All things Cyberpunk 2077 General Thread

Ugh..... the "objectification" thing again? Is society losing it's ability to restrain itself, or did I miss something?

I never understood the argument against it in video games or other "fantasy" type media. Makes no sense really.

But that's a whole other slippery slope I'd rather not get into. It never ends well.

But I wouldn't expect much from CDPR going forward with this game. Assuming they survive this, it's more

likely they'll want to get the game to a stable middle ground between all platforms, regardless of generation,

patch in some fixes and changes to the various systems, and move on to some mediocre DLC stuff to live up

to their obligations to investment partners, before moving on to something else. I know many like to look back

to CDPR's Witcher record as some benchmark of what they're capable of, but that doesn't realistically apply

when many of the devs who worked all that "magic" are no longer with the studio. And the studio itself is no

longer the same as a company.

A lot of things came together in 2018 to create this "perfect shitstorm" at CDPR. Going "public" fundamentally

changed the studio forever. Which happened AFTER the Witcher 3's launch. This game was in development well

before that. Then, Keanu Reeves got involved. Again, AFTER development was already well under way. 2018

seems to be the focal point of all this activity surrounding the game, and CDPR as a company. Hence, why I

believe the game was changed right down to it's very foundation, and then band-aided back together into the

incoherent, inconsistent, incomplete mish-mash we got, to meet a completely unrealistic release timeline

considering all that activity.

At this point, it's all about "survival" for CDPR. The evidence of this is all over their own forums. Countless

threads filled with "expectation" from every upcoming patch. Yet in reality, every patch released thus far

has been little more than a handful of bugfixes. NONE of them have achieved the goal of convincing Sony

to relist the game. The general performance of the game is all over the place. And every patch/hotfix seems

to fix some things for some players, while completely breaking the game for others. I expect patch 1.2 will

likely continue this trend. And I don't really see Sony waiting much beyond a full quarter before dropping

the game permanently.

Anyway, I have my eye on the horizon. I suspect we'll see some similarly themed titles announced by

the middle to the end of the year.

45 minutes ago, Alan M said:

Do you think  there will be an adult mod community for cyberpunk2077? as the successor of skyrim maybe? 

What Otaku said, not a chance.

I doubt there ever will be... Unless TES6 just ends up SkyrimSE with updated graphics... But that wouldn't happen, right?

There is already a modding community (quite active) and some of us try also adult mods.

The modkit is already very advanced, better than the Witcher 3 one.

But we face more or less the same limitations of Witcher 3 modding: no custom animations are possible (you can replace anims but you cannot add new anims) and scripts are not yet possible to compile (but it is a matter of time.) "Quests" are a mystery. They do not work like they worked in TW3, but we are investigating.

Expect maybe the same level of adult mods you had for Witcher 3.

On 2/7/2021 at 11:52 AM, endgame † addiction said:

I'm not liable for any hurt feelings.

I'd say some of the criticism is applicable to other games as well. "The lack of variety of enemies" - hence the lack of variety of combat - is the same in Fallout games as well. The combat in CP77 is the same as the one in FO4, I'd say. True, CDPR added a stupidly OP stealth - you can sneak up on anyone to kill them at level 1 with no perks. Spongy enemies have been a trademark of Bethesda for a long time, Fallout 4 got it to a new level where you need half of a magazine to kill a dog before investing perks into your gun skills - I'm talking about the legendary "survival" difficulty here. 

58 minutes ago, CPU said:

There is already a modding community (quite active) and some of us try also adult mods.

The modkit is already very advanced, better than the Witcher 3 one.

But we face more or less the same limitations of Witcher 3 modding: no custom animations are possible (you can replace anims but you cannot add new anims) and scripts are not yet possible to compile (but it is a matter of time.) "Quests" are a mystery. They do not work like they worked in TW3, but we are investigating.

Expect maybe the same level of adult mods you had for Witcher 3.

Thanks for the info

fingers crossed  skyrim is very old now wonder if we will be able to get latest gen in the modding community 

Sorry if off topic but, is there currently mods for CB77 here already? Bc I thought this was some sort of Rogue/''Bolder'' version of the Nexus site for modding games, and talking abt the game being X or Z is fine, but i cant find any Topic w/ a list of mods on this site for this game.

6 hours ago, MuTF80 said:

Sorry if off topic but, is there currently mods for CB77 here already? Bc I thought this was some sort of Rogue/''Bolder'' version of the Nexus site for modding games, and talking abt the game being X or Z is fine, but i cant find any Topic w/ a list of mods on this site for this game.

The thread you are commenting in is called "All things Cyberpunk 2077 General Thread" so it a "general" thread about "all things".

The thread you are looking for is

1 hour ago, DoneBye said:

Well, I think that image I made makes even more sense now. CDPR got hacked.

https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/important-update.11079914/

I think at this point CDPR could actually gain some trust by making the source public (if it leaks anyway) while keeping it under existing license but allowing people owning the game to compile it for personal use. Who knows, they could have some good pool requests in a near future.

Hmm..... a whole lot of "preemptive" dialogue to unpack here. In both documents.

The ransom note reads like it was written by a teenager.

"EPICALLY pwned!" Seriously? Is this still a thing among today's hacker kids? ?

The CDPR "response" is even more problematic. It essentially confirms everything the alleged

hackers claim. Then makes it even worse, by acknowledging that they keep game source files

(for MULTIPLE titles) on the same network as multiple other departmental files. Really? And

taking "necessary steps to mitigate" the consequences of a leak? Like what? Coming clean with

all parties involved? Didn't they claim to have already done that in their apology tour video?

I mean, why would you release "evidentiary material" to the public? To what end? Why all

this detail? Wouldn't it be better to put out a generic "we got hacked, but don't worry, no

user information was leaked" message, confirm that the appropriate authorities are looking

into the matter, and leave it at that?

I'm not saying CDPR is faking this "hack". I don't believe they are. But I DO believe they're

handling this as ham-handedly as they have everything else, and that it may not be as serious

as they allude. And they need to stop. Because it's not helping their damaged image at all.

52 minutes ago, Trykz said:

Hmm..... a whole lot of "preemptive" dialogue to unpack here. In both documents.

The CDPR "response" is even more problematic. It essentially confirms everything the alleged

hackers claim. Then makes it even worse, by acknowledging that they keep game source files

(for MULTIPLE titles) on the same network as multiple other departmental files. Really? And

taking "necessary steps to mitigate" the consequences of a leak? Like what? Coming clean with

all parties involved? Didn't they claim to have already done that in their apology tour video?

I mean, why would you release "evidentiary material" to the public? To what end? Why all

this detail? Wouldn't it be better to put out a generic "we got hacked, but don't worry, no

user information was leaked" message, confirm that the appropriate authorities are looking

I'm not saying CDPR is faking this "hack". I don't believe they are. But I DO believe they're

handling this as ham-handedly as they have everything else, and that it may not be as serious

as they allude. And they need to stop. Because it's not helping their damaged image at all.

This "hack" seems to be extremely targeted at the CDPR corpos.

Whoever did this seems to want to expose the dirty laundry, and tank the company completely. It doesn't seem to be so much about CP2077, as about CDPR's corpos and their shenanigans. If this person has indeed, a lot of dirty laundry to show, it could potentially destroy CDPR.

I reckon by Thursday, we have either nothing, or a flood of info and CDPR making a lot of sob posts about it all being "fake".

The level of trust in CDPR is so high at the moment, that people are claiming this was an inside job to gain sympathy and try to avert more lawsuits and fees.

I lost all trust, and I don't believe one single word from CDPR, but I'm not sure they'd be as stupid as to fake a hacking+ransom to gather sympathy.

They also are in a lot of danger because of GDPR. If there was indeed a hack, and personal info leaked due to CDPR's negligence in terms of security, they're in for hell from EU GDPR laws, on top of everything else.

For the sake of all the innocent people working there (I don't care about the corpos, CDPR is in this mess because of them), I hope this gets resolved without a lot of innocent people losing their jobs.

1 hour ago, Trykz said:

Polish law forces them to properly inform every party involved in the data breach within 48 hours, this was probably the easiest way to do so.

And why they included the ransom note? Probably because it's pretty cringe, so everyone can laugh at it.

53 minutes ago, DoneBye said:

This "hack" seems to be extremely targeted at the CDPR corpos.

Whoever did this seems to want to expose the dirty laundry, and tank the company completely. It doesn't seem to be so much about CP2077, as about CDPR's corpos and their shenanigans. If this person has indeed, a lot of dirty laundry to show, it could potentially destroy CDPR.

I reckon by Thursday, we have either nothing, or a flood of info and CDPR making a lot of sob posts about it all being "fake".

The level of trust in CDPR is so high at the moment, that people are claiming this was an inside job to gain sympathy and try to avert more lawsuits and fees.

I lost all trust, and I don't believe one single word from CDPR, but I'm not sure they'd be as stupid as to fake a hacking+ransom to gather sympathy.

They also are in a lot of danger because of GDPR. If there was indeed a hack, and personal info leaked due to CDPR's negligence in terms of security, they're in for hell from EU GDPR laws, on top of everything else.

For the sake of all the innocent people working there (I don't care about the corpos, CDPR is in this mess because of them), I hope this gets resolved without a lot of innocent people losing their jobs.

That's all hyper dramatic and shit but nothing you propose is going to happen. Ever. Didn't happen with EA. Didn't happen with Activision. Didn't happen with UBI$haft. Didn't happen with Sony. or Eidos. Didn't happen with Capcom.

So unless CDPR stole another company's tech to make 77 the only thing that's going to happen is several months to years now someone will get arrested and civil-fined to fuck and back unless they live in the Cayman Islands.

Hell Crytek did steal apps and software and all they got was a fine and a frowny face emoji.

On 2/8/2021 at 4:10 AM, phillout said:

I'd say some of the criticism is applicable to other games as well. "The lack of variety of enemies" - hence the lack of variety of combat - is the same in Fallout games as well. The combat in CP77 is the same as the one in FO4, I'd say. True, CDPR added a stupidly OP stealth - you can sneak up on anyone to kill them at level 1 with no perks. Spongy enemies have been a trademark of Bethesda for a long time, Fallout 4 got it to a new level where you need half of a magazine to kill a dog before investing perks into your gun skills - I'm talking about the legendary "survival" difficulty here. 

I agree. The combat is dating back to the last few gens. Their ragdoll is about the same as Skyrim. I have yet to see anything next gen about this game.

I get the feeling that I would probably be more disappointed if I were a CD Projekt Red fan and thought that The Witcher 3 was the greatest game ever. It looks as my feelings were spared by not buying into their hype.

It did not save me the money that I could have saved by buying the game for a significant discount after the backlash hit, though. More is the pity. 

2 hours ago, 27X said:

That's all hyper dramatic and shit but nothing you propose is going to happen. Ever. Didn't happen with EA. Didn't happen with Activision. Didn't happen with UBI$haft. Didn't happen with Sony. or Eidos. Didn't happen with Capcom.

So unless CDPR stole another company's tech to make 77 the only thing that's going to happen is several months to years now someone will get arrested and civil-fined to fuck and back unless they live in the Cayman Islands.

Hell Crytek did steal apps and software and all they got was a fine and a frowny face emoji.

^^ This.

Hell..  99/100 or more of these "ransom hacks" amount to absolutely nothing.  About 0.9/100 End up with the 'hacker' (if we can even call these pathetic script kiddies these days hackers at this point) getting fined or worse, and the remaining 0.1/100 the 'hackers' actually release/post something you rather they didn't, which tends to range anywhere from "annoys the hell out of you" to "loses you money".

Case in point, While combing through my email, I'd say about once a month on average I get one of those "Blah blah, we're demanding ransom money from you, or we'll post the video we've been compiling when you're alone in front of that webcam of yours..."

Which would be a fantastic trick, since I don't, and never have owned a webcam in the first place.  :P

Honestly, if they figured out some kind of voodoo techno-magic to record me doing something 'naughty' without my  having a cam to begin with, I'd probably just ask them if I could buy a link to wherever they hosted said videos.  Skills like that should be rewarded.  xD

3 hours ago, FauxFurry said:

I get the feeling that I would probably be more disappointed if I were a CD Projekt Red fan and thought that The Witcher 3 was the greatest game ever. It looks as my feelings were spared by not buying into their hype.

It did not save me the money that I could have saved by buying the game for a significant discount after the backlash hit, though. More is the pity. 

The witcher 3 is amazing. The people that made witcher 3 amazing don't work for CDPR anymore. As soon as 2018 rolled around expecting 77 to be anything more than what it is now was an idiot's gambit.

77's story is good. Very good. Just like witcher 2 and 3, the game is literally unfinished and won't be until 2022. Unlike Witcher 2 and 3, the people that stayed on course for several years after launch for 11-12 hours a day 5 days a week don't work at CDPR anymore.

5 hours ago, 27X said:

Feel free to go check out the levels of drama going on all over the place, but I won't be called "hyper dramatic" for talking about the conspiracy theories and other things that people are spewing. Your post looks as if you didn't read my post fully, or if you did, you misunderstood it.

Also, I don't know where you're from, but I'm from EU. I know very well the deep shit CDPR will be in if that personal data is leaked. The GDPR people will land on them faster than they can blink, and sue them to hell. That alone, would be enough to finish them off. The EU isn't America, and CDPR is an EU company. Mess with the GDPR and you're done for.

2 hours ago, 27X said:

The witcher 3 is amazing. The people that made witcher 3 amazing don't work for CDPR anymore. As soon as 2018 rolled around expecting 77 to be anything more than what it is now was an idiot's gambit.

77's story is good. Very good. Just like witcher 2 and 3, the game is literally unfinished and won't be until 2022. Unlike Witcher 2 and 3, the people that stayed on course for several years after launch for 11-12 hours a day 5 days a week don't work at CDPR anymore.

Perhaps when I finally get around to playing them, I will retroactively feel betrayed and feel the need to vent my loathing for CD Projekt Red far and wide for all to see (though I somehow doubt that as I have yet to do that for any company) due to how incredibly transcendent each and every millisecond of the experience happens to be (or at least if I enjoy it as much as I did Breath of Fire 2-4 once upon a time ago).