All things Cyberpunk 2077 General Thread

13 hours ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

I countered that the Steam charts alone didn't disprove what they said because it's just one sample.

Ah, OK. I assumed you disagree that CP has been abandoned by the players and soon by the developers what was my main point.

Edited by prinyo
7 hours ago, prinyo said:

Ah, OK. I assumed you disagree that CP has been abandoned by the players and soon by the developers what was my main point.

True about the players. The game doesn't exactly have the greatest replay value and simple patches have been slow thanks to the chaos CDPR is in with the lawsuits against the execs. Actual expansions and DLC I won't expect until next year at best, if ever.

1 hour ago, Gorosmom said:

isn't the main director of the game fired? I mean its hard to pronounce his name but he got replace...

Except he didn't and Badowski is rather easy to pronounce. Also kind of hard to fire a guy that owns about a third of the company. He's actually working on another project right now, because 77 is done, and you're response is "yeah, but they made him work on something else cause 77 bad," The guy he muscled out of his job to take over design on 77 personally did the same thing with Witcher 3. As soon as Witcher 3 was done and before ANY DLC was made he started on ... 77, with his main assistant taking over the TW3 DLCs.

This is literally business as usual and ranks up there with "OMG DID YOU HEARDED KATHLEEN KENNDY GOT FIREDED!!!!!!!!" Yeeep, any month now that'll come true despite it being said for the last almost year now, just ignore that she just got a raise and all Dave Filoni got a couple months ago was a title change that doesn't even change his job at Lucasfilm, anyyyyy day now he'll be in charge cause Kennedy got fired.... anyyyy day now. Yep. Gonna happen. Any Day. Sure thing. Any second now.

Meanwhile her contract has until after Indiana Jones to expire.

7 hours ago, 27X said:

Except he didn't and Badowski is rather easy to pronounce. Also kind of hard to fire a guy that owns about a third of the company. He's actually working on another project right now, because 77 is done, and you're response is "yeah, but they made him work on something else cause 77 bad," The guy he muscled out of his job to take over design on 77 personally did the same thing with Witcher 3. As soon as Witcher 3 was done and before ANY DLC was made he started on ... 77, with his main assistant taking over the TW3 DLCs.

This is literally business as usual and ranks up there with "OMG DID YOU HEARDED KATHLEEN KENNDY GOT FIREDED!!!!!!!!" Yeeep, any month now that'll come true despite it being said for the last almost year now, just ignore that she just got a raise and all Dave Filoni got a couple months ago was a title change that doesn't even change his job at Lucasfilm, anyyyyy day now he'll be in charge cause Kennedy got fired.... anyyyy day now. Yep. Gonna happen. Any Day. Sure thing. Any second now.

Meanwhile her contract has until after Indiana Jones to expire.

So there is a guy doing bad his job, then there is another guy who fixes all the shit he made. Doesn't seem like a good business plan. 

So there is a guy doing bad his job, then there is another guy who fixes all the shit he made. Doesn't seem like a good business plan. 

As we can see, it's not. The problem is Badowski turned into Ideas Guy when he had no business doing so. TW3 had a giant following based on mechanics and presentation, and the original designer was very clearly continuing that while expanding to fit CyberPunk's mechanics and world presentation.

The largest complaint after "unoptimized chugfest fix your shit" is "where my upskirt for fapfapfapfap", and Badowski was the primary force behind getting rid of this for MUH UHMMERSIONS. If CDPR had allowed the original team to do their thing and Badowski had tailored what he wanted for the DLC, we prolly wouldn't be having this conversation at all.

• 3 weeks later...

Stupid question but how do I use the Cyber Engine tweaks to add items? I've followed the instructions on a couple of websites but nothing works. I'm trying to get the Lexington Wilson gives you because I think I might've accidently scrapped it. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I let the modders work for awhile then go back, start a new play through with both changes from CDPR and the public sector.

I just stumbled upon something which had me stopping and smiling . . . . . . .

https://github.com/jackhumbert/let_there_be_flight/releases   How about flying vehicles? This simply blew me away.

To make it easy just scroll down and download the 'packed' version, unzip it and drop the 2 folders in the games main directory.

Using the KB/M it's 'E' to start/stop flight mode. SPACE to climb. CTRL to descend. WASD works as it should but flying is 'frictionless', so using 'C' to brake will become normal. There are other features but that's the gist of it.

The 'professionalism' of this mod is commendable.

photomode_06082022_025348.png.a95c20e5aa9b2597dfadc8d8d0d032d2.png

Edited by landess
  • 1 month later...