All things Cyberpunk 2077 General Thread

Sorting out the problems with the multiple AI systems vs. overall balance is going to be a monumental task. Or maybe they think the AI and balance is fine because it's a single player game? (for now)

Whatever. Not really interested in multiplayer anyway (unless it's non-pvp co-op). It'll also be interesting to see how they plug up the plot holes in the story through the DLCs.

I doubt Keanu Reeves is going to come back for those. Or even a full-on expansion given the initial launch issues.

I kind of expect them to be just more side jobs and gigs you can do after being returned to the "point of no return" (or maybe even before?).

Which would be cool, if and when they fix all the AI systems. Fixing and improving the generic and police AI systems could open up a bunch of new content avenues.

They kind of screwed themselves with the whole "V or Johnny" choice though.

Trykz

1 hour ago, Trykz said:

Sorting out the problems with the multiple AI systems vs. overall balance is going to be a monumental task. Or maybe they think the AI and balance is fine because it's a single player game? (for now)

So far, all I have seen is talk of how they are going to fix the issues with it running on consoles and then fix the bugs. There has been no mention of getting the game to a point where it meets the more realistic expectations we had before it's launch. I think there was some release that mentioned vast changes being made to the game but I honestly think that will not come to anything.

As far as (the lack of) NPC AI goes, I suspect fixing the behavior/reaction to V jumping or dodging near them and giving them a more believable pathing route, rather than just crossing and re-crossing the same street, would be considered fixed.

I wonder if CDPR wouldn't have been better just releasing it on PC?
Both to the company finances (which I expect will recover) and reputation (which may never fully recover)

1 hour ago, Trykz said:

They kind of screwed themselves with the whole "V or Johnny" choice though.

If you mean for using V again in follow up DLC's, I've thought about this and I think they could still, feasibly, do this.

(SPOILERS Follow)

Spoiler

SERIOUSLY, DON'T READ IF YOU HAVE EITHER NOT FINISHED THE GAME OR ARE WAITING FOR CDPR TO RELEASE A FINISHED PRODUCT BEFORE PLAYING IT ?

Corpo/Arasaka Ending:

You agree to have an engram made and are stored in Mikoshi.
Takemura needs your help for some crisis or other and convinces the Saburo/Hanaka that the little thief that took on and brought down Arasaka, under Yorinobu, is the best person for the job.
You are "Re-sleeved" (That trope is already out there with Altered Carbon) and brought back into the world.

If Goro died, then it turns out that Daddy or Daughter Arasaka had commissioned his engram and he is re-sleeved, then convinces them... etc.

You choose 6 months of sad and lonely(?) life.

Arasaka kept a copy of your engram anyway (because of course they did) and while you died when your body finally rejected you they can re-sleeve you. See scenario above.

Street (Rogue and Johnny) Nomad (Aldecados) or, the hidden,1(2) man army (V and Johnny) Assault on Arasaka/Mikoshi:
You agree to become apart of Alt and let Johnny take your body.

You're needed in the world again Johnny, still in V's original (aging?) body, convinces Alt to seperate your psyche from "her" own and create an engram or Alt decides to do this independantly as "she" needs an agent in physical world to deal with whatever is happening that warranted a paid for DLC.

Rest of the basic detes are as above.

You decided to live a life for 6 months, either in NC or travelling South with the Aldecados

Insert same scenario as above, either you had an engram made before inevitable death or Alt made a back up of you while you were in Mikoshi.

No one else should die for you:

Well ok, this ones fucked. What were you thinking? How did you not know how many people loved you?

That is my take on how they could bring back V as a playable or even non-playable character. Not sure that they will not just start from scratch tho'

Of course there is always the prequal route, where you play out the 6months in between joining up with Jackie at the end of V's life path intro and the rescue of Sandra Dorsett.

This could have a lower level cap and then lead into the Original game.
I don't much like the idea of setting a DLC involving the same characters in the middle of the games events (see Hearts of Stone for TW3) considering how time critical the story line is meant to be.

If they do just release more gigs and side jobs then I would rather it be with a new character and nothing to do with the Relic/Mikoshi story

@Mez558

Their rep is seriously muddied. For now. At least as far as their transparency and honesty goes. Definitely repairable, but never fully recoverable. Many will

inevitably point to this launch for many years to come. And that's on them. What remains to be seen is how important it really is to the board members and shareholders.

But definitely not because anyone really thinks they suck or anything, but more or less because of the massive hype campaign that left people who followed the game

for many years feeling deceived. Regardless of subjective opinion, gamers will be gamers. You hype them to elevated levels of near blindness, and no matter what

you say, or how many semi-transparent disclaimers you plaster over your promo gameplay videos, they're going to feel ripped off when you don't deliver what they

were expecting, or showed them behind that disclaimer. I don't think anyone could legit argue that the stuff they put out through the 8 year hype machine was anything

less than "shady" at best.

On the potential DLC/Expansion side, let's just clarify how CDPR classifies these:

DLC = free, small content releases

Expansion = basically, what you might expect from a paid Bethesda DLC

That aside:

In the DLC's, I don't expect much more than small additions "within" the existing game's content. And I wouldn't be even a little surprised to find that it's stuff like what

many people are calling "cut content". I'm pretty much expecting that nearly every "DLC" will be some pieces of content they either couldn't finish for release, or couldn't

get working at all. Car paints, post creation character customization options perhaps through the in-game mirrors, a couple new living spaces (penthouse and

house in the hills), and maybe some activity type stuff like police scenarios or gang war/faction content at the district borders.

For an expansion:

I don't think they could pull off a "prequel". People are pissed about the "montage" with Jackie as it is. Try to pull off a timeline prior to that, and it'll be full-on

rage mode. I have my own set of issues with the story. It's good, don't get me wrong. But it's implementation into the game is just complete shit IMHO. It feels

like a side-quest they pulled out, expanded for Reeves' part (not by any fault of his own. But CDPR $$$ cha-ching! woohoo! we got a movie star!), and then

pasted back into the game in pieces splattered all over the place. Like when my Nomad V found her old car:

"Oh, hi Johnny! Ahh, but OF COURSE you must have an opinion on this". Really? I wanted my car back. Until he made me feel like an asshole for trying to repo my own shit.

It would have come off better had it felt more "organic". But to me, it felt like one of those "plastered in" points of the game. Especially because of the kind

of person I perceived him to be at that point in the game. A few hours ago he wanted me dead and to take over my body. Now he suddenly gives a shit about my car?

I think a lot of what you put behind the spoiler "could" work.

Spoiler

But I think a majority of current players would prefer to play as V since they basically got completely screwed out of V's story in the base game and got stuck with The Silverhand Chronicles.

Trykz

List of all Witcher 3 freeDLC:

• Temerian Armor Set
  • Beard and Hairstyle Set (char customization?)
  • New Quest – ‘Contract: Missing Miners’
  • Alternative Look for Yennefer
  • Nilfgaardian Armor Set
  • Elite Crossbow Set
  • New Quest – ‘Fool’s Gold’
  • Ballad Heroes’ Neutral Gwent Card Set
  • New Quest – ‘Scavenger Hunt: Wolf School Gear’
  • Alternative Look for Triss
  • New Quest – ‘Contract: Skellige’s Most Wanted’
  • Skellige Armor Set
  • Alternative Look for Ciri
  • New Quest – ‘Where the Cat and Wolf Play…’
  • New Finisher Animations
  • NEW GAME +.
    So expect something on these lines

Yup, I completely agree with @Kargrin on what to expect, and once again I think people are setting their expectations too high.  I also just replayed the TW3, and nearly forgot about all the bugs I experienced playing it (even at its current patched form). 

I ran into similar issues with npcs clipping through objects in the background during cutscenes (even had an npc clip a weapon through his face like Jackie lol), and Roach had similar issues to calling your car over.  I'm starting to think its more of an "engine" problem, than just the game files and or bugs.  When you look at the base of CP2077, its basically a beefed up version of TW3 engine with ray tracing :D

Good news at least for modding is it seem like were onto the "replacement" phase of modding, a step beyond just hacking (CE stuff).  Couple of good hairstyle, outfit replacers up on the nexus if anyone hasn't seen.

Hopefully that'll get some fuel going on the scene.  But of course still very limited without tools, and I'm not sure how far repacking has gone for the archives.  Also amazing there's already a nude male body retex out, before a female one.  Game must have really pissed off people for that to be the case LOL.

15 minutes ago, Kargrin said:

List of all Witcher 3 freeDLC:

• Temerian Armor Set
  • Beard and Hairstyle Set (char customization?)
  • New Quest – ‘Contract: Missing Miners’
  • Alternative Look for Yennefer
  • Nilfgaardian Armor Set
  • Elite Crossbow Set
  • New Quest – ‘Fool’s Gold’
  • Ballad Heroes’ Neutral Gwent Card Set
  • New Quest – ‘Scavenger Hunt: Wolf School Gear’
  • Alternative Look for Triss
  • New Quest – ‘Contract: Skellige’s Most Wanted’
  • Skellige Armor Set
  • Alternative Look for Ciri
  • New Quest – ‘Where the Cat and Wolf Play…’
  • New Finisher Animations
  • NEW GAME +.
    So expect something on these lines

Never played the Witcher games, though I'm seriously considering it.

But I don't think individual armors, hairstyles, animations, or New game+ really qualify as DLC.

If I'm misunderstanding and that's all "parts" of full DLCs, then forgive my ignorance.

The quest stuff yeah. It adds things you couldn't "play" in the initial playthrough. But the rest just seems like fluff that isn't really relevant to gameplay.

I can't speak for others, but I wouldn't replay an entire game right after finishing a playthrough, just for an armor or hairstyle. To me, DLC gives me a

reason to replay or continue playing the game to experience the DLC's content.

Trykz

One could almost point to the success of the Witcher 3 for the current state of 'affairs'. Yeah, I played the GOTY version, on sale, almost 2 years after launch. I liked it, and found the majority of locations needed no loading screen - that was a big PLUS in my eyes. Regardless - I see the Witcher series itself as sort of a one-off. They had a book series to create the character and lore base. They also had 3 tries to get it to this point of 'reverence'. What else was CDPR known for?

Now that the success of W3 created a bit of a monster - financially successful, creating a huge fan base. High expectations of the company. Both the fans/players and CDPR got caught up in all their hype. The company grew and decided to create their own IP, loosely based on the Cyberpunk lore.

Hopefully a lot will be learned from all the events of the last few years and the company can knuckle down, save what they can of the 'debacle' and focus on their strengths. It won't be easy since the financial side is big enough to cause issues with the creative side - which IMO - is what got us into this mess to begin with. Too many investors and other moneymen wanting to get rich, while those responsible for creating the product will be under the gun to produce - quickly - and efficiently. We've all seen what happens when Studios get to a certain size and we've all complained about them when the players are left behind and only used for profit. Hard love....

CDPR fell from grace long before we got to play CP2077, and the Witcher 3 had a lot to do with that.

3 hours ago, Trykz said:

Never played the Witcher games, though I'm seriously considering it.

But I don't think individual armors, hairstyles, animations, or New game+ really qualify as DLC.

If I'm misunderstanding and that's all "parts" of full DLCs, then forgive my ignorance.

The quest stuff yeah. It adds things you couldn't "play" in the initial playthrough. But the rest just seems like fluff that isn't really relevant to gameplay.

I can't speak for others, but I wouldn't replay an entire game right after finishing a playthrough, just for an armor or hairstyle. To me, DLC gives me a

reason to replay or continue playing the game to experience the DLC's content.

Trykz

The items I mentioned were all separate freeDLC, each one were released at different dates and have their own downloadable packs.

The Hearth of Stone and Blood & Wine were expansions

@SilvistFrom what I gathered, the next stage of modding was somewhat thanks to AlphaOmega, the guy is well known for kickstarting RE3 and RoTtR modding

@Kargrin- Oh that's pretty cool.  I know RE3 helped alot of other Capcom games that used similar formats to RE3 gain modding, like Dragons Dogma.  As for Tomb raider, that's always had a huge modding community, so no surprise there (especially when a newer one comes out).

Just to bad we can't get Caliente to make us a good female V body lol.  I haven't talked to Cell in years, so not sure if he's even involved anymore :D

I'm keeping tabs on the CP2077 discord server, but sadly most of the modders aren't very talkative there.  Also not much "adult" mod discussion there either.

15 hours ago, Trykz said:

I don't think they could pull off a "prequel". People are pissed about the "montage" with Jackie as it is. Try to pull off a timeline prior to that, and it'll be full-on

rage mode. I have my own set of issues with the story. It's good, don't get me wrong. But it's implementation into the game is just complete shit IMHO. It feels

like a side-quest they pulled out, expanded for Reeves' part (not by any fault of his own. But CDPR $$$ cha-ching! woohoo! we got a movie star!), and then

pasted back into the game in pieces splattered all over the place. Like when my Nomad V found her old car:

I wasn't thinking pre montage but actually playing the montage sequence instead of having those cinematics.

My own issues with the Montage is only really the opening scene (that and that you clearly meet the Padre face to face and yet he still calls you as if a complete stranger) the one where Jackie is gesturing to the buildings/sights around and nearly wipes out some random on the phone. I really like that scene and it works well for the Nomad, my original choice of character. But, that scene also exists for both Street and Corp... Neither of who should need that sort of tour guide stuff from Jackie.

I also felt that the Nomad path was the more finished of the 3, from it's opening/intro quest (the other two a basically cut scenes with a small amount of interation, mostly dialogue) to it's path only options. Like the Aldecado/Panam questline seemed (to me) that it was meant solely for Nomad life path and the other two paths were meant to have their own equivalent. Something like Street with the Valentinos and Corp with a branch of Militech but the rushed release meant the other quests wouldn't be finished enough to put in the game so everyone got Panam's story. Just a theory... Or wishful thinking of what could have been.

15 hours ago, Trykz said:

"Oh, hi Johnny! Ahh, but OF COURSE you must have an opinion on this". Really? I wanted my car back. Until he made me feel like an asshole for trying to repo my own shit.

I think I paid her for the car and thought at the time, E$100 is not a lot of money for the car. The standard model sets you back a few thousand so I was being a bit tight giving her 100. Barely get a bus ticket for that.

I didn't mind Johnny's scenes too much because, hey, it's Keanu but the only time that I ever thought much of his dialogue is when you start following Pepe's wife and Johnny does his Philip Marlowe/Mike Hammer style narration. This had me laughing at points. I get what you mean about it not feeling organic. Like the internal conversation is completely missing from almost every side quest and gig, which is at least half and probably more, of the game. I suspect the answer/explanation would be that Johnny isn't interested enough in what you are doing to comment/make an appearance unless it's doing something that is related to his story.

11 hours ago, Kargrin said:

The items I mentioned were all separate freeDLC, each one were released at different dates and have their own downloadable packs.

The Hearth of Stone and Blood & Wine were expansions

Gotcha. So CDPR seems to consider "DLC" as "anything you download for free" and "expansion" as "large content chunks you purchase to download".

I kinda got that gist from the timeline screen but wasn't quite sure. Thanks for the clarification. I'm just too used to the typical naming convections I suppose.

9 minutes ago, Mez558 said:

I get what you mean about it not feeling organic. Like the internal conversation is completely missing from almost every side quest and gig, which is at least half and probably more, of the game. I suspect the answer/explanation would be that Johnny isn't interested enough in what you are doing to comment/make an appearance unless it's doing something that is related to his story.

Exactly. And that's the reason I suspect that of all the rumors floating around, the one about them basically rebuilding the game around Reeves' expanded role is

the most likely to be true. Again, that's fine. It was a smart business move. But it effectively disrupted years of work that was previously finished, and it shows in

the little details that RPG gamers tend to pick up on. But the whole RPG vs. Action Adventure thing is another argument entirely. But if we're being honest (as they

say they want to be), CDPR was throwing around the RPG tag themselves right up until launch. And many still are. Tagging your game as RPG in one comment, only

to claim it's "not" an RPG in the next (or while you're flashing an obscure disclaimer across your promo) is confusing. And highly disingenuous.

It's exactly the kind of overhyping advertiser doubletalk that led to the whole mess.

Da wartet man ewig auf ein Game, dann kommt es endlich raus.

Nach dem durchspielen merkt man das es nur zu 75% fertig war.

!!Nur für die noch Unentschlossenen!!

2077 ist den geforderten Preis nicht wert, verkaufe ja auch keine halben Bücher oder Mods....

p.s. Bücher

..lest mal wieder xD

Nein Spaß beiseite hab es jetzt 100 Stunden gespielt und 2 Enden durch, würde gern an die Entwickler ein Schreiben schicken.

Aber wenn sich da einer beschwert, lachen die sich nur schlapp.

Daher dachte ich mir sammele ich hier mal ein paar mehr Kommentare bevor ich das tue.

Hab die PC-Version und wären 100% fertig würde es trotz Bugs und Glitchs, 10 * bekommen so steht es bei mir auf 2 *

10 hours ago, Silvist said:

@Kargrin- Oh that's pretty cool.  I know RE3 helped alot of other Capcom games that used similar formats to RE3 gain modding, like Dragons Dogma.  As for Tomb raider, that's always had a huge modding community, so no surprise there (especially when a newer one comes out).

Just to bad we can't get Caliente to make us a good female V body lol.  I haven't talked to Cell in years, so not sure if he's even involved anymore :D

I'm keeping tabs on the CP2077 discord server, but sadly most of the modders aren't very talkative there.  Also not much "adult" mod discussion there either.

I did not understand well what you mean at the start (so forgive me if I am wrong) but Capcom has been using the same file structure for a long time. The modding of Capcom games came a long way from the first RE4 pc mods, from the RE6 and Revelations Chinese modding community (Maliwei777 and his first original mesh nude mod). Dragons Dogma modding started with the modding tools released by the REmodding forums community.

RE2remake nude modding also started with Maliwei777 releasing the first nude body that was (and still is) used as a base for both RE2 and RE3. Modding most of the time comes from past to present.

In the end a modding ecosystem is composed of many actors, most of the time with collaborative and affirmative work.Thats why I believe firmly that modding should be and remain free.

Also try this modding discord: https://discord.gg/2bT93CkA4B

AlphaOmega is also there helping people with the latest tools ?

20 hours ago, Mez558 said:

So far, all I have seen is talk of how they are going to fix the issues with it running on consoles and then fix the bugs. There has been no mention of getting the game to a point where it meets the more realistic expectations we had before it's launch. I think there was some release that mentioned vast changes being made to the game but I honestly think that will not come to anything.

As far as (the lack of) NPC AI goes, I suspect fixing the behavior/reaction to V jumping or dodging near them and giving them a more believable pathing route, rather than just crossing and re-crossing the same street, would be considered fixed.

I wonder if CDPR wouldn't have been better just releasing it on PC?
Both to the company finances (which I expect will recover) and reputation (which may never fully recover)

If you mean for using V again in follow up DLC's, I've thought about this and I think they could still, feasibly, do this.

(SPOILERS Follow)

Reveal hidden contents

SERIOUSLY, DON'T READ IF YOU HAVE EITHER NOT FINISHED THE GAME OR ARE WAITING FOR CDPR TO RELEASE A FINISHED PRODUCT BEFORE PLAYING IT ?

Corpo/Arasaka Ending:

You agree to have an engram made and are stored in Mikoshi.
Takemura needs your help for some crisis or other and convinces the Saburo/Hanaka that the little thief that took on and brought down Arasaka, under Yorinobu, is the best person for the job.
You are "Re-sleeved" (That trope is already out there with Altered Carbon) and brought back into the world.

If Goro died, then it turns out that Daddy or Daughter Arasaka had commissioned his engram and he is re-sleeved, then convinces them... etc.

You choose 6 months of sad and lonely(?) life.

Arasaka kept a copy of your engram anyway (because of course they did) and while you died when your body finally rejected you they can re-sleeve you. See scenario above.

Street (Rogue and Johnny) Nomad (Aldecados) or, the hidden,1(2) man army (V and Johnny) Assault on Arasaka/Mikoshi:
You agree to become apart of Alt and let Johnny take your body.

You're needed in the world again Johnny, still in V's original (aging?) body, convinces Alt to seperate your psyche from "her" own and create an engram or Alt decides to do this independantly as "she" needs an agent in physical world to deal with whatever is happening that warranted a paid for DLC.

Rest of the basic detes are as above.

You decided to live a life for 6 months, either in NC or travelling South with the Aldecados

Insert same scenario as above, either you had an engram made before inevitable death or Alt made a back up of you while you were in Mikoshi.

No one else should die for you:

Well ok, this ones fucked. What were you thinking? How did you not know how many people loved you?

That is my take on how they could bring back V as a playable or even non-playable character. Not sure that they will not just start from scratch tho'

Of course there is always the prequal route, where you play out the 6months in between joining up with Jackie at the end of V's life path intro and the rescue of Sandra Dorsett.

This could have a lower level cap and then lead into the Original game.
I don't much like the idea of setting a DLC involving the same characters in the middle of the games events (see Hearts of Stone for TW3) considering how time critical the story line is meant to be.

If they do just release more gigs and side jobs then I would rather it be with a new character and nothing to do with the Relic/Mikoshi story

Spoiler

They're very likely not going the V backup route because many people would consider that to not be the real V and would then get mad about wanting V back, It's clearly set up throughout the game that Mr. Blue eyes has something to do with either some sort of shadow corporation or rogue AI with the capabilities to help V, this is very likely what the Expansions will explore.

So either go to Arizona and meet someone there who points you towards  Mr. Blue eyes, you already meet him in the Sun ending and the V that returns from orbit could simply be approached at some point.

The other endings might be considered dead ends like the suicide ending.

That's how I've interpreted the little evidence we have anyways.

14 minutes ago, peculiaris said:

Reveal hidden contents

Agreed. It just seems much more likely to me.

Spoiler

It allows for the RPG like "connection" the player got screwed out of playing Silverhand's story. I left the vanilla game feeling like I knew less about my V character than Johnny Silverhand.

It just made the whole game feel like a patchwork of movie script fragments thrown into various places to tell me Silverhand's story. I'd be willing to bet that if you took out all of the "extended"

bits of the quest, what would remain would be a compelling, exceptionally well done side quest. Hell, I would even have been fine with the "relic malfunctions" for the duration of that particular

quest, so long as it went away during the times it's not "active". But the way it's implemented feel "invasive". And the pills? What good are they when they're nothing more than a "Johnny, no

Johnny" switch?

Wouldn't it have been better to implement the pills in a more "interactive" gameplay manner? Like getting hit by a malfunction, you actually "use" a blocker if you're not pursuing the main story.

Then use one of Misty's pills when you ARE pursuing the main story for the times you need to give Johnny control? You could even limit the stack size to have V return to Misty or Vic from time to time.

I dunno. Just seems like the decision to expand Silverhand's role came at the huge cost of a great many missed opportunities that would have led to delivering a much more compelling game.

Whatever they do, I just hope it's enough for me to get back into the game in a more meaningful way, and for more than 20-30 minutes before I get bored and close it again.

@Kargrin- Ah, I was actually wrong I was thinking of ME3 for some reason, and got it mixed up.  I just recall some people on the dragons dogma modding page paying homage to people from RE3 for some of the modding tools.  I believe your right about it being from Remodding forum community.

I'm completely with you on how the scene should always remain free, and I've been through alot of game modding since the days of Morrowind.  I became very active around the Skyrim era of modding, and got pretty heavily into Dragon Age Inquisition modding.  DAI wouldn't have had any modding if not for WarrantyVoider and a guy by the name of Eham (forgot his full user name).  Eham actually goes by another name, and was a HUGE contributor to the Skywind/Skyoblivion scene.

Eham pretty much from scratch created his own creation kit for DAI (even though he never finished it), and I believe he was behind a couple tools that the Skywind/Skyoblivion team uses.  You can actually find his name in the credits page of that site.  Sadly he disappeared around the time monetary modding shit started to rear its ugly head.  I believe he was a pretty successful coder at a big tech company, so money was the last of his concerns :D

@peculiaris

I wasn't really saying that is how I think they would do only that is how they could do it while staying, more or less, faithful to the genre.

Completely forgot about "him" or the whole Rogue AI angle in that storyline. I concur, that does sound more likely. If they were to follow on with the same character.

@Cullaidh

Dette er grunden til, at du opretter memes og videoer for at le af deres inkompetence. Dette kan gøre udviklere triste, men det sender udgivere en besked. Men det vil ikke være nok, brug ingen penge på deres produkter. Det vil forstyrre aktionærerne. Måske får de deres handling sammen. Måske. Jeg mistede mine forventninger og begejstring for dette spil for mange år siden. Nu kan jeg grine af memes og ikke synes synd på dem.

If translation worked like it did to translate what OP said, I may get my speech skill increased.