All things Cyberpunk 2077 General Thread

On 11/10/2020 at 12:18 PM, 27X said:

Not sure how you interpreted "adult themes" as "full penetration in HD", but nothing of the sort is going to occur unless you consider a bouncing camera with tits in it full penetration. Marketing is not gameplay. Marketing will never be gameplay.

Marketing is indeed gameplay when one is playing head games.

Damn, it looks like I spoiled the whole main story of the game using deduction on the materials from the "NC Wire"  that been shown and what's been told.
Specially from gameplay (story) trailers. Now I know what role V would play and who is the main antagonist of the story.

regarding body sliders in this game... after all the wire episodes and other trailers i have not seen any variations of boob sliders. however, there are all kinds of applied size in hight, muscle, fat. that being said if there would be npcs running around with double d cups, it would have been known by now. just from observing the world... the clothing is rather static.. (a la skyrim), meaning physics in that matter play a very limited role and therefore static large cups and so on look stupid. its only logical to not have them at all in the game. at least from the release, which is fine.

the thing that annoys me so far the most is the only first person view. imo its only done to make the game more multiplayer compatible, right from the start it tells us..."no mods pls". if the future of the game is a futuristic online shooter, its going to be anything but mod friendly. i guess we already expected something like that knowing the witcher series.

On 11/21/2020 at 3:10 AM, 0wnyx said:

regarding body sliders in this game... after all the wire episodes and other trailers i have not seen any variations of boob sliders. however, there are all kinds of applied size in hight, muscle, fat. that being said if there would be npcs running around with double d cups, it would have been known by now. just from observing the world.

The 48 min demo (saving the girl segment) had shown us that breast physics are in the game (it still looked like simple ragdoll constraints).
People, who played latest (19nov 2020)16 hour demo, wrote that breast slider was greyout in female character creator, only areola was available (restricted to media reviewers?).But some told that they customized V's schlong and his pubic hair. Apparently all sliders will be available at the release and considering the physics bones, Skeleton rig can be moddable for modders.
 All CharGen preset info so far

Spoiler

Cyberpunk 2077 appearance customisation options

With Cyberpunk 2077, CD Projekt Red have created one of the most diverse, inclusive, and powerful appearance customisation systems we’ve seen. After first choosing whether you want a masculine or feminine body type as a base, you can customise V in a variety of ways.

Below is every appearance option seen in the hands-on preview of Cyberpunk 2077:

• 6 skin types
  • 35 hairstyles
  • 17 eye types
  • 8 eyebrow types
  • 17 mouths
  • 17 jaws
  • 17 ear types
  • 9 cyberware options (including none)
  • 10 scar options (including none)
  • 7 facial tattoo options (including none)
  • 12 piercing options (including none)
  • 5 sets of teeth
  • 8 eye makeup options
  • 6 lip makeup options (including none)
  • 3 blemish types
  • 3 nipple types (including none)
  • A breast size slider
  • 5 body tattoo types
  • 2 body scar types
  • 2 penis types (or none)
  • A penis size slider
  • 2 vagina type (or none)
  • 5 pubic hair types
  • A buttock size slider

All of the numbered appearance options use presets, rather than dynamic simulation. Which means there are no sliders for things like nose size, jaw width, eye position, and so on. The only sliders we know of in the Cyberpunk character creation system are those for penis, breast, and buttock size.

So about the body, from V gender customization menu screenshot, female body uses the default template, so all fem NPCs are probably generated from that template. But !! I saw in the trailer " In style " this black woman has a decent bust, so dynamic presets might happen ?

So fair warning (but not to me, I like it)

So, people who go into this expecting it to be an FPS with tiny RPG mechanics like fallout 4/76 are likely gonna be SUPER disappointed. Its more like morrowind but with guns, in the sense that you can shoot like an FPS, but its far more an RPG with far more RPG mechanics. I explain it in the paragraph below.

The game isn't going to be an FPS at all. By that, combat is very slow and dragged out and enemies are extremely bullet sponges. There is no going to aim for the head and one shot kill and pew pew everything. And from what I'm hearing, not only is the combat very slow paced (but still actiony, its not actually like morrowind, its just nothing like a FPS where you one/two shot everything), its better to use stealth and strategy (in this way kinda like deus ex from my understanding). I actually like this, cause in a way it goes back to a semi fallout 3/NV playstyle where its more RPG and less FPS run and gun. But there will definitely people that don't like that.

You also don't find enemies around every the corner, and can go hours without combat (if you want, you can still purposely look for fights). This part I'm extremely happy about. Wow do I get annoyed as hell going every 3 steps and getting bombed by enemies and can't have any peace or be left alone. Go afk (most of my time afks are real life emergencies or phone calls and dont even got time to pause and this happens to me lots of times a day) and come back freakin dead cause there is no safety anywhere. Almost every freakin game does this and it always makes me rage so much. Most games aren't as bad as WoW though (thats a whole nother level of dumb) where they stun daze you every 5 seconds (or sometimes chain stun daze you), I quit the game cause of that lol. But maybe (some) people like being bombarded by an annoying amount of enemies everywhere they go and might be disappointed by it.

In a lot of ways, while its definitely an RPG. With going without combat for very long periods of time, its almost simulator-esque. Then the battles taking a long time due to bullet sponge enemies, and requiring more a stealth approach ala deus ex (though not quite as much)...think this game wont be for everyone, especially those hoping for a run and gun game with action around every corner.

Either way, cyberpunk 2077 is gonna be a VERY slow paced game. So people going in expecting a fast paced shoot em up are not gonna be having a good time. Hence this post as a semi-warning.

1 hour ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

Assuming this is true about it being more like Morrowind with guns, my interest just jumped several levels. I've been chasing that dragon for eighteen years.

I've been trying to mod that into Morrowind for almost as long. This will save some time and effort since it will be built in this time around. 

On 11/24/2020 at 8:37 AM, Neferata said:

So, people who go into this expecting it to be an FPS with tiny RPG mechanics like fallout 4/76 are likely gonna be SUPER disappointed. Its more like morrowind but with guns, in the sense that you can shoot like an FPS, but its far more an RPG with far more RPG mechanics. I explain it in the paragraph below.

The game isn't going to be an FPS at all. By that, combat is very slow and dragged out and enemies are extremely bullet sponges. There is no going to aim for the head and one shot kill and pew pew everything. And from what I'm hearing, not only is the combat very slow paced (but still actiony, its not actually like morrowind, its just nothing like a FPS where you one/two shot everything), its better to use stealth and strategy (in this way kinda like deus ex from my understanding). I actually like this, cause in a way it goes back to a semi fallout 3/NV playstyle where its more RPG and less FPS run and gun. But there will definitely people that don't like that.

You also don't find enemies around every the corner, and can go hours without combat (if you want, you can still purposely look for fights). This part I'm extremely happy about. Wow do I get annoyed as hell going every 3 steps and getting bombed by enemies and can't have any peace or be left alone. Go afk (most of my time afks are real life emergencies or phone calls and dont even got time to pause and this happens to me lots of times a day) and come back freakin dead cause there is no safety anywhere. Almost every freakin game does this and it always makes me rage so much. Most games aren't as bad as WoW though (thats a whole nother level of dumb) where they stun daze you every 5 seconds (or sometimes chain stun daze you), I quit the game cause of that lol. But maybe (some) people like being bombarded by an annoying amount of enemies everywhere they go and might be disappointed by it.

In a lot of ways, while its definitely an RPG. With going without combat for very long periods of time, its almost simulator-esque. Then the battles taking a long time due to bullet sponge enemies, and requiring more a stealth approach ala deus ex (though not quite as much)...think this game wont be for everyone, especially those hoping for a run and gun game with action around every corner.

Either way, cyberpunk 2077 is gonna be a VERY slow paced game. So people going in expecting a fast paced shoot em up are not gonna be having a good time. Hence this post as a semi-warning.

If you've ever heard of Rise of the Dragon, that is an example of an RPG/Point-and-Click Adventure Game with exactly one action sequence, a game which was one of my favorite Cyberpunk styled games of the 1990s. I can handle having only combat with context. 

On 11/24/2020 at 2:37 PM, Neferata said:

So, people who go into this expecting it to be an FPS with tiny RPG mechanics like fallout 4/76 are likely gonna be SUPER disappointed. Its more like morrowind but with guns, in the sense that you can shoot like an FPS, but its far more an RPG with far more RPG mechanics.

Good, I still don't like the forced first person camera though but the fact it's going to be an RPG rather than an FPS with light RPG mechanics is encouraging.

4 hours ago, FauxFurry said:

If you've ever heard of Rise of the Dragon, that is an example of an RPG/Point-and-Click Adventure Game with exactly one action sequence, a game which was one of my favorite Cyberpunk styled games of the 1990s. I can handle having only combat with context. 

Keep in mind, cyberpunk will still be action-like. I didnt do a good job clarifying it if mistook it for that. But I meant, in that morrowind combat is slow paced (and enemies take ages to kill (especially early on) and while cyberpunk combat is fps style, it isnt like an fps at all. For me, an FPS (as far as "RPGs" go) like fallout 4 and 76, those are definitely more FPS than RPG, especially for combat. 

Fallout 3 (and especially NV) aren't true FPS imo. Thats more in the style of cyberpunk, so maybe they'd been a better example but I find that less accurate because enemies are still treated in fallout 3/nv in a way where enemies arent really bullet spongey (though more than like call of duty or battlefield). Where as cyberpunk the combat is slow outside of the shooting and there is no headshots or anything like that (maybe head shots take more damage, but still take a lot of hits)

Though this is just the little spoilers I've read from people who played it (mostly testers), but combat sounds great. Its still shooting mechanics, but FPS players will definitely not like it.

(edit: I might be wrong, but you can miss your shots until get skilled(?)levels(?) enough. Pretty sure they said that. Probably its a gun sway thing than like morrowind where you swing and it connects but really miss. Its not like a 90s game, its just far more RPG and little actual FPS. Maybe it been better as an example that its more like fallout new vegas in combat, enemies like morrowind than say straight up morrowind.

6 hours ago, Kpnut said:

Good, I still don't like the forced first person camera though but the fact it's going to be an RPG rather than an FPS with light RPG mechanics is encouraging.

On 11/24/2020 at 9:37 PM, Neferata said:

All I noticed, reading comments on media, that even with all the information provided by CDPR in any materials shown, people are really dumb ?

On 11/25/2020 at 12:09 PM, FauxFurry said:

I've been trying to mod that into Morrowind for almost as long. This will save some time and effort since it will be built in this time around. 

No, I meant a game like Morrowind. Where combat isn't the be-all, end-all of quest solutions and there's real effort put into the lore, the NPCs, and the world itself.

I find it interesting they chose the date of 2077. I doubt this was by accident and is an obvious jab at Bethesda.

https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Great_War

Following this by the choice of Bethesda to make Fallout 76 doesn't make any sense to me. I get the year is 2102 and it's about Vault '76', but convenient numbers are convenient.

Regardless, who won't eventually buy Cyberpunk 'just because'? I do find it amusing Steam still has a Dec 9 availability date....

2 hours ago, jfraser said:

Do we even know if it will be moddable?

No, we don't know. For that matter, I'm not seeing a lot of agreement on what "moddable" actually means. TW3 is "moddable" in the sense that you could replace textures and skins or alter how certain things performed. But not "moddable" like Skyrim is. Not just here in this thread but in terms of what individuals off-site and especially what game studios mean when they use the term.

38 minutes ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

No, we don't know. For that matter, I'm not seeing a lot of agreement on what "moddable" actually means. TW3 is "moddable" in the sense that you could replace textures and skins or alter how certain things performed. But not "moddable" like Skyrim is. Not just here in this thread but in terms of what individuals off-site and especially what game studios mean when they use the term.

Exactly what I was thinking. I'm guessing it will be more like Witcher modding than Skyrim modding. A few surface changes, not full world changing.

15 hours ago, jfraser said:

Do we even know if it will be moddable?

Here is a copy paste 

Cyberpunk 2077: Mods Support

CD Projekt RED wants to support mods for Cyberpunk 2077, and may release modding tools for its next-gen RED Engine similar to what it did with Witcher 3’s Modkit.

Cyberpunk 2077 could get official mod support in 2020 on PC (and maybe, just maybe, next-gen consoles?) to breathe new life into the game far after release. CD Projekt RED hasn’t confirmed mods just yet, but at a recent gaming event in Warsaw, Poland they said it’s something they want to do.

Before we get too excited, remember that CDPR’s mod tools are usually quite limited. The Witcher 3’s modding toolset only allowed modders to adjust settings and features like HUD indicators, difficulty modes, and altering quests. There wasn’t any real direct way to add anything crazy.

This could change with Cyberpunk 2077’s mod support. Remember CDPR built Cyberpunk 2077 with a new enhanced RED Engine, which could’ve opened the doors to be more flexible with expanded features like mod support.

Anyway the game will be so popular there will be ways to mod it even if CDPR do jack shit.

I swear they're making this game with half an eye on stealing the adult modding community away from Bethesda & EA/Sims.

The character creator plus that photomode looks like it'd be ideal for adult mods, both for a player and for someone using the game to make something like a VN.