All things Cyberpunk 2077 General Thread

To be fair i don't hate CDPR, i don't think they are new gods of game industry like many think they are, i don't like some thing they did with CP2077 i also don't like with change in Witcher games.

But Deckers and Riggers was different in Shadowrun games, both had their own things, and riggers was fine with just his bots, yet here CDPR clearly didn't want to bother with that and make up argument how Techie and Netrunner are to similar and it would not be interesting, so they scrap Techie to crafting skill.

6 hours ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

Compared to the ongoing violence of the Far Left/anarchist groups in the US of A and the insane screeching of lame stream and sociopathic media, that's going to be a cake walk.

Fair enough. CyberPunk 2077 is looking increasingly as if it is an overly optimistic vision of the future at this point. 

On 10/16/2020 at 4:10 PM, FauxFurry said:

Fair enough. CyberPunk 2077 is looking increasingly as if it is an overly optimistic vision of the future at this point. 

At this rate, Soylent Green, Blade Runner, and 1984 are looking like prophecy rather than science fiction. I just wish Akira wasn't still looking like just science fiction. I'd love to be able to wreak havoc with just my mind.

• 2 weeks later...

Its the first case in game industry, if I remember, when a master disk goes golden in the print and company postpone the release again.
Interesting, if any dude from the print factory will leak to torrents the game, or CDPR stocks are gonna drop bcs of this issue to punish them ?   

This is funny, just pure greed from CDPR, we need to test 9 copies of the game for 9 platforms, who ask you to do 9 different platforms ?

If they push game for PC and PS4 and Xbox One like they plan all would be fine and they would be free to do next gen update, but no they had to rush PS5 and Xbox X and Stadia, like all people going to buy new consols right away or use Stadia.

Also PS5 and Xbox X are backward compatible, right? they would sell game in any case, even if is last gen version, they told us few months back that next gen upgrade coming later anyway.

But most funny is how blind fanboys still defend them and attack people who say this is BS.

21 hours ago, ToJKa said:

It better be damn near perfect on release with that many delays, though.

It had better be. This is insane.

As a follow-up to my previous post, if the delay is because they can't fill physical pre-orders then it's a bullshit reason. It's like delaying a game for PC because the company wants to wait for next-gen consoles to be released first. Get it out on the PC and start making money! Unless you're so worried it's going to fail that you don't want to give people a chance to cancel their pre-orders. This is the sort of behavior I'd expect from Bugthesda or the other "triple-A" gaming companies who release broken garbage that need day one patches because they just don't care.

Honestly, I'm thinking they ran into a game breaking bug (whether an actual game bug, or something caused by stadia, or consoles or all of the above) that prevented a release. It went gold, that means its pretty much finished. A sudden delay like that, it could be something as sinister as a bug that breaks hardware (whether console or PC). Or something that makes the main story broken, or a system ending crash style bug (which is pretty much breaks hardware). Could even be as simple (though they can be hard to fix) as a memory leak, which I have seen in triple A games get released with memory leaks.

It turn out like current gen are problem, and CDPR boss want game on all consoles at same time, but if current gen consols are really problem and game can't run well on them, and CDPR don't magicly get to fix them in this 3 weeks, what than ??? one more delay and if they don't get it to work again, delay game one more time till we get it to work ???

If they didn't get game to work well on this current gen after all this time, 3 more weeks probably not going to fix it.

1 hour ago, ToJKa said:

Aaaand death threats have been sent

<snip>

Urinalists lose their minds over everything about the game and try to drum up any negativity they can. Actual video game players lose their damn minds over things like "oh, we can't assign gender despite being able to build our character to look and sound however we want!" and "oh, there's no third-person view!" Why would we expect anything less? I'm just waiting for the urinalists to jump on this delay.

20 hours ago, Kargrin said:

When this issue is actually real and when its just used as a "shield"? Nowadays, its borderline crying wolf.

Perhaps, but what's one more 21 day delay going to do to their reputation at this point?

And what would getting caught on faking death threats do to their reputation?

I still have faith in the greater internet fuckwit theory :classic_happy:

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, ss4141 said:

It will be an adult RPG game as promised with full sex/nudity

Not sure how you interpreted "adult themes" as "full penetration in HD", but nothing of the sort is going to occur unless you consider a bouncing camera with tits in it full penetration. Marketing is not gameplay. Marketing will never be gameplay.

6 hours ago, 27X said:

Not sure how you interpreted "adult themes" as "full penetration in HD", but nothing of the sort is going to occur unless you consider a bouncing camera with tits in it full penetration. Marketing is not gameplay. Marketing will never be gameplay.

I dont understand a word lol. It will be adult rpg game. Some people looking adult/nude mods for normal games here. But you are saying marketing ect. I just was simply asking will be mods for the game?? lol...

There is no info about modding from the devs, neither anything concrete about nudity/sex besides word of mouth and adversiting.

Even the supposed boob slider was somehow debunked by a YTber that played one of the latest demos, it is an aureola slider instead

15 hours ago, Kargrin said:

There is no info about modding from the devs, neither anything concrete about nudity/sex besides word of mouth and adversiting.

Even the supposed boob slider was somehow debunked by a YTber that played one of the latest demos, it is an aureola slider instead

Exactly. We have nothing solid from CDPR about any of this. People need to show us some hard proof of anything being said or just don't post at all.