All things Cyberpunk 2077 General Thread

15 hours ago, Kargrin said:

Hold on.... is that shopped or you're playing as a twilek(and Darth Talon to boot)? Using a mod?

Mods: 

6 hours ago, Koca87 said:

[...] Here one more game with photo mode, and no one comment about it, and here CDPR do the same Photo Mode and people act like they just cure Aids and Cancer.

I think they've found a way to satisfy that subset of players that would install enhanced first-person weapon animation packs in Fallout rather than settle for the mediocre third-person animations - but who then also spend a lot of time customizing their character for manually posed screenshots. 

As one of those people, I'm thrilled. :)

:classic_laugh: The hacks at every urinalist rag are already whining about the game not being woke enough, CDPR not pandering to their sociopolitical messages, and failing miserably. "No gender pronouns!" "Not diverse enough!" "Not the representation I wanted!" "THIS GAME ISN'T WHAT I WANTED!!!"

When the likes of Kotaku and Polygon bitch about a game, you know it's good. Especially when it kicks their identity politics in the teeth.

So looks like OP was right sadly.

Ignoring the bugs

The world is 100% set dressing and not interactable. You can't even go to bars like they kept showing over and over in the trailers, cant interact with ANY food stands (I dont expect them all, but there ISNT ONE), cant interact with the world at all.

Shenmue had vastly more interaction than this game, and thats old. Heck GTA 5 has far more world interaction than this POS and that game world interaction is pretty limited. Fallout 3, NV and 4 and elder scrolls also have vastly more world interaction. This is one of the most uninteractive world static triple A "next-gen" open games I can recall tbh, and for 2020 thats pretty sad.

Stealth is also broken and that can't be fixed (not nearly as easy) like bugs

AI is also bad

Also copy/paste npcs everywhere. Lots of reports can be on one street and see multiple copies of same exact npc.

Very sad.

3 hours ago, Neferata said:

Ignoring the bugs

The world is 100% set dressing and not interactable. You can't even go to bars like they kept showing over and over in the trailers, cant interact with ANY food stands (I dont expect them all, but there ISNT ONE), cant interact with the world at all.

Shenmue had vastly more interaction than this game, and thats old. Heck GTA 5 has far more world interaction than this POS and that game world interaction is pretty limited. Fallout 3, NV and 4 and elder scrolls also have vastly more world interaction. This is one of the most uninteractive world static triple A "next-gen" open games I can recall tbh, and for 2020 thats pretty sad.

Stealth is also broken and that can't be fixed (not nearly as easy) like bugs

AI is also bad

Also copy/paste npcs everywhere. Lots of reports can be on one street and see multiple copies of same exact npc.

Very sad.

Game isn't out yet, how did you know all this, by watching July media's preview demo that flooded the internet nowadays ?  

30 minutes ago, RomeoZero said:

Game isn't out yet, how did you know all this, by watching July media's preview demo that flooded the internet nowadays ?  

there are gameplay videos out and professional reviews (not review bombers that go around review bombing every game) already

What the game is, is an AMAZING city and looks beautiful. but its just a set piece

Just read CP2077 EULA.... Well, by the logic CDPR boldly wrote in it, that in near future of digital or material product ownership by consumer for games (IP) is over.
In short - You buy a personal service (license) from the company, ignoring "a Sales Agreement " laws on the territory (country) of a consumer (what?), if company something dont like from your side, they suspend "their service" to you. Also they dont answer for quality of their product that is " licensed " to you (can fix it or ignore to their consent).And if you dont down with that they got 2 words for you - Polish Court. (Fly to Poland to defend your rights) Of course they wrote something about U.S and California specifically for that case in EULA. Very depressing future to own games\software, indeed.
Their Fan Content EULA is very cool though, we can make mods to the game and they welcome it (probably gonna support it by providing tools in the future), of course modders need to be careful and respectful with other game company IP.  

4 hours ago, Neferata said:

there are gameplay videos out and professional reviews (not review bombers that go around review bombing every game) already

What the game is, is an AMAZING city and looks beautiful. but its just a set piece

Looked at a review in my Ru game site - 9\10 , noted that this game gonna split game industry forever on games before and games after CP2077. Review was made on PC 4K RTX weeks before official patches, from gameplay mechanics all is nice except enemy AI in combat, for 2020 its very basic. The only -1 point out of 10 and its downfall was bugs and glitches. So when the patch hits it will be a superb game in its multi-genre. The most intrigue paragraph was about "dividing the game industry pre and post CP2077 release". Was that a hint that CDPR just beat Naughty Dog game direction quality  ?  

i am sure there some spots/gatherings/bars that u can interact with outside missions. i saw a guy approach a vendor on a street and buy some clothes... or start a killing spree and the npcs went crazy. yes overall the interactions with the npcs are probably limited... that must not be a bad thing. in skyrim u can indeed open every door, go to the most powerful jarl in the game as lvl1 char, go to their chambers and ask trivial questions in the middle of the night - its a total sandbox and comes at the cost of immersion.

overall i agree that its a bit disappointing that free roam does not allow u to go inside at least one club/bar in a world that the creators named "night city" (if thats really the case). there must be a easy fix for this tho... call some1 or start a radiant quest, something like that. soon we will find out for ourselves

18 hours ago, RomeoZero said:

Just read CP2077 EULA.... Well, by the logic CDPR boldly wrote in it, that in near future of digital or material product ownership by consumer for games (IP) is over.
In short - You buy a personal service (license) from the company, ignoring "a Sales Agreement " laws on the territory (country) of a consumer (what?), if company something dont like from your side, they suspend "their service" to you. Also they dont answer for quality of their product that is " licensed " to you (can fix it or ignore to their consent).And if you dont down with that they got 2 words for you - Polish Court. (Fly to Poland to defend your rights) Of course they wrote something about U.S and California specifically for that case in EULA. Very depressing future to own games\software, indeed.
Their Fan Content EULA is very cool though, we can make mods to the game and they welcome it (probably gonna support it by providing tools in the future), of course modders need to be careful and respectful with other game company IP.  

Considering they don't own the rights to the actual game, only the engine, and those rights are personally owned by Mike Pondsmith, umm no shit. This is protecting them legally when people start using the base engine for things other than this game.

23 hours ago, Neferata said:

Bullshit. Having played the game for two hours none of this is true, and you expecting Yakuza Neon Bra edition is entirely on you. Except for two quests food is not a thing in this game and again since it's not Yakuza, why would it be.

You can't ride up to every NPC in Witcher and get their life story so I have no idea why you expected that to be a thing here.

More importantly, you aren't main character in this game anyway, and never were going to be. You're the person literally grabbed up by other people's bullshit and century old fuckery and the entire thrust of the game is how quickly or cleanly (or not) you can get yourself out of the way of the four protagonists and their web of emotional garbage and age old grievances.

This isn't Skyrim; Jarl biggus dickus isn't waiting eternally perpetually on baited breath for megapenis mcdragonborn to tell him how to live and what to do, the world literally goes on without you and at MOST what you get is an opportunity to right a wrong, get two people who've been trying to get their shit straight for seventy years on the right track and get two other people who have the most dysfunctional relationship ever to either put up or shut up or get rid of them as pieces on Night City's board of political fuckery. That's it. That's all

You're a contract worker, you aren't the chosen one and the ending where you get angel wings and control Night Nation as an eternal god isn't a thing.

I also sincerely doubt you give the slightest fuck about what the janitor in Arisaka's parking garage thinks about the state of economy and the nature of the universe™.

You can dock points on the AI in combat, but as for nameless characters having equal depth to plot relevant vehicles, it was never a thing and no one ever said it would be, either.

On 12/7/2020 at 3:06 PM, Neferata said:

Ignoring the bugs

That sounds like Kelly Plagge's review from Gamespot, a urinalist from a urinalistic rag who admitted to barely playing the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5-_tem_7Jw

Just preordered it, 6 hours from release, out of the box looking dicey, but lets hope we can get more out of it, fingers crossed.

(quote from creator)

MATURE CONTENT DESCRIPTION

The developers describe the content like this:

This Game may contain content not appropriate for all ages, or may not be appropriate for viewing at work: Nudity or Sexual Content, General Mature Content

On 7/4/2020 at 8:20 AM, Mr. Otaku said:

I think there will be an attempt to push the game into 3rd person mode right off the bat. I mean, it only makes sense that a game with highly detailed character customization would come with 3rd person mode from the start, but since the developers didn't want to add it in the game (and i personally find their stated reason for it to be one of the most asinine shit ever), i believe people would be trying it themselves. Wouldn't work well no matter what though, it'll always feel wonky/floaty/glitchy as is the case with any 1st person game i know of that people tried to convert into 3rd person. That Kingdom Come game, Far Cry games, you name it. I read somewhere that it has to do with how the camera movement system is baked into the game.

Other than that, eh, who knows. I doubt it'll ever be as moddable as Skyrim. But it'll be interesting to see regardless. I'll only observe the scene for the first 4 years or so to get a really good idea of how's it gonna be as a whole lol.

LOL did you seriously complain and call them asinine for not putting third person in the game and then in the very next sentence say that it probably wouldn't work well at all anyway? You ever think maybe the devs felt the same way? Go ahead and build a game(in a giant city nonetheless) around the first person perspective and then go ahead and add third person to it. Then go ahead and try to navigate through hallways and rooms and shit without getting frustrated that you cant see shit because everything is too cramped. Now do the opposite and walk around in first person in a third person game and realize that everything feels too open and empty. There is a reason there are so many mods for Skyrim trying(ALL unsuccessful) to fix the third person camera and a reason so few games do both perspectives. I really don't think you've put any thought into being mad about this and you just want to complain like all the other sheep who like to talk instead of think.

On 7/4/2020 at 6:20 PM, Mr. Otaku said:

I think there will be an attempt to push the game into 3rd person mode right off the bat. I mean, it only makes sense that a game with highly detailed character customization would come with 3rd person mode from the start,

Just play a male character - in this case you'll have a chance of seeing a couple of boobs in the game (the ones on your female partner).,

;)

On 12/7/2020 at 7:44 PM, Ernest Lemmingway said:

:classic_laugh: The hacks at every urinalist rag are already whining about the game not being woke enough, CDPR not pandering to their sociopolitical messages, and failing miserably. "No gender pronouns!" "Not diverse enough!" "Not the representation I wanted!" "THIS GAME ISN'T WHAT I WANTED!!!"

When the likes of Kotaku and Polygon bitch about a game, you know it's good. Especially when it kicks their identity politics in the teeth.

Why anyone still reads anything Kotaku or Polygon puts out is a mystery to me.