All things Cyberpunk 2077 General Thread

Given that the game is far from what we were shown and promised, it'll be a long road to travel till we get what we'd need.

Not to mention that it would require the full RedKit for modding, not those shabby tools we got for Witcher 3.

Without said tools, regardless if we want it or not, there won't be modding beyond simple skins and that.

There is a modding-group that came up with something.. i believe it was called wolvesKit or something.

Pretty good modding tool for Witcher 3- But not complete. They already stated that they want to port that over so they can start Modding CP2077.

If they make that Public, that would be a start, yet this tool wouldn't offer as much as the "Real Deal" RedKit would.

Cd Project stated that they thought about Modding, yet it had no priority at launch and would then be pursued at a later point, likely.

If that happens, if we get the full modding support, this would be the holy grail.

If we only get what we got for WItcher3, even combined with the community Kit.. We would never be seeing mods that'd offer as much as Skyrim can offer.

Given that they stated that they will release a Multiplayer, developed as it's own project, possibly as a DLC..

Chances are not good that we will get the full Kit. Why?

They will either go for a Battle Royal kinda thing or the kind of MP GTA online offers.

Everything else would make no sense and it's already said that there, most likely, won't be CO-OP.

In either case, the Kit could be used for 'Cheating' and alas they would not release it.

(Same reason for why we didn't get the Kit for Witcher 3 because they planned on using the same engine for CP2077 and back then they were thinking about launching the Multiplayer-part at the same time as they'd launch the full game.. And because of the Multiplayer they couldn't release the Kit because of cheats..)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As already stated earlier, the game had a ... Rough start.

Tons of glitches, bugs, cut content and unfinished features.

Overall a lot of what we were hyped for, what we were looking for... Did dissapoint, because it's simply not there (Cut content) or specced down. 

Don't get me wrong, i'm really ... Loving is too much, honestly, i'm really into Cyberpunk, even with said flaws..

But i don't have much hope in regard of full mod-support.

They will patch some stuff themselves into the game.. I mean, come on, we can't change hairstyles?! Or anything else of our Looks?! Hello?!

And some other stuff will be, most likely, added with DLC like car-tuning and stuff like that.

But i'm pretty sure that's all what we'll get out of Cyberpunk.

I do hope that i am wrong, I do hope for full mod-support and the game i've been dreaming of for years..

I really do.

36 minutes ago, -Player1- said:

Given that the game is far from what we were shown and promised, it'll be a long road to travel till we get what we'd need.

Not to mention that it would require the full RedKit for modding, not those shabby tools we got for Witcher 3.

Without said tools, regardless if we want it or not, there won't be modding beyond simple skins and that.

There is a modding-group that came up with something.. i believe it was called wolvesKit or something.

Pretty good modding tool for Witcher 3- But not complete. They already stated that they want to port that over so they can start Modding CP2077.

If they make that Public, that would be a start, yet this tool wouldn't offer as much as the "Real Deal" RedKit would.

Cd Project stated that they thought about Modding, yet it had no priority at launch and would then be pursued at a later point, likely.

If that happens, if we get the full modding support, this would be the holy grail.

If we only get what we got for WItcher3, even combined with the community Kit.. We would never be seeing mods that'd offer as much as Skyrim can offer.

Given that they stated that they will release a Multiplayer, developed as it's own project, possibly as a DLC..

Chances are not good that we will get the full Kit. Why?

They will either go for a Battle Royal kinda thing or the kind of MP GTA online offers.

Everything else would make no sense and it's already said that there, most likely, won't be CO-OP.

In either case, the Kit could be used for 'Cheating' and alas they would not release it.

(Same reason for why we didn't get the Kit for Witcher 3 because they planned on using the same engine for CP2077 and back then they were thinking about launching the Multiplayer-part at the same time as they'd launch the full game.. And because of the Multiplayer they couldn't release the Kit because of cheats..)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As already stated earlier, the game had a ... Rough start.

Tons of glitches, bugs, cut content and unfinished features.

Overall a lot of what we were hyped for, what we were looking for... Did dissapoint, because it's simply not there (Cut content) or specced down. 

Don't get me wrong, i'm really ... Loving is too much, honestly, i'm really into Cyberpunk, even with said flaws..

But i don't have much hope in regard of full mod-support.

They will patch some stuff themselves into the game.. I mean, come on, we can't change hairstyles?! Or anything else of our Looks?! Hello?!

And some other stuff will be, most likely, added with DLC like car-tuning and stuff like that.

But i'm pretty sure that's all what we'll get out of Cyberpunk.

I do hope that i am wrong, I do hope for full mod-support and the game i've been dreaming of for years..

I really do.

Oh, I didn't know. :( Thank you for the write up!

45 minutes ago, 27X said:

wrong section and no.

I am sorry, which section is the correct one?

correct me if i am wrong here, but i believe cdpr told that they want to do a separate game along side cyberpunk that will have that multilayer. - this would actually favour the mod community. 

its interesting on what kind of impact cpdr want to have with this game, do they go the gta route with lots of online support and coop missions and stuff. or will they open their game up for modders and become the next skyrim...

in any case, i rate this game as 10/10 and i did not even finish it yet but at the same time i am going to stay away from anything pvp/multi player related. if i want that competitive gameplay i play counter strike or lol.

Apparently the whole point of the game is to make matrix dude some money because he keeps popping up like that old simpsons character/fake character some dog wearing a backwards hat (poochy was his name!) and oh the plot is to find some chip that grants immortality... really? live forever that is the main plot device of this game? A really good ghost in the shell game would have been 1000X better than this crap game. this buggy mess is trying to be GTA + GITS + underpants + ... equals profits. Most people I run into from the simple to the complex eventually end up talking about GTA or RDR2 or similar. Online money is soooo hard to ignore for these game devs now. I don't think there will be mods just more online crap to do every year like yet another unlockable tranny pride truck DLC probably comes with a bidet bumper sticker too.

Deus Ex games had some amount of class they were trying to pass on but this game is just kinda crap a bit shit. Make your choice between a foul mouthed female overwatch sombra lookalike main character or a kinda gay looking isaac clarke dead space male curious character then drive around with a giant oversized car on tiny streets most of the time and have dumb conversations in dark moody feelz rooms where the lighting is just bad enough to hide all the bugs in the graphics dept of the game. Oh yeah and this whole game is set in california in the future yeah ok.

On 12/11/2020 at 4:55 AM, HannyDesu said:

im not a modder, but when playing this game, i realized theres some stuff needed, and some really fun potential

needed:
-removing the underwear in the overworld
-being able to look down further to see more of your body

-body shape mods

but on the fun part, this game would work GREAT with some exhibitionistic shit like people hacking to your cyberstuff to cause you mishaps in the middle of the street
anything from forcing you to remove clothes, to forcing you to reach sexual climax or shiz
honestly, the hacking thingy got a lot of fun potential

I found that you can in fact look further down to see more of your body in "cutscenes" (e.g sitting in a chair), by changing the FOV.  The FOV itself does nothing, but it unlocks the camera to an actual proper perspective. This upset me way more than it should have. It even looks more natural. But I guess devs are still gonna treat you like a child after filling the game with nudity.

Of course the camera locks again after the pose/scene changes.

WTF is up with the patching of this game on Galaxy? Claims 585MB patch, which downloaded pretty much instantly, as it should, but the patching has taken 4 hours now with HDD use constantly at 100%.

Is it actually patching the files? Downloading only changed data and then modifying files? What kind of a monster would do that? We don't live in 56kbps times anymore! Well, outside of US, that is :trollface:

Resorted to just un- and reinstalling it.

Should have used Steam like a normal person.

Incidentally had to do the same with the first two patches for Baldur's Gate 3. The third one installed normally.

6 hours ago, Zor2k13 said:

Apparently the whole point of the game is to make matrix dude some money because he keeps popping up like that old simpsons character/fake character some dog wearing a backwards hat (poochy was his name!) and oh the plot is to find some chip that grants immortality... really? live forever that is the main plot device of this game? A really good ghost in the shell game would have been 1000X better than this crap game. this buggy mess is trying to be GTA + GITS + underpants + ... equals profits. Most people I run into from the simple to the complex eventually end up talking about GTA or RDR2 or similar. Online money is soooo hard to ignore for these game devs now. I don't think there will be mods just more online crap to do every year like yet another unlockable tranny pride truck DLC probably comes with a bidet bumper sticker too.

Deus Ex games had some amount of class they were trying to pass on but this game is just kinda crap a bit shit. Make your choice between a foul mouthed female overwatch sombra lookalike main character or a kinda gay looking isaac clarke dead space male curious character then drive around with a giant oversized car on tiny streets most of the time and have dumb conversations in dark moody feelz rooms where the lighting is just bad enough to hide all the bugs in the graphics dept of the game. Oh yeah and this whole game is set in california in the future yeah ok.

Max Headroom ALERT!  But you're right...Keanu Reeves was super annoying in his appearances in Cyberpunk 2077.  He's my Jar-Jar Binks and I want to blow his fucking head off.  Although the whole concept of a dual soul/personality with one of them trying to destroy my original personality in my character is an interesting twist.  But I don't want to see fucking Keanu in every other scene.

9 hours ago, ToJKa said:

WTF is up with the patching of this game on Galaxy? Claims 585MB patch, which downloaded pretty much instantly, as it should, but the patching has taken 4 hours now with HDD use constantly at 100%.

Is it actually patching the files? Downloading only changed data and then modifying files? What kind of a monster would do that? We don't live in 56kbps times anymore! Well, outside of US, that is :trollface:

Resorted to just un- and reinstalling it.

Should have used Steam like a normal person.

Incidentally had to do the same with the first two patches for Baldur's Gate 3. The third one installed normally.

Just turning off then re-activating Galaxy might have been enough. It still should not have been necessary. Can at least the installer/game manager be properly optimized? Is that too much to ask?

The game world uses euro bucks as currency lol, the devs actually thought that euros or the EU would still be around then hahahahahahah!!! in reality the euro is going digital next year so no more cash euros and of course both financially and politically the EU is failing big time their leaders are all flocking to klaus schwaub and his great reset idea for debt forgiveness. They could have been a bit more realistic and stuck to digital yuans or in some areas of murica juans lol. The climate change garbage is rich too what a load as a game statistic. Even the world of ghost in the shell came up with the idea of the Yes instead of the Yen which might have been a bit more realistic to think of back in the 90s.

5 hours ago, Zor2k13 said:

The game world uses euro bucks as currency lol, the devs actually thought that euros or the EU would still be around then hahahahahahah!!! in reality the euro is going digital next year so no more cash euros and of course both financially and politically the EU is failing big time their leaders are all flocking to klaus schwaub and his great reset idea for debt forgiveness. They could have been a bit more realistic and stuck to digital yuans or in some areas of murica juans lol. The climate change garbage is rich too what a load as a game statistic. Even the world of ghost in the shell came up with the idea of the Yes instead of the Yen which might have been a bit more realistic to think of back in the 90s.

They are not Euros, they are Euro(pean) Dollars, a form of currency that is a from a strictly alternative history as the continued existence of the Soviet Union in the 21st Century can already attest to. 

1 hour ago, FauxFurry said:

They are not Euros, they are Euro(pean) Dollars, a form of currency that is a from a strictly alternative history as the continued existence of the Soviet Union in the 21st Century can already attest to. 

Reformed, i think i heard? Which could be something Putin may actually do ?

Anyway, Nuyen from Shadowrun sounds better.

As for the game, that "sad scene" in the end of the first act was ruined by the game not removing the gun from his hand, causing some hilarious imagery :classic_laugh:

Good thing i'm also immune to that i-word thingy people keep talking about :classic_happy:

I almost want to say don't bother with clothes in the game since it seems there is a bug with clothes rendering or not rendering depending on point of view either while looking in the mirror at the apartment or sitting in the chair at the ripperdoc and getting the eye implants early on. For whatever reason pants just don't want to be rendered in this game, everything else usually renders but pants nope.

1 hour ago, ToJKa said:

Reformed, i think i heard? Which could be something Putin may actually do ?

Anyway, Nuyen from Shadowrun sounds better.

As for the game, that "sad scene" in the end of the first act was ruined by the game not removing the gun from his hand, causing some hilarious imagery :classic_laugh:

Good thing i'm also immune to that i-word thingy people keep talking about :classic_happy:

The scene was ruined for me by all of the death flags that he kept throwing up all over the place. He only could have been more doomed had he been 2 days from retirement.

Since T-Bug was the one who was planning on retiring, it seems that she covered them both (in death flags).

28 minutes ago, Zor2k13 said:

I almost want to say don't bother with clothes in the game since it seems there is a bug with clothes rendering or not rendering depending on point of view either while looking in the mirror at the apartment or sitting in the chair at the ripperdoc and getting the eye implants early on. For whatever reason pants just don't want to be rendered in this game, everything else usually renders but pants nope.

Others have the opposite problem of pants (including underpants) wishing to remain in contact with their wearer no matter what happens to them, be they unequipped, put in storage, sold or disassembled. It is like a glitch lottery that we all get to play, one which is covered by the cost of admission. 

Most of that is true but the bit that is not verified is whether or not one can have V be fully naked in public. It is speculated to be a glitch that prevents full frontal nudity in 1st person mode or in Photography Mode but it could be intentional so it may not be possible without exploiting a separate glitch (repeatedly removing and equipping pants can leave the lower body nude out of the menu screen) or a mod.