Fallout 76 announcement? (Bethesda Live Stream)

Reginald_001

6 hours ago, protocolk said:
Spoiler

Good news guys! I did extensive research before E3 using what Im learning In college as an information scientist (not computers, information as data, intel) And previewed many things about fallout 76 right from searching, some were only revealed in the interview with todd after the presentation and I have some great news!

LIKE ALWAYS TAKE THEM WITH A GRAIN OF SALT, MOST COMES FROM READING HUNDREDS OF PAGES, LOGS, ETC AND WHILE iM CERTAIN OF MOST FONTS I ANT SAY IT ABOUT ALL.

Aparently bethesda didnt go full dark side yet and since they know most of their "real fans" are pc users and modders they will keep free modding and focus on milking the new console fans instead.

Now the intel I gathered, pc players wont have to pay for their servers, they know people will find a way to bypass it si they wont try, console private servers may be paid with "security and company regulation ""IMPOSITION""" as an excuse.

The change in bethesda is nescessary, the game will be used to milk console players (the majority of players from fallout 4 and SSE play from consoles) for cash so Zenimax can leave BGS alone so its an nescessary evil.

There will be non CC mods for PC, console not confirmed, They arte counting with modders to fix their screw ups.

There wont be human npcs from beth, but they can be created In the modding tool ad they believe modders will do things like quests, and something like (Sim settlements for them)

if you write something like that, then you should prove that too!
People believe what you write, in particular the, who are obsessed with Bethesda!
Beth needs a kick so that they come to your senses again.

43 minutes ago, prinyo said:

Credit where credit is due -  V76 is a result of BGS actually listening to our feedback and fixing the problems in FO4 we were complaining about. 

Some examples:

1. Why do you sell mictotransactions in a SP game - fixed - the game is now MP

2. The dialogue options are bad - fixed - no more dialogue options

3. The settler's AI is a bit flaky - fixed - no more settlers

4. The factions are not fully fleshed out - fixed - no more factions

5. Preston is annoying - fixed - no more NPCs

6. The story is not so good - fixed - "make your own story"

That's not right, if they really listen then they would not build a new game again until the older games are fixed. turning the game multiplayer is not making it better they are still building this pyle of shit on an old engine so no thank you.

31 minutes ago, D_ManXX2 said:

That's not right, if they really listen then they would not build a new game again until the older games are fixed. turning the game multiplayer is not making it better they are still building this pyle of shit on an old engine so no thank you.

Assuming they are using the old engine...…..

3 hours ago, winny257 said:

if you write something like that, then you should prove that too!
People believe what you write, in particular the, who are obsessed with Bethesda!
Beth needs a kick so that they come to your senses again.

What you want me to do to, prove? I dont have the game, also I put a warning to take with a grain of salt.

but lets go, Ive been doing research from several fnts on the internet, comparing them and analizing them, I DONT HAVE AN INSIDE SOURCE, Its rsearch and digging troght lots of text and documents, interviews etc.

Todd howard was interviewed after the presentation and personally confirmed:

private servers

modding will continue but only trough the private servers

they still support free mods

mods and servers will come later,  because they still neeed to stablize the online part

there wont be human npcs

About the engine. I think FO76 will only benefit from been as close to FO4 as possible. If they do indeed introduce moddable private servers at some point I do not expect there will be many new mods created for it. It would benefit from FO4 mods been compatible. And it would be a pure sandbox modding experience - fill the world with waifus and explore, fight, loot, f*ck and so on without Prestons and Shauns in your face. 

My plan at the moment is to wait for the private servers, see what the situation with the modding will be and then maybe buy it at 50% off as that would be a more fair price for a SP shell of an MP game. 

4 minutes ago, prinyo said:

About the engine. I think FO76 will only benefit from been as close to FO4 as possible. If they do indeed introduce moddable private servers at some point I do not expect there will be many new mods created for it. It would benefit from FO4 mods been compatible. And it would be a pure sandbox modding experience - fill the world with waifus and explore, fight, loot, f*ck and so on without Prestons and Shauns in your face. 

My plan at the moment is to wait for the private servers, see what the situation with the modding will be and then maybe buy it at 50% off as that would be a more fair price for a SP shell of an MP game. 

I will only be satisfied when someone mods Shaun into the Virginia Wasteland. 

2 hours ago, prinyo said:

I do imagine a Sexout modded server, where players can come together to have sex/rapeplay..whatevs... :D

I mean.. I'd play that if the Nukes were taken out and killing was impossible. The taunting/posing/dialogue system looks like it has possibilities for sex anims/poses.

Sure I can see an MP aspect there. Player A forces a particular pose, which has a particular influence on other players, perhaps forcing them to do things if they fall under the love spell of Player A... enslavement through attraction. Of course they can up their resistance stats, so could potentially take control if they have enough resistance... turn the tables around and enslave Player A. :)

I see a lot of potential for mods on private servers, especially if a community comes together to rent cheap cloud based servers at Amazon or MS, or whatevs.

"Mods through a Service"

Most likely either Creation crap and/or Beth.net

That means  

No NSFW mods, no nude body replacers, No skin textures, sensual animations, super revealing outfits

Script extender + those mods

I hope to god I'm wrong and they let us edit the data folder with our own stuff/replacers and still play in private worlds

but

with No npcs ... especially enemy raiders

I don't think I will have any interest in a game like that.

Yeah I just watched that interview. Future "service" to play on your own private server with mods, a "service" implies you'd have to rent server space to be completely alone.

Even if you could play solo on your own server it won't be much of a single-player experience, still no human NPCs, quests will still given by robots or holotapes and probably all be radiant-style quests.

Fallout 76 solo will be the theme-park-walking-simulator BGS games, especially their Fallout, tend to be mocked for.

12 hours ago, nightwing100 said:

I don't know? Maybe someone can make bots for it?

it's very very VERY unlikely I know but I don't want to underestimate our modding community just yet.

I think it would be more easy to just port the map and models of Fallout 76 to Fallout 4 than try to do mods in Fallout 76. If this is posible and it works would be posible to create a real new story and a real Fallout, but I don't think this will be easy.

But the best thing I think we can do is just forget everything about Fallout 76, let's continue playing and enjoying our classics Fallouts, Fallout 3, NV and 4.

Note: This is mainly a "what if" discussion. Modding has been confirmed, albeit after the release but doesn't seem to be any other info on whether this will be only paid mods or if mods from sites such as this will be able to be installed.

With Fallout 76 recently announced and details shared I was wondering if any of the modders here thought about creating sex mods for it (if able to) and what problems you think there could be?

The game being multiplayer on servers could be a problem due to the fact you need 2+ players to interact with the mod.

If it was possible it could be a cool added extra mod, maybe rape mods where you could capture another player and have your way with them, 3somes, gangbangs etc it would be interesting to say the least.

What cool features would you like to see if this was all allowed?

As a modder would this kind of thing even be possible?

Discuss.

1 hour ago, OPdelta said:

I think it would be more easy to just port the map and models of Fallout 76 to Fallout 4 than try to do mods in Fallout 76. If this is posible and it works would be posible to create a real new story and a real Fallout, but I don't think this will be easy.

But the best thing I think we can do is just forget everything about Fallout 76, let's continue playing and enjoying our classics Fallouts, Fallout 3, NV and 4.

You know I was thinking BGS should at least trying to use Fallout 76 new assets to make a new DLC for Fallout 4, let us travel to a small part of west Virginia and went a few small quest here and there.

Here's a 40 minute documentary with all their lead devs talking about the game and different mechanics.

Modders might be interested to know that there's quite a lot of footage captured from within their updated CK. After having listened to the other, shorter E3 interview with Todd Howard, I'm pretty sure we'll be able to mod the shit out of this game. People were concerned about them talking about some sort of 'service', but if you listen closely to the interview, it seems to me that by 'service' Todd is actually referring to the servers and networking services - not a paid-mod-distribution service. I might be wrong about all of this, but this video will still be interesting to most of you. Have a good day.

So it's fallout 4 with some conan exiles mixed in...multiplayer survival online game...I think I'll pass...I already am playing other MMORPGs and I'm not comfortable with this Fallout which I regard as one of the beacons in single player experiences...well don't let me ruin your expectations for the game though...I'll still watch videos of other people playing it and having fun...hope Beth doesn't go too overboard with the microtransactions though... ah the bane of being antisocial...

I wonder how the modding aspect will go for this game since it's an online only title...I reckon Creation Crap (Club) will finally make a prominent and mandatory role if you want 76 to have some mods...because you know Todd and co. is protecting their games against ADULT mods, third party programs and viruses...can't have naked people running around or screwing each other's eye-sockets off in plain view of 20+ other people do we? lol...

54 minutes ago, arpaschad said:

So it's fallout 4 with some conan exiles mixed in...multiplayer survival online game...I think I'll pass...I already am playing other MMORPGs and I'm not comfortable with this Fallout which I regard as one of the beacons in single player experiences...well don't let me ruin your expectations for the game though...I'll still watch videos of other people playing it and having fun...hope Beth doesn't go too overboard with the microtransactions though... ah the bane of being antisocial...

I wonder how the modding aspect will go for this game since it's an online only title...I reckon Creation Crap (Club) will finally make a prominent and mandatory role if you want 76 to have some mods...because you know Todd and co. is protecting their games against ADULT mods, third party programs and viruses...can't have naked people running around or screwing each other's eye-sockets off in plain view of 20+ other people do we? lol...

Someone should tell Beth that in 1950 in the us they already had amazing lingerie... before they make their usual vanilla pancakes & friar friendly A cup size of visual castration with medieval undergarments. 

More seriously, I think it's gonna fail or worse, harm the franchise to the point of burrying it.

1. Online FPS crowds means honorless 1v8 gankers & corpse/respawn point campers, hackers, kids yelling in their mic, etc. "You can play Solo" my ass...

2. 3 years working on it ? And the map is supposedly 4 times bigger than Fallout 4 ? I expect a barren map or/& over-recycled locations

3. CC uninspired mods incoming, 1$ Brown & Grey PA recolors, 5$ reskinned/recolored guns CSGO style

4. No story, no lore, no npcs ? and it's supposed to be a prequel of a 20 years lore-heavy franchise.

5. Sounds like a Rust clone gameplay wise, from the few infos we got

6. Same underwhelming good ol gamebryo

To me the whole thing sounds like Bethesda trying to catch the CSGO/PubG/Microtransactions train

I don't think that they will enforce Creation Club usage. My prediction (I know I sound crazy) is that about 3 months after launch, they'll release the CK and server software. They confirmed that private servers will be a thing and they are painfully aware of how important the modding community is for them. My take on the Creation Club was always that it's a tool designed to bring mods to console - nothing more, nothing less. All the fear that CC would be required and the only way to mod the game was false back then and I still believe it's false now, even though the risk for mandatory-CC happening is higher for an online-only title.

However, I've been following basically all interviews with Bethesda people since like forever, since obviously I'm quite invested in their games, and they show high amounts of appreciation for the modding community in general. Obviously they try to keep the adult mods off the front pages, but let's be real here: they've not actually made any effort to get any of what we're doing here shut down. So stop panicking everyone.

1 hour ago, JujuVolikhar said:

Someone should tell Beth that in 1950 in the us they already had amazing lingerie... before they make their usual vanilla pancakes & friar friendly A cup size of visual castration with medieval undergarments. 

More seriously, I think it's gonna fail or worse, harm the franchise to the point of burrying it.

1. Online FPS crowds means honorless 1v8 gankers & corpse/respawn point campers, hackers, kids yelling in their mic, etc. "You can play Solo" my ass...

2. 3 years working on it ? And the map is supposedly 4 times bigger than Fallout 4 ? I expect a barren map or/& over-recycled locations

3. CC uninspired mods incoming, 1$ Brown & Grey PA recolors, 5$ reskinned/recolored guns CSGO style

4. No story, no lore, no npcs ? and it's supposed to be a prequel of a 20 years lore-heavy franchise.

5. Sounds like a Rust clone gameplay wise, from the few infos we got

6. Same underwhelming good ol gamebryo

To me the whole thing sounds like Bethesda trying to catch the CSGO/PubG/Microtransactions train

Right, so this is the sort of fearmongering that I despise.

1. They confirmed an involved and not yet finished PvP system with the explicit purpose of avoiding exactly what you're describing.

2. Their studio has grown to almost double the size since they started developing Fallout 4 - with the engine (-net code) in place, much less time is being soaked by backend work and more time, and generally way more people due to the new hires, are available for level design. By the way, the biggest chunk of new coding (net code) is done by a separate studio under ZeniMax that wasn't at all involved with the Fallout games before, so all the crack people from Beth are focusing on level/quest design and don't even need to bother with the large engine changes that 'going online' entails.

3. Maybe. Maybe not.

4. Where the fuck did you get that information? Fallout 76 is going to have a story as all their previous games have. Literally the only difference is that Fallout 76 will not have human NPCs, but will indeed have humanoid NPCs (new faction 'The Scorched': basically ghouls) and robots, terminals, etc. They even talk about how moving the quest system to be character-bound instead of quest-bound (in technical terms, eg where the information is stored) was one of the biggest issues for them and took them a long time to solve. So please, inform yourself before you spread 'information' that's simply false. Fallout 76 will have quests and will have lore.

5. Really now?

6. I hope you're aware that the only reason for the modding community to even exist is the fact that while they are developing their engine, they are keeping the basic stuff in place. If they suddenly changed to an entirely new engine, you'd have nowhere near the sort of mods we have. Just look at the Witcher franchise. Sure, there's mods, but by no means is there the diversity that we have for Bethesda's games, because for Beth games us modders have been honing our work-flow since Morrowind and we understand the engine and with each new iteration of the engine many things get improved but we still know our way around the systems. Many, many modders aren't actually working in programming, let alone game design, so when you're asking for an entirely new engine, you better be prepared to spend the next 3 years learning how to operate an entirely new set of dev tools and so forth, because I guarantee you that most of us won't have the time to do that.

And micro-transactions? Sure, it's been confirmed by the Todd himself, but it's also be confirmed that it's purely cosmetics and that not a single thing will be micro-transactions-only. You will be able to get every single piece of cosmetic gear through gameplay. And yes, that's in the interview I posted above.

To put it in a nutshell: I, too, am highly sceptical about Fallout 76 and I, too, would've preferred if the next big game would have been another singleplayer game like the ones we know and love - but the least we can do is give them a fair shot at this. And what we absolutely shouldn't do is shitpost and make it seem like it's worse than it actually is. Just move away from looking at this game like it's Fallout 5 - it isn't. I'm fairly confident that we will be able to, in due time, get adult content into Fallout 76, with a twist: it's going to be online. And while that is an entirely different thing, one that I have no experience with at all, I'm going to see how it turns out.

/rant

Archived