I think I have seen people mentioning that they have run into this issue but I haven’t seen a fix...

Why does the toll collector go through a long-ass loop of “Hold on a second princess, let me check your licenses” when I enter cities?  It seems to vary from city to city and even instance to instance but in some cases it lasts a minute or two and even has crashed my game!  I assume a lot of different scripts and mods are all loading when you enter a city but is there a way to mitigate the damage here?

1 hour ago, setokiaba said:

I think I have seen people mentioning that they have run into this issue but I haven’t seen a fix...

Why does the toll collector go through a long-ass loop of “Hold on a second princess, let me check your licenses” when I enter cities?  It seems to vary from city to city and even instance to instance but in some cases it lasts a minute or two and even has crashed my game!  I assume a lot of different scripts and mods are all loading when you enter a city but is there a way to mitigate the damage here?

MM1 can probably confirm or deny, but I think it just replays it if it is not finished looking through your stuff when you try and click out of it.

Sometimes it takes longer to look through all your stuff. I have found that spam clicking it seems like it makes it take longer.

So there is not really a "fix" for it, it's just the way it is.

1 hour ago, Corsayr said:

MM1 can probably confirm or deny, but I think it just replays it if it is not finished looking through your stuff when you try and click out of it.

Sometimes it takes longer to look through all your stuff. I have found that spam clicking it seems like it makes it take longer.

So there is not really a "fix" for it, it's just the way it is.

If thats the case, would a leaner inventory help?  I am playing a mage using Apocalypse, so I already use the “Deep Storage” spell for some stuff; I can always be more diligent in storing items away.

35 minutes ago, setokiaba said:

If thats the case, would a leaner inventory help?  I am playing a mage using Apocalypse, so I already use the “Deep Storage” spell for some stuff; I can always be more diligent in storing items away.

That would mostly be an MM1 question, but less stuff to look through should reduce the time needed to look.

Are you getting really long pauses? 

Small oddity... Walk into Riverwood with Bikini license (and no armor license). Quickly forge TAWOBA bikini armor and equip. When bump into Enforcer a few minutes later, get the you shouldn't be wearing armor / lighten your load dialog.

Nothing actually happens as result of dialog.

Small inconvenience but wanted to report.

4 hours ago, ck2modfan said:

Small oddity... Walk into Riverwood with Bikini license (and no armor license). Quickly forge TAWOBA bikini armor and equip. When bump into Enforcer a few minutes later, get the you shouldn't be wearing armor / lighten your load dialog.

Nothing actually happens as result of dialog.

Small inconvenience but wanted to report.

It might simply be a timing thing. If the check was fired before you hid stuff outside town or you picked something up and put it back. The script doesn't check at this point that you're in the clear. 

5 hours ago, setokiaba said:

Factors would be: 

1. Your specs obviously. 

2. Your inventory size, yes. But I would point out that using magic remote storage is pretty much cheating but that's up to you ofc. 

3. The number of licences you have. The check actually becomes longer the more licecnes you have as the number of passed items increases. A single fail will be enough to stop the check. 

4. Papyrus VM utilization. This is probably always going to be high as trying to do something just as you load into a city is probably the worst time to do anything really. It might be worth waiting a fraction of a second after loading into town and quickly create a save (quicksave because otherwise scripts would have extra time to complete while in menu) and check the save in Falrim tools to see exactly what is 'active scripts' are running and if there's any mod spamming script instances which might hold up the check for long periods. 

The script is perfectly functional but it does iterate several times over your inventory in stages. So it's not as efficient as it could be. I've been meaning to change that to a single iteration which I think would be a good bit faster but haven't gotten around to it yet. 

5 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

It might simply be a timing thing. If the check was fired before you hid stuff outside town or you picked something up and put it back. The script doesn't check at this point that you're in the clear. 

Factors would be: 

1. Your specs obviously. 

2. Your inventory size, yes. But I would point out that using magic remote storage is pretty much cheating but that's up to you ofc. 

3. The number of licences you have. The check actually becomes longer the more licecnes you have as the number of passed items increases. A single fail will be enough to stop the check. 

4. Papyrus VM utilization. This is probably always going to be high as trying to do something just as you load into a city is probably the worst time to do anything really. It might be worth waiting a fraction of a second after loading into town and quickly create a save (quicksave because otherwise scripts would have extra time to complete while in menu) and check the save in Falrim tools to see exactly what is 'active scripts' are running and if there's any mod spamming script instances which might hold up the check for long periods. 

The script is perfectly functional but it does iterate several times over your inventory in stages. So it's not as efficient as it could be. I've been meaning to change that to a single iteration which I think would be a good bit faster but haven't gotten around to it yet. 

ever though of having it already do a check(i.e. pick up a sword breaking licences play force greet on city) so when you get into the city itll just say let me check you "insert ect" other than wait a moment, you should be able to do it by key words like weapon armor magic only time it be broken is if it have bad tags 

1 hour ago, A_guy_with_the_plan said:

ever though of having it already do a check(i.e. pick up a sword breaking licences play force greet on city) so when you get into the city itll just say let me check you "insert ect" other than wait a moment, you should be able to do it by key words like weapon armor magic only time it be broken is if it have bad tags 

As discussed previously, Always on, unfiltered OnItemAdded/Removed is generally undesirable. It can lead to massive spikes in script instances whenever you take/send items in/out of your inventory. Large amount of script instances = stack dumps = events not processed = data lost or corrupted or other undesirable behavior like increased script latency and high script engine utilization. 

Single iteration is a better compromise I think. 

5 hours ago, Amok0Nata said:

Character can't sleep or sit when he with amputated hands. It's a bug on my side?

Normal. Furniture is forbidden while both your hands are chopped off. This is to stop you using crafting furniture. Obviously, not allowing beds/chairs is an unwanted side effect. 

I'll have to add a keyword to crafting furniture and forbid that instead. Side effect of this is that it won't work with mod added crafting furniture without the user adding the keyword. You can't win. 

@Monoman1, @Corsayr recommended I cross-post here from the SSE thread. 

I have encountered an issue with the trauma system that I have not been able to fix with the usual process (for example, the reset button in the MCM has no effect). It appears that NPCs who use the player character as a template, such as the Doppelganger from "Troubles of Heroine" or perhaps the player's twin sister in "Huan's Adventure", eventually develop purple skin and cannot be reset with the MCM. You can see an example in the screen shot below.

Please let me know if there are any workaround I can try... otherwise, I'll just leave my poor doppelganger to stew in the basement for now and hope that you'll be able to find a solution in future versions.

Thank you for all your hard work in developing this mod! 

ScreenShot23.png

9 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

Yeah I know it is technically cheating.  My rationale (for anyone curious) is that I just use it for things that are excess weight.  I am a mage and I don’t currently have a home, so it is basically a substitute for house storage.  Clothes and magical items (basically the two licenses I use) stay on me.  As do weapons, which I never have a license for.  It makes it challenging to me, trying to sell them without being caught; I only put them in storage if weight is really an issue.  So given those rules I impose on myself, I don’t feel like I am cheating the system.  In fact, fucking town enforcers are the bane of my existence, constantly confiscating my stuff right before I can sell them :) 

10 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

I’ll do some investigating and see what I can find.  Even though I don’t really use fast travel, for a lot of cities, when I am outside of the gates, I’ll fast-travel to a location inside the city that is not near a gate (ie Dragonsreach) to let the other city scripts do their thing.  Then I beeline to the enforcer at the gate to get checks.  It’s obviously an honor system thing but at least it doesn’t crash my game :D 

1 hour ago, gregaaz said:

I have encountered an issue with the trauma system that I have not been able to fix with the usual process (for example, the reset button in the MCM has no effect). It appears that NPCs who use the player character as a template, such as the Doppelganger from "Troubles of Heroine" or perhaps the player's twin sister in "Huan's Adventure", eventually develop purple skin and cannot be reset with the MCM. You can see an example in the screen shot below.

This happens due to a missing texture being applied through RaceMenu overlays. Since the Doppelganger seems to use your own character model as a template, the best solution - besides disabling trauma system entirely - seems to go to RaceMenu on your PC, find the body overlay with the missing texture (it won't even have a name iirc) and remove it, then re-apply it to your doppelganger (idk if your mod does this or you would need LazyEdit or some other mod that allow you to edit NPC overlays in-game).

2 hours ago, Vaccinated Alligator said:

This happens due to a missing texture being applied through RaceMenu overlays. Since the Doppelganger seems to use your own character model as a template, the best solution - besides disabling trauma system entirely - seems to go to RaceMenu on your PC, find the body overlay with the missing texture (it won't even have a name iirc) and remove it, then re-apply it to your doppelganger (idk if your mod does this or you would need LazyEdit or some other mod that allow you to edit NPC overlays in-game).

A quick look through RaceMenu doesn't reveal any body overlays remaining (I reset the texture db recently in an effort to cure the purple skin), so it sounds like I'll need to check out LazyEdit and see if I can edit the Doppelganger directly. Thanks for pointing me in this direction.

5 hours ago, gregaaz said:

I have the same issue, but not only with a doppelganger, but with all NPC.

Usually all trauma effects show up correctly, so my guess it that at least one trauma overlay is bugged.

I just have no idea how to find out which one is the defect one ?‍♂️

The issue with a missing trauma overlay exists since Trauma got added to SLS.

8 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

I'll have to add a keyword to crafting furniture and forbid that instead. Side effect of this is that it won't work with mod added crafting furniture without the user adding the keyword. You can't win. 

Don't do that, with all the horrible conflicts and conflict resolution it will entail.

Instead apply a modifier to the crafting skills impacted so it's reduced to skill 0.

-250 should do it.

Spoiler

And if it's not enough, well let's just believe that a character with such huge skills in crafting can do it with their teeth/feet/prehensile tail/super-strong eyelids or something rather than touching something as hazardous as crafting station records.

This will make the player back out of crafting furniture as soon as they enter it.

1 minute ago, Cthugha99 said:

got skse 1.07.03 and PapyrusUtil v3.3 installed still getting a Papyrus out of date error, started a new to see if that fixed it, nope still there

Go into the sexlab mod folder SexLabFrameworkSE\SKSE\Plugins folder (Or just SexLabFrameWorks\SKSE\Plugins if you are on LE) and delete the file PapyrusUtil.dll from that folder

Then try it again

13 hours ago, setokiaba said:

I’ll do some investigating and see what I can find.  Even though I don’t really use fast travel, for a lot of cities, when I am outside of the gates, I’ll fast-travel to a location inside the city that is not near a gate (ie Dragonsreach) to let the other city scripts do their thing.  Then I beeline to the enforcer at the gate to get checks.  It’s obviously an honor system thing but at least it doesn’t crash my game

Side point: If you have a lot of Npcs it can really bring down performance IMO. I used to love the populated skyrim mods but had to dump it to bring up performance. It's not a direct problem of the populated series but trying to have all those npcs on top of all the other mods I use wasn't working well. 

If you see npcs standing about doing nothing it either means:

A) They were never assigned an AI package. Unlikely but possible. 

B) bad nav meshes - annoying. 

C) the npc handler is at the limit of what it can handle = pretty bad.

8 hours ago, setokiaba said:

Enforcers in towns have stop...stopping me.  I have no idea when this began, sadly.  Could have been a while ago.  Any common reasons/fixes for this? (Sorry for being so vague, I literally don’t know what is happening)

Check your licence status in the stats menu. HasValidXlicences. If it doesn't match try wheel->Misc->Debug->Refresh licence status. 

You may also need to change location entirely. 

9 hours ago, donttouchmethere said:

SL survival 0.635 (update on a running game):

The Ahageo MCM option can't be deactivated (SLSO not installed).

Even if Ahageo is deactivated it shows after any kind of sexy times.

I'll take a look. Ahegao shouldn't be on without SLSO. Feature doesn't make much sense without SLSO. 

9 hours ago, donttouchmethere said:

The issue with a missing trauma overlay exists since Trauma got added to SLS.

This only happens with Npcs? Not the player? 

14 hours ago, gregaaz said:

Please let me know if there are any workaround I can try... otherwise, I'll just leave my poor doppelganger to stew in the basement for now and hope that you'll be able to find a solution in future versions.

And it's only this one Npc? Funny. 

I would not have thought having the same base would be a problem. Many npcs share the same base and overlays should be applied to the object instance not the base. 

In your case I'm not fully convinced it's trauma. I don't know enough about the doppleganger to have a strong opinion either way. 

Since I don't know where the problem originates the best I can do for right now is add code to the wheel debug menu to list overlays on Npcs and clear any selection you click on. 

Was this dopplerganger in combat? 

Was she raped? 

Any idea what triggered smurfing?

@donttouchmethere & @gregaaz

I added code in the previous version to throttle traumas. Did this issue occur before updating to 0.635? 

This issue is difficult to pin down because I have, largely, been unable to recreate it. I've only ever gotten it for the player and that was while being whipped to oblivion by half of whiterun. 

8 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

This will make the player back out of crafting furniture as soon as they enter it.

That may be a better approach. Though it would need a magic effect description as it won't be obvious (though it probably should be) where all your crafting skill has gone. 

6 minutes ago, Monoman1 said:

Though it would need a magic effect description as it won't be obvious (though it probably should be) where all your crafting skill has gone. 

I'm imagining the complaint on the forum now.

Player: "My character can't craft anything. I can't use a forge, or alchemy table, or disenchant anything. Why Monoman? Why?"

Monoman: "Does your character have any arms?"

Player: "No. But I need to craft prosthetics!"

Monoman: "How will your character craft them with no arms?"

Player: "This is very inconvenient. Please fix!"

19 minutes ago, Monoman1 said:

This only happens with Npcs? Not the player? 

It happens to anyone effected by Trauma.

I used to allow up to 10 trauma/actor

Those show up correctly, but in rare cases one trauma overlay gets added without any texture.

The pink trauma texture even changes color saturation over time, like any working trauma overlay.

It also vanishes after 48 hours

I reduced overlays to 5 and lower to reduce the chance the pink texture gets added^^

If I set it to 1 trauma/actor I see all the working overlays, but sometimes PC or any other NPC has a chance to catch the pink version.

19 minutes ago, Monoman1 said:

I added code in the previous version to throttle traumas. Did this issue occur before updating to 0.635? 

Yes, I can see the pink effect since you added trauma to SLS.

Actually I updated in the hope that was fixed (I couldn't be the only one seeing that, still I thought it might be an install error).

So basically trauma overlays show up correctly on PC and follower and any NPC.

Only one is pink (missing texture).

Because the pink texture vanishes like any good trauma overlay after a while (or if it gets overwritten by another trauma if too many trauma are shown on one actor and the oldest trauma gets overwritten) my uneducated conclusion is that just one trauma overlay is missing it's texture.

(or more ppl would complain ^^)