7 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

I'd rather the mechanism was more universal

Absolutely! Since I haven't examined survival I'm in no position to comment on how this might be achieved but a generic solution to additional containers (or which BC is one) would be the ideal approach.

7 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

does this mod not create a bit of a loophole? Why not just leave your backpack outside town before coming in?

It does although the stash theft system will apply and leaving them in a nearby barrel for a day or so has the same effect.

I think the whole question of loopholes  in the context of LL mods is worth thinking about. When I first started modding I used to lock MCM controls etc. to stop players "cheating" but personally I've come to the conclusion that if a player wants to bypass a system in that way it's up to them. After all it's only their own experience they are affecting.

For that reason I moved away from that approach and FMEA and the SW Addicted addon don't contain any locks or other anti-cheat provisions, folks can play them in any style they want. 

Interesting point to debate though.

7 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

How do most people start off with SLS, when you can't use magic, or weapons, or armor, and you have enemies that can one-shot you even if you have all those things? How do they afford a license? I'd be interested to hear, as it would make give clues on how to improve SLS and possibly DF for everyone.

usual start goes like:

set MCM in as-lal cell (load DFC and SLS settings right after start)

coin flip where heads = AS-LAL random start, tails = CCAS random start 

(reload and use other if start force starts a either or questline or is impossilbe to complete)

see where i landed

load DFC and SLS MCM settings

work on getting out of trouble if start is very bad (example major bounty in all holds and locked in full set of DD)

scavenge, pick ingredients to make potions, run into towns to sell down stuff (avoid walled cities) until i can afford a single license.

pick up a follower on way to first city visit (if i have not had one forced on me yet)

visit city (usually Whiterun)

continue forward

one of the harder starts i had was being a "dog trainer" from CCAS 

had to "train the dogs" in Understone Keep (inside Markarth) just to be able to leave the keep.

had a total of 1 green apple, 1 mead, 2 gold, and roughspun tunic in total gear

then walk outside and get slapped in the magic collar, and get force assigned a follower.

ouch, was interesting that i had to spend 4 days whoring just to get out of town (and still had follower and debt was climbing quickly) and that was after

looting the "vacant house" by starting the House of Horrors daedric quest.

6 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

I agree with this too, up to a point. If the bad ends are too easily triggered, and aren't just a more fun way of saying "this has gone too far, it can't be recovered, my game is already over" then it's probably a pain.

But using bad ends to tie off an already failed game in a fun way, and let you reset without having to start from complete scratch could be interesting.

However, I think having "bad ends" without properly controlling the scenarios where they arise is doomed to fail.

agree totally 

3 hours ago, xtremeGoose said:

Finished a patch to add basic EatingSleepingDrinking support. Seems to work, but I haven't exhaustively tested it. There's an invert ModFatigue change to _SLS_DrugFatigueInc that should be reviewed more closely.

xtremeGoose, I'm currently playing with ESD, so I'm interested - but I don't know which of your patch files does what.  Is one the ESD support, the other related to fatigue?  I haven't actually noticed a problem with fatigue - what is the symptom?

I've been using iNeed in parallel with ESD - ESD for animations and also for the better choices of which food item to hotkey-eat compared to iNeed, while iNeed tracks the actual needs (to maintain SLS compatibility!).  ESD also has an unexpected and useful worn-slot tracker that's been helpful many times.

37 minutes ago, legraf said:

xtremeGoose, I'm currently playing with ESD, so I'm interested - but I don't know which of your patch files does what.  Is one the ESD support, the other related to fatigue?  I haven't actually noticed a problem with fatigue - what is the symptom?

I've been using iNeed in parallel with ESD - ESD for animations and also for the better choices of which food item to hotkey-eat compared to iNeed, while iNeed tracks the actual needs (to maintain SLS compatibility!).  ESD also has an unexpected and useful worn-slot tracker that's been helpful many times.

The first one was just the build of SLS I was originally working on, while the 583 patch is a merge against the last SLS release (i.e. 583). SLS modifies how sleep works a bit and has some features for hunger/thirst/drugs/etc, that worked against iNeed or RND, but not ESD. The patch adds support for ESD.

Also, the patch was never meant as a maintainable separate thing you install over SLS, but rather for Monoman if he wants to include ESD support at some point, hence why it's source files instead of compiled scripts. This WILL break your save going forward to the next SLS release since it uses the same version upgrade numbers as SLS.

9 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

If the goal is just to discourage prostitution, then using SWL and modifying the diseases to be awful is one way.

I think there's also a mod that adds diseases to all sex?

Using that is less of an all or nothing, as if you make a disease that causes perma stat-rot, it's highly discouraging.

Even if you only lose a point of two, it's still a loss that will leave you at a disadvantage vs your level, and that you can never recover.

As long as anything that can cause permanent stat loss is optional, that could be an interesting penalty for players who are into that sort of thing. Maybe there could be "difficulty" settings for the severity of the penalties, so its not just a choice between "No Penalties" and "Permanent Penalties". The middle ground could be something like... the Diseases last 30 days and cannot be cured with a normal Cure Disease potion, but can be cured early if you gather...

• A Perfect Diamond
  • A bottle of Cyrodilic Brandy
  • Hawk Feathers x5

... and then pray at an shrine of Dibella. I enjoy immersive solutions. :3

9 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

I agree with this too, up to a point. If the bad ends are too easily triggered, and aren't just a more fun way of saying "this has gone too far, it can't be recovered, my game is already over" then it's probably a pain.

But using bad ends to tie off an already failed game in a fun way, and let you reset without having to start from complete scratch could be interesting.

However, I think having "bad ends" without properly controlling the scenarios where they arise is doomed to fail.

I am specifically worried about the avalanche of rape that happens if my character is caught stealing and put in DDs... and then put in more DDs when she tries to ask for help... and then gets raped the rest of the times she tries to ask for help... and then gets raped for trying to pickpocket keys... and then gets raped by a guard as punishment for being raped in public... Rape tends to stack up really darn quick.

In regard to bad ends, I see two approaches that could work together.

1.  Bad End.  Acceptance that you're no longer an adventurer when the PC crosses some threshold.  Allow configurable criteria to determine when the PC reaches that point.  When that happens, notify the player and perhaps add a book with a story as has been suggested, but leave it up to the player how to proceed.  The player might choose to start a new a game, or keep going with consequences.  SLS could help with that by offering several options like resetting the PC to level 1 (after a long life of slavery, prostitution, vegetable stall, etc. you forget your old skills but resolve to try again).  That's actually a penalized restart because any non repeatable quests won't be available, but it's the player's choice.

2.  Discouragement.  Provide configurable criteria for deleveling the PC as skills atrophy and disappear during a long stretch of prostitution, etc.  Defeat Skill Loss is an example of code that can do that.  This would discourage certain behaviors but let the player decide if it's worthwhile, and it can work alongside the Bad End approach.   I also find that using a wear & tear system limits prostitution income.

They key is for the mod to do the hard work of tracking the criteria and offering options for consequences, but let the player decide what to do and whether to keep going.

Concerning game starts, the ability to loot an NPC's house after running a simple delivery quest or the like is an obvious problem.  I handle it through self control, asking what would I do in real life if a friend came over and needed something.  I limit myself to only taking things I need (never stuff to sell):  gold if I'm desperately broke, a day's worth of food if I'm hungry, one outfit if I need it, and so on.  If I'm playing a good character, I return the items when I can or later pay for what I borrowed (console to deduct gold).  Friendship is not a one-way street.  That stops looting homes from being a source of income, and a side benefit is that stuff will still be there if I fall on hard times later in the game.  Just because the game allows something it doesn't mean that as a player I should.  It's a personal game play choice but it works well for me.

I have a bug where im constantly forced to swallow loads even when its not oral or when im gagged for example. Im using SLSO and the script thingy provided here for the open mouth hotkey. I know some animations are just wonky like that but it seems to happen with every single one!

Since updating to the latest versions of this mod and Devious Followers I've been experiencing some heavy save corruption, even with a completely new game and all older saves cleaned away.

The corruption is farily inconsistent, beyond the fact that the last save before I quit the game always seem to break and causes CTD when attempted to load.

Some saves load fine and when played seem to function properly without any issues, except loading any other save which almost always causes a CTD.

I've had a look at the papyrus logs but I'm not really adept at reading them, and beyond the fact that they are full of errors I can't tell what causes the crashes in some saves and not in the others as the error messages appear identical to each other other than that the logs seem to end on different lines on different saves.
If someone else who knows how to read papyrus logs can look through them and tell me what's wrong and how to fix them that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time and any help you might be able to give me.

Papyrus.0.log Papyrus.1.log Papyrus.2.log Papyrus.3.log

On 2/2/2020 at 1:10 AM, SamBooka said:

Thanks again for a great mod. And maybe te following suggestion has already been made : dd or dcl has the option to manipulate the locks of devices you put on. Wouldnt it be nice of the toll guards if they check your locks and then propperly lock them, for your own protection ofcourse :)

Gave you a thumbs up because it's a deviously clever idea; I'd hate it though. 

4 hours ago, candibelle said:

I have a bug where im constantly forced to swallow loads even when its not oral or when im gagged for example. Im using SLSO and the script thingy provided here for the open mouth hotkey. I know some animations are just wonky like that but it seems to happen with every single one!

You forgot to close your mouth.

4 hours ago, Ursur1major said:

Since updating to the latest versions of this mod and Devious Followers I've been experiencing some heavy save corruption, even with a completely new game and all older saves cleaned away.

The corruption is farily inconsistent, beyond the fact that the last save before I quit the game always seem to break and causes CTD when attempted to load.

Some saves load fine and when played seem to function properly without any issues, except loading any other save which almost always causes a CTD.

I've had a look at the papyrus logs but I'm not really adept at reading them, and beyond the fact that they are full of errors I can't tell what causes the crashes in some saves and not in the others as the error messages appear identical to each other other than that the logs seem to end on different lines on different saves.
If someone else who knows how to read papyrus logs can look through them and tell me what's wrong and how to fix them that would be greatly appreciated.

Papyrus.0.log 73.05 kB · 1 download Papyrus.1.log 72.81 kB · 0 downloads Papyrus.2.log 73.05 kB · 0 downloads Papyrus.3.log 72.81 kB · 0 downloads

I had the same issue, disabling devious followers 'fixed' it though.

9 hours ago, xtremeGoose said:

Also, the patch was never meant as a maintainable separate thing you install over SLS, but rather for Monoman if he wants to include ESD support at some point, hence why it's source files instead of compiled scripts. This WILL break your save going forward to the next SLS release since it uses the same version upgrade numbers as SLS.

Thanks, and understood.  I hope ESD support is added, but I think it's a pretty rare choice here, so I might take advantage of your scripts anyway.

1 hour ago, blandu said:

I make sure to check if its closed! But even if it was open it wouldnt make sense to have to swallow from doggystyle or whatev. I think it fixed itself for now though ?

6 hours ago, Ursur1major said:

Remove SLS and DFC. not just disabling esps. start new game. play and check if the problem still exist. If not install DFC and follow instruction on DFC page and use that new save. check for problems. If all ok, Install SLS follow instruction on OP and create a merge file for all race and friction. check for your problem.

19 hours ago, mkess said:

dignity system

Isn't dignity a stat from Troubles of Heroine?

10 hours ago, Ursur1major said:

Your log has not a single problem from DF in it.

You have some mods that are spewing a great deal of spam though.

FSM in particular. If something is breaking your saves, I'd start looking there.

6 hours ago, blandu said:
11 hours ago, candibelle said:

Monoman predicted this exact post. Almost word for word.

I think he deserves a prize for such an accurate prediction.

22 hours ago, Monoman1 said:
23 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

If the goal is just to discourage prostitution, then using SWL and modifying the diseases to be awful is one way.

Does this apply to all prostitution or just prostitution started via SWL?

Given the words I used, clearly, only for SWL.

I went on to suggest how you could add diseases to other prostitution mods, which would be more general.

SWL has its own special disease support, but it's not rocket science to tag diseases to sex events in general, and it's been done ...

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/460-sexlab-stds/

20 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

Hum. Interesting play-style. 

Can't say I agree with the SLEN disposition increase thing. I mean I wouldn't let one of my friend come into my home and let them go through all my stuff and take my TV but it's an interesting style I'll give you that. 

I agree here. It seems like it's too easy, and unimmersive. It would be odd for everyone to become your friend and let you take all their stuff.

The idea of starting in the wilderness is impossible for me.

It isn't possible to run away for a character who dies so easily, and who has a massive speed disadvantage against males (can't think who added that one).

I think creatures are excluded from that buff, but even so, one or two bites from a skeever and I'm done.

With my mighty level seven character, who even has some items of bikini armor (nothing too weighty) and has two perks in light armor, one arrow is all I can safely take, the second is a knife edge, death, or maybe simply defeat. These days I'm back trying DiD again, and have my surrender percentage at 75, but surrender is still quite rare.

A follower is essential to survival, and it has to be a male one. Female followers are just a waste of money - SLS ensures you need a big strong man to look after you.

People have different games, but so far it sounds like the most common way to get cash for licenses is to avoid towns, and thus avoid confiscations. If that's how most people use SLS, it might be you could add more fun stuff for people camping alone, out in the wilds. I've done it myself (but at much higher level). It tends to render a follower insupportable, so you have to be tough enough to do without one.

20 hours ago, xtremeGoose said:

Finished a patch to add basic EatingSleepingDrinking support. Seems to work, but I haven't exhaustively tested it. There's an invert ModFatigue change to _SLS_DrugFatigueInc that should be reviewed more closely.

Thanks I'll take a look when I can. 

17 hours ago, Bane Master said:

I think the whole question of loopholes  in the context of LL mods is worth thinking about.

I'm only really concerned about tying off immersive/obvious ways around things. If someone wants to open the console and cheat that way then that's their choice. I'm not going to go that far at all. 

12 hours ago, candibelle said:

You're mouth is probably open. Like the tool tip says. It's not possible to detect whos cock is in which hole so you've got to use it appropriately. 

There are some bugs around being gagged I think. Plus I will reset the mouth state on sex start and end next update so that it's more predictable. 

12 hours ago, Ursur1major said:

Had a look but these logs are just of the game CTDing on load. The papyrus log isn't a crash log really so it's not that useful. There's a couple of line from SLS but they're not unusual. 

1 hour ago, Lupine00 said:

Monoman predicted this exact post. Almost word for word.

Told ya so! :Smugface:

I think he deserves a prize for such an accurate prediction.

Oooh, I await eagerly :P

Mmm, a bit too involved for my liking. 

I'll swallow my pride and take the deals and see how it goes. 

1 hour ago, Tyrygosa said:

Do you guys not use vanilla armor replacers and just stick with original designs? I'm wondering if there is any reason to buy armor license (mostly RP-wise) if replacers usually look like bikini anyways. It makes sense to have vanilla-looking armors with this system, especially if paired with other mods like Immersive Armors.

Just interested in what people think about this.

Depends on your replacer/perspective I suppose. 

Most of my replacer stuff is certainly skimpier than vanilla but it's usually not nearly as bad as TAWoBA stuff. 

27 minutes ago, Black714 said:

That's Weird, Head Texture for Magic Curse still Not Show up.  but for bikini Curse is Shown.

bEnableFaceOverlays=1 is done in nioverride.ini. but Head Texture sitll not working, Any Idea?

Have you an empty slot?

If the slots have filled up with rape tats for example there'll be no empty slot for it.