30 minutes ago, candibelle said:

EDIT: Im testing it and it only works like half the time when I first launch the game, its super weird... Ill have to look into changing that ARMA record thing maybe!

Wait, so with the new esm it only works half the time? The other half the panty is still invisible? Which corset? Can you get the ref ID from the equipped items by clicking yourself while in command console?

34 minutes ago, Corsayr said:

Wait, so with the new esm it only works half the time? The other half the panty is still invisible? Which corset? Can you get the ref ID from the equipped items by clicking yourself while in command console?

I think it was doing this even with the old esp cuz I noticed it worked one time before but then it randomly stopped again. Ya its like it will sometimes show up when I relaunch the game but if it doesn't show up at first it won't ever, its super weird!

Huh Im doing some testing now and my red leather corset (1101598C [11 is my devious expansion mod priority if that helps]) doesn't make the panties invisible but my white leather corset (11015973) hides them...

Black ebonite corset (110159A8) is hiding them too... In fact the red leather corset is the only one that isn't hiding the panties... I wonder if thatll change too when I relaunch the game...

My other equipment is:

White Leather Slave High Heels (110237c0) from devious devices expansion

Cursed Silver Collar (11040013) I got it from SL survival but its from the devious expansion esm

Jeweled Soulgem Clitoral Piercing (0a0243d6) from devious devices assets

Nipple clamps (1101c629) from devious expansion

Red ebonite leg cuffs (11011107) from devious expansion

Red ebonite arm cuffs (11011103) from devious expansion

Iron pear of anguish (vaginal) Pear plug (1101b5e7) from devious expansion

White leather corset (11015970) from devious expansion

I have 4 things that are all showing the same ID for some reason (80000000) and theyre:

Pony Tail Plug from devious followers
_SLS_HalfNakedCover: from SL survival

Leather Bikini A from TAWOBA

Leather Thong C from TAWOBA

Edit: The actual ID's of those last 4 things are: 

Pony Tail - EA1D5E8A

_SLS_HalfNakedCover - AD04C8F8

Leather Bikini A- F10012C5

Leather Thong C- F1001DA9

1 hour ago, candibelle said:

Huh Im doing some testing now and my red leather corset (1101598C [11 is my devious expansion mod priority if that helps]) doesn't make the panties invisible but my white leather corset (11015973) hides them...

Black ebonite corset (110159A8) is hiding them too... In fact the red leather corset is the only one that isn't hiding the panties... I wonder if thatll change too when I relaunch the game...

This is actually the first good news so far. ?

That result is expected.

Try this version of the ESM

Devious Devices - Expansion.esm

PS I know these items are supposed to be cursed, but its supposed to be an "in game" thing not a literal curse. ?

1 hour ago, Corsayr said:

This is actually the first good news so far. ?

That result is expected.

Try this version of the ESM

Devious Devices - Expansion.esm 2.18 MB · 0 downloads

PS I know these items are supposed to be cursed, but its supposed to be an "in game" thing not a literal curse. ?

Youre definitely fixing stuff, yay! They all worked and showed the panties properly except for the black leather corset. I dunno how you did it but nice work and thx for helping with this!

14 hours ago, Bane Master said:

If anyone is using Backpack Containers I have made a small QOL patch for it which also provides a very simple dependency-free method for mods to check if the player is wearing a backpack and what items they have in it.

@Monoman1 Is there any chance I can persuade you to add the Backpack container to the licence checks please?

Mmm, I'd have to think about how it could be done. 

Right now I can't think of any nice way to do it. I mean, since it's a bit of a niche mod I'd rather the mechanism was more universal and could be easily changed to add other mods like it, rather than just piling another static check into the main script.

Also, does this mod not create a bit of a loophole? Why not just leave your backpack outside town before coming in? Sure maybe some of it will be missing when you get back but certainly not all of it will be missing like when you get confiscated without any licences.

13 hours ago, drunken toad said:

Is the half naked cover feature supposed to play an animation that covers only the exposed parts... or does it just use the standard cover animation for both chest and pubic region? I guess I'm just not sure what it's suppose to do so I can't tell if it's working or not. How do I know if this feature is working?

Might be a bit confusing.

Half naked cover = Two parts of an outfit making you not naked. Usually a bikini bra and thong. But could be any outfit that reasonably comes in two halves. In vanilla bikini armor only the bra needs to be equipped for every mod to consider you as not naked. Even though your pussy and ass can be on display for all to see. This feature needs the armor mod to be set up correctly which is the hardest part. This doesn't really affect:

Cover mechanics = Covering yourself when naked. A manual key to cover yourself when naked. Not covering yourself when naked increases the amount of Devious Follower resistance you lose when spanked or cat called. The animation doesn't adjust if you're wearing a top but no bottom or vice versa. But you will stop covering yourself when you have both a top and bottom equipped. 

14 minutes ago, Monoman1 said:

Mmm, I'd have to think about how it could be done. 

Right now I can't think of any nice way to do it. I mean, since it's a bit of a niche mod I'd rather the mechanism was more universal and could be easily changed to add other mods like it, rather than just piling another static check into the main script.

It's this a re-run of an old argument, just relating to a different thing this time.

Is it necessary to obsess over loopholes that the player can always create if they want?

I think the goal was to make this less of a loophole than it is already. Right now, you can stuff your backpack full of contraband and the guards "search" fails to find it.

As it is, you don't have to intend to cheat, you can't help but cheat.

Unless you already dealt with that?

But you can't stop the player cheating; there's no point trying. I would never have considered leaving my backpack outside town on purpose, and if I did it and it worked out, I certainly wouldn't repeat it - who loses in that situation? Not you. The only person I can cheat is myself!

There are some thing - like handing keys to followers to look after - which felt natural, and not obviously cheating - if DCL had been a bit more thorough, it would have used its already existing follower support to remove keys from followers with the same chance as the player (but a different chance check, which is the obvious answer to that problem).

Backpack contrivances are an obvious cheat. If you want to resolve that one, you could always steal the entire pack if left too far away for too long.

But I understand why you might not want to add support for Backpack Containers, as until now, it wasn't exactly a "thing".

Ironically, SLS is making it a thing.

I've been thinking lately about how 'bad ends' might fit into the mod. Now, straight off the bat I'm NOT talking about a scene where your character is lead to a stage and has her head chopped off. That doesn't interest me at all really. 

By bad end I mean more like at what point does your character's dream of becoming a successful adventurer end. 

I was thinking maybe if you're doing too much whoring then start applying debuffs when NOT having sex. Start decreasing stats, removing experience to discourage long term whoring. If you let it go too far then your character will automatically just give up her dream and decide to live out the rest of her days as a whore. Queue message box and fade to black, force back to main menu. I'm not going to build a massive scene around this, what would be the point as it's basically a load game scenario. The same could possible be applied to becoming a slave. Too many rapes over a period of time = "My place in life is a slave now".

I'm finding lately that whoring is the easy option. I'll do anything to avoid falling into DF debt. So:

Stealing - Check. At least there are consequences. And you need actual progress to be able to sell stolen items (must look into making hired thugs less... stupid).

Dancing - Check. But at least it doesn't really make enough gold to be a real solution to debt.

Whoring - Check! The solution to all your debt problems. Queue watching scene after scene.... *yawn*. So maybe this 'bad end' thing will encourage me to:

1. Actually use DF deals.

2. Take risks as a under-powered, inexperienced adventurer. Surely better than watching sex scene after scene?

18 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

Does DFC check devices are properly locked?  I simply pretend the manipulate mechanic doesn't exist as It shouldn't. At least not in it's current form. 

Actually there was a huge debate about this. DFC doesn't need to care if devices are locked. The thing that keeps the player in them is the fear of being punished for not being in them, so it doesn't even matter if they lock at all. Lozeak loved that whole "enslaving yourself" concept, and it's also very practical.

I wanted a nasty little punishment where the follower would lock devices that were manipulated, but as I discovered, there was no trivial way to do this unless Kimy exposes the property - which I asked her to do - and which she refused to do.

17 minutes ago, Monoman1 said:

I was thinking maybe if you're doing too much whoring then start applying debuffs when NOT having sex. Start decreasing stats, removing experience to discourage long term whoring. If you let it go too far then your character will automatically just give up her dream and decide to live out the rest of her days as a whore. Queue message box and fade to black, force back to main menu. I'm not going to build a massive scene around this, what would be the point as it's basically a load game scenario. The same could possible be applied to becoming a slave. Too many rapes over a period of time = "My place in life is a slave now".

There was a whole thread on this in the DF forum.

I was also interested in "bad ends" for DF, and in the context of defeat mods too.

I think we talked about this elsewhere too ... the SLS dev blog perhaps?

I think I had a better model for how the ends were applied, that led to discussion of how to reset player level, which I think led to some debate as to whether C++ was needed to achieve that, and whether it was possible at all - and I was able to confirm that in the worst case you could do it via C++ calling the console command.

One thing made the "bad ends" in CoC, CoC2 and TiTS interesting was the block of story text it unlocked. You could use a book to do it.

Another thing was that the bad ends tended to punish repetitive behavior. Do something once, or even many times, but well spaced out, and you were safe. Do it non-stop and you'd be screwed. Many of those ends would come as an interesting surprise, which was fun, and kept you on your toes.

I'd love to see a mechanic where (due to a bad end in DF, or SLS, or whatever) you got a serious reset, but not a character erasure or forced reload (you can still reload if you want to anyway, so no point implementing that as a mechanic). And a book would be dropped in your inventory where you could read the full story of your bad end.

Some kinds of action should be up to the player to allow though.

If I want to make use of prostitution, that's my choice. I might have other mods that interact with that.

Personally, I'd rather take a DF deal than spend half an hour prostituting. The viability of that also depends on your follower rates, cash availability in the game, the prostitution mod you use and how you've set it up.

Many of my game starts are too hard to progress without some time as an "inn worker" to afford stuff like "a license of any kind".

By the time I'm able to pay a follower and get out of town, I'm more than over the prostitution game, and really don't want to go back to it. It is its own punishment.

How do most people start off with SLS, when you can't use magic, or weapons, or armor, and you have enemies that can one-shot you even if you have all those things? How do they afford a license? I'd be interested to hear, as it would make give clues on how to improve SLS and possibly DF for everyone.

If you want a hard start, throwing in Burdens of Skyrim does quite a bit to help that, but the other is to relevel your world. In those situations (plus Slaverun lurking in the background) it's a hash situation, and the "bad end" is usually straight-out death. But in that game-build, I'm using Slaverun enslavement as a bad-end in itself. Once that happens it's hard to get free.

4 minutes ago, Monoman1 said:

I do not love this idea. While it might be neat in theory, I feel like in practice it would lead to players constantly needing to "ret-con" problematic situations that they get into instead of just rolling with them and dealing with the consequences. Especially when other mods might make those bad ends nearly (or entirely) unavoidable.

If the goal is just to discourage prostitution, then using SWL and modifying the diseases to be awful is one way.

I think there's also a mod that adds diseases to all sex?

Using that is less of an all or nothing, as if you make a disease that causes perma stat-rot, it's highly discouraging.

Even if you only lose a point of two, it's still a loss that will leave you at a disadvantage vs your level, and that you can never recover.

2 minutes ago, shar181 said:

I do not love this idea. While it might be neat in theory, I feel like in practice it would lead to players constantly needing to "ret-con" problematic situations that they get into instead of just rolling with them and dealing with the consequences. Especially when other mods might make those bad ends nearly (or entirely) unavoidable.

I agree with this too, up to a point. If the bad ends are too easily triggered, and aren't just a more fun way of saying "this has gone too far, it can't be recovered, my game is already over" then it's probably a pain.

But using bad ends to tie off an already failed game in a fun way, and let you reset without having to start from complete scratch could be interesting.

However, I think having "bad ends" without properly controlling the scenarios where they arise is doomed to fail.

In _SLS_DrugFatigueInc.psc, is FatigueStrength supposed to be positive? If I'm reading it correctly, ModFatigue increases fatigue for positive values (i.e. it increases RND fatigue and decreases iNeed fatigue which is inverted, hence makes the player more tired), which is contrary to the mod description.

30 minutes ago, xtremeGoose said:

In _SLS_DrugFatigueInc.psc, is FatigueStrength supposed to be positive? If I'm reading it correctly, ModFatigue increases fatigue for positive values (i.e. it increases RND fatigue and decreases iNeed fatigue which is inverted, hence makes the player more tired), which is contrary to the mod description.

It's probably because ineed is backwards (because of course it is).

1 hour ago, Lupine00 said:

How do most people start off with SLS, when you can't use magic, or weapons, or armor, and you have enemies that can one-shot you even if you have all those things? How do they afford a license? I'd be interested to hear, as it would make give clues on how to improve SLS and possibly DF for everyone.

I seem to be the opposite of you. 

Starting off I'll go out and scavenge whatever I can without licences. Fleeing is often the strategy of the day. I'll avoid main cities until I can get some half decent perks, some hunterborn/survival skills and hopefully enough for my first licence. 

I'll most definitely avoid taking a follower. If/When I get caught and force assigned a follower is where the whoring begins. Usually I run out of stuff to sell/steal and just end up whoring for a week (Minimum contract) to avoid taking any deals. Which is where the whole idea for these 'bad ends' came from. 

also got to be careful of towns with the enforcers if they catch you they'll throw a collar on you and take you to whiterun, well they always take me to whiterun. I do agree that you should avoiding cities but I'd go so far to even say to avoid towns as well, not sure if anyone agrees while you go around and scavenge. I do agree with prostitution you might, or maybe even more probably have to do prostitution until you can get the licences. Though for me about a follower I usually get one as soon as possible or immediately

34 minutes ago, Monoman1 said:

Starting off I'll go out and scavenge whatever I can without licences. Fleeing is often the strategy of the day. I'll avoid main cities until I can get some half decent perks, some hunterborn/survival skills and hopefully enough for my first licence. 

I'll most definitely avoid taking a follower. If/When I get caught and force assigned a follower is where the whoring begins. Usually I run out of stuff to sell/steal and just end up whoring for a week (Minimum contract) to avoid taking any deals. Which is where the whole idea for these 'bad ends' came from. 

Or I can just use SLEN and prostitute to every single NPC inside city walls until they become all allies. Then I can take anything and sell it every time I enter a city. Now I have enough coin to effort 2 DFs. My character level jumped from 20 to near 30. I have 6 slave (Pahe) and 2 DF all the time. I laterally only carry a whip and slave info spell on my two hands only. Except some unique item I do not want to loose I leave them outside gates. And not bother with the expensive licence unless I must.

1 hour ago, Hiderius said:

I'd go so far to even say to avoid towns as well,

Towns aren't so bad. I don't go unless I have to. Only if I need to. If you got your body & head covered and your speed isn't heavily debuffed then it's easy enough to avoid them if you're on high alert and don't dally. If they give chase a little 'parkour' can save the day thanks to shit AI pathfinding. You still get unlucky though but sometimes you've got to take the risk which is what I like about it. 

1 hour ago, Hiderius said:

Though for me about a follower I usually get one as soon as possible or immediately

You must not use DF? Or very low debt settings? 

I cranked my debt settings up recently to try and compensate for my timescale of 5. Before debt was hardly a worry really and all of the DF content was going 'unexplored'. So I upped the debt and now I get crucified by the follower. 

Technically I only increased the debt by like 2.5 when I should have increased it by 4 because normal timescale is 20 but mine is 5 and 20/5 = 4. Or so logic would dictate. 

I managed to survive one week of paying a follower but ended up destitute (and prostitute). Got rid of them and was unlucky enough to again get saddled with another follower :(

Just not my day.

1 hour ago, Sucker343 said:

Or I can just use SLEN and prostitute to every single NPC inside city walls until they become all allies. Then I can take anything and sell it every time I enter a city. Now I have enough coin to effort 2 DFs. My character level jumped from 20 to near 30. I have 6 slave (Pahe) and 2 DF all the time. I laterally only carry a whip and slave info spell on my two hands only. Except some unique item I do not want to loose I leave them outside gates. And not bother with the expensive licence unless I must.

Hum. Interesting play-style. 

Can't say I agree with the SLEN disposition increase thing. I mean I wouldn't let one of my friend come into my home and let them go through all my stuff and take my TV but it's an interesting style I'll give you that. 

20 minutes ago, Monoman1 said:

Hum. Interesting play-style. 

Can't say I agree with the SLEN disposition increase thing. I mean I wouldn't let one of my friend come into my home and let them go through all my stuff and take my TV but it's an interesting style I'll give you that. 

?LOL

Not You, not me. not anybody but skyrim is special. SLEN increase acquaintance. sneaking, selling junk increase xp and gold. when not friend keep them busy with one of your follower or slave and steal anything. this two work all the time. second one is some movie quality trick.

now as you said earlier there some obvious changes needs to be done(for the first one). for example PC sneaking around someone's house and all they do make some comment on it and that is it. You take stuff and all they say " Woh! it was just lying around. I wish I saw it first"I think they should do something more than that. Don't you agree?

5 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

I've been thinking lately about how 'bad ends' might fit into the mod. Now, straight off the bat I'm NOT talking about a scene where your character is lead to a stage and has her head chopped off. That doesn't interest me at all really. 

By bad end I mean more like at what point does your character's dream of becoming a successful adventurer end. 

I'm finding lately that whoring is the easy option. I'll do anything to avoid falling into DF debt. So:

Stealing - Check. At least there are consequences. And you need actual progress to be able to sell stolen items (must look into making hired thugs less... stupid).

Dancing - Check. But at least it doesn't really make enough gold to be a real solution to debt.

Whoring - Check! The solution to all your debt problems. Queue watching scene after scene.... *yawn*. So maybe this 'bad end' thing will encourage me to:

1. Actually use DF deals.

2. Take risks as a under-powered, inexperienced adventurer. Surely better than watching sex scene after scene?

Good idea. How about you combine that with your dignity system?

Several systems in fact. If you loose too much dignity in one area, your character looses more and more independence.

Dignity coins for obedience. This are the existing ones for bruiser. If it reaches Zero, bruiser, or any other dominant compagnion, should be the one that decides over your life. Game over.

"Dominance coins" for raping others. 100 in that, and you retire with your favorite slave toys. Game over

"Work coins" reaching 100 for whoring in general. Giving up, and making your money that way. Game over.

"Corruption coins" reaching 100 for bestiality. Finally giving up, and living with your preferred animal. Game over.

"Partner coins" reaching 100, for only having sex with your spouse, finally staying at home, as he/she wishes. (rapes do not count) Game over.

"Nympho coins" for staying too long at max level sexlab timerate, not using the dibella potion from time to time.  At 100,  coins, you will be  a mindless plaything. Game over.

"Dremora/Daedra coins" reaching 100 transforms you into a full succubus. It's already implement is SL Hormones. But this would be an alternative way to reach that point. In a way, this is more than a game change, than an ending.

This aren't even bad endings in my opinion. Just decisions to live the life he/she wants to live.

With this coin system the player itself can decide if he wants to use that system, by being able to throw them away anytime, or change their number in general. Never force a player to use a system.

I play many, many different characters, different ways, with different personalities until I decide. Stop. This is the point he/she retires. She has reached her goal.  This can be reaching a certain amount of wealth, being Thane in all holds, building a luxuries mansion piece by piece, getting rid of a curse I roleplay. Being a succubus of the highest order, corrupting Dibellas church, learning to be a blacksmith or mage. The best thief ever. You see every character I play has a goal in her life. I played for 3000 hours, and have never seen the ending of Skyrim .... Believe it or not, it's true.

2 hours ago, Sucker343 said:

I do this as succubus in PLSQ Succubus/SLEN all the time. After I am "done" with them, they are all my friends. A succubus girl needs to eat, you know. 

And I usually deactivate the need to drink and the need to pray at shrines, after I am a succubus in minineeds. So I only need to suck them dry, to be fed. And succubi do not trust gods ....

3 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

Fleeing danger at the beginning is the key. I agree with that.  I avoid followers at the beginning. They come natural, if they come. I do not search for them.

My usual start is scavenging OBIS bandits that dropped dead in my harsh world on their own, transfering their armor and weapons into raw materials. I have a mod installed that give me additional smelters in every town and city ...

Using hunternborn pelts and ingredients, using CACO alchemy in general, even with FMEA activated. Sleeping in caves and huts, because Frostfall is activated, too. Selling goods to wandering merchants like the "immersive wenches". I even bribe traders if needed.

I lowered the prices for licences though to around 300-500 gold for short term licences, 10000 for a permanent permit. Remember a house cost from 5000 to 25000. Seemed more realistic to me. After I reached the goal for the first two main licences  I walk into a city, and get those. From there on it's almost normal gameplay.

19 hours ago, drunken toad said:

Is the half naked cover feature supposed to play an animation that covers only the exposed parts... or does it just use the standard cover animation for both chest and pubic region? I guess I'm just not sure what it's suppose to do so I can't tell if it's working or not. How do I know if this feature is working?

If you use bows in ANY form, do not activate the cover animations ever! They collide with the animations holding and firing a bow. It took me a long time to find the culprit. Especially the Dibella mod, where a bow materializes out of thin air get messed up big time. In that mod, you need to be naked, to use the slavetat skills.