Skooma Whore: Addicted 10/08/2023

View File

DESCRIPTION

This mod is an optional Addon for Guffel’s excellent Sexlab Skooma Whore . It adds new problems for drug users and more immersive drug seeking behaviors to addicts.

It is OK to update from version 3.63+ to version 3.65 and from Skooma Whore patch version 1.01+ to version 1.04

All versions previous to 3.63 are incompatible - a new game or clean save is required

Version 3.631+ also requires that the Skooma Whore Patch from the download page is installed - The patch fixes a number of broken properties and script errors and also disables forced drugging by creatures and during XPO arrest/imprisonment.

You can still use the Patch to fix bugs in Skooma Whore even if you don't use the Addicted Addon

Use or possession of drugs is now illegal in Skyrim

• Using drugs in public will cause nearby Guards to arrest the user (can be disabled by setting GlobalVariable swa_DrugUseIsIllegal to 0)
  • If a suspect is in possession of drugs they will be assumed to be a dealer and their bounty increased accordingly
  • Only fences buy drugs. Merchants (including dealers) will not - the Thieves Guilds take a dim view of buying from non-guild sources
  • Taking drugs during combat is more difficult

The mod further affects Player Characters at high levels of addiction who are in withdrawal and have no drugs in their inventory. In desperation the player will:

• Automatically loot and use the first drug they find. This may, of course upset the owner of the drug if they happen to be alive to notice!
  • Automatically buy and use a hit from any Merchant that has a stash at a price that seems affordable to a desperate junkie!
  • Be unable to sleep more than a few hours a day before waking up due to withdrawal symptoms
  • Dealers may drug and abuse desperate junkies

SWA supports (and I recommend) Trade & Barter to allow you to modify buying and selling prices so that gold is harder to come by. As in real life, when money is scarce, addiction becomes a much more serious problem. For an added challenge you can use a "needs" mod (I use Realistic Needs & Diseases) to make the effect of not being able to sleep whilst withdrawing a challenge.

Please note that there are far too many modifier permutations to test every combination and so the price of a desperate hit may occasionally be a few septims higher or lower than the merchants advertised price - think of it as the merchant taking pity on, or to taking advantage of a desperate customer.

How the mod works:

• Desperate purchases have a risk of being drugged & abused or rarely drugged & enslaved (enslavement requires Simple Slavery or SD+) .
  • All drugs are marked as stolen goods when in the Player's inventory - they can only be sold to Fences.
  • Activating a drug immediately exits the inventory and triggers a "Drink Potion" animation lasting around 5 seconds.
  • Drug use is illegal in Solitude, Windhelm, Whiterun, Markarth, Riften and Falkreath - guards will arrest anyone taking a drug with a bounty of 100 gold. (Optional to disable set GlobalVariable swa_DrugUseIsIllegal to 0)
  • The Buy value of any drugs possessed by the Player are added to the bounty when arrested.
  • Dealer's shops are generally safe places to use drugs once the player has made an initial drug purchase from the dealer.
  • Desperate purchases (see below) are safe regardless of location (however this could change in the future depending on mod user feedback!) .
  • Sleep is limited whilst in withdrawal and vanilla sleep rested bonuses are not available

The desperation effects of the mod activate once the player has an addiction level of 4.

At addiction level 4

• The player will spend up to 75% of their gold on a drug and will buy Skooma (The Good Stuff!) if it costs less than 50% of their available gold.
  • Sleep will only be possible once every 16 hours for a random period of 4 to 9 hours

At addiction level 5

• Dealers will offer drugs as soon as dialogue begins if the player can afford a hit
  • The player will spend up to 100% of their gold on a drug and will buy Skooma (The Good Stuff!) if it costs less than 75% of their available gold.
  • Sleep will only be possible once every 20 hours for a random period of 2 to 6 hours

If Skooma is not available (or not affordable) the cheapest available drug will be bought.

If automatically looting a drug results in theft then the Player will be reported if seen – this takes no account of stealth or pickpocket skills, desperation makes people reckless.

REQUIREMENTS  LE/SE
Sexlab LE 1.59+/SE 1.63 Beta9+
Sexlab Skooma Whore LE V1.0/SE 1.01

Skooma Whore Patch 1.03 LE/SE

RECOMMENDED
Trade & Barter - allows you customise buying and selling prices so that gold is scarce and addiction is a serious problem!
Using a "Needs Mod" (e.g. Realistic Needs & Diseases ) will make withdrawal more challenging due to exhaustion effects from sleep deprivation.
Simple Slavery and/or Sanguine's Debauchery Enhanced to increase the risk of unfortunate consequences when addicted & desperate

INSTALLATION

Install using NMM or ModOrganiser – make a save first so you can go back if you don’t like the mod or it makes the world explode! You should see an installation message when you load the game. SWA does not have an MCM.

PERMISSIONS

Under no circumstance can this mod or any of its parts be posted outside of LL without my permission. You may not use the code as part of a for-profit project.

CREDITS & THANKS

Guffel author of the excellent Sexlab Skooma Whore
Min for the countless times I have found solutions to my problems by looking at dD code!

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    08/22/2015
  • Category
  • Requires
    SexLab Sexlab Skooma Skooma Whore Patch
  • Special Edition Compatible
    Yes

I use Skooma Whore just because the drugs it adds are nice, especially in combination with combat mods I use that make running out of stamina a real problem.... thus, Skooma provides a real service to my characters, but at a cost! ^_^

This mod seems fun, though I'm not entirely sure it would ever take effect in my game, because drugs are always so plentiful!

I use Skooma Whore just because the drugs it adds are nice, especially in combination with combat mods I use that make running out of stamina a real problem.... thus, Skooma provides a real service to my characters, but at a cost! ^_^

This mod seems fun, though I'm not entirely sure it would ever take effect in my game, because drugs are always so plentiful!

Indeed - if you have lots of cash then supporting a drug habit is no problem.  At low levels however, and particularly if you play with the economy modded to make gold scarce, selling prices low and buying prices high it's a different story.  ;)

Well in my case, it's because I use OBIS, which adds lots of bandits to the world, and a fair number of them carry potions of one sort or another on them, keeping me in a reasonable supply. I've recently started using the 'Scarcity' mod, and have noticed fewer drugs on bandits, to the point where my increasingly-addicted girl is starting to run low. Maybe it's time to add this mod and see!

Just what I wanted, for Skooma Whore.

Feature Requests... I don't know if these feature are in your addon, but I'll request them anyway...

1. SKOOMA HOARDER... You are unable to remove Skooma from your inventory, as the addicted just want to just hoard it all...

2. SKOOMA WHORE... You've got no money, and a trader has some skooma. You will automatically whore yourself out, and drink the skooma afterwards...                                                         ( Friendly people only )

I'm trying out your mod for the first time, Bane_Master and am  a having a bit of a problem.  The mod interrupts my character from buying anything from a merchant.  I may have a two or three seconds while trying to purchase anything and I get an animation of my character drinking something but there are no drugs consumed and the barter window closes.  If I try to buy something immediately after the process repeats itself.  Essentially preventing me from making any purchases or sales from merchants.

Is that working as intended?

2. SKOOMA WHORE... You've got no money, and a trader has some skooma. You will automatically whore yourself out, and drink the skooma afterwards...                                                         ( Friendly people only )

Wasn't there something similar for New Vagas?  You have blocking dialogue where the only option you have when talking to someone is to ask for drugs, and will trade your money, clothes, or body to get it.  Anyway I second this feature request.

I'm trying out your mod for the first time, Bane_Master and am  a having a bit of a problem.  The mod interrupts my character from buying anything from a merchant.  I may have a two or three seconds while trying to purchase anything and I get an animation of my character drinking something but there are no drugs consumed and the barter window closes.  If I try to buy something immediately after the process repeats itself.  Essentially preventing me from making any purchases or sales from merchants.

Hi Crudo,

It is working as intended if you buy and take a drug automatically when the window closes.  Once you have taken the drugs you should then be able to trade normally until you go into withdrawal again.

If the window is closing but you don't buy and use a drug potion automatically - or if the mod is triggering even though you are in NOT in withdrawal then something is wrong.

Feature Requests... I don't know if these feature are in your addon, but I'll request them anyway...

1. SKOOMA HOARDER... You are unable to remove Skooma from your inventory, as the addicted just want to just hoard it all...

Interesting ideas!  I'm currently working on improving performance and purchasing logic and also adding "Trade & Barter" support.

Using T&B you can make Gold much harder to come by and therefore the risks of having to feed a habit are much more immersive/challenging....  :dodgy:

Hi Crudo,

It is working as intended if you buy and take a drug automatically when the window closes.  Once you have taken the drugs you should then be able to trade normally until you go into withdrawal again.

If the window is closing but you don't buy and use a drug potion automatically - or if the mod is triggering even though you are in NOT in withdrawal then something is wrong.

I would say it is half working then.  I had an occassion where my character bought some leaf skooma.  However, the majority of the time the seller has nothing for my character and the mod kicks out of the buy/sell window and my character makes a drinking motion but drinks nothing.  I even get a line of text along the lines of, "You just drank some..." and that's it.  If I try to buy again it repeats.

Since I'm in the middle of a game I really like I was wondering if there was a way to stop the mod?  I usually don't like removing mods mid-game as it can be problematic but I am having some issues with this one.  Sorry.  I like the idea.

A suggestion for you as well, one of the things I think is lacking with Skooma Whore is the characters inner voice.  You know that internal argument telling your character to get some skooma.  At levels two and three it could be a line of text that pops up now and then that reads, "I could really go for some skooma right about now".  As you progress to higher levels of addiction it could be something along the lines of, "I need skooma nothing else matters".  My writing is for crap but at each level one through five you could have progressively stronger comments.

Anyhow, good luck with the mod.

Hi Crudo,

Interesting ideas!  I'm currently working on improving performance and purchasing logic and also adding "Trade & Barter" support.

Using T&B you can make Gold much harder to come by and therefore the risks of having to feed a habit are much more immersive/challenging....  :dodgy:

Trade and Barter mod, I haven't used that for a while... Time to download it again.

It'll go well with all the rest of my immersion mods.

I just need someone to make an alcoholic mod, to complete my collection... Plying people with drinks as well as drugs in the rape scenes...

Hi Crudo,

I would say it is half working then.  I had an occassion where my character bought some leaf skooma.  However, the majority of the time the seller has nothing for my character and the mod kicks out of the buy/sell window and my character makes a drinking motion but drinks nothing.  I even get a line of text along the lines of, "You just drank some..." and that's it.  If I try to buy again it repeats.

Since I'm in the middle of a game I really like I was wondering if there was a way to stop the mod?  I usually don't like removing mods mid-game as it can be problematic but I am having some issues with this one.  Sorry.  I like the idea.

A suggestion for you as well, one of the things I think is lacking with Skooma Whore is the characters inner voice.  You know that internal argument telling your character to get some skooma.  At levels two and three it could be a line of text that pops up now and then that reads, "I could really go for some skooma right about now".  As you progress to higher levels of addiction it could be something along the lines of, "I need skooma nothing else matters".  My writing is for crap but at each level one through five you could have progressively stronger comments.

Anyhow, good luck with the mod.

I have identified and fixed  the script causing the issue Crudo - give  version 1.0a a try

Skooma Whore: Addicted V1.0a (27/08/2015)

What's New in Version V1.0a (27/08/2015) (See full changelog)
  • V1.0a
  • BugFix: Vendor stash checking fxed

I have identified and fixed  the script causing the issue Crudo - give  version 1.0a a try

Skooma Whore: Addicted V1.0a (27/08/2015)

What's New in Version V1.0a (27/08/2015) (See full changelog)
  • V1.0a
  • BugFix: Vendor stash checking fxed

Any tips on updating the mod in a pre-existing game?

And thank-you!

Version 1.0 to 1.0a should be fine for an in-place update as only script logic has been modified and no variables / properties have been changed 

• 2 weeks later...

Another suggestion: skooma for devious devices. Haven't got enough gold? Trader offers you skooma if you put on some " accessories". 1 skooma per device?

Question: is there a way to way add skooma to normal traders. It's not often I track down proper spoons dealers.

Edit: skooma dealers*

Lol auto correct fail

Another suggestion: skooma for devious devices. Haven't got enough gold? Trader offers you skooma if you put on some " accessories". 1 skooma per device?

Question: is there a way to way add skooma to normal traders. It's not often I track down proper spoons dealers.

Edit: skooma dealers*

Lol auto correct fail

All suggestions gratefully received... 

Currently squishing bugs, optimising code a bit and implementing vanilla racial price adjustments - once all this basic stuff is sorted I can start thinking about possible additions :)

Please don't make DD a requirement. I can't stand it because of how little sense the chastity belts make, especially because of how expensive they have to be. That's a complex steel thing and you've just got a bunch lying around for women you rape?

Personally what I want are more options that lead to sex from skooma whore. Such as:

• If you black out in town there's a chance a guard could rape you in the cell as your "toll."
  • If you're seen taking the drugs get blackmailed for sex to avoid having the guards told.
  • Make it a crime to use skooma in public.
  • Get approched by offers of Skooma for sex by random people, and you can't turn them down at level 4 or 5.
  • Sometimes the skooma they give you is roofied, and you wake up as a slave to someone. Leave it optional and use SD+ for this.

Just my ideas. Use whatever you want.

Idea...

LOW LEVEL EFFECTS... Until you get to level 4 addiction, you don't seem to get any effects from your mod. Which is fair enough, but I have a few ideas that could make your mod add subtle effects for all lower level characters...

--Level 1... The drug is subtly working on your mind, sort of like casual drinkers wanting a drink on a hot day.

Effect. 1% chance of impulse purchase, or drinking a free Skooma, if you find one.

--Level 2... You are mostly alright, but chances are increased. But only when you see Skooma.

Effect. 5% chance of gulping down a free Skooma when you see it, 3% chance of impulse buying 2 skooma.

--Level 3... The Skooma is really starting to gnaw at your very soul, fighting the urge to drink them.

Effect. 8% chance of gulping down a free Skooma when you see one, 5% chance of impulse purchasing 3 Skooma.

I think this would fill in the gaps of addiction, whilst waiting to level up your addiction...

Effects would have a chance of firing each time your character opens an inventory, whether it be your own, a chest, other persons inventory or a shopkeepers inventory. Although, I think your mod already does this. But my character is only at level 1 and 2 on addictions, so I wouldn't know...

If you were unlucky, you could end up with an inventory of Skooma. With shopkeepers buying it back for a fraction of what you paid.

Idea 2.

Buying and Selling Skooma.

--RESALE VALUE... Skooma should have almost no resale value. You buy skooma, and the shopkeeper will give you almost no money, if you try to sell it back to them.

--BUYING SKOOMA... The cost of skooma should change according to your addiction levels.

Level 1.      10% more expensive.

Level 2.      20% more expensive.

Level 3.      50% more expensive.

Level 4.      100% more expensive.

Level 5.      200% more expensive.

I think there is a level 5, isn't there?

• 3 months later...

Wow, I can't wait to play this version.  The description is so cool.  I see may player getting in more trouble and battles over Skooma now!!!   What a great XMAS present.  I do like DD but don't see why it would be a requirement.  That would come in incarceration probably by other mods like PaySexCrime and Prison Overhaul.