Attempting to add overlays to 1 of my mods using AAF, but i can't get past this error

The line

AAF:AAF_API AAF_API

The copile error

(9,12): unkowntype aaf:aa_api

I looked at multiple other mods and even some responses to some1 trying to do a similair thing to what i'm trying to do but nothing seems to be working, not sure what i'm missing

Edit: (my best guess is  that i'm missing the source script files for AAF_API, but i only have the compiled versions and i'm not sure where to get the source.)

Edited by AKawaiiTent
31 minutes ago, AKawaiiTent said:

Attempting to add overlays to 1 of my mods using AAF, but i can't get past this error

The line

AAF:AAF_API AAF_API

The copile error

(9,12): unkowntype aaf:aa_api

I looked at multiple other mods and even some responses to some1 trying to do a similair thing to what i'm trying to do but nothing seems to be working, not sure what i'm missing

Edit: (my best guess is  that i'm missing the source script files for AAF_API, but i only have the compiled versions and i'm not sure where to get the source.)

The source is in the AAF archive. 

If you reinstall AAF with MO2 or whatever, it should give you the option of installing the source.

Or you could manually extract the Source Scripts from the archive.

Posted (edited)
On 2/24/2024 at 6:20 PM, Froggy said:

Why?

Because it ensures that the user has agreed to the terms of use.

Unfortunately, there are a lot of ways that people abuse other peoples work in the modding community. So, steps have to be taken to try and mitigate it or at the very least be clear about what is approved use.

Edited by dagobaking

I didn't think this question warranted opening a topic in the troubleshooting section.

I have timer settings for masturbation, teasing, assault, flirt and surrender, but there doesn't appear to be a timer for just normal sex.  I press the "T" key, the NPC starts the sex dialog, and then the sex is over in maybe 30 seconds.  I have surrender set to 120 seconds, and it lasts exactly two minutes.  I'm sure I'm there's a key I'm forgetting to hit to extend the sex or whatever, but I can't figure  it out.  

39 minutes ago, Deviancy said:

I didn't think this question warranted opening a topic in the troubleshooting section.

I have timer settings for masturbation, teasing, assault, flirt and surrender, but there doesn't appear to be a timer for just normal sex.  I press the "T" key, the NPC starts the sex dialog, and then the sex is over in maybe 30 seconds.  I have surrender set to 120 seconds, and it lasts exactly two minutes.  I'm sure I'm there's a key I'm forgetting to hit to extend the sex or whatever, but I can't figure  it out.  

Sounds like you're asking about AAF Sex 'Em Up?  If so, the Flirt Timer option is what you're looking for.  Flirt is "normal sex".

12 minutes ago, iAliw said:

I installed all the prerequisites correctly.
but I still have this problem

You copied the data subfolder of F4SE into place, not just the other files? How, precisely, did you install F4SE? When you start Fallout 4, are you making sure to run f4se_loader.exe rather than fallout4.exe?

1 hour ago, iAliw said:

I'm running correctly, see. I don't know where the problem is.

On Moddingham, where you download AAF, there's an optional AAF_GFV.exe utility which you can use to check for obvious errors with your AAF installation. If that doesn't get you any further, you might try seeking assistance in the help channels of the AAF Discord, as recommended at the beginning of the manual:

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, deathmorph said:

I just wanted to download the new AAF version, but I can no longer get to Moddingham.com. Apparently my username or password is no longer valid. So I wanted to register again, but I couldn't find a link.
What can I do?

Looks like Moddingham no longer exists for the public and if you click on the download link on LL it sends you to Dagoba's Discord which I assume is the new download location. I am not a huge fan of using discord myself, so I haven't accepted the "invite" to verify but that is my best guess.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, deathmorph said:

I just wanted to download the new AAF version, but I can no longer get to Moddingham.com. Apparently my username or password is no longer valid. So I wanted to register again, but I couldn't find a link.
What can I do?

Sorry for the inconvenience. It's just temporary. I am re-purposing moddingham.com to be the wiki and moving the download to discord.

It's taking a bit of time getting the changes in place so that I can have the steps I was using moddingham.com for in a discord flow. But, I hope to get it all done within 24 hours or so.

7 hours ago, milasian said:

Looks like Moddingham no longer exists for the public and if you click on the download link on LL it sends you to Dagoba's Discord which I assume is the new download location. I am not a huge fan of using discord myself, so I haven't accepted the "invite" to verify but that is my best guess.

That change isn't quite ready yet. But, you are right. That is the plan.

I'm sorry that discord isn't ideal for you. I got quite a few complaints about putting it at moddingham.com as well. So, it seems it has to be a compromise for someone. Hope to see you over there!

Edited by dagobaking
4 hours ago, dagobaking said:

Sorry for the inconvenience. It's just temporary. I am re-purposing moddingham.com to be the wiki and moving the download to discord.

It's taking a bit of time getting the changes in place so that I can have the steps I was using moddingham.com for in a discord flow. But, I hope to get it all done within 24 hours or so.

That change isn't quite ready yet. But, you are right. That is the plan.

I'm sorry that discord isn't ideal for you. I got quite a few complaints about putting it at moddingham.com as well. So, it seems it has to be a compromise for someone. Hope to see you over there!

Well I can't even create an account on Discord, apparently they don't like either my ISP or my country, or me personally

So yeah, moddigham not working (no clue why, it looks they lost my account somehow, maybe just some glitch) and I can not  create account on discord (and it all honesty I don't understand why I would even want to create it to begin with).

I mean really, why are you even doing it? AAF in 7z (the version I have installed) sized less then 1 mb. You don't charge anything for using it.... I just don't get your reasons for creating artificial barriers.... Guess I'll have to stick to 171 version. Because I have absolutely no means to download a newer one now. 

4 hours ago, mishovur said:

Well I can't even create an account on Discord, apparently they don't like either my ISP or my country, or me personally

So yeah, moddigham not working (no clue why, it looks they lost my account somehow, maybe just some glitch) and I can not  create account on discord (and it all honesty I don't understand why I would even want to create it to begin with).

I mean really, why are you even doing it? AAF in 7z (the version I have installed) sized less then 1 mb. You don't charge anything for using it.... I just don't get your reasons for creating artificial barriers.... Guess I'll have to stick to 171 version. Because I have absolutely no means to download a newer one now. 

Same boat here.  I'd tried years ago to do a Discord account, but they told me my phone number wasn't "real" or some BS like that, so they wouldn't verify my account.  So Discord is pretty much a lock-out for several users.

4 hours ago, Bigglsby said:

Same boat here.  I'd tried years ago to do a Discord account, but they told me my phone number wasn't "real" or some BS like that, so they wouldn't verify my account.  So Discord is pretty much a lock-out for several users.

Register with email instead?

1 hour ago, ebbluminous said:

Register with email instead?

Not sure if they've changed their registration process, but phone and email were both required when I'd tried.  They didn't like the phone I'd had for decades, so not like I had options. 

32 minutes ago, Bigglsby said:

Not sure if they've changed their registration process, but phone and email were both required when I'd tried.  They didn't like the phone I'd had for decades, so not like I had options. 

I don't remember having to register a phone number. I've only ever used Disco on PC

7 hours ago, Greyholder said:

where on the discord Server are the Downloads ? Can only find the Link channel there with the link to moddingham server (which is not available)

Good hint is welcome :)

Looks like I picked the wrong day for a clean install.  :D

3 hours ago, ebbluminous said:

I don't remember having to register a phone number. I've only ever used Disco on PC

Yeah, I only ever tried it on the PC as well.  I didn't want to HAVE to give them my phone number, as it seemed unnecessary and annoying.  Which doubly pissed me off when they said it wasn't a valid phone number and wouldn't allow the account to be processed.  So yeah, Discord pissed me off pretty bad. 

Holy crap, I read "consumer friendly" and my brain melted. I'm convinced these people think they are customers of some sort. Where the fuck did these people grow up? :bawling: