12 hours ago, Kharos said:

@dagobaking Clicking any discord links (whether the download link or the one in your signature) gives me "Invite Invalid - This invite may be expired, or you might not have permission to join". Reading this thread it looks like other folk have similar issues, too. Copy-pasting the link into the discord app worked for me. After reacting to the bot in the rules section, I was able to download the newest version.

As a fellow mod author myself (or maybe "ex mod author" as I am currently no longer active modding) I understand how much work goes into mods, and I have a lot of respect for active modders. This respect does not change the fact that modders who make their releases available on discord only make it much harder for users to actually use their mods. There were a few times over the last months where I just decided not to install a mod because it was only available on discord and I had the same problem with the "Invite Invalid" links. I have come to actually resent Discord (also I believe the UI of the discord app is shit) and long for the "good old days" where we had just working download links on a webpage instead. Guess I am getting old :classic_laugh:.

Thank you for your considerate feedback.

re: the Discord link not working. It could be something related to your computer configuration. Whether one app is allowed to call up another, etc.

re: hosting on Discord. It wasn't my first choice either. But, users complained about the previous choice and the alternatives do not meet basic needs. The alternative is for it to simply not be hosted anywhere.

4 hours ago, vaultbait said:

We're being overrun by pirates! Everyone scatter!!! 🏴‍☠️

😂

How would I duplicate the same effect as the AFF Menu previous and next animation in Papyrus?

Would that be through ChangePosition or ChangeSetting?

I've tried ChangePosition but that interrupts the current animation and I'd like the current animation to progress to the end of it's loop.

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, jbezorg said:

How would I duplicate the same effect as the AFF Menu previous and next animation in Papyrus?

Would that be through ChangePosition or ChangeSetting?

I've tried ChangePosition but that interrupts the current animation and I'd like the current animation to progress to the end of it's loop.

That would be ChangePosition. ChangeSetting is for changing the overall settings (via an MCM panel etc).

You can send in a lot of settings [to ChangePosition]. Some of them may achieve what you are looking for. But, your exact needs may require a feature add. It will be easier to determine if we can chat through it. Hit me up on discord and we can figure out.

Edited by dagobaking
2 hours ago, dagobaking said:

That would be ChangePosition. ChangeSetting is for changing the overall settings (via an MCM panel etc).

You can send in a lot of settings [to ChangePosition]. Some of them may achieve what you are looking for. But, your exact needs may require a feature add. It will be easier to determine if we can chat through it. Hit me up on discord and we can figure out.

I think this should work

Event OnKeyUp(int keyCode, float time)
  if ( keyCode == iEndKey && !bEndKeyCooldown )
    ; Prevent spamming the keypress
    bEndKeyCooldown = True

ShutDown()

Utility.WaitMenuMode( KeySpamDelay )
    bEndKeyCooldown = False
  endIf

if ( keyCode == iJumpKey && !bJumpKeyCooldown )
    ; Prevent spamming the keypress
    bJumpKeyCooldown = True

RandomXP()
  endIf
EndEvent

Event AAF:AAF_API.OnAnimationChange( AAF:AAF_API akSender, Var[] akArgs )
  Actor[] kActors = Utility.VarToVarArray( akArgs[1] ) as Actor[]
  Int iPlayer = kActors.Find( Main.PlayerRef )

if( kActors.Length > 1 ) && ( iPlayer > -1 ) && bJumpKeyCooldown
    bJumpKeyCooldown = False

Main.AAF_API.ChangePosition( Main.PlayerRef )
  endIf
EndEvent

While I appreciate that the Author wants some kind of security, when I was prompted to use my discord as authentication and it mentions access to my email. I have no idea just what kind of access exactly I am giving away here. My suggestion is find a different way to distribute this mod like the mega site so many others use because this felt to invasive for my liking.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Drek01 said:

While I appreciate that the Author wants some kind of security, when I was prompted to use my discord as authentication and it mentions access to my email. I have no idea just what kind of access exactly I am giving away here. My suggestion is find a different way to distribute this mod like the mega site so many others use because this felt to invasive for my liking.

With all due respect, please consider your request in its basic terms:

You want me to blindly trust the public with work that took hundreds of hours to produce so that you don't have to trust me with an email address?

[Besides that, the actual file is on discord itself. So, you would only be trusting Discord (which you apparently already have an account with) to get it. The other site (moddingham.com) that uses discord authentication only hosts the wiki for the mod.]

Edited by dagobaking

Good evening, I was trying to mod fallout 4 and obviously download AAF. I have done all the steps, I entered the discord server and I have access to all the channels, but when I try to download AAF 171v I get a message saying "The site could not be reached". Can you help me?

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, nova9491 said:

Good evening, I was trying to mod fallout 4 and obviously download AAF. I have done all the steps, I entered the discord server and I have access to all the channels, but when I try to download AAF 171v I get a message saying "The site could not be reached". Can you help me?

Hm. Maybe it has something to do with the http version of discord. Have you tried installing and using the app instead?

Edited by dagobaking
15 hours ago, dagobaking said:

Hm. Maybe it has something to do with the http version of discord. Have you tried installing and using the app instead?

Yep, i try from the app and the browser version, nothing change. 

I managed to download the file, it seems that Discord was "blocked" because just yesterday the app updated. Thanks for the help anyway!

Edited by nova9491
On 4/10/2024 at 1:58 AM, Drek01 said:

The file is on his Discord (as he mentioned) but to explain this a little more or anyone else who may be concerned. I'm assuming, since I don't personally have an account/used discord auth on moddingham, Moddingham is using Discord as an IDP for SSO (Identity Provider for Single Sign On, also account creation) so when Discord says "Access to your email address", it's the api providing the email address (youremail@emailprovider.com) to Moddingham along with some other information non-sensitive profile info but none of this gives out your password (and you should have MFA turned on for all of your accounts that support it anyways) or access to view your emails themselves. It's essentially the same as if you were to register a new account manually on another site and you typed in your email in the Email Address box.

APIs usually have a scope to set so theoretically he could make it not get your email address but...there still has to be an email provided to send confirmation emails, forgot password links etc. to so you'd just provide the email address manually.

12 hours ago, Arethiel said:

The file is on his Discord (as he mentioned) but to explain this a little more or anyone else who may be concerned. I'm assuming, since I don't personally have an account/used discord auth on moddingham, Moddingham is using Discord as an IDP for SSO (Identity Provider for Single Sign On, also account creation) so when Discord says "Access to your email address", it's the api providing the email address (youremail@emailprovider.com) to Moddingham along with some other information non-sensitive profile info but none of this gives out your password (and you should have MFA turned on for all of your accounts that support it anyways) or access to view your emails themselves. It's essentially the same as if you were to register a new account manually on another site and you typed in your email in the Email Address box.

APIs usually have a scope to set so theoretically he could make it not get your email address but...there still has to be an email provided to send confirmation emails, forgot password links etc. to so you'd just provide the email address manually.

This is correct. It's just an SSO system.

There is not an option on the wiki.js side (at least that I saw) that allowed turning off the email address.

11 minutes ago, bobdoe42 said:

I also get unable to accept invite.  Tried multiple browsers and the app.  Can I get an updated download link?

I would suggest reaching out to Discord support.

4 minutes ago, Kiimeyra said:

I dont know how to get nuka world running

Nuka-World is a Fallout 4 DLC from Bethesda, the makers of the original game. If you have problems with it, you should contact them.

If instead you mean the Nuka Ride mod here on LoversLab, it has its own support topic you should use instead.

I take it this mod will break when the "next gen" update comes out on the 25th of this month? I lost my SSD about months ago and just now starting to get back my games and mods. Should I wait several weeks after they update the game to get this mod?

3 hours ago, divingmedic said:

I take it this mod will break when the "next gen" update comes out on the 25th of this month? I lost my SSD about months ago and just now starting to get back my games and mods. Should I wait several weeks after they update the game to get this mod?

yeah, wait.

hello your mod hasn't worked. for 3 days I've been trying to play fallout 4 with mods
and it's impossible the mods fight each other each time I install here I managed to no longer have any conflict between the mods
but AAF is stuck at 68%.
5 hours ago, Wik0 said:
hello your mod hasn't worked. for 3 days I've been trying to play fallout 4 with mods
and it's impossible the mods fight each other each time I install here I managed to no longer have any conflict between the mods
but AAF is stuck at 68%.

Follow this manual and noramly it's ok

hi nuka thank you for your response.
I followed the guide during my mod installation but there was a lot of conflict between the mods see for some or they were needed together to make the mod work but was in conflict
,but I found a mod patch AAF patch for leito and crazy fomod v3.1b.7 which replaces animationsaddonandfixes11.0.7 as it both conflicted.
For the moment it works but I find that it is really complicated to put mods on fallout4 because sometimes to run a mod you need 5 behind it and there is a lot of conflict.

i use google translate :)

On 4/19/2024 at 8:41 PM, Wik0 said:
hi nuka thank you for your response.
I followed the guide during my mod installation but there was a lot of conflict between the mods see for some or they were needed together to make the mod work but was in conflict
,but I found a mod patch AAF patch for leito and crazy fomod v3.1b.7 which replaces animationsaddonandfixes11.0.7 as it both conflicted.
For the moment it works but I find that it is really complicated to put mods on fallout4 because sometimes to run a mod you need 5 behind it and there is a lot of conflict.

i use google translate :)

No problem and yes when a mod is interesting there are often requirements for it to work (correctly) so the guide made by some are very beneficial

2 hours ago, jas75249 said:

How does one gain access to the discord server, I click the link, sign up for it and see 3 channels, none contain a download link and something that might be it but it says no access.

Maybe it's a bit subtle, but there's a "rules" channel where you need to read the rules of the server and then agree to them by leaving a reaction to the rules post. After that, the remaining base channels should become available to you.