1 hour ago, JB. said:

Holy crap, I read "consumer friendly" and my brain melted. I'm convinced these people think they are customers of some sort. Where the fuck did these people grow up? :bawling:

Your mods are awesome. I did not know how to phrase it but thanks for keeping your mods accessible

19 minutes ago, rayman25 said:

Your mods are awesome. I did not know how to phrase it but thanks for keeping your mods accessible

Well now I'm feeling guilty. 😝 Thanks.

9 hours ago, JB. said:

Holy crap, I read "consumer friendly" and my brain melted. I'm convinced these people think they are customers of some sort. Where the fuck did these people grow up? :bawling:

It doesn't really matter, because no one else has adequately addressed the same niche.

Hello. Sorry again for the temporary down time. The public release is now back up.

Regarding why it needs to be hosted elsewhere, etc.: I have addressed that many times in the past. If you are interested, please search back for those answers in this thread.

Hello,

Where do i find the newest version ?

moddingham sends me back to the AAF discord server and on the discord server under 'public release' there is the version V1.71 from last year placed.

It is a little bit frustrating.

3 hours ago, Kanlaon said:

Where do i find the newest version ?

moddingham sends me back to the AAF discord server and on the discord server under 'public release' there is the version V1.71 from last year placed.

It is a little bit frustrating.

That is still the newest public version right now. It moved from Moddingham to Discord, but there isn't a newer public release yet.

5 hours ago, Flordorm said:

So, I'm trying to download AAF, but when I go to the discord it says I do not have access to the public release channel and therefore, I cannot download anything.

I can't even join it.

"Unable to accept invite" (Brave Browser)

"Invite Invalid" (Opera Browser)

But discord desperately tries to force people to register for a while, maybe they fiddled with that again to keep outsider away.

I was just curious if there a new version of the mod.

11 hours ago, ZI0MATRIX said:

I can't even join it.

"Unable to accept invite" (Brave Browser)

"Invite Invalid" (Opera Browser)

But discord desperately tries to force people to register for a while, maybe they fiddled with that again to keep outsider away.

I was just curious if there a new version of the mod.

I think the newest version is still 1.71. If you have this version could you send me it?

I could use some help with manually starting sex animations, particularly with the ZAZOUT4 furniture.  I have the latest version of AAF (171) and it works fine.  I have mods that call those animations and it works fine.  When I try to manually start a M-F animation of any kind, the only option seems to be solo animations and poses.  Even when I select a male and a female character and it shows that there are two characters selected, it is treated as solo male and solo female so only solo male or solo female animations are available regardless which tag I look at.  I am clearly missing something.  The page up and page down allow me to select the two characters by using the column instead of none or row.  There are the arrow keys that do the rest.  What steps am I missing?

Never mind, I found that setting the cycle to column or row seems to prevent setting up a M-F animation.  I left it at none and selected the two actors with the page down key then the options were there to be picked.  Now it works.  What is column and row used for?

Edited by bholt917
Figured it out
6 hours ago, bholt917 said:

I could use some help with manually starting sex animations, particularly with the ZAZOUT4 furniture.  I have the latest version of AAF (171) and it works fine.  I have mods that call those animations and it works fine.  When I try to manually start a M-F animation of any kind, the only option seems to be solo animations and poses.  Even when I select a male and a female character and it shows that there are two characters selected, it is treated as solo male and solo female so only solo male or solo female animations are available regardless which tag I look at.  I am clearly missing something.  The page up and page down allow me to select the two characters by using the column instead of none or row.  There are the arrow keys that do the rest.  What steps am I missing?

Never mind, I found that setting the cycle to column or row seems to prevent setting up a M-F animation.  I left it at none and selected the two actors with the page down key then the options were there to be picked.  Now it works.  What is column and row used for?

Could you send me the file for AAF (171) please?

Moddinghaven site redirects to discord, but from doing that discord will throw errors about invalid username/email, despite the fact that my discord account is perfectly valid.

Following the link on the main page here gets me into the server, but all I see are the rules and terms. I can see the channel where the download is, but clicking on it gives me a message about incorrect permissions or something.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, bholt917 said:

What is column and row used for?

That's a feature where you can define a "formation" that characters will move/walk to (standing in a row for instance) and then run the chosen animation/group on each of them separately.

It's basically for specific cases that a mod author might want to apply. For example, having a squad of actors stand in a formation and do jumping jacks. But, to my knowledge, it hasn't been implemented by anyone so far.

Edited by dagobaking
14 minutes ago, BlueCoral said:

Following the link on the main page here gets me into the server, but all I see are the rules and terms. I can see the channel where the download is, but clicking on it gives me a message about incorrect permissions or something.

At the bottom of the rules page there is a block of text that explains how to get access to the rest of the server.

On 3/23/2024 at 3:07 PM, Flordorm said:

I think the newest version is still 1.71. If you have this version could you send me it?

Haha GIF - Haha GIFs Now they want Personal Service and Delivery of the mods they get for free! Rich, very Rich.

Apologies to the rest of you I could not get past that.

12 hours ago, dagobaking said:

That's a feature where you can define a "formation" that characters will move/walk to (standing in a row for instance) and then run the chosen animation/group on each of them separately.

It's basically for specific cases that a mod author might want to apply. For example, having a squad of actors stand in a formation and do jumping jacks. But, to my knowledge, it hasn't been implemented by anyone so far.

Thanks for the information.  I did try one animation with a male and female with it set on row.  The two actors were side by side doing the same animation then I found that I could select one of the two actors and change the animation for that actor then select the other actor and change the animation.  I think you are right about no one using those functions in mods because I have yet to see it.  It might be more useful when making a video where one might have 3 or 4 actors dancing or something like that.  There is no need for a regular user to go through the extra steps when there is gun that makes NPCs dance.  Is it OK if I give a copy of AAF version 171 to the member that is asking for it in this forum or does the member need to get it through the proper route?  It is just a zip file in my downloads folder.  It would be easy enough to just attach it in a reply.

8 hours ago, bholt917 said:

Thanks for the information.  I did try one animation with a male and female with it set on row.  The two actors were side by side doing the same animation then I found that I could select one of the two actors and change the animation for that actor then select the other actor and change the animation.  I think you are right about no one using those functions in mods because I have yet to see it.  It might be more useful when making a video where one might have 3 or 4 actors dancing or something like that.  There is no need for a regular user to go through the extra steps when there is gun that makes NPCs dance.

The wizard (starting anims via "Home>Enter") is primarily meant to be a way to test things. So, it was never really intended to be used like "now lets make actors dance in formation." I put just enough of the feature in there to show people that its there and working. From there, mod authors can create whatever formation they imagine in their contexts, animation groups can be used so that its randomized, etc.

Lots of ways organized placement animations could be used, imo. Especially if you also add randomly joining other nearby NPC to them.

Is it OK if I give a copy of AAF version 171 to the member that is asking for it in this forum or does the member need to get it through the proper route?  It is just a zip file in my downloads folder.  It would be easy enough to just attach it in a reply.

Thank you for asking. No. Please do not distribute AAF.

9 hours ago, dagobaking said:

The wizard (starting anims via "Home>Enter") is primarily meant to be a way to test things. So, it was never really intended to be used like "now lets make actors dance in formation." I put just enough of the feature in there to show people that its there and working. From there, mod authors can create whatever formation they imagine in their contexts, animation groups can be used so that its randomized, etc.

Lots of ways organized placement animations could be used, imo. Especially if you also add randomly joining other nearby NPC to them.

Thank you for asking. No. Please do not distribute AAF.

It makes sense that through script is the proper way to set up animations because doing manually with the wizard is not very efficient but it does allow me to fill in the gaps between the mods that start animations.  For example, some the torture devices have sex animations but normally the only way to get them to play is via Bound in Public or possibly one of the other mods like Nuka Ride though one time a sex animation between two NPCs started by Autonomy did use the ZAZOUT4 pillory.  That only happened once due to randomness in the mod.  I can use the wizard to make that happen over and over.  It is not as efficient as doing it via script but it is still fun to play with.  I recently acquired the Fallout 4 Creation Kit, Blender and two animation kits.  At some point I will learn how to use these tools and maybe create something interesting.  About the member wanting to be given a copy of AAF 171, that guy will have to get it via the proper route.

10 hours ago, dagobaking said:

The wizard (starting anims via "Home>Enter") is primarily meant to be a way to test things.

That wizard can also useful when the player is dealing with "broken" mods and the animations do not chain together properly and/or do not fit the dialog which led up to them.

(I put "broken" in quotes, because mods which use custom animations often have many dependencies on other mods and when mods do not work well together, isolating or even characterizing the issue can be difficult. And on top of that there's the "stable code" issue where fixing things breaks something else.)

Posted (edited)

It makes sense that through script is the proper way to set up animations because doing manually with the wizard is not very efficient but it does allow me to fill in the gaps between the mods that start animations.  For example, some the torture devices have sex animations but normally the only way to get them to play is via Bound in Public or possibly one of the other mods like Nuka Ride though one time a sex animation between two NPCs started by Autonomy did use the ZAZOUT4 pillory.  That only happened once due to randomness in the mod.  I can use the wizard to make that happen over and over.  It is not as efficient as doing it via script but it is still fun to play with.  I recently acquired the Fallout 4 Creation Kit, Blender and two animation kits.  At some point I will learn how to use these tools and maybe create something interesting.  About the member wanting to be given a copy of AAF 171, that guy will have to get it via the proper route.

Thank you. Definitely. Nothing wrong with using the wizard for more than testing. Just that it's not as immersive as mod integration and the implementation of some side features like formations is kind of minimal.

Hope to see a release from you some day!

8 hours ago, sen4mi said:

That wizard can also useful when the player is dealing with "broken" mods and the animations do not chain together properly and/or do not fit the dialog which led up to them.

(I put "broken" in quotes, because mods which use custom animations often have many dependencies on other mods and when mods do not work well together, isolating or even characterizing the issue can be difficult. And on top of that there's the "stable code" issue where fixing things breaks something else.)

Yeah. It's a fair point. I made the API to be flexible. But, I didn't anticipate the side effect that so many patches and breaking variations would proliferate.

I'm working on some updates that address exactly that problem and could lead to a more stable/controllable experience for users.

Edited by dagobaking