3 hours ago, bholt917 said:

What causes a female character to have a male body in the animation?

It might be happen when some mod change the sex of a character (player, in your case). It is possible, but I do not know mods that do this intentionally. Perhaps, you can find such mod in your mods list.

5 hours ago, Dlinny_Lag said:

It might be happen when some mod change the sex of a character (player, in your case). It is possible, but I do not know mods that do this intentionally. Perhaps, you can find such mod in your mods list.

The only way I know to change the sex of the player character mid playthrough is through console command but I did not do that.  I think the problem happened at the beginning where you can choose the sex of the player.  You start with a male character talking to himself in a mirror then you can change the sex and use the female character instead.  Maybe changing the sex of the player did not update everything it was supposed to so despite the player picture in AAF showing as female, something in the save file was telling AAF that the body is male.  I might have been able to correct it in the save file if I had the right program to open it with so the text would show up correctly.  I don't know what that is.

7 hours ago, UsernameTaken666 said:

wut

That was my response when first saw my sexy female character having a male body in the animation.  The Josie head preset on a male body.  It was disturbing.

12 hours ago, UsernameTaken666 said:

How is it less “public” on discord than here? You have to create a profile, login, etc. Really?? Lol. Don’t use it then 

Discord is a well known honeypot and not safe to interact with, especially in certain countries.  You may as well host it on Facebook.  Please post mirrors.   

I am referred to a discord site for the AAF updated file and an invite  pops up, but I am denied access to the invite for some reason.  Any ideas on how to get access to this AAF download

I agree with Martinbryce1 on the mirrors, only supporting the install guides on discord is fine, even keeping the discord version up-to-date with mirrors being behind by a few days. but im on discord, if people see his message and assume discord is a horrible wasteland of trolls, hackers, and scammers, you'd be wrong. moderated discords are fine, and i assume AAF's has some moderators and admins, my excuse for mirrors is im over the 100 server limit because i had nitro for a while but needed to end it. so i cant join. 

i should mention, i only explain how discord is, because alot of people will just read last page reviews for latest reasons why people like/hate mods, and with that being right there, some may be deterred. 

On 5/8/2024 at 7:59 AM, UsernameTaken666 said:

How is it less “public” on discord than here? You have to create a profile, login, etc. Really?? Lol. Don’t use it then 

Discord demands a phone number for some people to even create a guest account.

If that were not the case, I would agree with you. Just create an account and login.

But that is not the case for the vast majority of people.

It is unfortunate that you see Discord as being a "public" space. Really unfortunate. Because that's far from reality.

On 5/7/2024 at 6:47 PM, Jordan_Dexter0 said:

Wonder how long it'll take to be public. 

It's already in a place that is as public as LL or NexusMods.

On 5/8/2024 at 1:17 PM, Martinbryce1 said:

Discord is a well known honeypot and not safe to interact with, especially in certain countries.  You may as well host it on Facebook.  Please post mirrors.   

Honeypot to catch who? And what for?

6 hours ago, Missy The Fox said:

I agree with Martinbryce1 on the mirrors, only supporting the install guides on discord is fine, even keeping the discord version up-to-date with mirrors being behind by a few days. but im on discord, if people see his message and assume discord is a horrible wasteland of trolls, hackers, and scammers, you'd be wrong. moderated discords are fine, and i assume AAF's has some moderators and admins, my excuse for mirrors is im over the 100 server limit because i had nitro for a while but needed to end it. so i cant join. 

i should mention, i only explain how discord is, because alot of people will just read last page reviews for latest reasons why people like/hate mods, and with that being right there, some may be deterred. 

Look at it from my perspective:

A) Tried hosting it on mod hosting platform. Result: Was ripped off by both platforms and users. Was not protected according to either law or even basic ethics.

B) Tried hosting it on a third party web site location. Result: People bitched and moaned constantly that they had to make a new login for something. Falsely accused me of farming their information, etc.

To summarize, I showed my good faith by trying these options before. And it just gave people an opening to shit on me and discourage me from working more on public mods at all. So, if you have a beef with where I've put the mod now, your beef is with the culprits listed in A and B above.

45 minutes ago, 13Sleet37 said:

Discord demands a phone number for some people to even create a guest account.

If that were not the case, I would agree with you. Just create an account and login.

But that is not the case for the vast majority of people.

It is unfortunate that you see Discord as being a "public" space. Really unfortunate. Because that's far from reality.

It's as public as LL or NexusMods.

And again, if anyone doesn't like where it's at, your beef is with the people who either caused issues directly or allowed them to happen. Take it up with them!

Posted (edited)

Is there any other place to download? Discord will not let me create an account without a phone #.

Edit: Sorry, should have read the thread. Never mind. Looking forward to the mod being available one day.

Edited by invisible_rodent
On 5/13/2024 at 7:40 PM, dagobaking said:

There are several reasons.

See previous posts in this thread for more details.

The several reasons being silly. I don't want to have to download Discord and register an account to download a damn mod. Adding "this has been discussed at length" doesn't give you a get out of jail free card for a wrong decision. Yeah your mod isn't strictly adult, who cares. You can host it in two places.

56 minutes ago, fembrosia said:

The several reasons being silly. I don't want to have to download Discord and register an account to download a damn mod. Adding "this has been discussed at length" doesn't give you a get out of jail free card for a wrong decision. Yeah your mod isn't strictly adult, who cares. You can host it in two places.

Lol. Then don’t. Jesus, entitlement is strong in some people.

1 hour ago, fembrosia said:

OMG! Talk about silly and sad beyond measure! Then don't download this FREE mod, stupid that you act as if YOU are put out because YOU cant get this FREE mod the way YOU want too.  Looks like you think it's all about you.  That's definitely not the case so either quit whining and follow the easy steps to get this FREE mod or go some where else and whine ............for FREE.  Unbelievable.