On 9/27/2020 at 2:48 AM, Tanglin said:

Is there anything I can do so that I don't have to open the console and use the slm 14 command to reapply the Skin Overide after every reload?

I developed a function to properly apply skin overrides during animations.  So this issue will be fixed in the next release of AAF.

10 hours ago, mikesolo1975 said:

hi

thanks for the great work and time.

whith the new update needed buffout 4 ?

i ask because in this mod is a lot de problems and ctd.

and i dont how install buffout 4 in the mod not install guide.

need help please.

thanks again for your amazing work.

Buffout 4 is not required. But, if you use multiple flash-based mods like AAF + VIS_G + SIM_SETTLEMENTS + Etc. then Buffout 4 can help prevent CTD. It also has some other optimizations that are helpful.

7 hours ago, mikesolo1975 said:

yes i am a little noob on modding.

buffout 4 is just install or i need do another thing  ?

thanks my friend

I'll admit it took me more than one try to get it working, mainly because I didn't read the requirements closely enough. I already had F4SE (obviously) and the plugin preloader, and worked out how to download/install the VC++ redsitributable, but initially missed the address library. The resulting logs weren't helpful so I retraced my steps and eventually realized what I'd overlooked.

53 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

I'll admit it took me more than one try to get it working, mainly because I didn't read the requirements closely enough. I already had F4SE (obviously) and the plugin preloader, and worked out how to download/install the VC++ redsitributable, but initially missed the address library. The resulting logs weren't helpful so I retraced my steps and eventually realized what I'd overlooked.

There's a DLL file we have to have? Where is it?

:O

45 minutes ago, VonHelton said:

There's a DLL file we have to have? Where is it?

:O

It's a manual download on the Files tab of the Buffout 4 page on Nexus, labelled TBB Redistributables 2020.3 which gives you an archive to unpack containing tbbmalloc.dll, drop that file (not the archive) into your game directory.

2 hours ago, mikesolo1975 said:

vaultbait they are 2 filles TBB Redistributables and buffout 4 .

the buffout 4 how install  ?

thanks and sorry

You should all really take your Buffout 4 questions up with the author of that mod, and not continue asking them here in the AAF support topic thread. Just because the AAF maintainers have recommended that mod doesn't mean they want to become its helpdesk.

Yes there are two downloads on the Buffout 4 page, one is the Buffout 4 mod itself which you should install with your mod manager, the other is the TBB Redistributables 2020.3 file which you need to manually download, unpack, and then copy the tbbmalloc.dll file from it into your Fallout 4 game directory.

17 hours ago, vaultbait said:

It's a manual download on the Files tab of the Buffout 4 page on Nexus, labelled TBB Redistributables 2020.3 which gives you an archive to unpack containing tbbmalloc.dll, drop that file (not the archive) into your game directory.

Good to know!

:thumbsup:

What does

disable_overlay_handling

in AAF_Setting.ini do exactly? (I.e. which "overlays" are meant here? UI? Those defined in XMLs for actors?)

I tried to use it in order to be able to see dialogue lines said by NPC's around (subtitles), but AAF seems to suppress them regardless. And if this isn't the way to go, what is? (if there even is an option to configure AAF in such a way)

On 10/5/2020 at 12:34 PM, Operand said:

What does

disable_overlay_handling

in AAF_Setting.ini do exactly? (I.e. which "overlays" are meant here? UI? Those defined in XMLs for actors?)

I tried to use it in order to be able to see dialogue lines said by NPC's around (subtitles), but AAF seems to suppress them regardless. And if this isn't the way to go, what is? (if there even is an option to configure AAF in such a way)

It is for LooksMenu skin overlays like tattoos, etc.  If that setting is set to true then those types of overlays will not be copied onto the player body double during animations.  It's really just for troubleshooting.

On 10/1/2020 at 2:57 AM, mikesolo1975 said:

DAGOBAKING AND VAULTBAIT  I m sorry for the trouble. 

And thanks so much my friends. 

Your new.... mistakes are understood. :D 

On 10/5/2020 at 5:22 AM, Botis5670 said:

Hey all, new to manually modding and just wanted to know, when I install the aaf themes, do I extract to my data folder or into aaf? Probably a moronic question, but I'd greatly appreciate an answer ?

Use a mod manager like Vortex or Mod Organizer, unless EXPRESSLY INSTRUCTED OTHERWISE BY THE AUTOR.   This is a general rule for all Bethesda based Fallout and TES mods (Skyrim and Oblivion)  The author will give express instructions if there is any requirement for the installation.  In your case, that would be manually installing and that is frowned on by almost all mod authors that cater to the above games.  Sometimes .. like with a guide I have created .. you will be told to create a folder and  extract to that folder all the components etc then compress and use a mod manager, but.. as you can easily see. you end up using a mod manager in the end even then. (SCR Resources Tutorial is the guide I am referencing. It is for Sexout (Fallout NV mod)

1 hour ago, cowhippo said:

Nevermind.. Covered elsewhere. :D