[FONV] CBBE - Bodyslide port alpha - UPDATE 18 mar 2018

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/1/2018 at 12:43 AM, albmunmu said:

Im having an issue with the mod, I followed all instructions and installed the latest textures listed in the main post.

Yet my game is looking like this:

Untitled.thumb.png.89a10193fbac2ebc7ee5b8fbe2b80be2.png

Can anyone guide me on what I am doing wrong? I already activated and deactivated Archive Invalidation a bunch of times too...

Also when building the bodies I am getting an error on WC3FCBBE-NVb file, so I had to deactivate that checkbox to make the tool work. Is this the issue? Why am I the only one with this issue? :(

Capture.thumb.PNG.4291d4477dabed98902fd6cde76f526c.PNG

i get the same issue here how to solve it :(

On 7/1/2018 at 12:43 AM, albmunmu said:

Im having an issue with the mod, I followed all instructions and installed the latest textures listed in the main post.

Yet my game is looking like this:

Untitled.thumb.png.89a10193fbac2ebc7ee5b8fbe2b80be2.png

Can anyone guide me on what I am doing wrong? I already activated and deactivated Archive Invalidation a bunch of times too...

Also when building the bodies I am getting an error on WC3FCBBE-NVb file, so I had to deactivate that checkbox to make the tool work. Is this the issue? Why am I the only one with this issue? :(

Capture.thumb.PNG.4291d4477dabed98902fd6cde76f526c.PNG

i get the same issue here how to solve it :(

Good news! I'm working on this again with brand new conversion references I'm making in OS. When I feel like they are all looking and working well, I will give them to A.J. to include with the mod. If things go really well, I plan on converting some of the more popular mods for CBBE-NV (with permissions as needed).

Sorry to double post but I need to say this.

I understand why and how it happens...but Eff the reference models that are in the NIFs. I've been spooked by them in the game more than once because this dunce forgot he only hid them instead of deleting them. So I had to double check the double check..

1 hour ago, Svartr564 said:

Sorry to double post but I need to say this.

I understand why and how it happens...but Eff the reference models that are in the NIFs. I've been spooked by them in the game more than once because this dunce forgot he only hid them instead of deleting them. So I had to double check the double check..

problem is, you didn't say what was/is happening. And what is "Eff" ?

4 hours ago, A.J. said:

problem is, you didn't say what was/is happening. And what is "Eff" ?

Sorry, if you load a complete NIF into OS it comes with the reference model used for it. And, for some unholy reason, the skin texture that is used in this BS is completely monstrous on any other model. You get nipples around their hips and the texture for the neckhole in the very center of their chests.
So, if you don't delete it while making the conversion, it lurks unseen and it loads over the base body, and because you usually hit "Conform All" so that everything conforms to their nearest aplicable sliders, you might inadvertedly be left with a skinsuit that modifies itself to you preset.
And it is extremely unsettling changing your character or an NPC into a swimsuit and finding out their chests look like a Barbie-doll's, their nipples on their hips and their buttcrack on their upper back.

And I'm unaware and unwilling to find out the mods tolerance to profanity, so Eff stands for F---.

So, in short, save often, double-check your double-checks and keep trying.

Also, don't know if this is just me beign ignorant or if it might come in handy to someone else, but:

If you get a lot of cliping after you try your presets and thickening the mesh keeps looking all lumpy and still has small clippings, try using the add vertex tool to reinforce the mesh.

Since the sliders work by applying "pressure" on every vertex, the more you distribute your "weight", the less you have to thicken the mesh. It really helps to keep those skin-tight outfits skin-tight.

54 minutes ago, Svartr564 said:

And, for some unholy reason, the skin texture that is used in this BS is completely monstrous on any other model.

As mentioned in the description, it uses a "different UV". It's how models and textures work. If you ever played Skyrim, it's like UNP and CBBE.

42 minutes ago, A.J. said:

As mentioned in the description, it uses a "different UV". It's how models and textures work. If you ever played Skyrim, it's like UNP and CBBE.

It's not just the UV, the whole DDS is different. Or maybe I'm missunderstanding something.

Anyway, the fact remains that I need to convert every last piece of female armor and clothing in my meshes file, for my own sanity if nothing else.

The good thing is that, if I do that, and I also finish converting the SCR objects to CBBE and BodySlider, maybe I can share something with this community and not just be another lurker.

Should probably ask permission for a lot of them, but maybe I can share the older ones.

Just finished converting the Bunnysuits mentioned in the SCR thread. Tested them on a rather cartoonish preset and they worked ok.

image.thumb.png.53fd34fe2927a062170494e8718865d4.pngOk, there's the CBBE body on the right and the mesh that came with the NIF, it's a T6 according to the mod I got it from.
You see how the texture map is all messed up on the T6?

image.thumb.png.c060fbfca27bad64ddbe316a3e254dd7.pngThis is the UV map of the CBBE mesh. It's the texture map the mesh takes out of the DDS file on the texture folder. As you can see, it's adjusted perfectly.

image.thumb.png.efd4e9d3f4d55e4e4a5f55075a3253e5.pngAnd this abomination is the UV map for the T6 body that came with this mesh. It's clear that this map is optimized to use a diferent DDS file.

If you are not careful, you might end up adding this skinsuit to your finished conversion, which will almost invariably clip through because you most likely just hid it to work around it and so you didn't adjust it to the rest of the outfit.

Yes that's a different UV, as I was saying. What's the name of the mesh you're using in the picture, the one which contains that Arms.007? So I can inspect the file

EDIT: Wait, I've read it better, " it's a T6 according to the mod I got it from. You see how the texture map is all messed up on the T6?" - Yes, it is intended, that's how the game works. When you do a conversion, you must replace the part of the T6 body with a part of CBBE body.

I know, I've done some conversions already, but sometimes, after I've done a whole bunch of them and start getting complacent, I find to my horror that I only hid the old body mesh.

Sorry if it came out like I was ranting, it was a midnight post after I had spent the whole day converting clothes from CES.

And the mesh I was converting was from the T6 CH Raider Armor by Izumiko.

I am going to keep working on conversion references that will make things much easier to convert, so you might want to hold off on those conversions a bit. What body type to you convert most so I can work on it?

And please do share your conversions! You can either upload them here or in this thread. If A.J. doesn't mind I mean.

Like I said, I use the CBBE body that AJ put at the beginning of the thread.

I've been using a slightly cartoonish, that is to say exaggeratedly curvy, preset for two reasons.

First and foremost, because I like it.

Second, and the more "socially acceptable answer", is that if I can get them working on such an exaggerated preset, then more moderate people won't have as much clipping.

That said I didn't max out every slider or combo, so your mileage might vary.

What I meant was what body types do you convert to CBBE from? Like what clothing/armor mods do you want to convert/see converted and what are some of the more common FNV bodies? I can build conversion references that will help with all.

Here's a vid showing what I mean-