[FONV] CBBE - Bodyslide port alpha - UPDATE 18 mar 2018

Ah. I'm mostly using the ones that came with BNB Armors, a few that I found here on LL, and CES, besides some vanilla replacements that just didn't mesh well with me.
Some are for Dimonized, a few are T3 and some are T6. A couple of Cali have popped up but I really got no idea from where I got it from.

image.thumb.png.e964170958f4ca649236ade6273f63e3.png

I'm about halfway done with the armor folder.

What I dread the most is all the wearable sextoys in SCR. I actually had to retexture a couple of them, because, all due respect, some of the textures chosen where blindingly bright.

1 hour ago, KoolHndLuke said:

The large breasts of BnB and those like it are still a bit distorted when shrinking them to base CBBE. It's hard to get real close with the current sliders.

I'll test them tomorrow.

And I've found it easier to do by shrinking the whole mesh with the Scale option in the Shape menu. Just untick the box that sincronizes all movements.

I usually shrink the mesh along the Y-axis first, bring it up a bit then shrink it along the X-axis to get as close as posible to the CBBE reference mesh.

Then you just touch it up a bit, the Smooth brush helps a lot and the Move brush does too. Since the Move brush only works on a 2D axis, dependant on your view, it really helps to smooth things out. And on the stretched line you can add further vertexes to help smooth the curvature.

Edit: Hang on, I just checked the Drive you shared. That's for changing the outfits from CBBE to BNB? Or is it the other way round?

Here's how I usually go about with the BNB Armor outfits.

image.thumb.png.12b8184e105e1a904ee2906e8a62873a.pngFirst I erase the old model and hide the meatbits. They just muddy things up in my eyes.

image.thumb.png.3115baa2fc63a24f462981b7fb0d51de.pngThen I change the chest piece or the full outfit in cases like this to the wireframe.

image.thumb.png.7ed3a1c9e5a42b4594024f71eefea281.pngThen I twist the mesh to one side or the other and go to Scale.

image.thumb.png.7cbca86de27fa5394d3d8a4636372ee9.pngUn-tick that Uniform (XYZ) box, shrink along the axis so I'm close enough to the reference body.

image.thumb.png.77cb46c9168fe4ad5bbb319aa13a98ff.pngI tidy up the mesh a bit so I can shrink it again, this time along the X-Axis.

image.thumb.png.58a049d72a0873363013a449dbc2565c.pngI fill it in with broad strokes and then just use the Move brush to touch it up.

image.thumb.png.ef29f631da0720fb8ff65e7991a02b09.pngAnd there you go. A fairly serviceable, fairly quick conversion from BNB to CBBE. Of course, this is just for the vanilla CBBE, no Sliders moved yet, so I have to check the "stress points" that are usually less than reinforced and add a few vertexes to the mesh, but that's how I've done most of my conversions from BNB to CBBE.

It ran...but it gives me no texture for the body.

So I think I have to manually select the texture for it.

image.thumb.png.aefc7054cbd41bf30b334b6bf747ec54.png

Ah, I see the problem.

image.thumb.png.cde634abf8c13f70d20118083e9498f8.pngYour model looks for a folder called cbbefo4 for the texture. And since I have the texture straight in the female folder, it didn't find anything.

23 minutes ago, Svartr564 said:

Your model looks for a folder called cbbefo4 for the texture. And since I have the texture straight in the female folder, it didn't find anything.

Yeah, just disregard anything I said about conversion references since I can't seem to get them to work. If you save that project after conforming sliders, BS will fatal exception and close every time you try to open it. I'm not sure if I did something wrong or if BS is just being a bitch.

27 minutes ago, Svartr564 said:

It worked just fine over here.

image.thumb.png.a330186c7b168f0d19d535a2115aa868.png

Maybe it's the chosen path for the output.

Also, to save you time so you don't have to create a middle-man before adding the Sliders, just Add Project and Add the CBBE-NV osd.
That's what I did.

That's good news. Thanks. :)

What version of BodySlide are you using? It looks different than mine.

It's the one on AJ's link at the beginning of this thread.

BodySlide for FO4 on Nexus.

I modified it a bit, just putting in the correct pathway to load the texture without me having to input it manually every time I try to use it.

I'm gonna go to sleep now, but I'll keep you posted on any significant thing that happens.

44 minutes ago, Svartr564 said:

Hey, maybe stupid question but I'd feel like more of an idiot if I didn't ask it.

Do I need the Bouncing Natural Breasts esp active in the load order if I use CBBE?

Or can I untick it and save myself some memory?

Yes. Because it's in your save. No, starting a new game I think. Never tried it. Generally it's a bad idea to deactivate or uninstall a mod (esp.) once you've started a game with that load order. May not cause problems at first, but later your game might start glitching. That's what I've always heard anyway. A.J. could tell you for sure.

if I remember well, that esp contains only few new clothes, not the vanilla replacers, I think they are located in Victor shack or something like that

personally I never had issues in removing mods from FO3/NV, the game should clean residuals when you save on a new slot. There are few exceptions like mods that make some operations using vanilla functions, like disabling an object via script, they would require a specific script to re-enable it before uninstalling or that object will remain disabled. But I don't think there's many mods with a destructive behaviour like this.

Said that, I tend to not make many changes in load order to mods that have a lot of scripting anyway, like moving their index etc.

35 minutes ago, A.J. said:

Said that, I tend to not make many changes in load order to mods that have a lot of scripting anyway, like moving their index etc.

Well, I sure would have liked to know that a few hours back. Now I gotta restart again.

Idiot me started messing around things mortals are not meant to: That is to say that I tried using FNVEdit to clean my plug ins because LOOT said so, and, because I couldn't leave well enough alone, I ran the conflict detector and moved things around until I got the least amount of conflict.

Which meant moving YUP and other various plug ins.

Heavy ones.

I guess I'll be seeing Doc Mitchell again soon.

Joy.

8 hours ago, Svartr564 said:

Well, I sure would have liked to know that a few hours back.

Oh but it's not mandatory, i just decided to be a lil more careful. Scripts are not baked, with a clean save you should be quite good. I just noticed that when some mods reindex some scripts act a lil weird. Since another long time scripter had the same weird experiences and feelings, I took this habit and I really avoided many headaches.

If it was Skyrim or FO4... never, I never touch my LO, eventually I add mods, or disable them in MCM, but I never remove them or reindex. Then there's always the few exceptions here and there, when I more or less can foresee the consequences, but when it's mods I don't know much I tend to not mess too much with them.

Hey guys, got a sliiiiight problem here.
Because I had to change my Steam folder out of the Program Files, ALL the texture paths are fucked.

Anyone know if there's an efficient way to repath them? Or do I need to go over them one by one?

EDIT: Ignore this, I am an idiot. I placed the reference on the Fallout folder instead of the Data one. So it had no textures it could load.

• 2 weeks later...

A.J., I know it says it's not fully compatible with BodyMorph in the OP so I'm not gonna ask: is it?

What I was wondering is: How compatible is it?

As I understand it, BodyMorph is kinda necessary for some of the breeder stuff, and, if my understanding of how it works is not too crap, it can also be used to modify specific body areas on one character, ie: making the PC bustier without making the rest of the Mojave into a walking ad for chronic back pain.

Is the Skeleton compatible with said morphs?

23 minutes ago, Svartr564 said:

A.J., I know it says it's not fully compatible with BodyMorph in the OP so I'm not gonna ask: is it?

What I was wondering is: How compatible is it?

As I understand it, BodyMorph is kinda necessary for some of the breeder stuff, and, if my understanding of how it works is not too crap, it can also be used to modify specific body areas on one character, ie: making the PC bustier without making the rest of the Mojave into a walking ad for chronic back pain.

Is the Skeleton compatible with said morphs?

CBBE should be compatible. It was also the only body whose lowerbody was working as intended.

But I can't talk about breeder: last time I checked it wasn't using bodymorph, but maybe things changed later.

4 hours ago, A.J. said:

CBBE should be compatible. It was also the only body whose lowerbody was working as intended.

But I can't talk about breeder: last time I checked it wasn't using bodymorph, but maybe things changed later.

Thanks, maybe I didn't understand it correctly, something about mutations kinda spooked me.

And I'll try it. Worst-case scenario, I just won't save and uninstall it.

And, hate to be that guy but, any word on the High Heels for CBBE?

Worst scenario is you don't see the morphs, but it won't cause downsides like crashes etc.

I made the HH script so that it could work on cbbe too, but I found something in the function that doesn't allow me to do it. I wrote to JazzIsParis to see if it's a limit of the function and if it's doable.

Worked like a charm, and now I got my little baby-faced shortstack sociopath that shouldn't be able to sneak anywhere because her thighs keep clapping.

Let's face it: Every RPG playable character is a sociopath, even if the cutscenes want to make you think otherwise, they all loot everything to the bedrock and slaughter enough mooks that they'd be up there with the greatest mass murderers ever.

• 1 month later...
On 9/21/2020 at 3:52 AM, TheMultiBrony21 said:

So I installed the mod, but I have the weird body texture issues and I have zero idea on how to check the invalidation thing. I use Vortex and Mod Organizer 2.

Are you trying to use both mod managers at the same time ? You should pick one or the other in MO2 it's in your profiles options, I have no idea about Vortex as I don't use it.

Also I've looked all over this topic and saw no mention of category sliders for Bodyslide for this mod to put the sliders for belly under belly etc.... So I took to making my own as I had trouble navigating through the sliders to find one's for certain body parts without lots of scrolling.

In case anybody wants it you'll need to place it Bodyslide CBBE NV\Tools\Bodyslide\SliderCategories

You may need to make this folder if it doesn't exist in your directory

CBBE Body.xml

On 9/24/2020 at 8:22 PM, Rebel Marauder said:

Are you trying to use both mod managers at the same time ? You should pick one or the other in MO2 it's in your profiles options, I have no idea about Vortex as I don't use it.

Also I've looked all over this topic and saw no mention of category sliders for Bodyslide for this mod to put the sliders for belly under belly etc.... So I took to making my own as I had trouble navigating through the sliders to find one's for certain body parts without lots of scrolling.

In case anybody wants it you'll need to place it Bodyslide CBBE NV\Tools\Bodyslide\SliderCategories

You may need to make this folder if it doesn't exist in your directory

CBBE Body.xml 5.03 kB · 0 downloads

Alrighty, thanks.