[FONV] CBBE - Bodyslide port alpha - UPDATE 18 mar 2018

I was thinking I should go into nifskope, and hiding those caps in there, so I don't see them, and yet, keep them in. Off to research that, now. I am deleting the caps, but only from my Fallout NV game, and only on armor/clothing I know that I will be only using the stuff. The rest, I think I will just leave as is. That is the stuff I will find say in containers, that are provided by the mod author.

Hi

First of all, thank you for making Cbbe for fallout 3 / new vegas

I am trying to put fair skin texture with my cbbe mesh.

I am having a hard time figuring what to rename or not

I have 4 files againts three for fallout so i leave out the s file.

What is breaking is the msn vs n ? do i have to rename it also or only one file ?

Thank you for the assistance

17 hours ago, tuxagent7 said:

Hi

First of all, thank you for making Cbbe for fallout 3 / new vegas

I am trying to put fair skin texture with my cbbe mesh.

I am having a hard time figuring what to rename or not

I have 4 files againts three for fallout so i leave out the s file.

What is breaking is the msn vs n ? do i have to rename it also or only one file ?

Thank you for the assistance

These are the three you need to rename (in your textures folder as an overwrite). Note that when you put on clothing/armor that hasn't been converted, the body will use non-CBBE textures. But, converting is pretty easy once you get the hang of it.

This is just to show you. You will rename your diffuse to "upperbodyfemale.dds".

Screenshot (204).png

• 4 weeks later...

Srry if this is annoying question to reply to, but how do i apply the cbbe body to like different races, i have a race called moon shadow race which is just a conversion of the oblivion race for new vegas and i have the daughters of ares race how do i change their body shapes using the cbbe bodyslide; another thing i like to ask for help is getting certain armor style using cbbe for T6M, T3, and Bouncing/BNB armor.

43 minutes ago, JerichoAzariah said:

Srry if this is annoying question to reply to, but how do i apply the cbbe body to like different races, i have a race called moon shadow race which is just a conversion of the oblivion race for new vegas and i have the daughters of ares race how do i change their body shapes using the cbbe bodyslide

I explain you in case you have some basics of modding, without those maybe it could seem complicated.

To change the body of a custom race, you can make in two ways:

- check the files included in the custom race mod archive, some will point to some subfolder of \data\meshes. These are probably the bodies (femaleupperbody.nif), you could generate bodyslide naked bodies (which go in the vanilla default path \meshes\characters\_male) and copy them over those of the race.

- modify the esp of the mod and change the path of the bodies in the RACE record. You can do it both with GECK or xEdit. Here's a picture with xEdit of where is the record, picking a random Caucasian race.race.jpg

HOWEVER: this is valid only for naked bodies, because armors will always go on the vanilla paths. Daughters of Ares is a different case because it has a script which changes the armor on the fly. For example, you equip a vanilla leather armor and the script immediately replaces it with its custom T6M made for DoA. So basically DoA contains on its package a conversion of all the vanilla armors, you can generate your armors in bodyslide and then manually overwrite them, quite a chore for sure.

"another thing i like to ask for help is getting certain armor style using cbbe for T6M, T3, and Bouncing/BNB armor"

Do you mean you would like to use for example a specific model of armor which is for T6M/T3/etc. but for CBBE? well that would require a conversion, Outfit Studio allows you to do it on your own, there are many guides around for example on youtube

OK, i took a look at where the moonshadow is archived and a look inside, but it seems it only uses just meshes for the head and no files that is related to changing the body for this race, so i would need to use xedit to link the the moonshadow esp to a certain race type, right?

Edit: aaaracetest.esp, what exactly is that, how is this supposed to be manually installed for the bodyslide?

what is "the skeleton beta" is it the same as the apple jam's skeleton file?

On 9/18/2019 at 1:09 AM, JerichoAzariah said:

OK, i took a look at where the moonshadow is archived and a look inside, but it seems it only uses just meshes for the head and no files that is related to changing the body for this race, so i would need to use xedit to link the the moonshadow esp to a certain race type, right?

Edit: aaaracetest.esp, what exactly is that, how is this supposed to be manually installed for the bodyslide?

what is "the skeleton beta" is it the same as the apple jam's skeleton file?

well no, if they use the vanilla path then it should already use Bodyslide files too.

aaaracetest is a small script I made those days to check if there was something causing issues with races in game, but it's for texture issues and not something for you.

skeleton beta - It was a patch I made for some xilandro's mods, but someone reported that the pipboy was messing so I removed it. I didn't notice that it remained on the bottom of the description, thanks for pointing me there. You can use AppleJam skeleton instead

ty for da info; fallout 3 and new vegas feel so much harder to set things right. Compared to fallout 4 or skyrim which feels like alot of modders during this time are actually doing extensive work to get things compatible for the game plus the games being a little bit more friendly to modding(my opinion); some of the more popular mods as well, the lay out of fallout 3 and new vegas feel a bit unstable for some parts and a good portion of the mods that are currently available to fallout 3 and new vegas feel like they have been un-kept or un-maintained for so long that most were classed as abandon or obsolete, many other apparently still holding onto bugs even after this many years since both the games were out.

I've been using vortex since nexus swapped out their first mod manger out for this newer one(though i feel more comfortable using nexus mod manger just cause it feels more organized then vortex current lay out), i was also told that vortex hold some sorta management that helps things a little better with the older games like fallout 3 and new vegas, though i am not exactly sure what makes it operate easier within vortex compared to nexus mod manager.

Still feel like such a noob when it come down to working with mod with older system or having to manually work the mods into the older base games.

6 hours ago, JerichoAzariah said:

I hear you, and I agree. I believe FONV had too little "work force" compared to other games, or when there was some good activity there was not enough possibilities (in terms of modding) to achieve results. If today there would be a good pool of modders, for how powerful is the scripting I can assure you that you could really make amazing things. Me, I have so many ideas and proofs of concept and I never realize a mod with them because the work behind is just too much to afford for me, I still hope one day more people will join but usually it happens the contrary - the more the time passes, the less possibilities there are.

i mean we had that team from "project brazil" that made the new california mod, but when i was trying it out, every now and then i kept coming to a halt do to the game crashing; and the main answer that they provided for this problems was to save often, which i felt like this was to lazy, i mean its a very great mod but because of so many areas crashing do to unstable condition it is in, it gives a impression of dissatisfaction.

There are few mods i like cause they look like a lot of work has been put into them, but as you said; as time pass the less likely chance for further work or modding to be done within a targeted game, which i also feel like that the modding team that is trying to pull fallout new vegas into the fallout 4 is trying to make a "remastered" version for it by using the engine of fallout 4 to let people relieve the good moments that new vegas brought, but if it doesn't properly taken care of or just get left in a beta state, so many people who had hopes of relieving new vegas would fall in disappointment.

I mean for god sake bethesda made their games to be a damn sandbox for their community to do some amazing modding, but for them to try and "tax" the contents that belongs to the modders and claim it as their own is just wrong, i mean they own the game but not the mod itself, if they did own it they would've had it as a DLC or a content that was purchasable on their site, and because of this power play they tried to employ a good number of modders stopped modding for their games(though some of them came back once bethesda's idea was completely stopped).

But now they are trying to make games that would be "illegal" to modify since they aimed for something that aren't going to act like a sandbox type game, like elder scroll online or fallout 76 (<--- fucking game was terrible literally no interesting NPC that the community could get attached to or anything like that)

• 4 weeks later...

A bit offtopic, but I have a problem with BodyMorph Selector. I installed CBBE, and all the requirements including skeleton, but when I try to change a size of any morph, it won't do anything. I can scroll up and down, and I can't left and right.
I'm using MO2, so maybe it's up to this or some confict, IDK. The textures on naked body 's okay, skeleton works in game, outfits from Bodyslide work, etc.

1 hour ago, Nevermind1337 said:

A bit offtopic, but I have a problem with BodyMorph Selector. I installed CBBE, and all the requirements including skeleton, but when I try to change a size of any morph, it won't do anything. I can scroll up and down, and I can't left and right.
I'm using MO2, so maybe it's up to this or some confict, IDK. The textures on naked body 's okay, skeleton works in game, outfits from Bodyslide work, etc.

If you can't Left / Right, I think it's about the skeleton, I'd try to reinstall this over everything:

To make an experiment, try an "easy" node, like Pelvis. If still doesn't work, would you mind to post a pic with the menu opened please?

17 hours ago, A.J. said:

If you can't Left / Right, I think it's about the skeleton, I'd try to reinstall this over everything:

To make an experiment, try an "easy" node, like Pelvis. If still doesn't work, would you mind to post a pic with the menu opened please?

Yeah, I've been pasting this skeleton of urs in my mods' folder countless times. Maybe some mod 's breaking scripts, idk. Skeleton.png.ba153810f11f3b3ac9c5b99496cfc3d3.pngFalloutNV.exe_DX9_20191022_141054.bmp1766309938_enb2019_10_2217_10_54_64.png.e9e539fa0bef20cb0592637f3b48e824.png

OK this will give us a good hint, let's see if this work. Go in game, in third person, better if naked, open the console and write TFC, then close the console.

This will enable the flycam. Move it so that you can see your character well. Reopen the console and write:

Player.PlayIdle BoMoBreasts120

It should answer that it plays the animation, with a full path written. So then close the console and see if the breast will become bigger.

Re-open and write:

Player.PlayIdle BoMoBreasts070

it should become smaller

(and 100 is the normal size)

Nevermind, I just though that probably's easier than we think... You lack NX (NVSE EXTENDER), which is one of the requisites of BodyMorph. Am I right?

1 hour ago, A.J. said:

OK this will give us a good hint, let's see if this work. Go in game, in third person, better if naked, open the console and write TFC, then close the console.

This will enable the flycam. Move it so that you can see your character well. Reopen the console and write:

It should answer that it plays the animation, with a full path written. So then close the console and see if the breast will become bigger.

Re-open and write:

it should become smaller

Nevermind, I just though that probably's easier than we think... You lack NX (NVSE EXTENDER), which is one of the requisites of BodyMorph. Am I right?

..... ofc nope. Look at the screen of my MO2, in the top right corner. 

1 hour ago, A.J. said:

Re-open and write:

it should become smaller

Well well well, it really worked. So it's about some scripts, not skeleton. Will these values save if I configure the proportions thru console at least?

nx (nvse extender), it's a plugin for nvse. If you check in bodymorph page, under requisites, you'll find a link on where to download it.

EDIT: yes it's about script, because bodymorph uses some functions from nx, so it can't do its job without it.

6 minutes ago, A.J. said:

nx (nvse extender), it's a plugin for nvse. If you check in bodymorph page, under requisites, you'll find a link on where to download it.

EDIT: yes it's about script, because bodymorph uses some functions from nx, so it can't do its job without it.

Daaaaaaaaamn son, I mistook this NX for an ordinary (at some exnent) NVSE. Thank U kindly for ur claryfying.

• 2 weeks later...

The visual issue in your previous pic, I think the issue is more on the skeleton you are using in game, it's not much bodyslide related. Some mods can overwrite it, but if your load order is so little then it shouldn't be your case

• 3 weeks later...