[FONV] CBBE - Bodyslide port alpha - UPDATE 18 mar 2018

I am so going to miss that sexy leather armor from the T3 Body. I never could find another body conversion mod that made it look that good. Do you know if there are semi-slutty alternatives to these outfits. Like your every day hoe like me, but apocalyptic, like the T3 version. Idk. This mod certainly does more than enough to make up for that little tidbit though. Everything looks so amazing in Bodyslide. I don't get these seams people talk about. I'm not experiencing anything but total and utter perfection.

17 minutes ago, Lynche6669 said:

I am so going to miss that sexy leather armor from the T3 Body. I never could find another body conversion mod that made it look that good. Do you know if there are semi-slutty alternatives to these outfits. Like your every day hoe like me, but apocalyptic, like the T3 version. Idk. This mod certainly does more than enough to make up for that little tidbit though. Everything looks so amazing in Bodyslide. I don't get these seams people talk about. I'm not experiencing anything but total and utter perfection.

Here you can find a lot of other conversions, or you can convert your favorite T3 or whatever outfits to BodySlide using OutfitStudio.

4 hours ago, Svartr564 said:

Here you can find a lot of other conversions, or you can convert your favorite T3 or whatever outfits to BodySlide using OutfitStudio.

Omg thank you. The middle one is actually exactly what I was looking for in a leather armor replacer really. I appreciate that.

35 minutes ago, Lynche6669 said:

I'm having a problem where textures...are just beign weird. Idk, maybe it's the meshes. But the sleeves on some of the dresses are all screwed up. Just, the longer I play, the more weird buggy crap I'm seeing with these outfits.

Did you mix different armor replacers? do you have an example and a pic?

4 hours ago, Lynche6669 said:

Oh gosh now my Reinforced Leather Armor is clipping all over after building it in bodyslide with a different shape. Like wtf is going on here? Is the CBBE Conversions on the Nexus? Are they incompatible with this one somehow? I don't get it. This is the glitchiest set of conversions, I don't even know if they can be called conversions, they're just a crap load of broken osd files that have manipulated beyond repair.

Ok, fixing the clipping is actually very simple.
Load the osd in OutfitStudio and check it. If everything appears covered just select all pieces except for the body reference, it should be CBBE highlighted on green, then right click and select Copy Bone Weights.
Then just click Ok and let it run.
Then go to the Sliders tab and select Conform All and click ok on the window that pops up.
Now save the changes and try to build it again.
It should work now.

Another fix, if your armor shows no skin, is to just open the outfit with OutfitStudio, select Save as and make sure the "Copy reference shape" box is unticked.

Let me know if it helped.

I gave a bull**** bug report. (If it can even be called more than whining) My bad. I forgot I downloaded the mod for conversions on the Nexus over this one, and on that page's description it says use the "base files" from *this* mod here. I think I messed it up bad. Damn. And I custom tailored each Bodyslide outfit. Do you think if I correct my mistake I can still use my backed up Bodyslide data after I reinstall these properly? or will the data have mismatched meshes like it appears now?

9 hours ago, A.J. said:

Did you mix different armor replacers? do you have an example and a pic?

You nailed it A.J.. I certainly did. I was supposed to, but I wasn't supposed to use ALLLLLL the files from this mod. Just hoping I can sort this now. Thank the gods for Vortex for giving me a verbose report about how these two mods work together. Daaaamn I am loving the new Vortex features for Vegas. I knew I did something wrong, otherwise I would have found users on here with the pics. probably. lol. No wonder the zap sliders weren't working. I'm using the wrong files.

On 12/2/2020 at 9:27 PM, Svartr564 said:

Ok, fixing the clipping is actually very simple.
Load the osd in OutfitStudio and check it. If everything appears covered just select all pieces except for the body reference, it should be CBBE highlighted on green, then right click and select Copy Bone Weights.
Then just click Ok and let it run.
Then go to the Sliders tab and select Conform All and click ok on the window that pops up.
Now save the changes and try to build it again.
It should work now.

Another fix, if your armor shows no skin, is to just open the outfit with OutfitStudio, select Save as and make sure the "Copy reference shape" box is unticked.

Let me know if it helped.

Just when I had exhausted everything I FUCKING FIXED IT! I thought it would never work. That's what the NV modding experience is for most people I know, watching the standards bar drop at lightning speed. Wow, what an insane modding experience this must be for the modder if it's such a roller coaster for the guinea pigs.

But the clipping solution of yours worked. As for the ridiculous buggy textures, I went over to a trash Asus Sonicmaster I let my nieces play with some idiot abandoned in my shop when I said I couldn't fix it (well I ended up fixing it) and tried installing NV on it and using it to test some dumpster fires I was considering adding to the mod-bonepile. Well, I got it all set up, sure enough, 6 hours of testing and the textures whacked out. I decided to use Vortex. Turns out it's without any shadow of doubt the number 1 New Vegas tool in my box. It detected something fishy right away after I got this all set up and allowed me manage the vanilla bodyslide files and the texture files from this mod with Bodyslide and Outfit Studio specified as the master file (weird huh?). So I did so. I wasn't sure exactly what good that would do. I thought that sounded redundant. So I let Vortex do it. Took me clicking on each file in a Vortex submenu to choose only Bodyslide OS as the grand overwriter. And BOOM! Now everything works awesome. Wow. Adding this to my testing team's working list. Expect more downloads.

Now to go to do the copy weight thing...on every outfit...one at a time. Cause just about every single one has a micro-clip here or there, and it's making wanna shove a pen in my eye socket. It must be perfect. 

Thank you so much, guys. Wonderful confusing mess of awesome genuis creative artistic marvelous miserable tragic beautiful work. 

After a lot more testing, I found that that the Fallout New Vegas Character Overhaul was causing the bulk of my problems with this port. It seems to break the body midgame and requires a midgame reinstallation of this body port over and over again throughout the playthrough to keep it stable, and that is weird to me. I am very curious how in the world a body's textures (or maybe the meshes too) could break mid-game. I would love to know more, but I'm kind of in the dark here. 

Just finished testing nearly all of the ports listed here. The KC port is my favourite, absolute fav. I missed wearing those Tough Girl Jeans from Fallout 3. I love the Tee version even more now. So cool that I can wear it with my favourite holster mod, as well as a thong to have that string showing just a bit, AND another gun on my left hip for aesthetic purposes. That's so cool. I've missed these mix and match clothing ideas. All I had to do to fix tiny clipping things after setting it up with my custom preset sets is do some bone weight copying and conforming and boom, this is beautiufl. Thank you all so much for these ports. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/11/2020 at 11:58 AM, Svartr564 said:

@Lynche6669

Holy crap you're a dream worker. Anything you can do about the Honest Hearts DLC? There is a conversion above for the Honest Hearts DLCs but it causes rampant CTDs near the "Sorrows Camp" and ridiculous shader glitches with the bodies, also the outfits for the White Legs dissapear and reapear. I had to leave the Honest Hearts outfits Vanilla to make it playable, but every other CBBE Conversion seems to work flawlessly. 

I'm having issues with the CBBE body and bodyslide, I had it working before but there where some weirdness with texture seems so I started messing around with my mods and bodyslide, eventually I stated getting this problem and I'm not sure how to fix it. I've even tried uninstalling and re-installing
new vegas and I still get the problem. Any ideas how I can fix it? I'm pretty sure I've built to something I wasn't supposed to with bodyslide.

Spoiler

3 hours ago, GDLK neroC said:

I'm having issues with the CBBE body and bodyslide, I had it working before but there where some weirdness with texture seems so I started messing around with my mods and bodyslide, eventually I stated getting this problem and I'm not sure how to fix it. I've even tried uninstalling and re-installing
new vegas and I still get the problem. Any ideas how I can fix it? I'm pretty sure I've built to something I wasn't supposed to with bodyslide.

im having this exact issue and havent found any way to fix it

19 hours ago, GDLK neroC said:

16 hours ago, hihithere said:

im having this exact issue and havent found any way to fix it

Ok. This is actually a pretty common mistake. Make sure you download the skeleton file from here and that you install it as indicated in the first post of the thread.

That fixes the infinity crotch bug.

2 hours ago, Svartr564 said:

Ok. This is actually a pretty common mistake. Make sure you download the skeleton file from here and that you install it as indicated in the first post of the thread.

That fixes the infinity crotch bug.

I've got the apple jam skeleton, I guess it's not building with it properly? I'll try and mess with my install order I guess

On 12/26/2020 at 12:50 AM, GDLK neroC said:

I've got the apple jam skeleton, I guess it's not building with it properly? I'll try and mess with my install order I guess

Make sure you set the skeleton properly as indicated in this thread. If you try to build with another skeleton, you get the infinite crotch problem.

If you installed another skeleton that was needed for or packed with some other "x animation" or "x idles" or something like that, it's very likely that you overwrote the AJ Skeleton necessary for CBBE.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/17/2021 at 2:21 PM, Stratomsk said:

How are you supposed to uninstall this using MO2? I must be missing something, as the batch changes to armor seem to be retained after uninstalling everything. Not seeing anything in the overwrite folder either.

I never used MO2 for NV, but I did use it for both Skyrim and FO4 with Bodyslide, I guess it works in the same way. If the mod already has a loose file, it will replace it; if the mod has no loose file, it will go in overwrite. I would suppose they are in overwrite then, I don't know why they are not there. You didn't create a new mod from the Overwrite folder, don't you?

On 1/17/2021 at 5:21 AM, Stratomsk said:

How are you supposed to uninstall this using MO2? I must be missing something, as the batch changes to armor seem to be retained after uninstalling everything. Not seeing anything in the overwrite folder either.

I don't know about using MO2, but I do know BodySlide. What this does is create new .nif files that are loaded instead of the vainilla ones.
If you've uninstalled BodySlide using your mod organizer, you might want to go to your Data folder and delete the meshes created with BodySlide. That should make the game load your vainilla meshes.