Jump to content
A.J.

[FONV] CBBE - Bodyslide port alpha - UPDATE 18 mar 2018

Recommended Posts

Have you figured out a way to keep alpha properties on NV outfits? I was goofing around with outfit studio to see if I could use it as a way to convert outfits to an alternate type 3 body and everytime I saved the outfit the alpha properties disappeared. It's very noticeable on outfits like slave rags. I can re-add the alpha in Nifskope but it's a pain to do so every time.

Share this post


Link to post

I saw that it keeps right properties inside the nif, but I didn't notice if then they work properly in game. I'll keep an eye on it, thanks for the warning. Also, you should try with the 4.4.1 version released few days ago, if you still didn't, there are things tailored for NV.

Share this post


Link to post
43 minutes ago, A.J. said:

I saw that it keeps right properties inside the nif, but I didn't notice if then they work properly in game. I'll keep an eye on it, thanks for the warning. Also, you should try with the 4.4.1 version released few days ago, if you still didn't, there are things tailored for NV.

Didn't know about the new version. Will have to dig through my backup stuff to find my work if I still have it. Things on my comp kerploded NV wise and I got frustrated to say the least. Good to see someone doing a conversion of CBBE though.

Share this post


Link to post

A small ESP for testing purposes. When the game loads, it simply adds a bunch of them converted outfits to inventory, so you don't need to console or buy them. Requires NVSE obviously.

 

Removed, added an updated version in OP

Share this post


Link to post

Congrats AJ on getting this out there, I know it has been a really long road for you on this one. I hope the community can start making some more conversions soon and they appreciate all the hard work you put into this.

 

Cheers my friend :beer:

Share this post


Link to post

So I did a quick and dirty port of the slave rags and the alpha property does stay intact now. Also meatcaps work which is nice since it was annoying having to fix those to be invisible. One problem I had though was when I went to make the conversion and tried to load the refernece I got an error. I had to do a roundabout way of converting by loading the new bod first and then outfit so I could get the sliders.

 

Also, how do I get gloss to work with the new body? Do I need to manipulate the specular map or what? Setting the gloss in nifskope doesn't seem to do the trick.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, SuperNixon said:

So I did a quick and dirty port of the slave rags and the alpha property does stay intact now. Also meatcaps work which is nice since it was annoying having to fix those to be invisible. One problem I had though was when I went to make the conversion and tried to load the refernece I got an error. I had to do a roundabout way of converting by loading the new bod first and then outfit so I could get the sliders.

 

Also, how do I get gloss to work with the new body? Do I need to manipulate the specular map or what? Setting the gloss in nifskope doesn't seem to do the trick.

Setting gloss in nifskope is all there is, try 100. You will not see any difference in nifskope, you have to test in game and could depend on ENB you are using.

There is no separate specular map like Skyrim.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, SuperNixon said:

So I did a quick and dirty port of the slave rags and the alpha property does stay intact now. Also meatcaps work which is nice since it was annoying having to fix those to be invisible. One problem I had though was when I went to make the conversion and tried to load the refernece I got an error. I had to do a roundabout way of converting by loading the new bod first and then outfit so I could get the sliders.

Yes meatcaps are ok too with the last version.

You are right about the error when making a new project - you must choose the second option and browse the osp file. I'm used to do that and I forgot to write it down, I'm not sure how to add it from the first dropdown menu option, I'll take a look.

Share this post


Link to post

You only need to use the CBBE_NV-1.osp as a conversion reference. I use that or the high heels version for all conversions and they have all worked fine. The feet are usually the problem in most conversions. You can mask one part of a mesh and separate the vertices and name it to move it without moving the whole outfit. Or you might just leave parts of the body clipping, conform sliders, save the project as and then reload and delete the parts of the body that are clipping through. There are a number of ways to do these things.

 

Now, a cool thing I discovered is that in OS you can click on a piece of an outfit and go to properties and then select different textures and/or colors for it and save it in the project. Worked for me in Skyrim, haven't tried it in FNV yet. A friend of mine has been using billboard textures on bathing suits and weapons.

Edit: Yep. Works for FNV and FO3. Changed the colors on this Great Khans outfit-

Screenshot (15).png

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/21/2018 at 12:17 PM, KoolHndLuke said:

Changed the colors on this Great Khans outfit-

Woah, Pink Khans armed with Gucci satchels! :blush:

 

---

If someone has a preset to share, I'd be pleased to upload it inside the package in the future. Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, A.J. said:

Woah, Pink Khans armed with Gucci satchels! :blush:

 

---

If someone has a preset to share, I'd be pleased to upload it inside the package in the future. Thank you.

But, of course! The Great Khans are nothing if not stylish!:classic_wink:

Share this post


Link to post

Ahhh.. when are we gonna get more armors?

 

Also how does one go about converting armors?

 

 

I've been waiting for too long for this to be a thing..

 

Also I'm trying out the preset that I use in Fallout 4 (which, so far seems to be working great.. in Bodyslide, I'm about to test it out in game now).

 

Oh.. right. You (A.J.) were the one I asked about this a while back I think. I was wondering how this turned out, it's good to see you didn't give up on it.

 

UPDATE: Yeah, its seems that you can just drag and drop a Fallout 4 slider preset into this version of Bodyslide and it works fine. I did get some kind of weird glitch where in first person everything went crazy with spikey flesh colored shapes stretching off in all directions, but it went away after zooming back out to 3rd person and then back in to first person.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Z0mBieP00Nani said:

Ahhh.. when are we gonna get more armors?

 

Also how does one go about converting armors?

 

 

I've been waiting for too long for this to be a thing..

 

Also I'm trying out the preset that I use in Fallout 4 (which, so far seems to be working great.. in Bodyslide, I'm about to test it out in game now).

 

Oh.. right. You (A.J.) were the one I asked about this a while back I think. I was wondering how this turned out, it's good to see you didn't give up on it.

 

UPDATE: Yeah, its seems that you can just drag and drop a Fallout 4 slider preset into this version of Bodyslide and it works fine. I did get some kind of weird glitch where in first person everything went crazy with spikey flesh colored shapes stretching off in all directions, but it went away after zooming back out to 3rd person and then back in to first person.

Start a new project and use the CBBE-NV-1.osp as a reference and then pick whatever you want to convert and name it. Now highlight all parts of the outfit including the meatcaps and go to sliders and click conform selected, then click set base shape, then click comform all. Don't forget to copy bone weights if you want BNB before saving the project. It might be kinda tricky to position the outfit on the body without deforming it- but it gets easier with each one. When your done, save project as and then close out BS. Reopen BS and your newly converted outfit should be there to build. Usually takes me going back and forth to fix clipping and such several times before I'm satisfied. I don't use a conversion like vanilla to CBBE because it doesn't work well for me. You don't need it anyway.

 

She knows about the problem with the first person skelly and said she will fix it when she has time.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Start a new project and use the CBBE-NV-1.osp as a reference and then pick whatever you want to convert and name it. Now highlight all parts of the outfit including the meatcaps and go to sliders and click conform selected, then click set base shape, then click comform all. Don't forget to copy bone weights if you want BNB before saving the project. It might be kinda tricky to position the outfit on the body without deforming it- but it gets easier with each one. When your done, save project as and then close out BS. Reopen BS and your newly converted outfit should be there to build. Usually takes me going back and forth to fix clipping and such several times before I'm satisfied. I don't use a conversion like vanilla to CBBE because it doesn't work well for me. You don't need it anyway.

 

She knows about the problem with the first person skelly and said she will fix it when she has time.

Ah, I missed that part about the first person skeleton. I tried loading the combat armor into Outfit Studio but it just came back with an error message telling me it couldn't load the file.. I guess I'll try again, maybe it was some kind of glitch.

 

EDIT: It's telling me it can't load the reference file.

 

EDIT2: Ok, I see what was going on. I guess I was trying to load the reference file the wrong way..

Share this post


Link to post

I haven't tested these in game yet, but I did all three variants of the Combat Armor. I also tweaked the armor a bit to make it a bit less bulky and a bit more form fitting, nothing over the top though.

 

Combat Armor.rar

 

It would help if we could get a list going of what has been done and what hasn't been done though.

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Z0mBieP00Nani said:

I haven't tested these in game yet, but I did all three variants of the Combat Armor. I also tweaked the armor a bit to make it a bit less bulky and a bit more form fitting, nothing over the top though.

 

Combat Armor.rar

 

It would help if we could get a list going of what has been done and what hasn't been done though.

Thanks. I sent you a link to what's been done so far. Note that some outfits don't work to well- or at all. Trying to track down the reasons. Here are some mod outfits that I have done. The preset I use looks very similar to the BnB body. But, I love the T6M too and the BaB body from FO3.

enb2017_12_12_19_31_9.jpg

enb2017_12_23_11_10_16.jpg

enb2017_12_28_16_18_59.jpg

enb2017_12_29_10_39_16.jpg

enb2018_1_3_9_9_28.jpg

enb2018_1_18_10_12_25.jpg

Share this post


Link to post

I have followed the instructions here three time and I cannot get my game to not look like the picture included. Where am I going wrong? So far, this is the only mod I have installed. I used FOMM to install everything. 

 

ScreenShot1.thumb.jpg.cfb070c49e68a237ffacf42168389652.jpgfomm.png

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, psychoaddiction said:

I have followed the instructions here three time and I cannot get my game to not look like the picture included. Where am I going wrong? So far, this is the only mod I have installed. I used FOMM to install everything. 

 

 

You need to run the vanilla FNV game at least once after new install for it to be registered and recognized by FOMM- I think.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, KoolHndLuke said:

You need to run the vanilla FNV game at least once after new install for it to be registered and recognized by FOMM- I think.

I don’t understand what you’re saying. Are you saying I should uninstall the game and run it before installing FOMM?

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, psychoaddiction said:

I don’t understand what you’re saying. Are you saying I should uninstall the game and run it before installing FOMM?

This is why I don't use mod managers. Too much added complication, and a whole set of new issues to go along with it.

 

If you're not afraid to install the mod manually just do that instead. It's a lot easier.

 

Just make backups of everything you intend to add or change first.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, psychoaddiction said:

I don’t understand what you’re saying. Are you saying I should uninstall the game and run it before installing FOMM?

No. I'm saying to deactivate your mods and then run the vanilla FNV launcher once and then close it out after a few mins. Now run FOMM as administrator and reactivate your mods. Now run BodySlide as administrator and build the body again and check in game. If that doesn't help then try opening the mod and manually installing it like mentioned above. To do that click on the file called Data in the mod and copy. Then find the data folder in your game and paste it overwriting when asked. Maybe this will help- I'm not sure to be honest.

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/8/2018 at 4:08 AM, psychoaddiction said:

I have followed the instructions here three time and I cannot get my game to not look like the picture included. Where am I going wrong? So far, this is the only mod I have installed. I used FOMM to install everything.

I could be completely wrong, but from the picture it seems a problem with AI not invalidating. I'd try to go on FOMM top menu (what is it... Tools?) and see if Archive Invalidation is flagged. If it is, I'd remove it, then I'd flag it again.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, A.J. said:

I could be completely wrong, but from the picture it seems a problem with AI not invalidating. I'd try to go on FOMM top menu (what is it... Tools?) and see if Archive Invalidation is flagged. If it is, I'd remove it, then I'd flag it again.

I think your right A.J. Don't know how I forgot that.:classic_smile:

Share this post


Link to post

I have a problem with CBBE, The mod is working fine, the meshes and no stetching bodies to infinity, I installed it all correctly like instructed I believe until I noticed this texture error, the texture for their skins just stretch out of place, could it be that I'm using the Sexout - Bodies mod? Or what could this one be?



20180212232918_1.jpg

20180212232923_1.jpg

20180212232927_1.jpg

20180212232931_1.jpg

20180212232935_1.jpg

20180212232944_1.jpg

20180212232949_1.jpg 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...