[FONV] CBBE - Bodyslide port alpha - UPDATE 18 mar 2018

39 minutes ago, HenryHolden24 said:

Type 3 armor for Bodyslide, since I tried to find some that were compatible with it, but it turned out the "body" was just labeled "top" and when I removed the 'top" it also got rid of the "body"

From what mod? I could look at it for you. TBH I don't really mess with anything but the CBBE body anymore since I like it the best. Oh, and please refer any more questions not about CBBE-NV to this thread- BodySlide Conversions for FNV/FO3

Here, these are conversions for CBBE to BnB and T3Cali. Haven't made one to convert BnB to T3Cali. These will get you pretty close and then you fix clipping. Do you have the latest version of BodySlide and do you know how to use them?

CBBE to BnB or T3Cali.7z

Whether you want everything converted for T3 or CBBE is completely up to you. I use about seven different bodies in my game which causes me no end of headaches sometimes, lol. The good thing about BnB or T3Cali is that all T3 textures work with them and you don't need to change anything. Still, I find I get better quality overall with CBBE and I love the textures I've made for it.

21 hours ago, Svartr564 said:

I gotta ask.

Did you find a decent hand replacer or are you using the default vanilla hands? And, if you did find a decent hand replacer, mind pointing a fellow in the right direction?

Not sure whom you were asking, but I never bothered with replacing the hands. I just matched the skin tone/color as closely as I could in PS and it looked good enough.

On 10/11/2020 at 2:13 AM, Svartr564 said:

Ah, was actually asking you if you had a replacer for the man-hands that the vanilla game saddles you with.

Do they look that bad? I never pay attention to the hands unless they're just really noticeable. Of course there should be a few mods to replace the hand models/textures I would think, but you'll still prolly need to blend them in with the CBBE body textures of your choice like I have.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/13/2018 at 11:16 PM, A.J. said:

User ACIES33 has made nice conversions, you can find them HERE

You can find other conversions HERE

UPDATE 02 apr 2018

Ok this is not really about CBBE, but... I am working on a beta new version of The Skeleton, compatible with CBBE too. Without going in deep details, it should be the most compatible skeleton: Sexout, CBBE, Nexus mods (with recent Xilandro's diagonal movement), Ragdolls, etc.

It *IS NOT* fully compatible with BodyMorph. The reason is I am rewriting BodyMorph entirely from scratch and it'll use different bones. I didn't try it, but I think it still will work for most of the morphs, only some won't work. I also removed compatibility with Malos resizer, to restore the functionality of the IK on the legs.

If you want to test it, this is the package: <skeleton removed due to weird random issues reported, need inspection>

If you don't like raised / distorted corpses, please install some havok bouncer (i.e. the ragdolls.esp with the Ragdolls mod)

UPDATE 18 mar 2018

- Added conversions: Arcade Gannon + Veronica (Druid outfit) + Metal Armor + Metal Armor Mark II + BoS Scribe + 1950 spring outfit

- Yet another version of the damn Business Suit... this time it should work!

UPDATE 18 feb 2018

- Added conversions: Combat Armor + Mark I + Mark II; Vault Suits (Normal, Dad, Armored, Security, Lab); Boomers

- New version of Business Suit

- Added the updated ESP that adds all the converted armors when the game starts, under the section named Test

- NOTE: I cleaned the double folder of Merc 03, now it's called with the original name again. IMHO, if you already installed a previous port package and you don't want to risk mixing or confuse folders, before installing the new port package go inside ...\SteamApps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\Tools\BodySlide and delete ShapeData and SliderSets, then extract the new one. Unless you already created something on your own with OS, then be careful and make copies of your work.

UPDATE 17 feb 2018

- Corrected 1st person issue, see AppleJam Skeleton, 17 feb 2018 update

- Added Lingerie and 3 raiders armors

- Corrected CTD caused by Merc Adventure 03. NOTE: I didn't overwrite the broken one, I added a "b" on the end of the good one. So, when you'll generate outfits, you'll see Wastelandblablabla03 and Wastelandblablabla03b: only use the second one.

-Description-

This is a NV port to let the wonderful CBBE - BodySlide - Outfit Studio (by Caliente and Ousnious) work in Mojave.
It's a very alpha, meant for testing.

For the very fews that don't know what it is about:
> CBBE is a very famous high poly body for Skyrim and FO4.
> BodySlide is a program for Windows which allows to customize that body in the way you prefer, then it allows you to use it in game, along with any converted

armors and clothes, properly remodeled.
> Outfit Studio is the program which allows to take an armor and convert it to work with Bodyslide.

Here's a picture that explains pretty well what I mean:

Reveal hidden contents

Example.jpg

The port consists of a bunch of meshes, worked in Blender, and 20+ OS conversions to try in game.
It's also rigged to be compatible with BodyMorph, even the lowerbody (which wasn't working previously).

Warning

This is a body / armor replacer, which means it'll overwrite your body and (some) armors.
And let me repeat: it's just an alpha stage, it is neither complete nor precise, it's mainly intended for test.

Install

> Download and install BS/OS for FO4, ver. 4.4.1+
You can find it here, don't forget to thanks them.
Install it with your mod manager, or extract Tools folder under \Fallout New Vegas\Data.

> Eventually, you can make a link for the exe on your desktop, to launch it in an easier way.
To do that, navigate in its subfolder \Fallout New Vegas\Data\Tools\BodySlide then create the link for BodySlide x64.exe, but still do not launch it.

> Download the port package here, install it with the mod manager or manually extract the content as usual. Overwrite when asked.

NOTE: every new update package is standalone, you don't need old versions because it already contains them. However I still keep them online.

- old version 13 gen 2018 here

- old version 17 feb 2018 here

- old version 18 feb 2018 here

Reveal hidden contents

02_-_Overwrite.jpg

> Last, download and install the skeleton, here, if you still miss it.
You will want both the two latest files, extract them and you're good.

> Now you are ready to launch BodySlide x64 from the link you made before on the desktop.

The first time you launch it, a window will ask which game you want to use and in what folder its installed.

Check the path's right and then click Choose Game.

Reveal hidden contents

03_-_Choose_Game.jpg

> When the BodySlide window will open, click on Settings, on bottom right. Here, you can modify the skeleton with the AppleJam one (skeleton_BoMo)

Reveal hidden contents

04_-_Skeleton.jpg

Now you are ready to use BS and create the body you like. Note that the naked body is CBBE Body; ignore CBBE-NV-HH, it's just a body used to make some high heels outfits.

When you've finished, you can Batch Build with the button on bottom left, just don't forget to untick the CBBE-NV-HH

Reveal hidden contents

05_-_Batch_Build.jpg

List of conversions
1950 style casual (prewar outfit)

1950 style spring (prewar outfit)
1950 business style suit

Arcade Gannon
Benny outfit
Cass outfit
N° 4 Great Khan outfits
Leather armor

Metal armor + Mark II
Miss Fortune
N° 3 prostitute outfits
N° 3 wasteland settlers
N° 6 wasteland mercs (NOTE: n°3 adventure merc causes CTD no more)
Wasteland doctor

N° 3 raider armors

Lingerie

N° 2 Boomers

N° 3 Combat Armors: Normal, Mark I & Mark II

N° 5 Vault Suits: Normal, Armored, Dad, Security, Lab

Veronica outfit

Known issues

> Some neck seam, a good necklace will help with this
> Some hand seam
> Bad weight on long skirt in 1950s casual
> Some armors lack meat caps for dismembering

> Overall quality could be definetely better, actually "it just works"

> Do you experience weird textures? see the section at the end of the post

Test

This is a small script that will add to the player all the armors converted till now, it's the one I use to test them in game.

You can download it HERE (update 18 mar 2018).

Credits

Ousnious and Caliente - everything
Junkacc - texture and knee problem
KoolHndLuke - conversions and testing

Imperfection - testing and patience

Z0mBieP00Nani - conversions

Perms

Armors are vanilla; CBBE / BS is from Caliente and Ousnious, I just ported it, so you won't obtain any perms from me and instead you should ask the original creators. Or you can join and lend a hand to finish the work if you want, we'll be grateful.

Weird textures

CBBE uses its own UV map, which is different from vanilla, or Type 3/6/Any. So, if you are not using the provided textures, you'll see bad textures in game. On the other hand, there's a nice pro: textures from Skyrim and FO4 could be easily ported.

In the example below there are two different textures, both for Type x, when loaded on CBBE body, there are some peculiar things you can easily spot, like pubic texture on belly, or some dark shade on the shoulders, or some blur behind the thighs:

Reveal hidden contents

example.jpg

How to debug this:

> Check Archive Invalidation. If it's active, then unflag it and then toggle it again.

REPEAT: CHECK-ARCHIVE-INVALIDATION.

> Check if you really installed textures, look at the image I posted under spoiler above, on the third point under Install; double check the files, the sizes, the folders, be sure that you are really using the provided textures.

> If both the previous points are OK, then I can only think to some mod changing to a specific custom texture path / file, i.e. some custom races. Unfortunately I can't do much for that, the only thing I could actually think about is providing a ESP to check where the race comes from, I'll attach it to this post (aaaTestRace.esp), just load it on your load order and you'll see two message boxes, like this:

Reveal hidden contents

check-race.jpg

Here's the ESP: aaaRaceTest.esp

Ok, so I know I'm over 2 years past when this was uploaded, but I'm having a bug whenever I tried to use this. I did all the instructions right, but whenever I tried to load into the game, every female character was stretched to shit. Can anyone (who can still see this) shed some light?

53 minutes ago, notathroway12345678 said:

Ok, so I know I'm over 2 years past when this was uploaded, but I'm having a bug whenever I tried to use this. I did all the instructions right, but whenever I tried to load into the game, every female character was stretched to shit. Can anyone (who can still see this) shed some light?

It's a problem with the skeleton. If you already installed this:

then something else's overwriting it. Be aware that there's more than a mod that will try to overwrite it: Ragdolls, QuickThrow, HeadTracking, One Man Army, Titans of the West, just to quote some.

On 10/27/2020 at 8:07 PM, A.J. said:

It's a problem with the skeleton. If you already installed this:

then something else's overwriting it. Be aware that there's more than a mod that will try to overwrite it: Ragdolls, QuickThrow, HeadTracking, One Man Army, Titans of the West, just to quote some.

So can that happen with any mod? Or just mods that affect characters? Because the only one that I can think of is... FIO(I think that's the name)?

Edit: It's not the one I was thinking of. Is there any way to just... remove it completely? I just want it gone at this point

1 hour ago, notathroway12345678 said:

So can that happen with any mod? Or just mods that affect characters? Because the only one that I can think of is... FIO(I think that's the name)?

It can happen with any mod which contains skeleton.nif inside of it. It can be something cosmetic / aestetic (i.e. NV Redesigned, High Heels) but also gameplay (Quickthrow, Xilandro's mods in general). What FIO stands for? do you have a link?

4 minutes ago, A.J. said:

It can happen with any mod which contains skeleton.nif inside of it. It can be something cosmetic / aestetic (i.e. NV Redesigned, High Heels) but also gameplay (Quickthrow, Xilandro's mods in general). What FIO stands for? do you have a link?

It was FCO not FIO sorry. It stands for Fallout Character Overhaul. Is there a way to just, remove the CBBE? Or is it quicker to just find the contrasting mod?

I hoped this was going to a) being redone properly or b) die, and instead...

Now I'm seriously thinking to patch NV Compatibility Skeleton to CBBE to avoid any issues... I know that I'll regret it in the future...

2 hours ago, A.J. said:

I hoped this was going to a) being redone properly or b) die, and instead...

Now I'm seriously thinking to patch NV Compatibility Skeleton to CBBE to avoid any issues... I know that I'll regret it in the future...

That will be nice, since the idle animation of the CBBE body looks ridiculous even if it is the just the default preset.

5 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

You might want to check @A.J. mods on here because there are some good ones. I use this for my character idles and really like it- 

Nice. Do you know any good hand meshes? The vanilla and Type 3 & 6 hand meshes look awful for some reason in the CBBE body.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Reterd said:

Having some difficulties; any modified outfit has its textures stretched away from my player model. I’ve made sure I’m using the Skeleton_BoMo.nif, and I’m unsure what causes this.

I'd still think it's the skeleton, check post #461

On 11/23/2020 at 8:17 AM, tacticalwonsz said:

Guys, girls... Why isnt it working? I follow all guide, but bodyslide do not detect my nv files (not mention that in game body is just ugly vanilla) 
Im using a vortex to install mods and yes i choose new vegas with body slide (and CBBE option)

I don't know Vortex, let's see if someone else knows how it works and can help you

On 11/22/2020 at 11:17 PM, tacticalwonsz said:

Guys, girls... Why isnt it working? I follow all guide, but bodyslide do not detect my nv files (not mention that in game body is just ugly vanilla) 
Im using a vortex to install mods and yes i choose new vegas with body slide (and CBBE option)

@tacticalwonsz

Alright, I really don't use Vortex, so I can't tell you how to resolve that issue, but we can check manually.

First off, open your Fallout New Vegas folder. It should be in your steamapps/common folder.
I dunno where Vortex installed the Tools folder, but it should be in the Data folder of your FNV folder.

Open up BodySlide or OutfitStudio and check the Settings tab.

In there, make sure that it Target Game has Fallout New Vegas selected and that the Game data path is correct.
Should look something like this.
image.thumb.png.f235495cf80d573d14cae88d79dbee34.png

That should sort that out.

If the textures remain fucked up, then that means you didn't replace the vainilla upperbodyfemale.dds file with the CBBE one. It's kind of important to do that.

Hope this helps.