[FONV] CBBE - Bodyslide port alpha - UPDATE 18 mar 2018

What kind of "mess" happens to the legs when you use astymma? is it similar to this?

If it's so, you still are using the files generated by bodyslide, they are not removed nor replaced by T6M.

You surely know these infos about vanilla and Bodyslide, but better be redundant just in case

- vanilla armors are located in specific paths and have specific names. For example: \Data\meshes\armor\1950StyleCasual01\f\outfitf.nif

- you run bodyslide, you decide a body, and you decide an armor. When you click Build, a popup will tell you something like "I created an armor inside this path: \Data\meshes\armor\1950StyleCasual01\f\outfitf.nif"

- hence, to remove Bodyslide, you only need to remove that file \Data\meshes\armor\1950StyleCasual01\f\outfitf.nif, nothing more.

- at that point, since a specific custom skeleton like this wouldnt be necessary anymore, you can use another skeleton like astymma. But if astymma or another skeleton causes weird graphical glitches with coloured poligons going to infinite, then it means that the mesh is still using peculiar bones (hence is still Bodyslide)

30 minutes ago, B0b8D0g said:

Did reinstall still broken 

Okay everything is fixed now. However there is a mild issue I've noticed. I don't know how to explain it but it seems that the breasts are seperate from the clothing. What I mean is that no matter what slider setting you have, the breasts will not touch the clothing at all and the clothing will morph to be the same size as the breasts without fitting to the body. So if you're flat chested like in my preset it is permanent invisible boob effect that is larger than the breast. But for everything else the effect is the same on a smaller scale. I tried fixing it in Outfit Studio but that didn't fix the issue either

http://prntscr.com/oo6mu1 I think that is a good enough screenshot of what happened. 

This issue is, at least to me, an issue when you're anything but a flat chested character, and this is not an on my part because, as I said, I've used the FO4 version and never seen this issue with my flat chested preset. In fact I triple checked my FO4 preset and even BS/OS in FO4 to make sure I wasn't doing something wrong. And this doesn't happen at all. So I am kinda confused here on what is going on since the clothing should conform to the body but it isn't, and for my preset in particular and the first person mod, I'll look down and get a down blouse look which is funny to be honest, but not intended for certain, and every outfit doesn't work properly on my flatchest preset because, well, the breasts look bigger than they should. 

Fallout New Vegas Vault Suit with my preset :

http://prntscr.com/oo6q5k

http://prntscr.com/oo6rss

Fallout 4 Vault Suit with my preset : 

http://prntscr.com/oo6rg0

http://prntscr.com/oo6rvf

There is more slope compared to what the preset is supposed to have, and the breasts are larger than what they're supposed to be as-well. Unlike FO4 I'm able to pan the camera inside the clothing to see it just sticks to the nude body, instead of forming with it, which I've said now a couple of times. I am not sure if this is because I've got something wrong somewhere or what, but this isn't supposed to happen as far as I know and am certain this is either a game engine issue, a bug with the mod, a file issue on my end, or something else. But it is playable, instead of vaginal polygons to the Ethereal plane. 

On 8/4/2019 at 4:23 PM, A.J. said:

You can modify the outfits using OS to make them good for your taste.

Okay, explain? Whenever I use OutfitStudio nothing happens to fix it. 

http://prntscr.com/oqzg5t Load the preset with an outfit

Now I'll select the clothing from the list of meshes

What happens? It effects THE BODY not THE CLOTHING. Does this make sense? The clothing does not touch the body no matter what I do. If I am doing something wrong someone say something because this no worky for me. Telling me what it should do doesn't fix the problem. So explain to me what you did to get yours working because this isn't working on my end. Unless I'm doing something wrong http://prntscr.com/oqzg5t that shouldn't be happening. How do I know? Because, in BodySlide for Fallout 4 and OutfitStudio this DOES NOT HAPPEN. So the program is the same, something is wrong somewhere. It isn't a user error unless the mod maker changed how BS/OS works for FNV. And I can prove this, as I did before, with the same preset using the combat harness or Cait's corset. With either one the clothing touches the body whenever a clothing is loaded like this http://prntscr.com/oqzk6v. So if this is the same BS/OS rigged to work with FNV, something has changed to cause this. So don't tell me "Oh it will conform to your likeness" when it fucking doesn't. I do not know how to say this at all but as I said, it doesn't conform. It does this http://prntscr.com/oqzg5t and whenever I adjust ANY of the fucking sliders it just warps and mutates the body and the mesh. I continue to try and figure this shit out and cannot understand how this mod even exists if it is broke. Unless this is an issue for me, someone just tell me what I'm fucking doing wrong because I've about had it trying to fix this shit 

1 hour ago, B0b8D0g said:

Okay, explain? Whenever I use OutfitStudio nothing happens to fix it. 

http://prntscr.com/oqzg5t Load the preset with an outfit

Now I'll select the clothing from the list of meshes

What happens? It effects THE BODY not THE CLOTHING. Does this make sense? The clothing does not touch the body no matter what I do. If I am doing something wrong someone say something because this no worky for me. Telling me what it should do doesn't fix the problem. So explain to me what you did to get yours working because this isn't working on my end. Unless I'm doing something wrong http://prntscr.com/oqzg5t that shouldn't be happening. How do I know? Because, in BodySlide for Fallout 4 and OutfitStudio this DOES NOT HAPPEN. So the program is the same, something is wrong somewhere. It isn't a user error unless the mod maker changed how BS/OS works for FNV. And I can prove this, as I did before, with the same preset using the combat harness or Cait's corset. With either one the clothing touches the body whenever a clothing is loaded like this http://prntscr.com/oqzk6v. So if this is the same BS/OS rigged to work with FNV, something has changed to cause this. So don't tell me "Oh it will conform to your likeness" when it fucking doesn't. I do not know how to say this at all but as I said, it doesn't conform. It does this http://prntscr.com/oqzg5t and whenever I adjust ANY of the fucking sliders it just warps and mutates the body and the mesh. I continue to try and figure this shit out and cannot understand how this mod even exists if it is broke. Unless this is an issue for me, someone just tell me what I'm fucking doing wrong because I've about had it trying to fix this shit 

Hey! You're having a problem and it's pissing you off. But, DONT take it out on the mod author! She has been nothing but helpful and polite to everyone here! Just because you can't figure out how to make shit work doesn't mean there is a fuckin' thing wrong with the mod. Tens of thousands of other people have this in their game and it works fine. Don't bring that fucking attitude here again.

About your problem, In Outfit Studio, when you open an outfit to work on try moving the sliders for stuff and tell me what happens. Does the mesh move with the sliders? Or does just the body move?

2 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Hey! You're having a problem and it's pissing you off. But, DONT take it out on the mod author! She has been nothing but helpful and polite to everyone here! Just because you can't figure out how to make shit work doesn't mean there is a fuckin' thing wrong with the mod. Tens of thousands of other people have this in their game and it works fine. Don't bring that fucking attitude here again.

About your problem, In Outfit Studio, when you open an outfit to work on try moving the sliders for stuff and tell me what happens. Does the mesh move with the sliders? Or does just the body move?

Both moves. That is the issue. 

http://prntscr.com/or1wd8 This is when I load the preset

It is hard to explain this but I thought it is evident enough that the clothing isn't touching the body. This happens no matter what. Scaling? Nope. Setting the preset for the outfit? Nope. Adjusting any and all sliders? Nope. I literally tried recreating this with in FO4's BS/OS, I then dropped my functioning FO4 files into the BS/OS files and added the skeleton, and then I went through EVERY files, EVERY setting, EVERYTHING to figure out what is going on. Conclusion? There is something with the mod files because I cannot recreate this with a functioning FO4 version of BS/OS. And from my perspective as a person who deals with technology and repairing them for a living in the trouble shooting process if you cannot recreate the issue under normal circumstances that the user would probably using said program or utility, and that the application is bork, that means it is the application that is broken. But at the same time, this shouldn't be normal behavior at all either. If this doesn't happen with BS/OS by default and only with the modified file (and I tested my BS/OS file too, it works without this mod's file thrown in) does it break, I am just saying but, it is either the skeleton, the textures or the mod. 

32 minutes ago, B0b8D0g said:

It is hard to explain this but I thought it is evident enough that the clothing isn't touching the body. This happens no matter what. Scaling? Nope. Setting the preset for the outfit? Nope. Adjusting any and all sliders? Nope.

It's not easy for me to understand.

OK, cloth is far from the body, but does it work fine when you move the sliders? i.e. you increase the breast, both the body and the cloth increase the breast as expected? or only the body increases the breast and not the cloth?

If it's the first, then it's fine. If it's the latter, then no it's not fine and it's something both KolHndLuke and me experienced randomly and never found a real answer.

2 hours ago, B0b8D0g said:

It is hard to explain this but I thought it is evident enough that the clothing isn't touching the body. This happens no matter what. Scaling? Nope. Setting the preset for the outfit? Nope. Adjusting any and all sliders? Nope. I literally tried recreating this with in FO4's BS/OS, I then dropped my functioning FO4 files into the BS/OS files and added the skeleton, and then I went through EVERY files, EVERY setting, EVERYTHING to figure out what is going on. Conclusion? There is something with the mod files because I cannot recreate this with a functioning FO4 version of BS/OS. And from my perspective as a person who deals with technology and repairing them for a living in the trouble shooting process if you cannot recreate the issue under normal circumstances that the user would probably using said program or utility, and that the application is bork, that means it is the application that is broken. But at the same time, this shouldn't be normal behavior at all either. If this doesn't happen with BS/OS by default and only with the modified file (and I tested my BS/OS file too, it works without this mod's file thrown in) does it break, I am just saying but, it is either the skeleton, the textures or the mod. 

The mesh and the body are supposed to move together because the outfit is conformed to the body sliders. Have you tried the deflate/inflate tool to help make the outfit fit the body better? Where did you shape that body? In BS? Because if you make your changes there and then save the preset, then all the converted armor/clothing should automatically fit. But note that these sliders were intended for another game and don't work that great with any body in FNV. When you decrease the breast size and stuff like that, it will deform the mesh. You just have to experiment and see what works.

PS. maybe you can scale the outfit down to match the body better. Just right click on the mesh parts in the list on the right and select scale from the drop-down menu. That way you don't have to mess with it as much.

Yeah, they both move (clothing and body) and they do not touch each other. I've tried scaling, that doesn't help. I do not know about "inflating" but given how the clothing isn't touching the body, it leads to weird issues with literally everything. I throw at it. When I lower the Y scale to pull the clothing closer to the torso, it instead melds into the torso, and yet somehow doesn't fit right. The other sliders only lead to further headaches, and I can never truly get it to touch the body properly 

AJ, it is the first issue you stated, where both are moving but not touching no matter what I try to do. Also, yes, I know, decreasing breast size horribly mutates the mesh. When I first found out about CBBE, it took me a few weeks to figure out how I wanted to get my flat chested preset done and I had innumerable issues with the mesh and the body getting mutilated. But all is lost. If this is an issue that came up and no one knows how to fix it, seems I'm out of luck and will have to call my losses here. 

If it's the first thing I stated, then it's completely fine. That's normal behaviour, it makes much sense and it's just how things should work. I don't really understand why you consider that an "issue" so there's not much I could also suggest except redo them in OS tweaking the sliders to fit better on a slimmer body

I have been trying out CBBE with Fallout New Vegas, and Fallout New California. I have run across a slight problem. With the recommended skeleton, I get really weird stuff. I took it out, and replaced with the other skeleton mentioned. It works, kind of what I am getting now is discoloration. I am going to try to use a skin texture/mesh from Skyrim, and see if it works. However, I will say that I am trying to get things working, and working right. Anyway, I wanted to say, aside from my problems, I see the potential, and the success of this work. Please keep it up.

9 hours ago, SirTwist said:

I have been trying out CBBE with Fallout New Vegas, and Fallout New California. I have run across a slight problem. With the recommended skeleton, I get really weird stuff. I took it out, and replaced with the other skeleton mentioned. It works, kind of what I am getting now is discoloration. I am going to try to use a skin texture/mesh from Skyrim, and see if it works. However, I will say that I am trying to get things working, and working right. Anyway, I wanted to say, aside from my problems, I see the potential, and the success of this work. Please keep it up.

Remember that when you use other CBBE textures, you will need to rename them for FNV.

12 hours ago, B0b8D0g said:

Yeah, they both move (clothing and body) and they do not touch each other. I've tried scaling, that doesn't help. I do not know about "inflating" but given how the clothing isn't touching the body, it leads to weird issues with literally everything. I throw at it. When I lower the Y scale to pull the clothing closer to the torso, it instead melds into the torso, and yet somehow doesn't fit right. The other sliders only lead to further headaches, and I can never truly get it to touch the body properly 

AJ, it is the first issue you stated, where both are moving but not touching no matter what I try to do. Also, yes, I know, decreasing breast size horribly mutates the mesh. When I first found out about CBBE, it took me a few weeks to figure out how I wanted to get my flat chested preset done and I had innumerable issues with the mesh and the body getting mutilated. But all is lost. If this is an issue that came up and no one knows how to fix it, seems I'm out of luck and will have to call my losses here. 

If you upload your body and that outfit, I'll take a look at it for you.

I had been using Bodyslide for a while, and I forgot a key step, and that is to point to the data folder, not the game folder, which is why I was getting no image. Okay, chalk that up to a brain fart. So, I corrected that. I do have another issue, and I am curious if it's the CBBE port, bodyslide, or something else. Well, maybe not an issue. I have seen the pictures posted here by others, namely Repal, and a few others. I am going to mess about a bit, and see if I can't clear up the red stuff that is on the backs of the upper arms, around the legs, just above the knees, and the neck/head. If someone knows what could be causing this, then let me know. If it's just a very alpha stage, I will adjust and move on. I am not blaming the mod author, at all, and I won't. I have asked for this port a while ago, and until recently, I didn't know it was even a thing. So, A.J., awesome work so far, and thank you for the mod. Okay, I am off to try and get things rolling, and see if I can fix things myself. Perhaps it's one of my mods. Going to try that first.

*edit* Okay, did my first build, and it looks good, at least in Bodyslide and outfit studio. Now to go on with more. I will post later after I do some tests in game, to see if it really works. I'll be back later on, and make a new post. See you all on the flip side.

3 hours ago, SirTwist said:

I have seen the pictures posted here by others, namely Repal, and a few others. I am going to mess about a bit, and see if I can't clear up the red stuff that is on the backs of the upper arms, around the legs, just above the knees, and the neck/head. If someone knows what could be causing this, then let me know.

Those red rings? those are the gore of dismembering. You know, if someone is hit by a grenade and explodes the arms / legs / head could cut in that point and the red is the gore, the fresh meat, how could I say. It's usually invisible, it only becomes visible when you are dismembered. If it's normally visible for you, then there's a flag to set to make it invisible and it can be done using Nifskope, I just need to look which flag it is because I don't remember. Or can be removed and copy pasted from another mesh, always with nifskope.

Well, my first attempt has hit some snags. I am going to keep trying. If anyone is interested, here's what I am working on, at least converting to CBBE via Body Slide and Outfit Studio. If anyone wants to help me out, then it's all good, if not, well, I will keep plugging away.

I am a novice when it comes to Outfit Studio. I didn't realize the red stuff was actually supposed to be there. Then stuff off the arms, and legs. Those are meats. If someone could point me in how to hide those in Body Slide, that would help me a lot. I wouldn't mind hiding them inside the body itself, if need be.

Here's the link: T6M Wonder Woman New Uniform

*Edit* Thanks for the explanation, A.J., I knew it wasn't normal. I'll see what I can do in Outfit Studio. I didn't see those in Fallout 4. I guess I need to download Nifskope, then, and mess around in that, as well. Perhaps I will learn even more stuff.

You see the parts on the right that make up the outfit? These can each be clicked to hide, then un-hide.

1673504731_Screenshot(192)_LI.jpg.a688a96e2d1aaf7150c5ae3bfcd045ed.jpg

When you want to work a part of the outfit, then you need to select only that part or parts you want to move or whatever. Here I have hidden the meat-caps and have selected the dress part.

568012528_Screenshot(193).png.2471794466fc52a49b49ce82fdb38ec3.png

These are the inflate and deflate tool tips.

1307206931_Screenshot(194)_LI.jpg.8d329f35fd7e2510785617b28d33e9f9.jpg

Now, it takes a LOT of practice to use all these tools in Outfit Studio effectively. I could tell everything I know, but that would be a book almost and I am still learning more. You just have to mess with shit and find out. Nothing you do will be saved unless you want it to be.

386115626_Screenshot(195).png.7b18c524467745d35a6bd63b1fca8001.png

You can adjust the size and strength of the tool-tip from the drop-down menu for Tool or you can use the shortcuts (shift +,-) for the size and (control +,-) for the strength. Here I have decreased both the size and the strength.

1982106161_Screenshot(196).png.8133e97907923eb57b881dfb0580efba.png

If you make a mistake, don't worry. Use the undo/redo feature under Edit.

439079949_Screenshot(197).png.db51a8ff35338f8d506fd051e958e6ce.png

Thank you, KoolHndLuke, I am working through things as I am typing this out. The next part, after converting, is putting the conversions into the mods. I think what I am going to do that is pull out the original stuff, then copy in my new stuff. This way, I can preserve the original mod, and have the new stuff inside. I still have some more mods I need to add, but I am working through these, first.

*edit* I hate high heels. I am working also on the Black Widow armor set. And wow. I am going to take a break from things for bit, get some rest, and tackle this stuff in a while. I had a set back, but now moving forward. I am, slowly getting all the meat stuff off of the outfits, then going to do some real editing after a while That is my current goal. Eventually, making new mods, of my own, and uploading where ever.

After looking at the mods in Fallout 4, I didn't see the meat and body caps there. Do I need to keep those, or remove them? I am doing things in stages, Taking it all one step at a time. I was getting the outfit working with the body, first. That is saved. The next thing I will do is get it fitting better. I put the body into the mesh, I think it is, mode. This way, I can get the clothing over the body. I will probably reverse the process when conforming the outfit to the body better.  That will take a bit. One step at a time.

9 hours ago, SirTwist said:

Are those caps necessary for NV?

I think it's pretty much aestetic, i.e. without these you won't see the bloody arms and legs when you dismember a body. Not sure if it'll cause other downsides.

5 hours ago, A.J. said:

I think it's pretty much aestetic, i.e. without these you won't see the bloody arms and legs when you dismember a body. Not sure if it'll cause other downsides.

I've actually deleted them by mistake and didn't notice any side effects other than what A.J. mentioned while testing through hours of game-play. To work the mesh in another program, I think you can safely delete them and then just copy them back in later.