[FONV] CBBE - Bodyslide port alpha - UPDATE 18 mar 2018

someone please help me :') i;ve been trying to get body mods to work since 4pm yesterday and nothing is WORKING. I tried type 6 type 3 type whatever and it didnt work, so i'm trying bodyslide again. Yesterday, bodyslide worked fine. I deleted it to try type 6 again, and i got bodyslide back today. Now, the cbbe naked body is showing up, but its very skinny and doesnt look like my custom preset is working. please please help me :") i did everything right. 

On 6/12/2019 at 5:11 PM, evehodge said:

someone please help me :') i;ve been trying to get body mods to work since 4pm yesterday and nothing is WORKING. I tried type 6 type 3 type whatever and it didnt work, so i'm trying bodyslide again. Yesterday, bodyslide worked fine. I deleted it to try type 6 again, and i got bodyslide back today. Now, the cbbe naked body is showing up, but its very skinny and doesnt look like my custom preset is working. please please help me :") i did everything right. 

If you want type 3 or 6 then you DON'T build the CBBE body because it will overwrite the others. You should have seen this in the preview window with BS. Here is my type 3 cali mod for you to use. Follow the directions.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/16/2018 at 8:50 AM, KoolHndLuke said:

In Skyrim or FO4 the d.dds file you need is named femalebody_d.dds , but for it to work in FNV/FO3 you need to rename the file to upperbodyfemale.dds . Note that ONLY the body files are compatible and that Skyrim CBBE body textures only need to be renamed and then used. FO4 CBBE body textures NEED TO BE SAVED in Photoshop or Gimp with the .dds plugin before they can be used!!!! The hands and head .dds files WILL NOT look right because they're mapped differently.

What I noticed is that any textures from FO4 or Skyrim will need to be lightened in Photoshop or Gimp to better match the head and hands in FNV/FO3. I did this in about 5 mins in Photoshop-

Recently I tried hard finding a way to take advantage of both CBBE's high quality body textures and T3/T6 outfits, failed, this is what I did:

alter properties of body mesh in outfit studio to set a unique texture path (default upperbodyfemale.dds stayed T3 pattern), looking good so far in preview

image.png.b026899bfbf263b1c904be9722a5d9e6.png

port body mesh to a different path, use FNV edit to make a custom race, change female biped model but not the default texture, thought then T3 outfits would work

image.png.06edd6c1c9200ddcea9947acabb6d245.png

Launch game, outfits worked well, body textures messed up

image.png.306a0d9d56dfbba8a6b85c39799fe21c.png

give a texture set to body but didn't help, looks like the value of ICON will override everything

image.png.f526c1dd576aa165a0b50702752944f4.png

or maybe this "upper body texture" played a role in this (if so, how should I open & edit a .egt file) 

image.png.e8e57de138b6bc925f1b2987bef21dfd.png

Now I'm wondering if it's not possible to do that in the first place, or did I miss some key points? Any advice is highly appreciated.
5 hours ago, Repal said:

Recently I tried hard finding a way to take advantage of both CBBE's high quality body textures and T3/T6 outfits, failed, this is what I did:

alter properties of body mesh in outfit studio to set a unique texture path (default upperbodyfemale.dds stayed T3 pattern), looking good so far in preview

image.png.b026899bfbf263b1c904be9722a5d9e6.png

port body mesh to a different path, use FNV edit to make a custom race, change female biped model but not the default texture, thought then T3 outfits would work

image.png.06edd6c1c9200ddcea9947acabb6d245.png

Launch game, outfits worked well, body textures messed up

image.png.306a0d9d56dfbba8a6b85c39799fe21c.png

give a texture set to body but didn't help, looks like the value of ICON will override everything

image.png.f526c1dd576aa165a0b50702752944f4.png

or maybe this "upper body texture" played a role in this (if so, how should I open & edit a .egt file) 

image.png.e8e57de138b6bc925f1b2987bef21dfd.png

Now I'm wondering if it's not possible to do that in the first place, or did I miss some key points? Any advice is highly appreciated.

You can't simply take CBBE textures and put them over a T3 mesh (or any other body), or viceversa, because their UV maps are different. This is mentioned in the OP, read on bottom under "Weird Textures"

1 hour ago, A.J. said:

You can't simply take CBBE textures and put them over a T3 mesh (or any other body), or viceversa, because their UV maps are different. This is mentioned in the OP, read on bottom under "Weird Textures"

Yeah, I did know that (actually both the model and the texture worked well if I use them in a normal way), that's why I tried a lot to make the CBBE nude body use its own textures path→ image.png.a3d516828ebb795eba3a816efdb575bf.pngother than the default characters/female/upperbodyfemale.dds -- I kept the T3 body texture as default because many of my outfits uses T3 UV map (and NPCs, of course). What's confusing me is could I stop the game from overriding the original texture set brought by the .nif file itself? I think I did everything (even by wearing the CBBE body as a necklace and introduce a transparent T3 body to draw game's attention away), but nothing really worked... Is it even possible -- by doing something in blender or nifscope?

Anyway, thank you for replying!

Thanks it's a little more clear now. I hope I understood well what you want to do.

No that's not a behaviour you could change per se, because the texture path is what is defined inside the race itself. So that a vanilla will use a vanilla path (i.e. if you installed a T3 replacer) and your race will use a CBBE path (if you defined it inside the race)

You can however probably use some neat script tricks to adapt to your needs. Think for example to Daughters of ARES: when you were wearing a vanilla armor, it was swapping it via script with a duplicated whose nif was a custom specific for your body.

8 hours ago, A.J. said:

Thanks it's a little more clear now. I hope I understood well what you want to do.

No that's not a behaviour you could change per se, because the texture path is what is defined inside the race itself. So that a vanilla will use a vanilla path (i.e. if you installed a T3 replacer) and your race will use a CBBE path (if you defined it inside the race)

You can however probably use some neat script tricks to adapt to your needs. Think for example to Daughters of ARES: when you were wearing a vanilla armor, it was swapping it via script with a duplicated whose nif was a custom specific for your body.

Thanks a lot for helping, guess I need to look into the script capable of doing the trick...hate it 'cause I'm kinda noob of script editing

On 7/5/2019 at 8:33 AM, Repal said:

Thanks a lot for helping, guess I need to look into the script capable of doing the trick...hate it 'cause I'm kinda noob of script editing

Unfortunately I can't write the whole stuff on my own since I really lack of time. But I could provide help in terms of debugging in case you need.

21 hours ago, A.J. said:

Unfortunately I can't write the whole stuff on my own since I really lack of time. But I could provide help in terms of debugging in case you need.

YOU DO? Awesome!

Okay, here's what I did after some research:

scn zMsSkinArmorScriptTEST2

ref r1
ref r2

begin onEquip 
set r1 to MoonshadowCBBE :npc dummy 1, using my custom cbbe race 
player.CopyFaceGenFrom r1
End

begin onUnEquip
set r2 to MoonshadowVan :npc dummy 2, using the vanilla race
player.CopyFaceGenFrom r2 
End

Then attach this object script to every transferred CBBE armor (and a skin, of course). It kinda worked, but the problem is: run CopyFaceGenFrom will copy everything from my dummies, which means I'd lose my current customizations, so that I need to edit the facegen data in geck each time I want to change my hair; SetRace won't keep the facegen either, as I presume. Even it does, setrace didn't seem like to work on pc at all, 'cause I tried this one but nothing happened, maybe did something wrong here:

scn zMsSkinArmorScriptTEST1

ref r1
ref r2

begin onEquip
 set r1 to MSRCBBE :my custom race
 setrace player r1
End

begin onUnEquip
 set r2 to DracoMoonshadow :vanilla
 setrace player r2
End

Assume MatchRace will act the same as setrace, MatchFaceGeometry totally messed up my face, didn't know why. Did I overlook some other block could do it better?

Again, thanks for helping.

Mmmh I do remember matchfacegeometry had problems.

Now I assume Copyfacegenfrom works fine, I remember some trouble few years ago.

shouldn't you do something like this:

- Store the facegen of the player on a dummy npc

- Equip an armor

- Change the race of the player to >>> something else

- Copy back the facegen from the dummy npc, since changing the race will reset it

or I'm missing something?

I think so changing the race likely changes the facegen to the default preset. Also I believe you need to use Update3D after setting the race and copying over the facegen to see the effect in game.

17 hours ago, A.J. said:

Mmmh I do remember matchfacegeometry had problems.

Now I assume Copyfacegenfrom works fine, I remember some trouble few years ago.

shouldn't you do something like this:

- Store the facegen of the player on a dummy npc

- Equip an armor

- Change the race of the player to >>> something else

- Copy back the facegen from the dummy npc, since changing the race will reset it

or I'm missing something?

12 hours ago, aghjax said:

I think so changing the race likely changes the facegen to the default preset. Also I believe you need to use Update3D after setting the race and copying over the facegen to see the effect in game.

Maybe not... the paradox is here: copyfacegenfrom will copy everything INCLUDING the race, so store your facegen would also change the race of dummy; then run setrace on the dummy will lose your facegen data stored on her, making the whole thing meaningless. The only way I could think of is, maybe, to run a quest each load to overwrite data stored in the .esp file-- even its possible, I assume that must involve too much advanced scripting which I could not handle. Pity that incapable of making it universal... Long as this basic issue gets solved, a script checks your upperbody slot each time you change (combined with an if function & a formlist) will make this a practical plugin for the whole project.

2 hours ago, Repal said:

Maybe not... the paradox is here: copyfacegenfrom will copy everything INCLUDING the race, so store your facegen would also change the race of dummy; then run setrace on the dummy will lose your facegen data stored on her, making the whole thing meaningless. The only way I could think of is, maybe, to run a quest each load to overwrite data stored in the .esp file-- even its possible, I assume that must involve too much advanced scripting which I could not handle. Pity that incapable of making it universal... Long as this basic issue gets solved, a script checks your upperbody slot each time you change (combined with an if function & a formlist) will make this a practical plugin for the whole project.

There's no problem in running stuff when the game loads etc. but this new problem of copyfacegen that copies the race too makes things not easy for sure.

As I see it now:

- IF it's only for you, and

- IF your custom race is the copy of another race with only the texture path changed

then it could be doable, creating those 2 npcs already in GECK with the proper facegens of you and copy them everytime you swap an armor, if it makes sense for you. To do that, I know there's a tool which allows to extract the facegen from a savegame (so that you can use it in game) and then import it on the npc using xEdit.

But you should first tell me about those 2 IFs.

Oh and if you perceive I'm out of the way, it can be, I'm pretty fuzzy in these days with the hot weather and tireness, so correct my path please :)

5 hours ago, A.J. said:

then it could be doable, creating those 2 npcs already in GECK with the proper facegens of you and copy them everytime you swap an armor, if it makes sense for you. To do that, I know there's a tool which allows to extract the facegen from a savegame (so that you can use it in game) and then import it on the npc using xEdit. 

Yes, that's the method which I'm taking right now, the only inconvenience is

On 7/7/2019 at 3:21 PM, Repal said:

so that I need to edit the facegen data in geck each time I want to change my hair

think I could live with that, one won't change her hair style that often?. Maybe I should put the idea of a universal solution away for a while, waiting for myself to become stronger?. So far, not bad

And thanks for the helping these days.

======================================================================

Something other than that, what do you think about the distortion of fingers like this? Can't remember what time it emerged, is it caused by animation mod or the skeleton?

h.png.91e1493e3e7c2f26b091f1416d926e8e.png

The hair can be scripted, but I'm not sure if it deserves the effort for something like that

About the fingers, hard to say without some tests, but the last person who told me about finger distortions then found that it was caused by a weapon animation replacer, I think Asura if I remember well (personally I never used them so I can't really know)

• 4 weeks later...

So I've been having some horrible issues with this. I use a flat chested preset I made for Fallout 4's CBBE/OS/BS mod which looks like it should in BodySlide for FNV (also, sorry you have to click links to see my screenshots. I have been using LightShot forever now and don't care to change it just because one website doesn't support it in my posts)

http://prntscr.com/oniyut 

So it works fine and dandy in Body Slide, however all of the outfits are set to the default slider values and if I try to change them it leads to horrible mutation of the clothing

http://prntscr.com/onj0nj

No matter what it doesn't seem to adjust itself at all, which doesn't make any sense at all. This didn't happen to me in Fallout 4's CBBE 

http://prntscr.com/onj1s2 There are some gaps in the Raider Harness but you wouldn't even notice them at all, unlike lingere in FNV where you can clearly get a good downblouse look because somehow the outfit is defying the laws of gravity and is just puffed out like an invisible boob is there. 

That brings me to my final issue is that out of my vagina are these fucking insane and broke as hell meat pillars of Christ stretching into the heavens like those fucked up angels in the Divine Comedy. Like the body and torso is friggin perfect, it actually looks better in FNV than it does in Fallout 4 for some reason, but why are the folds of my vagina resembling the Veteran Ranger trench coat with how they just fly off into the void like a friggin vaginal meat column 

http://prntscr.com/onj4vo

Oh and crouching, opening up the pipboy and a few other things makes the effect even worse. Now not only am I some fucked up Divine Comedy angel with vaginal meat columns kissing the Lord himself but my thighs and hips are now radiating with meat spikes that will blind a small child while simultaneously turning into the Thing's true form. 

http://prntscr.com/onj6vt

4 hours ago, keklord1115 said:

Hey I am having a few problems with my game right now. When I try to change back to T6M from CBBE I am stuck with the default CBBE body and textures while when I try to use a custom CBBE preset like Josie or balanced NV the body doesn't change. Please help? 

I'd suggest to remove the mod and the generated assets (meshes), then reinstall T6M

28 minutes ago, A.J. said:

I'd suggest to remove the mod and the generated assets (meshes), then reinstall T6M

When I do that the game changes back to vanilla though there's a few armors that I need to remove as well but the most troublesome thing so far is the pipboy not showing up aside from just the screen while in first person and weapons being invisible again while in first person

1 hour ago, keklord1115 said:

When I do that the game changes back to vanilla though there's a few armors that I need to remove as well but the most troublesome thing so far is the pipboy not showing up aside from just the screen while in first person and weapons being invisible again while in first person

If you see vanilla, then the other armor replacer probably isn't installed correctly or it's not a replacer, since it's not actually replacing.

For the second issue, try to do these steps:

- if you installed the skeleton in the first post, the beta one, try to replace it with this instead

- if you already had that one, try astymma instead

- if troubles persist, try to start a new game and see what happens

- if still troubles, then it could be some other mod

17 hours ago, A.J. said:

If you see vanilla, then the other armor replacer probably isn't installed correctly or it's not a replacer, since it's not actually replacing.

For the second issue, try to do these steps:

- if you installed the skeleton in the first post, the beta one, try to replace it with this instead

- if you already had that one, try astymma instead

- if troubles persist, try to start a new game and see what happens

- if still troubles, then it could be some other mod

Using your other skeleton doesn't change anything while using astymma's complete messes up the legs of every female npc. I started a new game and trouble still persists. What should I do?

EDIT: Fixed! Thank you so much, apple jam.