19 minutes ago, naaitsab said:

I've asked before but if anybody has something lying around mods wise or self-made some tweaks let me know. Now is the time :P 

Did you fix the Restrictive Boots first person missing record? (blocks your vision when crouched)

I think you got the file that removes the unneeded CBBE reference body. Right?

BTW, a big THANK YOU for taking this on!!

50 minutes ago, izzyknows said:

Did you fix the Restrictive Boots first person missing record? (blocks your vision when crouched)

I think you got the file that removes the unneeded CBBE reference body. Right?

BTW, a big THANK YOU for taking this on!!

I've now added the reference CBBE fixes from your post. I suspect you mean the Armor addon DD_Boots_Restrictive_Latex_Black_AA (and leather) as it uses a body slot, what NIF should be used for that?

10 minutes ago, naaitsab said:

I've now added the reference CBBE fixes from your post. I suspect you mean the Armor addon DD_Boots_Restrictive_Latex_Black_AA (and leather) as it uses a body slot, what NIF should be used for that?

It's the Female 1st Person>MOD5 - Model FileName = DeviousDevices\1stPersonHands.nif

On both boots. They're just missing that record.

Edited by izzyknows
Spoiler
On 9/14/2021 at 4:39 AM, naaitsab said:

Thanks for the tip, will look it trough. Is there an alternative to refresh the inventory you are familiar with?

No problem. That's what the modding community is for :)  The MCM implementation also seems to be working as intended so will add it to this post for people to test. Next one on the list is add a more advanced vibration system with help of @Elsidia some quirks and optimizations to work out but should be almost good to go.

Changelog over previous upload:
-Added MCM menu. Features lockable difficulty settings and changeable event cooldowns due to very popular demand.
-Merged gag face morphs by EgoBallistic (mouth opens properly). AAF is therefore now a hard requirement
-Added a AAF protectedEquipmentData XML to try and prevent stripping of DD devices in scenes
-Implemented Canary Save Game Monitor. With the large save footprint of the mod this can cause issues if unnoticed. Highly recommended to install this mod.

Due to the MCM implementation the old system using global variables are no longer in use and will be removed. When the patch is ready I will add a modded variant of ‘Deviously Cursed Menu’. To trim it down to only Cursed Wasteland.

DD with MCM RC1.zip 163.18 kB · 6 downloads

Just poking around, MCM looks good.
An option to prevent the 'blindfold effect' from applying, is about all that comes to mind at the moment (quick Bool in the Library, relevant MCM option and script config for it, and a tweak to the DD_Effect_Blindfold.psc to add a quick "if else" at the start when it's trying to apply them, should sort that out. Can work on that later if you want).

Something similar on the leg-restraints to give people an option between 'hop' and 'no hop', would be good too, but probably a bit more involved.
Can probably just leave an option in the installer for that, even if it's just a link to a mod/quick instructions for a 'how-to' (I do have a 'mod' for that, but uh... I basically just removed the script entries on those leg items entirely, so not exactly ideal... Worked though :joy:).

A lot of the rest has already been addressed, I think.
I say, then remember something else...
The 'lockpick minigame''s main flaw (to me), other than restricting you to just one bobby pin, is it evidently 'carries over' the previous bobby pin's "durability". Which might make some sense, but when you needa pick and then re-pick through 3+ Master difficulty locks, is more than a little tedious.
I also found recently, that the Rank 4 Lockpicking perk ("Your bobby pins never break during lockpicking.") isn't really "never" but "very unlikely", as it merely cranks up the "durability" of the lockpicks (to, I'd estimate, about 4x normal). Used to be truly 'unbreakable' in previous titles, but evidently not in FO4, unless I'm missing something (and no, not been testing solely on DD's shit, even vanilla lock stuff can break them if you're careless/testing).

I know I'm not the only one who'd love some more 'unlock options', or more than one lone bobby pin (maybe depending on where you are, but that'd be a fair bit of work:P).
Perhaps if @spicydoritos is alright with it, merging their DD Bench Unlock would be a nice 'middle-ground'.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Enough, I have a fucking essay to work on :bawling:
Thanks for the work so far!

E: Whelp, brain refuses to cooperate on that front anyway, so fuck it, why not? More digging!

Edited by Nebuchadnezzer2
Brain no worky goodly

Oh.. I'm not a code monkey... but..

When entering Power Armor it checks for a Race change (PowerArmor Race), It should check for furniture. This will make it more compatible with other mods like Workshop Framework, a couple drive able vehicle mods and any mod that temporarily changes the players race. Workshop Framework for example, changes you to a Bloatfly in Fly Mode, but DD still sees a race change and freaks out.

For the life of me I can't remember which file it's in. Was a long time ago. LOL

59 minutes ago, izzyknows said:

When entering Power Armor it checks for a Race change (PowerArmor Race), It should check for furniture. This will make it more compatible with other mods like Workshop Framework, a couple drive able vehicle mods and any mod that temporarily changes the players race. Workshop Framework for example, changes you to a Bloatfly in Fly Mode, but DD still sees a race change and freaks out.

For the life of me I can't remember which file it's in. Was a long time ago. LOL

Workshop Plus is the fly mode - and yes, would be nice to not have the race change even possible.

Thank you for mentioning the blocking of vision - the blindfold effect would be nice to keep - on/off - maybe with a slider for how dark it makes it... just a shade darker doesn't really seem realistic - clear vision in 3rd person AAF scenes would be nice for snapshots.

Look forward to these many fixes - particularily that they get locked on - they stay on till removed properly.  It really is too easy to escape.

Thanks for all the hard work you all have put into this.

John

1 hour ago, Nebuchadnezzer2 said:

Perhaps if @spicydoritos is alright with it, merging their DD Bench Unlock would be a nice 'middle-ground'.

If y'all deem it appropriate and desired, go right ahead.  My posted permissions include "Feel free to... incorporate into your own mods as long as the result is freely available and not paywalled."  The mod itself may still get tweaked/updated if the mood strikes, though.  ?

1 hour ago, MrCruelJohn said:

the blindfold effect would be nice to keep - on/off

I like blindfold effect. I use Darker Nights (darkest level) and boy oh boy does the flashlight become necessary! :)

1 hour ago, MrCruelJohn said:

Workshop Plus is the fly mode

Correct! Been awhile. LOL

9 hours ago, MrCruelJohn said:

It really is too easy to escape.

That was because difficulty was 9.  Now difficulty bug is fixed and for all users what use default settings will be 4. That means now work more DD properties. Simple example is than now colldown time is 4 hours. If you are in straitjacket and try unlock with key you have 5% chance to fit key.  key's broke more intense and lock breakdown is higher. That's only few changes what i remember.

UPD: Want more? Set difficulty level to zero and it will be true nightmare.

Edited by Elsidia
14 hours ago, izzyknows said:

There is some logic in DD_Library 

1. Item check that has keyword DD_kw_EffectType_BlockPowerArmor

2. Exit powerarmor if in armor

3. Add perk DD_NoPowerArmorPerk (blocks PO activation)

The only thing I can think of is that on step 2 it spasms on the exit powerarmor function. But those are both built-in functions from the game.

If akActor.IsInPowerArmor()
        akActor.SwitchToPowerArmor(None)

Can't find any active race checks otherwise.

1 hour ago, izzyknows said:

It's in DD_PlayerRefScript.psc

Around line 53. If you're using Notepad++

I changed the line to this:

If libs.player.GetRace() != PowerArmorRace    && libs.player.WornHasKeyword(libs.DD_kw_RenderedItem)

So it should only fire when you have Devious Devices on you, otherwise it will do nothing. Would that help?

Done implementing the new motion idles, looks a lot better. Bunny hop is now only linked to leg cuffs which I want to change as it makes no sense. My idea is to remove any special animations and prevent running on the institute cuffs and the iron harness set. Both due to the weight.

Currently working on a crude arousal system which fires different animations based on your level.

2 hours ago, naaitsab said:

I changed the line to this:

If libs.player.GetRace() != PowerArmorRace    && libs.player.WornHasKeyword(libs.DD_kw_RenderedItem)

So it should only fire when you have Devious Devices on you, otherwise it will do nothing. Would that help?

Done implementing the new motion idles, looks a lot better. Bunny hop is now only linked to leg cuffs which I want to change as it makes no sense. My idea is to remove any special animations and prevent running on the institute cuffs and the iron harness set. Both due to the weight.

Currently working on a crude arousal system which fires different animations based on your level.

That would probably do just fine. Because it would trigger regardless, no matter what!

I removed the bunny hop completely from everything and restricted running. Hated that almost as much as Preston.

Like the arousal system idea!!

The bound arms/hands struggle animation in first person could use a little love. It slams the camera underground. Maybe force 3rd person? Dunno.

I also removed most of the device restrictions, so if a mod or cursed loot wanted to equip say a plug while wearing a chastity belt, for example, it could. Probably not the correct way to do.. but it works for me. LOL

7 hours ago, izzyknows said:

The bound arms/hands struggle animation in first person could use a little love. It slams the camera underground. Maybe force 3rd person? Dunno.

Forcing camera to 3rd person working well in my environment. I have implemented it in my own. Moreover I've enabled arousal animation for NPCs as well.

There are a couple of issues that need to be solved

1) Sometimes animation won't start on PC and PC is able to walk instead of playing animation.

2) 3rd person camera distance is not restored to initial value after animation. 

Both issues are solvable, but I had no time for them.

If anyone intersted in a) 3rd camera forcing and b) applying DD_Event_Vibrate to NPCs then I can change my priorities and provide complete solution.

Second thing I want to see in DD_Event_Vibrate - configurable ability to disable sound and animation. I don't care about activity of magic effect, but want an option to avoid DD effects. It will be necessary if some mod will try to apply similar effects (sound and animation) caused by other reason than timer in DD_Event_Vibrate.

Edited by Dlinny_Lag
10 hours ago, Kimy said:

If you guys find somebody willing to donate some bound animations to DD, I would definitely NOT mind getting rid of the dependency on Torture Devices. I wanted to do that for years now. :D

There are still quite a few "poses" (MT animations) depended on TD at the moment. I only have the hobble animation and armbinder alternatives. There are a couple of extra idles so that's nice to have.

TD is now more actively maintained so that a little bonus :P  The poses are fine but the hobble effect for some reason is slowed down even more now. It too much.

2 hours ago, Dlinny_Lag said:

Forcing camera to 3rd person working well in my environment. I have implemented it in my own. Moreover I've enabled arousal animation for NPCs as well.

There are a couple of issues that need to be solved

1) Sometimes animation won't start on PC and PC is able to walk instead of playing animation.

2) 3rd person camera distance is not restored to initial value after animation. 

Both issues are solvable, but I had no time for them.

If anyone intersted in a) 3rd camera forcing and b) applying DD_Event_Vibrate to NPCs then I can change my priorities and provide complete solution.

Second thing I want to see in DD_Event_Vibrate - configurable ability to disable sound and animation. I don't care about activity of magic effect, but want an option to avoid DD effects. It will be necessary if some mod will try to apply similar effects (sound and animation) caused by other reason than timer in DD_Event_Vibrate.

Could you send them to me? I'm currently working on the same things. And want to implement animations next.

I've seen the requests more so I will also add an option to the MCM to prevent the applied magic effect for timed events.

There's a lot of pages here, so sorry if this is an already established topic, but are we gonna see any reverse pickpocketing with devious devices?

Would make a pick pocket build much more fun. Go around an enemy camp, slapping on cuffs to them to make them unable to attack.

Wouldn't even have to be a devious devices only mod. Just a mod that makes it so you can equip the enemy with items while pickpocketing them.

Would be hard to determine how the enemy would react. Like should they just alert everyone that they have been handcuffed. Maybe make it so if you handcuff and gag someone, they will not be hostile anymore, since they can't fight or alert others. Shouldn't be too hard for that, just check if those two armor slots are taken.

5 hours ago, naaitsab said:

There are still quite a few "poses" (MT animations) depended on TD at the moment. I only have the hobble animation and armbinder alternatives. There are a couple of extra idles so that's nice to have.

Are you just replacing the hkx files in the TD folders, or are you adding them as proper MT animations in DD?  I can add the new animations to TD, with new keywords, if you want.

1 hour ago, EgoBallistic said:

Are you just replacing the hkx files in the TD folders, or are you adding them as proper MT animations in DD?  I can add the new animations to TD, with new keywords, if you want.

It would be great if you could merge the changes, I'm now half hackjobbing the MT's as Gray Users mod is designed more as a update for TD so it's not standalone. Shall I DM the files to you?

Edited by naaitsab
17 minutes ago, naaitsab said:

It would be great if you could merge the changes, I'm now half hackjobbing the MT's as Gray Users mod is designed more as a update for TD so it's not standalone. Shall I DM the files to you?

Sure.  I also am using Gray User's replacement stuff in my game, but let me see what you have to be sure we're talking about the same things.

35 minutes ago, oldestman said:

@naaitsab Another suggestion for inclusion - vibration moans with actual vibration sounds.

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/73925-devious-devices/?do=findComment&comment=3097469

That should already be taken care off in the revised plug mechanics. It should play vibration sounds and PC "sounds" simultaneous. But thanks for mentioning it. it's quite a large thread so things might be overlooked.

2 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

Sure.  I also am using Gray User's replacement stuff in my game, but let me see what you have to be sure we're talking about the same things.

I remember something I wanted to ask you before,

If you don't want to rely on any previous Animation: like gray user animation, let me do it. In other words, the new framework can be completely new content. It hardly takes much time.

Just give me a list of requirements

Edited by kziitd