8 hours ago, vaultbait said:

It looks like the script is intended to degrade gracefully when the AAF plugin is absent. It only strictly requires AAF's script sources at compilation, right? Or am I misunderstanding the implementation there?

It's a soft dependency method. So neither is required. I've edited the post to clarify it as a soft requirement. But it's a hard requirement if you want the fix. On the other hand don't think many users load sex mods without the sex framework (AAF) :P 

9 hours ago, naaitsab said:

It's a soft dependency method. So neither is required. I've edited the post to clarify it as a soft requirement. But it's a hard requirement if you want the fix. On the other hand don't think many users load sex mods without the sex framework (AAF) :P 

Thanks! So just to clarify, this patch would not make AAF a hard requirement for Devious Devices if added, so people using DD on its own or with other non-AAF-oriented mods (does Deviously Cursed Wasteland initiate sex animations, for example?) wouldn't be required to suddenly get AAF working in order to upgrade DD and get the other bug fixes included.

2 minutes ago, theneophoenix said:

i do use fallsouls and even if i have the keys i cant removed certian items

Fallsouls not compatible with DD.

But here is your opportunity:

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/73925-devious-devices/?do=findComment&comment=3502144

There is made community patch and in theory this patch includes Fallsouls compatibility.

But no one not tested it. You can install it and see if it helps you.

If you do it will be nice if you share info about if this patch works and DD items with fallsouls can be equiped and unequiped.

42 minutes ago, Elsidia said:

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/73925-devious-devices/?do=findComment&comment=3502144

There is made community patch and in theory this patch includes Fallsouls compatibility.

If you do it will be nice if you share info about if this patch works and DD items with fallsouls can be equiped and unequiped.

sure ill give it a test run and let you know if it works

19 hours ago, Elsidia said:

This fix is for DD, and DCW itself not use AAF animations, that means after fix it not start using AAF animations

Right, it was more of a rhetorical question. I was looking for an example of a mod which uses DD but does not need AAF, indicating that making AAF a hard dependency of the next version of DD could end up with people who aren't using AAF suddenly needing to work out how to get it correctly installed. In this case it's not (yet) relevant because the requirement was clarified as a "soft" one (i.e. not really a requirement at all, just an option).

10 hours ago, Elsidia said:

so from what ive played with the patch the ui now work fine no issues from what ive seen

On 9/8/2021 at 1:02 AM, naaitsab said:

I tried to combine the fixes I deemed most important for gameplay. So mainly the script changes people have submitted on the thread.

If people could let me know if these work it could be a first step for the patch.

Due to the changes made to the core of the scripts that are most of them running all the time I would recommend a save without DD or a new game when testing.

ArmorKeyword does not seem to be used anymore so in a later stage it will be removed as a dependency. AAF however is now required for the proper handling of sex scenes with DD.

Changelog:

AAF is now a soft requirement.

DD_Libary
-Added Database rework by Tron91
Source: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/138017-boston-devious-helper-alpha/page/39/?tab=comments#comment-3146057
-Added fixes for wrong timer type call and comparison problem on actor check is player. By Elsidia
Source: DM
-Added setting to show or hide database messages ingame (DD_Config_ShowDBMessages 0 or 1). By Naaitsab

DD_RestraintScript
-Fixed difficulty always set to 9. By Elsidia
Source: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/73925-devious-devices/?do=findComment&comment=3482864
-Fixed sleep tracking. By Elsidia
Source: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/73925-devious-devices/?do=findComment&comment=3482864
-Alternative checks if player is in a menu, pipboy, containter etc. By EgoBallistic
Source: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/73925-devious-devices/?do=findComment&comment=3458705

DD_PlayerRefScript
-Removed database init call to DD_Libary
-Fixed AAF animations in devices. By EgoBallistic
Source: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/73925-devious-devices/?do=findComment&comment=3417483

Devious Devices.esm
-Added Global DD_Config_ShowDBMessages. Default is set to false. Console 'set DD_Config_ShowDBMessages to 1' to display the notifications ingame
-Changed gag talk to be less anoying (requires player NPC activation and can be exited from) by Recursive
Source: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/73925-devious-devices/page/101/?tab=comments#comment-3284988

Community patch 0.1.zip 129.84 kB · 22 downloads

@EgoBallistic if you are fine with it I would also like to implement your 'face morphs' fixes into DD itself in a later stage. As it's kinda mandatory for a decent look.

@Kimy my idea is to start with the most important things and later add nice to haves. Like more advanced vibration events and some mesh fixes. Let me know how you feel about it. Small extras like carry weight could always be bundled as optional ESL/ESP files with a FOmod installer.

On 9/5/2021 at 1:11 AM, vaultbait said:

I tried to provide an index of DD fixes/patches/enhancements (including that one) in this post, hopefully someone (maybe me but no promises) can try to combine some of them into something which can be integrated in an update for the mod itself:

Bah, that's reminded me I wanted to find a better 'solution' to the 'bunny hop' than my 'removal mod' :sweat_smile:

Kinda buried dealing with other shit right now, but will try and find time to dig around in that 'community patch', and my own DD alterations and see if I've anything I'd wanna add/suggest.
Probably some things, like swapping the auto-surrender to default to disabled, and reworking the item handling (which would likely also solve some of the NPC issues with DD), but need to go poke again and remind myself how shit worked first :joy:

47 minutes ago, Nebuchadnezzer2 said:

Bah, that's reminded me I wanted to find a better 'solution' to the 'bunny hop' than my 'removal mod' :sweat_smile:

Yeah there are no other animations available so it's either bunnyhop or slow walk :P  Perhaps one of the things that make it a bit more playable is apply the bunnyhop (or slow effect) only to the tight hobble dresses? None of the leg cuffs have chains as the 'zaz cuffs' are not ported over as I recall. So they shouldn't slow a player down.  The regular dress could have the slow effect applied.

51 minutes ago, Nebuchadnezzer2 said:

Kinda buried dealing with other shit right now, but will try and find time to dig around in that 'community patch', and my own DD alterations and see if I've anything I'd wanna add/suggest.
Probably some things, like swapping the auto-surrender to default to disabled, and reworking the item handling (which would likely also solve some of the NPC issues with DD), but need to go poke again and remind myself how shit worked first :joy:

Let me know if you find something. And surrender and equipping, isn't part of the framework as far as I know. Perhaps you are referring to Devious Cursed Wasteland?

1 hour ago, naaitsab said:

Yeah there are no other animations available so it's either bunnyhop or slow walk :P  Perhaps one of the things that make it a bit more playable is apply the bunnyhop (or slow effect) only to the tight hobble dresses? None of the leg cuffs have chains as the 'zaz cuffs' are not ported over as I recall. So they shouldn't slow a player down.  The regular dress could have the slow effect applied.

On a related note, I'm using an expanded version of this patch to make it so the ballet heel restrictive boots (with or without the corset) and some of the high-heeled dresses as well prevent running, and also make clomping heel walk sounds:

Spoiler

It needs HHS, but as I'm also using the FG+HHS slider conversion for DD that's not been a concern for me.

Yeah, it's a bit of a conundrum.
I know Skyrim's DD has crawlin anims, and I could've sworn I looked around for something similar in DD/TD a while back, but I forget if I found anything to use...

Ideally, I'd simply swap it to something else, like a shorter-stride walk, crawling, etc., but anim related crap is not my 'expertise' :joy:

Let me know if you find something. And surrender and equipping, isn't part of the framework as far as I know. Perhaps you are referring to Devious Cursed Wasteland?

Will do, and yes, it is part of DCW, which is what I was thinking of there...
I've made quite a few personal alterations, alright? :P
Which reminds me, A: an MCM, and B: ability to adjust/disable shit like the 'gagged moans' in it, will be top of my 'to-do list', when I finally get around to looking at/poking stuff

5 minutes ago, Nebuchadnezzer2 said:

Yeah, it's a bit of a conundrum.
I know Skyrim's DD has crawlin anims, and I could've sworn I looked around for something similar in DD/TD a while back, but I forget if I found anything to use...

Ideally, I'd simply swap it to something else, like a shorter-stride walk, crawling, etc., but anim related crap is not my 'expertise' :joy:

Yeah animators are hard to find... There is a mod that has crawling animations but that's not really fitting imho.

6 minutes ago, Nebuchadnezzer2 said:

Will do, and yes, it is part of DCW, which is what I was thinking of there...
I've made quite a few personal alterations, alright? :P
Which reminds me, A: an MCM, and B: ability to adjust/disable shit like the 'gagged moans' in it, will be top of my 'to-do list', when I finally get around to looking at/poking stuff

Check the screenshot above, I already made a MCM and you can change the event timers

34 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

On a related note, I'm using an expanded version of this patch to make it so the ballet heel restrictive boots (with or without the corset) and some of the high-heeled dresses as well prevent running, and also make clomping heel walk sounds:

Reveal hidden contents

It needs HHS, but as I'm also using the FG+HHS slider conversion for DD that's not been a concern for me.

Yeah also found that one, HHS is a bit to specific to add as a dependency. Currently only AAF is required. ArmorKeywords not anymore.

@naaitsab one thing you might consider is removing all of those places where the DD scripts do this:

; we force the NPC inventory to update...
            akActor.AddItem(libs.BobbyPin, 1)
            akActor.RemoveItem(libs.BobbyPin, 1)

This isn't necessary, and calling AddItem() on an NPC causes their default outfit to re-equip.  This is why mods that attempt to equip more than one DD device on NPCs often have problems, the NPC usually ends up with one device equipped and the rest in a weird state where DD thinks the item is equipped but the rendered device is not.

On 9/7/2021 at 8:02 AM, naaitsab said:

I tried to combine the fixes I deemed most important for gameplay. So mainly the script changes people have submitted on the thread.

If people could let me know if these work it could be a first step for the patch.

Due to the changes made to the core of the scripts that are most of them running all the time I would recommend a save without DD or a new game when testing.

ArmorKeyword does not seem to be used anymore so in a later stage it will be removed as a dependency. AAF however is now required for the proper handling of sex scenes with DD.

Changelog:

AAF is now a soft requirement.

DD_Libary
-Added Database rework by Tron91
Source: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/138017-boston-devious-helper-alpha/page/39/?tab=comments#comment-3146057
-Added fixes for wrong timer type call and comparison problem on actor check is player. By Elsidia
Source: DM
-Added setting to show or hide database messages ingame (DD_Config_ShowDBMessages 0 or 1). By Naaitsab

DD_RestraintScript
-Fixed difficulty always set to 9. By Elsidia
-Fixed sleep tracking. By Elsidia
-Alternative checks if player is in a menu, pipboy, containter etc. By EgoBallistic
Source: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/73925-devious-devices/?do=findComment&comment=3458705

DD_PlayerRefScript
-Removed database init call to DD_Libary
-Fixed AAF animations in devices. By EgoBallistic
Source: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/73925-devious-devices/?do=findComment&comment=3417483

Devious Devices.esm
-Added Global DD_Config_ShowDBMessages. Default is set to false. Console 'set DD_Config_ShowDBMessages to 1' to display the notifications ingame
-Changed gag talk to be less anoying (requires player NPC activation and can be exited from) by Recursive
Source: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/73925-devious-devices/page/101/?tab=comments#comment-3284988

Community patch 0.1.zip 129.84 kB · 22 downloads

@EgoBallistic if you are fine with it I would also like to implement your 'face morphs' fixes into DD itself in a later stage. As it's kinda mandatory for a decent look.

@Kimy my idea is to start with the most important things and later add nice to haves. Like more advanced vibration events and some mesh fixes. Let me know how you feel about it. Small extras like carry weight could always be bundled as optional ESL/ESP files with a FOmod installer.

Looking great so far! Thanks for your contribution to this! :)

1 hour ago, EgoBallistic said:

@naaitsab one thing you might consider is removing all of those places where the DD scripts do this:

; we force the NPC inventory to update...
            akActor.AddItem(libs.BobbyPin, 1)
            akActor.RemoveItem(libs.BobbyPin, 1)

This isn't necessary, and calling AddItem() on an NPC causes their default outfit to re-equip.  This is why mods that attempt to equip more than one DD device on NPCs often have problems, the NPC usually ends up with one device equipped and the rest in a weird state where DD thinks the item is equipped but the rendered device is not.

Thanks for the tip, will look it trough. Is there an alternative to refresh the inventory you are familiar with?

48 minutes ago, Kimy said:

Looking great so far! Thanks for your contribution to this! :)

No problem. That's what the modding community is for :)  The MCM implementation also seems to be working as intended so will add it to this post for people to test. Next one on the list is add a more advanced vibration system with help of @Elsidia some quirks and optimizations to work out but should be almost good to go.

Changelog over previous upload:
-Added MCM menu. Features lockable difficulty settings and changeable event cooldowns due to very popular demand.
-Merged gag face morphs by EgoBallistic (mouth opens properly). AAF is therefore now a hard requirement
-Added a AAF protectedEquipmentData XML to try and prevent stripping of DD devices in scenes
-Implemented Canary Save Game Monitor. With the large save footprint of the mod this can cause issues if unnoticed. Highly recommended to install this mod.

Due to the MCM implementation the old system using global variables are no longer in use and will be removed. When the patch is ready I will add a modded variant of ‘Deviously Cursed Menu’. To trim it down to only Cursed Wasteland.

DD with MCM RC1.zip

2 minutes ago, naaitsab said:

Thanks for the tip, will look it trough. Is there an alternative to refresh the inventory you are familiar with?

I don't think it is ever necessary.  However, the problem with outfits getting reset only happens if the ContainerMenu is closed.  So, it may be sufficient to only remove the cases where the menu isn't open, like in OnEquipped() in DD_RestraintScript.

Just as a reminder, but keep in mind that everything that's slated to go into DD needs to come with full usage permissions and the contributor needs to assure that the assets are free of 3rd party rights. When this patch is ready to get merged, I probably won't be able to verify this myself anymore. So if you guys use anything you didn't make, please make sure that the creator is cool with the DD contribution rules.

2 hours ago, Kimy said:

Just as a reminder, but keep in mind that everything that's slated to go into DD needs to come with full usage permissions and the contributor needs to assure that the assets are free of 3rd party rights. When this patch is ready to get merged, I probably won't be able to verify this myself anymore. So if you guys use anything you didn't make, please make sure that the creator is cool with the DD contribution rules.

This is something I've always kept in mind. All changes are made on scripts you made and I've credited people for their additions. EgoBallistic mouth-gag fix was also implemented after a green light from them.

Currently I'm adding some animations from 'Gray User' so we finally have proper hobble skirt "walking" and some nice armbinder fixes. Those are specifically stated free to use as long as it's hosted on LL. The plug event rewrite I'm co-creating with Elsidia so that's also fine permissions wise.

If I need specific permissions I will ask them and when it's time for a proper release I will send you all the files and the verification.

I've asked before but if anybody has something lying around mods wise or self-made some tweaks let me know. Now is the time :P