Devious Devices Framework Development/Beta

I am attempting to make a private patch for some non-Devious piercings and want to add DD vibrating effect to them. From the initial analysis of the DD .esm files in xEdit I assume this is done by keywords. I have found the necessary keywords I want to use, but I noticed that some of the devices also use the following:

zad_EffectVibrateOnSpellCast

zad_EffectLively

zad_EffectVeryLively

zad_EffectsLinked

Can I ask for a brief explanation on what exactly those effects do? How are they different form zad_EffectVibrating<insert vibration strength>?

Edited by belegost

Not holding my breath but I think switching from 5.1 to 5.2 beta 2 may have fixed my intermittent freezing / CTD issues. I never did find what exactly was causing it but had chalked it up to too many animations or scripts in my game.

Either way, looking good! I was mostly looking at this thread to see if there was a fix for the short catsuit gloves without the catsuit, found that and more. Thank you!

Edited by DissidentPriestess
On 11/29/2021 at 9:38 PM, UnEvenSteven said:

I've used the "Feuertin Alt" animations for as long as I can remember so it's not that. I can't seem to replicate the Armbinder clipping issues with NPCs but I can with the Rope Armbinder.

CBBE:

Hide contents

CBBEArm.png.97096dc53b443c8ed5b5dc0b2203f971.pngCBBERope.png.9cfe54942a2a3f7023b43350e354da09.png

UUNP:

Hide contents

UUNPArm.png.dd1085370e70bd9e5f8b3343b6f396f5.pngUUNPElbow.png.6e4c1238deb2b50da3aa1e32eb9bec35.pngUUNPRope.png.d882b824f06ea1e71edf57dea738fcc5.png

As you can see the Arm and Elbowbinders appear to have the proper pose for both the PC and NPC regardless of body type.

The Rope Armbinder is a different story. It seems to be using a different or incorrect pose for NPCs, the arms are squished together too much. 

That's a result of the recent patch that overhauled Priority settings and checked off a few more Biped Slots on certain devices. I made sure Arm and Elbowbinders have slot "34-Forearms" checked so now they'll hide that part of outfits or armor.

It looks like the rope binders are using the elbow binders pose I think which is more squished in than the armbinder pose?

Edited by Ookla
3 minutes ago, Hpl55 said:

Posting here too in case its better suited.

i am having the stuck in dd items issue too. Message will confirm unequip but pc stays equiped. Not even removeallitems gets rid of them.

can 5.2 be tested on SE?

Yes, I've converted 5.2. It can be tested on SE but not AE.

The link is in the troubleshooting post in the DD SE thread, or on page 169 in here.

However, I'm doubtful if it will resolve your issue. Won't hurt to try, but I think it's more likely you've got a conflict we might not have known about yet.

On 12/2/2021 at 5:13 AM, ttpt said:

My problem is then is there any sort of DOCUMENTATION as to what device combinations the animations in the DD and DD2 folder correspond to. Like the the set of 6 animations abc*_ and hbc*_. Like where's the yoke but no ponywalk animation at, straighjackets? petsuit?.  I could rename and relaunch the game another 12 times to find out, but going through the ponygirl animations took me long enough.

So i did end up relaunching the game another 12 twelve times, but I finally understood how the animations were set up, since I did this with 5.1 version I won't bore you with more details, but I will leave a link to it

Since it's just a skeleton folder and you need to manually move animation files, it's probably still useful for LE, but I don't know if the 5.2 beta has moved animations files around or what other sort of changes it has so your mileage may vary.

I wonder if there's a possibility to add new type of plug - hollow plug. So that the character's anus could be plugged and still be available to use. I also could model and texture the assets, though rigging/skinning is beyond my comprehension ?
And on totally side note, been playing around with the idea of new chastity belt design is my spare time.

Spoiler

image.png.b2cd62362ad51fbba2072635361fa395.png

image.png.2863a1a1b6a516b25d153bae87ae8f40.png

image.png.12cefe6a28febb772dd75ba3038db137.png

image.png.d2944d1b91c9e2b05ab49eb466910898.png

1 hour ago, paparebbe said:

I wonder if there's a possibility to add new type of plug - hollow plug. So that the character's anus could be plugged and still be available to use. I also could model and texture the assets, though rigging/skinning is beyond my comprehension ?
And on totally side note, been playing around with the idea of new chastity belt design is my spare time.

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.b2cd62362ad51fbba2072635361fa395.png

image.png.2863a1a1b6a516b25d153bae87ae8f40.png

image.png.12cefe6a28febb772dd75ba3038db137.png

image.png.d2944d1b91c9e2b05ab49eb466910898.png

Looks nice, there are a couple of tutorials online how to get stuff from blender into Skyrim (search blender to skyrim NIF). The Maya NIF plugin is only available on very old versions so not really used as far as I can tell.

8 hours ago, incrediblysecure said:

in LE UUNP bodyslide, the 'normal' harnesses don't seem to wiggle when i wiggle sliders. they also clip in-game after being built. collar-less and other modified versions appear to work fine in bodyslide

Can confirm, don't know what the fuck happened. After Kimy releases the next test version I'll upload fixed bodyslide files.

Hi. Uhmm...

So I've been tinkering a bit with SkyUI in trying to make Devious Devices look a bit more distinguishable from generic inventory items and I've made some interesting progress thus far in understanding how icons, colours and such can be modified (thanks to Left Handed Rings Modified )

image.png.a84c070f146644b7e08f0f9eca425af3.png

I am by no means great at making decent looking SkyUI icons but I think this turned out okay for representing a "universal device" for now.

Because SkyUI is sensitive in editing the .swf-s, I can't just add a bunch of new custom icons after the existing ones. Instead I've had to replace an existing icon for misc_artifact that I don't think is ever used, and then arranged all DDs to use that icon ID, so that's a little bit helpful.

Now, I want to expand on this discovery and also fill in the CLASS and ARM columns for these items to perhaps also reference the material or the body-area of concern for each device, so that those also become traits that can be sorted after in SkyUI.

However, I've noticed that the 5.1 version of Devious Devices (LE) already does feature keywords mentioning unique materials (leather, ebonite, rope, etc.) but they are not actually distributed to any of the inventory-instances of each device(?); which is why I can't fill in any more information than is seen here, because the only reliable keyword that exists thus far to filter for DDs is zad_InventoryDevice.

image.png.75a74f8a362f717a8673b8c017d43bcd.png

So, I wanted to suggest that if more category keywords are distributed to the Inventory-instances of each device, then this SkyUI tweak could really take off and perhaps the modified SkyUI config-file and .swf can also manifest in a future DD version, if an optional thing.

The only issue is that this will conflict with Left Handed Rings, as well as other mods that modify the config.txt from SkyUI, so that might be something to keep in mind; not that there are a lot of mods that do this right now (I think).

Oh, and if you feel creative you can try making your own 128 x 128 .bmp icon (preferably single white-colour silhouette with transparent background) representing a generic Devious Device in some fashion, and it might even look better than what I've briefly put together here.

Anyway, I would love to see Devious Devices and its additional content expand into cooperating with SkyUI to look as intuitive as possible from a UI-perspective so let me know what you think about the idea. Should maybe also contact the author(s) of SkyUI and ask if modifying a single (seemingly unused) icon within the .swf is fair game.

Had some weirdness with the latest catsuit patches. When I equip a red-white suit, gloves and socks on a NPC the following happens. If I remove the suit via the trade menu it's briefly visible but disappears again. But the body does not show.

Equipping the black suit with the red socks+gloves is no problem. 

Spoiler

ScreenShot70.thumb.jpg.309408d2d7703412bfa89044ba4cba12.jpg

Hi all,

Got another bug report, this time concerning the Contraptions component:

While bound in a contraption (random torture pole in this case), one of DD's polled events kicked in ("stumble over your boots"). The usual stumble & fall to the ground anim did not play, but after a short while, presumably when the stumble anim would have normally ended, my character just ended up outside of the contraption. With full access to all movement controls, etc. Pressing "e" still brought up the Contraption's device menu, so technically I was still locked in it, though I could move freely.

15 hours ago, naaitsab said:

Had some weirdness with the latest catsuit patches. When I equip a red-white suit, gloves and socks on a NPC the following happens. If I remove the suit via the trade menu it's briefly visible but disappears again. But the body does not show.

Equipping the black suit with the red socks+gloves is no problem. 

Reveal hidden contents

ScreenShot70.thumb.jpg.309408d2d7703412bfa89044ba4cba12.jpg

This issue seems to be affecting every catsuit.

Catsuits pre-equipped on NPCs, such as Laura from her bondage shop, appear to work fine but the problem occurs when trying to equip them on NPCs in-game. 

This is most likely a scripting issue as the rendered device doesn't appear until you change the NPCs inventory in some manner. Or if you attempt to remove the suit without a key the rendered device will appear. Or if you remove the suit from the NPC with a key and equip a different colored suit the previous suit's rendered device will appear instead.

1 hour ago, UnEvenSteven said:

This issue seems to be affecting every catsuit.

Catsuits pre-equipped on NPCs, such as Laura from her bondage shop, appear to work fine but the problem occurs when trying to equip them on NPCs in-game. 

This is most likely a scripting issue as the rendered device doesn't appear until you change the NPCs inventory in some manner. Or if you attempt to remove the suit without a key the rendered device will appear. Or if you remove the suit from the NPC with a key and equip a different colored suit the previous suit's rendered device will appear instead.

Probably a scripting thingy. Laura (the shopkeeper, not me) doesn't have it locked on, I just put the inventory item in her inventory. So it doesn't behave like a device.

6 hours ago, El_Duderino said:

Hi all,

Got another bug report, this time concerning the Contraptions component:

While bound in a contraption (random torture pole in this case), one of DD's polled events kicked in ("stumble over your boots"). The usual stumble & fall to the ground anim did not play, but after a short while, presumably when the stumble anim would have normally ended, my character just ended up outside of the contraption. With full access to all movement controls, etc. Pressing "e" still brought up the Contraption's device menu, so technically I was still locked in it, though I could move freely.

Since we are discussing contraptions there is an old bug that happens only statistically so its hard to recreate on purpose, but the general idea is a furniture-sex scene is triggered, and the NPC actor moves toward the player character (or gets teleported into her) in a way that slightly bumps into her and moves her from her position in the furniture. If it happens so, the bug described above will happen and the player will be free to walk rather than get placed back in the furniture. If the player character isn't moved at all then it gets back in the furniture as it should

On 12/5/2021 at 9:29 AM, Mailer_ said:

However, I've noticed that the 5.1 version of Devious Devices (LE) already does feature keywords mentioning unique materials (leather, ebonite, rope, etc.) but they are not actually distributed to any of the inventory-instances of each device(?); which is why I can't fill in any more information than is seen here, because the only reliable keyword that exists thus far to filter for DDs is zad_InventoryDevice.

I also suggested a while ago for some keywords to be added to inventory devices, as that would make it much easier and faster to sort through a player's inventory to search for specific devices for self-bondage events.

Edited by Code Serpent

Hi again,

One more Contraptions-related thing, though this one isn't a bug -- probably at most a minor inconvenience:

While I'm locked in a furniture device and then pull up the console, the "e" key keeps being "hot" and brings up the furniture escape menu in the background as soon as I type something with "e" in it (like playEr.additEm [furniturekey#] ? ) Nothing breaks though and I can use both the console and the escape menu just fine (after closing console again), so as I said, just a minor inconvenience.

Hi all. I've a suggestion for a small change: could the chance to fail to pick up an item while in bondage mittens be changed to a property in the script? Currently it's set to a hardcoded value of 80%. I.e. in zadx_BondageMittensScript change the lines "if Utility.RandomFloat(0.0, 99.9) < 80.0" to "if Utility.RandomFloat(0.0, 99.9) < dropChance" and add dropChance as a property (with 80% as default value). That way mod authors can use that script for easier or harder versions of the effect. ?

I've got another Contraptions bug report:

The prisoner chains that get applied to an NPC when targetting them via the hotkeyed spell get added even if the NPC is already locked in leg and/or arm cuffs. Which causes the Contraptions' prisoner chains to fail to get equipped properly -- the issue really only shows up after unequipping the (regular) arm/leg cuffs: now the DDC prisoner chains suddenly show up on the NPC as an equipped rendered device (together with its spells such as the AltAnim set), but it's invisible in their inventory and thus something of a "broken device" that can't be easily unequipped again (though applying the Contraptions selection spell twice on said NPCs thankfully removed the prisoner chains).

Also: Happy weekend, everybody!

I'm trying to make a patch for invisible contraptions when in use by the player in Skyrim VR. The issue is related to AnimObjects, SL and VRIK which likely wont be fixed anytime soon. My workaround relies on detecting when the player enters a device (like a pillory for example) and then makes a clone of that device, teleports it in the same location as the original and disables all colision. So far it only works sometimes because I didn't always receive the DDC_DeviceEvent. I think it's related to this line in zadcFurnitureScript.psc:
Bool Property SendDeviceModEvents = False Auto

Is there a reason why you wouldn't want some devices to emit mod events? And is there maybe a different method to detect if the player enters or leaves a device? I'm trying to make patch in a way that I don't have to recompile it every time a new version of DD comes out and mod events seem like the way to go.

Edited by l1nkler

I'm an independent translation editor (if I may say so ?) of your modification and I noticed a discrepancy in the name of 3 devices (but most likely in 1): 
White Ebonite Slave Harness (Unlocked);
Red Ebonite Slave Harness (Unlocked);
Black Ebonite Harness (Unlocked).
I believe that Black Ebonite Harness (Unlocked) needs the word "Slave".

2 hours ago, Zaflis said:

I would guess none of them should have "Slave". That's something determined by quest or scenario, not item itself.

Either it's a misunderstanding between us, or I'm just "clinging"...
But I judge by the EDIT-records:

zadx_WTEharnessUnlocked - White Ebonite Slave Harness (Unlocked)
zadx_RDEharnessUnlocked - Red Ebonite Slave Harness (Unlocked)
zadx_EbharnessUnlocked - Black Ebonite Harness (Unlocked)

I can't say that this is critical ...