Devious Devices Framework Development/Beta

A very simple quality of life request

Have you noticed that every time you load a save, after a second or two there's the sound of cloth?  That's the item pickup sound for the Device Hider.  After you start noticing it, it's distracting.

That sound can be eliminated by assigning a silent sound (like XXXPlaceHolderSilenceDesc [SNDR:000339C7]) for the Device Hider's item pickup and putdown sounds.  I did this in my local copy, and games load in blessed silence.

Another request, not so simple:  Realistic Sex With Plugs.

If a woman is wearing a vaginal plug that just slips in and out (in DD terms, one that's non-locking, not inflatable, and not flagged as blockgeneric or quest), and she wants to have vaginal sex, wouldn't she just remove it and replace it afterwards?

If DD were to check on sex start for vaginal or anal plugs that are valid to remove, temporarily unequip them, then reequip them on sex end, that seems realistic -- exactly what people would do in real life.

5 minutes ago, HexBolt8 said:

If a woman is wearing a vaginal plug that just slips in and out (in DD terms, one that's non-locking, not inflatable, and not flagged as blockgeneric or quest), and she wants to have vaginal sex, wouldn't she just remove it and replace it afterwards?

If DD were to check on sex start for vaginal or anal plugs that are valid to remove, temporarily unequip them, then reequip them on sex end, that seems realistic -- exactly what people would do in real life.

On a more backward note, I had always wondered what people meant when they told politicians, after some particularly assinine performance, to 'shove it up your arse'.  Thanks for the enlightenment ...

7 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

If DD were to check on sex start for vaginal or anal plugs that are valid to remove

I agree with this, however the plug(s) should only be removed if no other valid animations are found.

If character is wearing a butt plug, but nothing else, there are plenty of vaginal animations available, butt plug stays in, and vice versa.

If character is plugged in both holes, one or both plugs are removed for the duration of the sex scene.

9 hours ago, Taki17 said:

I agree with this, however the plug(s) should only be removed if no other valid animations are found.

If character is wearing a butt plug, but nothing else, there are plenty of vaginal animations available, butt plug stays in, and vice versa.

If character is plugged in both holes, one or both plugs are removed for the duration of the sex scene.

I understand what you're saying, and perhaps both approaches could be accommodated with a configuration setting, but there are times when a specific animation is called for.  In various romance or prostitution mods, the player might agree to a specific sex act, or an NPC might request or demand a certain act.  A plug that's free to slip out really should do so; one of the participants would remove it.

Prior to DD 5, it was weird to see a guy banging away at an orifice with a plug protruding from it.  Ouch!  DD 5 solved that with the animation filter, but in doing so it excludes some sex acts that realistically should be okay, and they would be valid if non-locking non-blocking plugs were removed and replaced, just as people would do in real life.

The filter's purpose is just to place reasonable limits on what sex actors can do based on equipped items.  It already has to do checking at the start of sex, so temporary plug removal would fit in.  Most plugs don't lock, aren't inflatable, and aren't blocking, so there are many situations where this change would allow an intended sex act to proceed naturally, without compromising the filter.  I did a quick mock-up, and it wasn't much code.  Anyway, it's my hope that @Kimy will decide that the change is worthwhile.

Edited by HexBolt8
On 2/10/2022 at 6:14 AM, HexBolt8 said:

IMO what would be even hotter - is tunnel plug. Being plugged and still having ability to be fucked sounds amazingly kinky. But I tried modeling it and, at least for CBBE there’s no good approach to do that since there’s no anal/vaginal bones and no way to enlarge the openings and, well, there are no inner parts modeled either. So best that can be done is filling the plug’s orifice with shallow inverted black/dark red cone, and that just looks bad. 

As much as I like more "realism" the animation filter currently already takes quite some processing time as the papyrus engine is not that great. So adding more things to check/do will make this latency even higher. 

Or this could also be a SL issue, don't know the filter well enough to be certain.

@Kimy Pretty sure this has been reported before, but can't find it.

Elbow shackles use the wrong animation when hands/weapons are unsheathed.

With hands sheathed, they use the elbow shackle animation when walking/running/sneaking

When hands are unsheathed, they use the yoke animation when walking/running/sneaking

When attempting to remove them, the text calls them a yoke. Also can't easily remove them when the lock is manipulated.

xx0530C2 - zadx_elbowshacklesCollar_Rendered

xx053626 - zadx_elbowshacklesHook_Rendered

xx05362A - zadx_elbowshackles_Rendered

• 2 weeks later...

Got distracted for a couple of weeks, so just verifying: The beta testing didn't move on to another thread I cannot find, right? Is it just a coincidentlly silent time?

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind waiting at all (At such times I just hope everyone here lives in a place that is safe.). Just making sure I am not missing something.

Edited by thedarkone1234

Are there any plans on making more devices compatible with male characters? I understand that male devices aren't exactly a popular request, but having some devices work and others be invisible is rather annoying. Even something like an armbinder fallback for incompatible devices, or something to stop a player from having an incompatible device equipped, would be greatly appreciated by me and probably like 3 other people.

Hi @Kimy. So yesterday I update DD to 5.2 beta 4 and when I look at the FOMOD one thing appear in my mind. Is it possible to have both bunny hopping movement and walking movement at the same time, with something like Dynamic Animation Replacer. I always found it a little awkward when moving fast with walking animation and moving slow with bunnyhop.

As the current BS supports proper catsuit wearing with deices. Like the Restrictive set (collar, corset and boots). I was wondering how this could be implemented with the device hider option. As out of the box this nice addon is nullified.

As it just filters on slot 31 it does not check what is worn on 31. And multiple devices seem to be using the suit keyword you can't filter for only catsuits. So my idea would be to add a new keyword. Something like zad_NoHideCorset and zad_NoHideBelt which you can add to the rendered armor instance of a catsuit

Then in the function SetDefaultSlotMasks on the devices underneath script it could check if the device is slot 31 and if there is a keyword. As this mainly goes for catsuit + belt and catsuit + corset it would involve just 2 checks:

HideEquipment(32, 58) ; When slot 32 is equipped, hide slot 58 (Corsets).
HideEquipment(32, 49) ; When slot 32 is equipped, hide slot 49 (Belts).

If the keyword zad_NoHideCorset is present on slot 58 it should not hide the device in 58. Same goes for 49 and the belt. From what I recall the @UnEvenSteven could not get the bra working on top of the catsuit (thanks for trying) so atm it would be just these 2 compatible devices. Unless somebody knows a trick to get the bra working by dynamicly shrinking the boob section of the mesh. Which afaik is only possible on a body?

Example of what I'm referring to:

Capture.JPG.55d12d047086ac16fd3b4b051ff3945b.JPG

Hello @Kimy

If you are interested, I have found a way to fix 2 prevailing bugs from zadEquipScript which can be fixed with simple one liners.

• Equipping device makes actor to close their mouth (which is most noticeable if they are gagged). Solution is to add check that the QueueNiNodeUpdate is only called if inventory menu is opened

#line 230

if akActor == libs.PlayerRef && !akActor.IsOnMount() && UI.IsMenuOpen("InventoryMenu")
        akActor.QueueNiNodeUpdate()

• Equipping device after actor have already device which use BoundEffect will cause to apply BoundEffect. Even if the device doesn't change animation in anyway. This makes current idle state of actor to reset (most noticeable when actor have armbinder -> having new device locked on makes the bound arm to get reset to default, removing them from armbinder). Solution is to add check so ApplyBoundEffect is only called on devices which are relevant for BoundEffect

#line ~253

if deviceRendered.HasKeyword(libs.zad_DeviousHeavyBondage)

|| deviceRendered.HasKeyword(libs.zad_DeviousHobbleSkirt)        

||deviceRendered.HasKeyword(libs.zad_DeviousPonyGear)
        libs.StartBoundEffects(akActor)    
    EndIf

I have tested both of these changes, and they work as intended. Here is the modified script and also the compiled script DD - equipscript patch.zip. As reference version, I used Beta 4.

Edited by ihatemykite
Formating
22 hours ago, Code Serpent said:

Question on suits: since version 5, are all suits intended to work like chastity belts without the Allow_Vaginal and Allow_Anal keywords?

Simply put, yes. If there's any device that's considered a suit, basically any device using Slot-32, but looks like it should allow for penetrative sex then they'll need "permit_vaginal" and "permit_anal" keywords.

Perfect examples of devices that are considered suits but should allow for sex are the regular Straitjacket, Pet Suit and the new Boxbinder Outfit. I'm not sure about Catsuits, though. Hobble dresses should be blocking sex for obvious reasons.

Edited by UnEvenSteven
On 3/6/2022 at 1:29 PM, Zaflis said:

Interesting, i can confirm that CBBE does have armbinder in Bodyslide but UNP does not, DD 5.1 LE version i checked

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/157168-devious-devices-le-51-2021-01-19/page/49/#comment-3690247

I never made an Armbinder for UUNP bodyslide and no one else did either.

It simply does not exist at this time.

Edited by Gameplayer
5 hours ago, Gameplayer said:

I never made an Armbinder for UUNP bodyslide and no one else did either.

It simply does not exist at this time.

I made one a while back for SE. I don't recall anyone complaining more than usual about them, so I assume they work decently, but I don't use UNP. And looks like elbowbinders are in 5.2, so probably all that's needed out of here would be the armbinders. I haven't touched these in about a year, other than changing the group to not conflict with the DD UNP group just now.

If you want to convert to LE and use it as a base to add into the rest of the bodyslides, here you go:

DD UUNP Binders (SE).7z

23 minutes ago, thedarkone1234 said:

Now I am really confused, because I never ever used CBBE and never chose it in the FOMOD, but I always had perfectly fine armbinders and elbow binders. So if they don't exist in UUNP (on LE), where did they come from?

They're just basic nifs that are already included - kinda like the masks and other head gear and other devices that aren't in bodyslide. There's no morphing for the bodyshape with the basic nif.

As long as you don't have really extreme arms, shoulders, or chest width/depth, it's not really a problem. They just don't fit as closely as they can for all body shapes. I believe the subject was originally brought up in the LE thread because it looked 'loose'.