Devious Devices Framework Development/Beta

1 hour ago, Futureposer said:

Hello,

Maybe anyone else had the same problem and has a solution for it?

image.png.71095efce36a5637a7f0adfda20245eb.png

Looks like a vortex error. I'm not sure what it's complaining about. None of the fomod xmls have an 'operator' attribute.

Let me poke around and see what vortex is being a diva about now.

It installs fine with MO2.

Edit: Found it, it was in the fomod xml. Search didn't find it the first time for some reason. I'll upload a new zip in a few hours after changing how it installs. I guess the fomod tool I used to edit it doesn't do conditionals the way kimy does.

Edited by zarantha

@Kimy

Bad news, the seamless catsuits might have to be scrapped all together. Doing what testing I can there seems to be no way to keep parts of the catsuit from disappearing or even gloves and boots disappearing.

I think I've narrowed down the cause, Skyrim doesn't seem to like items that have Biped Slots 33-Hands and 37-Feet checked. If you're trying to equip two items with the same slots the Priority seems to be completely ignored if the items in question are equipped through script. I think this is indeed a quirk with the game engine (surprise, surprise right?).

I came to this conclusion by simply removing the 33-Hands and 37-Feet from the new seamless catsuit, equipped it followed by gloves and boots. It appeared no matter the order I tried equipping the devices the gloves and boots were always shown, no invisible parts were seen.

Looks like we'll need to go back to the older catsuit with gloves and socks being separate. I'll probably also have to remove cuffs from those devices as people complained about those. 

You can still update the test build with my patch and the recent Elbowbinder patch. I'll have to do some work on this but it might be next week before I can do so. RIP Seamless Catsuit.

1 hour ago, zarantha said:

It should. Shows up in nifskope now, but I haven't been able to go in game yet.

Can confirm on my end it shows now. Having issues that probably are just new / temporary framework problems and not conversion issues though. Stuff like the elbowbinders not wrapping the texture correctly, and the new corsets disappearing. Also having problems with calves disappearing on restrictive boots, which is probably a 3BA problem.

11 hours ago, UnEvenSteven said:

@Kimy

Bad news, the seamless catsuits might have to be scrapped all together. Doing what testing I can there seems to be no way to keep parts of the catsuit from disappearing or even gloves and boots disappearing.

I think I've narrowed down the cause, Skyrim doesn't seem to like items that have Biped Slots 33-Hands and 37-Feet checked. If you're trying to equip two items with the same slots the Priority seems to be completely ignored if the items in question are equipped through script. I think this is indeed a quirk with the game engine (surprise, surprise right?).

I came to this conclusion by simply removing the 33-Hands and 37-Feet from the new seamless catsuit, equipped it followed by gloves and boots. It appeared no matter the order I tried equipping the devices the gloves and boots were always shown, no invisible parts were seen.

Looks like we'll need to go back to the older catsuit with gloves and socks being separate. I'll probably also have to remove cuffs from those devices as people complained about those. 

You can still update the test build with my patch and the recent Elbowbinder patch. I'll have to do some work on this but it might be next week before I can do so. RIP Seamless Catsuit.

Did you also have the same issues with the black variant? So using the texture path that is hardcoded in the nif. Had some weird glitches before on a body item combined with a textureset applied to the armor addon when I tried some outfit merges a while ago. 

5 hours ago, TrickyK said:

Can confirm on my end it shows now. Having issues that probably are just new / temporary framework problems and not conversion issues though. Stuff like the elbowbinders not wrapping the texture correctly, and the new corsets disappearing. Also having problems with calves disappearing on restrictive boots, which is probably a 3BA problem.

Elbowbinders were redone for SE, and have the arm weights painted on the binder as well as the spine. Others are reporting issues with the elbowbinders, so I may need to switch them back to just the spine even though they were fine last I checked a few months ago.

Calves disappearing sounds more like a conflict with another device - the priority issue that was discussed earlier. 3BA would be more of a clipping issue while moving.

Are you seeing the calves when wearing just the boots?

Maybe it's only an issue on my end but it seems straightjackers in 5.2 are working different from how they did in 5.1, where it seems like they are using armbinder/elbowbinder animation? Well it looks like arms are forced behind character how they are in armbinder/elbowbinder instead of how they used to be in 5.1 straightjackers  making it look like hands are cut off near shoulder part. 

Using SE with 3BA body

Spoiler

image.png.dbae5d5ed09bc30ec3f987a81ddfa230.pngimage.png.6976d974ed0102ab88a5fcb02b6234ae.png

11 hours ago, zarantha said:

Elbowbinders were redone for SE, and have the arm weights painted on the binder as well as the spine. Others are reporting issues with the elbowbinders, so I may need to switch them back to just the spine even though they were fine last I checked a few months ago.

Calves disappearing sounds more like a conflict with another device - the priority issue that was discussed earlier. 3BA would be more of a clipping issue while moving.

Are you seeing the calves when wearing just the boots?

They disappeared just wearing them. So it's probably what you're saying it is.

11 hours ago, Futureposer said:

Maybe it's only an issue on my end but it seems straightjackers in 5.2 are working different from how they did in 5.1, where it seems like they are using armbinder/elbowbinder animation? Well it looks like arms are forced behind character how they are in armbinder/elbowbinder instead of how they used to be in 5.1 straightjackers  making it look like hands are cut off near shoulder part. 

Using SE with 3BA body

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.dbae5d5ed09bc30ec3f987a81ddfa230.pngimage.png.6976d974ed0102ab88a5fcb02b6234ae.png

No, they've always used the armbinder/elbowbinder animation, that's why you would have floating tats or overlays behind you sometimes, because that's where the invisible hands were.

What changed is that I figured out how to get fancy and properly weight the arms, and I seem to have shot myself in the foot on a few devices by doing so.

Update to the bodyslides coming soon. Redoing the armbinder/elbowbinder, straitjacket weights.

When i do it, it will just be a set of bodyslides to install ontop of 5.2. I'll merge them when we get the next beta.

15 hours ago, Futureposer said:

Using SE with 3BA body

Should be fixed now, along with the arm/elbowbinders.

DD 5.2 beta1 Bodyslides v0.1: https://mega.nz/file/tLwCCLRI#P-xeikL5DkKDuWyStRovvecMxkJDMCrtGLjiWY0g8gE

I see depend on source files in DD 5.2 isn't fixed rendered devices bug:

Spoiler

Event OnEquipped(Actor akActor)        
    libs.Log("OnEquipped("+akActor.GetLeveledActorBase().GetName()+": "+deviceInventory.GetName()+")")        
    if akActor == libs.PlayerRef
        libs.log("Checking for active unequip operation for " + zad_DeviousDevice)
        int counter = 10 ; half second intervals, so 5 secs max
        while (StorageUtil.GetIntValue(akActor, "zad_RemovalOperation" + zad_DeviousDevice) == 1) && counter > 0
            libs.log("Device Swap detected. Waiting for removal operation to complete.")
            ; this looks to be a device swap, let's wait a bit
            counter -= 1
            Utility.Wait(0.5)
        EndWhile
        libs.log("No active unequip operation running for " + zad_DeviousDevice + ". Proceeding")
    EndIf    
    if akActor.GetItemCount(deviceRendered) > 0
        libs.Log("OnEquipped aborted - item is already worn.")        
        ; no need to process if the item is already worn
        return
    EndIf

if akActor.GetItemCount(deviceRendered) == 0 && akActor.WornHasKeyword(zad_DeviousDevice)
        libs.Log("Wearing conflicting device type:" + zad_DeviousDevice)        
        menuDisable = true
        akActor.UnequipItem(deviceInventory, false, true)        
        return
    EndIf   

See red part. Depend of this part if player have rendered device more than 0 it's abort rendered devices equip process.

But DCL 9.0 shows that mod produces rendered devices what not equipped. That means if in inventory are match bugged rendered device - this new device never will be equipped.

At least there must be check if this rendered device is equipped. If not then continue equip process because in inventory are bugged device.

UPD: for me i add this part (green) to remove bugged devices and mod works fine:

Spoiler

Event OnEquipped(Actor akActor)        
    libs.Log("OnEquipped("+akActor.GetLeveledActorBase().GetName()+": "+deviceInventory.GetName()+")")        
    if akActor == libs.PlayerRef
        libs.log("Checking for active unequip operation for " + zad_DeviousDevice)
        int counter = 10 ; half second intervals, so 5 secs max
        while (StorageUtil.GetIntValue(akActor, "zad_RemovalOperation" + zad_DeviousDevice) == 1) && counter > 0
            libs.log("Device Swap detected. Waiting for removal operation to complete.")
            ; this looks to be a device swap, let's wait a bit
            counter -= 1
            Utility.Wait(0.5)
        EndWhile
        libs.log("No active unequip operation running for " + zad_DeviousDevice + ". Proceeding")
    EndIf    
    If !akActor.IsEquipped(deviceRendered) && akActor.GetItemCount(deviceRendered) > 0
        akActor.RemoveItem(deviceRendered, akActor.GetItemCount(deviceRendered),true)
    EndIf

if akActor.GetItemCount(deviceRendered) > 0
        libs.Log("OnEquipped aborted - item is already worn.")        
        ; no need to process if the item is already worn
        return
    EndIf
    if akActor.GetItemCount(deviceRendered) == 0 && akActor.WornHasKeyword(zad_DeviousDevice)
        libs.Log("Wearing conflicting device type:" + zad_DeviousDevice)        
        menuDisable = true
        akActor.UnequipItem(deviceInventory, false, true)        
        return
    EndIf   

UPD2: I forgot mention that this part of script are in zadequipscript.psc

Edited by Elsidia

I converted these to BHUNP:

EboniteBodyHarness, No Collar
   LeatherBodyHarness
   LeatherBodyHarness, No Collar
   LeatherBodyHarnessCrotchless
   LeatherBodyHarnessCrotchless, No Collar
   EboniteBodyHarness
   EboniteBodyHarnessCrotchless
   EboniteBodyHarnessCrotchless, No Collar
   EboniteBoxbinder

But the Ebonite Boxbinder Outfit & Ebonite Catsuit Boots is stumping me, It’s okay to stand still, but clipping problems will appear under actions such as crouching. Can someone give some pointers? Is this a bone weight problem or something else?

Edited by tznvlw
10 hours ago, tznvlw said:

I converted these to BHUNP:

LeatherBodyHarness
   LeatherBodyHarness, No Collar
   LeatherBodyHarnessCrotchless
   LeatherBodyHarnessCrotchless, No Collar
   EboniteBodyHarness
   EboniteBodyHarnessCrotchless
   EboniteBodyHarnessCrotchless, No Collar
   EboniteBoxbinder

But the Ebonite Boxbinder Outfit & Ebonite Catsuit Boots is stumping me, It’s okay to stand still, but clipping problems will appear under actions such as crouching. Can someone give some pointers? Is this a bone weight problem or something else?

Rather than copying all the weights (which will mess the boxbinder up) remove only the L and R Breasts and copy the L1,2,3 and R1,2,3 breasts. I think bhunp also has front/back thigh weights, and back calf weights, these will also need copied. Compare the L and R clavicle weights too, those might also need updated. everything else should be close enough to not cause obvious issues.

The boots and harnesses and anything else that doesn't do a special pose for the arms, you can just delete the old weights and copy all the weights from the bhunp reference. For boots, you should also add in the feet and copy the weights for them, or just manually paint whatever is unweighted with the foot weight. Any vertices without at least one weight painted on it can cause vertices stretching out to infinity, so pay attention to to any warnings when you save.

This is pretty much what needed to be done when I did the 3ba conversions.

4 hours ago, zarantha said:

Rather than copying all the weights (which will mess the boxbinder up) remove only the L and R Breasts and copy the L1,2,3 and R1,2,3 breasts. I think bhunp also has front/back thigh weights, and back calf weights, these will also need copied. Compare the L and R clavicle weights too, those might also need updated. everything else should be close enough to not cause obvious issues.

The boots and harnesses and anything else that doesn't do a special pose for the arms, you can just delete the old weights and copy all the weights from the bhunp reference. For boots, you should also add in the feet and copy the weights for them, or just manually paint whatever is unweighted with the foot weight. Any vertices without at least one weight painted on it can cause vertices stretching out to infinity, so pay attention to to any warnings when you save.

This is pretty much what needed to be done when I did the 3ba conversions.

Thank you very much for your tips. I will try to follow your messages.?

I should have never messed around with Catsuit-related devices beyond some shader and texture changes. I think I would have been better off learning the Great Old Ones exist and subsequently go insane from the revelation.

Anyways I think I may have finally figured out the invisible devices, missing wrist issue with catsuit gloves. Quite a simple solution really and I'm disgusted with myself for making things more complicated then they needed to be.

I simply detached the Forearm partition from the catsuit and merged the geometry with the catsuit gloves. They're now a little longer then the original gloves but it solves the problem with missing wrists if you wear the gloves without a catsuit. 

Spoiler

ScreenShot105.png.51c157efa6219b7861849092c01b2338.png

The gloves will still be longer when wearing a catsuit, really just a visual change and should still appear seamless.

Spoiler

ScreenShot106.png.bb133b3abadf440a3d6748df20c9c5d1.png

Also I removed the feet from the Boxbinder outfit as it had similar problems with certain devices or parts of the outfit becoming invisible. Your character's feet will appear instead.

Spoiler

ScreenShot108.png.525dfa346c5b94b2e0fdff0af9eaf8dc.png

Can even wear catsuit socks with the Boxbinder outfit (or any other boot of course).

Spoiler

ScreenShot109.png.3edbd35963401ec38d4e3c4816165f7d.png

Going to wait until Kimy uploads the next test update before releasing these.

Edited by UnEvenSteven
20 minutes ago, UnEvenSteven said:

I should have never messed around with Catsuit-related devices beyond some shader and texture changes. I think I would have been better off learning the Great Old Ones exist and subsequently go insane from the revelation.

Anyways I think I may have finally figured out the invisible devices, missing wrist issue with catsuit gloves. Quite a simple solution really and I'm disgusted with myself for making things more complicated then they needed to be.

I simply detached the Forearm partition from the catsuit and merged the geometry with the catsuit gloves. They're now a little longer then the original gloves but it solves the problem with missing wrists if you wear the gloves without a catsuit. 

Hide contents

ScreenShot105.png.51c157efa6219b7861849092c01b2338.png

The gloves will still be longer when wearing a catsuit, really just a visual change and should still appear seamless.

Hide contents

ScreenShot106.png.bb133b3abadf440a3d6748df20c9c5d1.png

Also I removed the feet from the Boxbinder outfit as it had similar problems with certain devices or parts of the outfit becoming invisible. Your character's feet will appear instead.

Hide contents

ScreenShot108.png.525dfa346c5b94b2e0fdff0af9eaf8dc.png

Can even wear catsuit socks with the Boxbinder outfit (or any other boot of course).

Hide contents

ScreenShot109.png.3edbd35963401ec38d4e3c4816165f7d.png

Going to wait until Kimy uploads the next test update before releasing these.

Yeah that's one of the stages of Skyrim Modding. Going insane from something that doesn't work and in a desperate move you try something completely different and it works. Well works, you hope it works before the next bug shows up.

The CK should come with a free ticket for a straitjacket and a padded room in a insane asylum :P 

Did you get my idea about the breasts on the catsuit with the chastity bra?

On 11/10/2021 at 6:30 PM, lcpds1894 said:

Is there a way to fix this effect when I use ropes on NPCS?

Could you verify if that clipping stops when you have sex with that bound NPC, or if you wear the armbinder yourself? If it does, it is just further confirmation for my report here:

That something got messed up in the NPC pose for a regular armbinder (not "strict" or elbowbinder variants though), and that it wasn't my personal bug XD

The DCL BRRF patch included with DD 5.2 does not carry over the AA for elves, so once again, gags for elves are invisible.

Example:

Spoiler

image.png.07e799c43c133960d13029af08b3b71f.png

Affected objects:

dcur_cursedBallGag_scriptInstance xx013618

dcur_hisecballgag_scriptInstance xx017C9E

dcur_lb_ringgag_scriptInstance xx04B064

dcur_lb_ballgag_scriptInstance xx04B068

dcur_leon_ballgagRendered xx07719D

dcur_SashaBallGagRendered xx0A0E2E

dcur_hq_gagRendered xx0C0B1C

On 11/13/2021 at 10:55 AM, naaitsab said:

Did you get my idea about the breasts on the catsuit with the chastity bra?

I did and I'm sorry to say but I'm just not interested in working on this. I became frustrated with the catsuit devices and all the issues they had during testing demoralized me. I don't really have motivation or time now to mess with anything else. I haven't even got around to making UUNP versions of the longer catsuit gloves. That will probably be one of the last things I bother to work on for a long time.

25 minutes ago, UnEvenSteven said:

I did and I'm sorry to say but I'm just not interested in working on this. I became frustrated with the catsuit devices and all the issues they had during testing demoralized me. I don't really have motivation or time now to mess with anything else. I haven't even got around to making UUNP versions of the longer catsuit gloves. That will probably be one of the last things I bother to work on for a long time.

You shouldn't be sorry. We're happy for the work you have done so far. ? Just an idea I had that might save a lot of time. If it would work.

Perhaps something for me to try on the coming winter months. But knowing Skyrim it probably won't work reliably or work at all.

1 hour ago, naaitsab said:

You shouldn't be sorry. We're happy for the work you have done so far. ?

I really hope people enjoy the new harnesses. They were the most difficult things I've worked on especially the collar-less versions. 

The only thing I might add to the next upload, assuming people like the idea, is Restrictive Boots with separate cuffs. The boots may already have cuffs but it's only part of the texture and not actually a model. The cuffs were taken from Restrictive Gloves for consistency.

Spoiler

ScreenShot110.png.3434cb049d16e86eb2c3bb5d7b9d959a.pngScreenShot111.png.52b5e43943ec403fc383f9a4e9f16857.png

I had already made these when going through my add-cuffs-to-everything! phase, I just never showed them.