Devious Devices Framework Development/Beta

Thanks everyone for all the hard work on DD!

I tried the latest beta 4 and found 1 small issue I think: The mounted + belted event triggers when not mounted. At least, I see 2 separate text lines in the top left corner of my screen:

- the text for being mounted + belted.

- a text that says something about belt is chafing.

When these texts were popping up my character was wearing a chastity belt. Can't remember if there were also plugs.

In version 5.1 and earlier I never saw the mounted text popping up when not mounted. Also, setting the mounted event chance to 0 seems to have solved the problem. I haven't seen either of the 2 text lines since. Though I also haven't tested very much.

Edited by Richard1234

I've played around with the beta 4 a bit more and I think that I've found 2 issues:

1. The CBBE elbowbinder and strict rope armbinder don't seem to be affected by the 'big torso' bodyslide slider. If I set the 'big torso' slider to anything less than 100, then the arms of the character don't fit properly into the binder/ropes. There's too much room on the sides and the arms are closer to the body, making them pop through the binder/ropes. I haven't tried the old armbinder to see how that one behaves.

Am I doing something wrong with bodyslide? All other devices that I've seen so far seem to fit perfectly. By the way: a big thanks for making the mxw catsuit behave properly. It's so much nicer now. :)

2. This is a very old one: the red leather custom blindfold doesn't behave properly. After equipping it, opening the popup, and selecting 'carry on' the device is in a broken state. In inventory it's not equipped, but on the character it is equipped. I've tried all other blindfolds: black/red/white, leather/ebonite, custom/not-custom. All except the 'unlocked' versions I think. Only the red leather custom version has the broken behaviour. And if I recall correctly it has had this broken behaviour already for many DD version, maybe even before version 4.

In case it matters: I'm playing on a new LE install, new game.

Please let me know if you'd like screenshots or logs or something, I'm happy to help.

Edited by Richard1234

I've tried to install the beta 4 (AE) but get informed at startup that the .dll is a LE one, not a SE one (even though I've chosen "AE" in the installations process). How can I fix this?

I'm on the newest AE build & have SKSE installed.

Edited by Wubziz
5 minutes ago, Wubziz said:

I've tried to install the beta 4 (AE) but get informed at startup that the .dll is a LE one, not a SE one (even though I've chosen "AE" in the installations process). How can I fix this?

It's the same DLL that's posted in the troubleshooting post as an update for 1.6.353 / skse 2.1.5. Just tested the install and it installed the correct DLL, I had no errors launching AE.

Are you on a different version of AE? We're going to get to the point of too many DLLs real soon, so I'm only putting the latest in. Historically, people were confused when we had multiple DLLs to pick from for the same game.

Try reinstalling again and make sure AE is selected. Or install the DLL from the beta section on the troubleshooting post.

2 hours ago, ebbluminous said:

Does the latest 3BA blodyslide work with this one? Or is there a new one incoming?

I updated the bodyslides to v.6 to match the fixes I did for beta4 at the same time I put up beta4. No changes from the beta itself, this is fixing the prisoner chains bodyslide output from weighted to single weight as they should be for females. No need to update the bodyslides from v.5 unless you're having an issue with the prisoner chains.

@Kimy I didn't see the code fixes Elsidia mentioned before. Are those still pending, or fixed a different way?

This:

The other was the straitjacket not getting stripped, can't find the reference so here is where she reminded me of it.

Spoiler

Problem is in devices remove by keyword - if you don't know devices name you can't remove any straitjackets

Because those have keyword zad_heavybondage - the same as for armbinders and yoke.

Because it's detected straitjacket as slot 46, but in reality is 32

because in DCL not work Free me! if you wear any straitjacket.

I haven't Beta DD installed but in source files where probably can be made a fix nothing changes.

Maybe she fix in other way.

If you have beta DD installed you can put on straitjacket and test if it removed by Debug - Free me. If not i today made a fast fix. Do some tests how  removes armbinders and yoke and straitjacket - most of it touches this fix. Seems all work fine. I'm not made any globally change. Only temporally fix because this work only on player and not on NPC.

Here it is:

zadlibs.psc

Original part:

Hide contents

; No, I really can't memorize all these DD slots....
Int Function GetSlotMaskForDeviceType(Keyword kw)
    if kw == zad_DeviousArmCuffs
        return Armor.GetMaskForSlot(59)
    elseif kw == zad_DeviousGag
        return Armor.GetMaskForSlot(44)
    elseif kw == zad_DeviousHarness
        return Armor.GetMaskForSlot(58)
    elseif kw == zad_DeviousCorset
    elseif kw == zad_DeviousCollar
        return Armor.GetMaskForSlot(45)
    elseif kw == zad_DeviousHeavyBondage
        return Armor.GetMaskForSlot(46)

elseif kw == zad_DeviousPlugAnal
        return Armor.GetMaskForSlot(48)
    elseif kw == zad_DeviousBelt
        return Armor.GetMaskForSlot(49)
    elseif kw == zad_DeviousPiercingsVaginal
        return Armor.GetMaskForSlot(50)
    elseif kw == zad_DeviousPiercingsNipple
        return Armor.GetMaskForSlot(51)
    elseif kw == zad_DeviousLegCuffs
        return Armor.GetMaskForSlot(53)
    elseif kw == zad_DeviousBlindfold
        return Armor.GetMaskForSlot(55)
    elseif kw == zad_DeviousBra
        return Armor.GetMaskForSlot(56)
    elseif kw == zad_DeviousPlugVaginal
        return Armor.GetMaskForSlot(57)
    elseif kw == zad_DeviousSuit
        return Armor.GetMaskForSlot(32)
    elseif kw == zad_DeviousGloves
        return Armor.GetMaskForSlot(33)    
    elseif kw == zad_DeviousHood
        return Armor.GetMaskForSlot(30)    
    elseif kw == zad_DeviousBoots
        return Armor.GetMaskForSlot(37)    
    EndIf
    return -1
EndFunction

my temporally fix:

Hide contents

; No, I really can't memorize all these DD slots....
Int Function GetSlotMaskForDeviceType(Keyword kw)
    if kw == zad_DeviousArmCuffs
        return Armor.GetMaskForSlot(59)
    elseif kw == zad_DeviousGag
        return Armor.GetMaskForSlot(44)
    elseif kw == zad_DeviousHarness
    elseif kw == zad_DeviousCorset
    elseif kw == zad_DeviousCollar
        return Armor.GetMaskForSlot(45)
    elseif kw == zad_DeviousHeavyBondage
        If playerRef.wornhaskeyword(zad_DeviousStraitJacket)
        Else    
            return Armor.GetMaskForSlot(46)
        EndIf    

elseif kw == zad_DeviousPlugAnal
        return Armor.GetMaskForSlot(48)
    elseif kw == zad_DeviousBelt
        return Armor.GetMaskForSlot(49)
    elseif kw == zad_DeviousPiercingsVaginal
        return Armor.GetMaskForSlot(50)
    elseif kw == zad_DeviousPiercingsNipple
        return Armor.GetMaskForSlot(51)
    elseif kw == zad_DeviousLegCuffs
        return Armor.GetMaskForSlot(53)
    elseif kw == zad_DeviousBlindfold
        return Armor.GetMaskForSlot(55)
    elseif kw == zad_DeviousBra
        return Armor.GetMaskForSlot(56)
    elseif kw == zad_DeviousPlugVaginal
        return Armor.GetMaskForSlot(57)
    elseif kw == zad_DeviousSuit
    elseif kw == zad_DeviousGloves
        return Armor.GetMaskForSlot(33)    
    elseif kw == zad_DeviousHood
        return Armor.GetMaskForSlot(30)    
    elseif kw == zad_DeviousBoots
        return Armor.GetMaskForSlot(37)    
    EndIf
    return -1
EndFunction

In green part i only check if player wears a keyword zad_straitjacket then return slot 32 if not then this is yoke or armbinder or any other wrist restraint - return 46 slot.

I test it with Free me option.

1 hour ago, Richard1234 said:

1. The CBBE elbowbinder and strict rope armbinder don't seem to be affected by the 'big torso' bodyslide slider. If I set the 'big torso' slider to anything less than 100, then the arms of the character don't fit properly into the binder/ropes. There's too much room on the sides and the arms are closer to the body, making them pop through the binder/ropes. I haven't tried the old armbinder to see how that one behaves.

Am I doing something wrong with bodyslide? All other devices that I've seen so far seem to fit perfectly. By the way: a big thanks for making the mxw catsuit behave properly. It's so much nicer now. :)

This one reminds me of an old issue (not something new to the betas) on UUNP as well: When you scale the shoulders down (any scale that makes the width between the shoulders and arm smaller), the arms in any "arms behind back" pose (e.g armbinders and back handcuffs) move closer to the body and thus clip outside the armbinders toward the character's back. The armbinder does change its width to fit the arms (aside from the current pose bug with NPCs, so let's talk player character in the meantime), but its distance and the angle it points to from the character's back doesn't "follow" the arms as you move the slider.

I used to consider it a hard limit for bodyslide, and just avoided scaling the shoulders down in my newer presets, but if the armbinder can be made to "follow" the arms even if their distance from the body changes, that would be amazing (because it would also allow for more long-hair presets that wouldn't clip all armbinders)

Here are some pictures (with exaggarated values in the shoulder width slider, not ones I actually use), to display the issue

Shoulder width: 2.0 (low width), you can see arms are so close that they clip the body itself, but armbinder doesn't follow them

Spoiler

1177174745_ElderScrollsVSkyrimScreenshot2022_01.16-22_23_24_21.png.3c8181aba73fac5b2011281ed9028c5c.png

Shoulder width: -2.0 (big width), you can see the arms got so far that they are behind the armbinder entirely, and it didn't move at all to follow them (but did get somewhat wider, though not enough)

Spoiler

453062690_ElderScrollsVSkyrimScreenshot2022_01.16-22_23_44_96.png.db7f458cb06686a237361a4d444569df.png

Obviously not saying sliders should accomodate all extreme cases, but binding the armbinders to move back and forth with the arms would be a true blessing

Edited by thedarkone1234
Adding pictures

Also just recalled that since we are talking animation filter changes, I should probably check the creature filter again, so I regret to inform that it still breaks out of creature animation and switches to DDBeltedSolo if I have a chastity belt and the creature filter is on. All animations work if the creature filter is off (including "illegal" ones going through the belt, but that's to be expected, so I would say the bug is only on the filter-on case).

Tested on a dwemer spider, in case that information means anything (it's a robot, technically, but it is a creature for the test's sake, and I doubt anyone who accepts vibrators, which are practically also robotic dildos, can judge me for fetishing about a robot forcing them on my character :P)

Hihi! Im gonna post a bug report as suggested from the DCL SE thread.

the "Self Bondage" event doesnt seem to be working as intended, or if it is, the text block is very misleading.

The issue/s being:

Im carrying around a full set of red ebonite gear in my inventory, along with plugs(Vaginal and anal). My character is equipping items shes never had on her, or hasnt had in her inventory for 10+ hours of game time.

Most recently these items included the 5 lock slave chastity belt, and the time locked golden chastity belt. Neither of which shes ever had on her. The papyrus log is for the time locked chastity belt.

The anal plug equipped during the event was one that i havent had in her inventory for quite a few hours now, and the vaginal plug equipped during the event was left in my characters house an hour ago.

Papyrus.0.log

4 hours ago, zarantha said:

@Kimy I didn't see the code fixes Elsidia mentioned before. Are those still pending, or fixed a different way?

This:

The other was the straitjacket not getting stripped, can't find the reference so here is where she reminded me of it.

Reveal hidden contents

I thought I merged that. I will have a look!

1 hour ago, Dante551 said:

Hihi! Im gonna post a bug report as suggested from the DCL SE thread.

the "Self Bondage" event doesnt seem to be working as intended, or if it is, the text block is very misleading.

The issue/s being:

Im carrying around a full set of red ebonite gear in my inventory, along with plugs(Vaginal and anal). My character is equipping items shes never had on her, or hasnt had in her inventory for 10+ hours of game time.

Not sure who recommended posting Cursed Loot issues here, but this thread is for DD development (as in framework). Yes, both mods are maintained by me, but if people post DCL issues into DD threads and vice versa, there is a strong chance of them getting lost/overlooked. I never work on DD and DCL at the same time.

3 hours ago, thedarkone1234 said:

Also just recalled that since we are talking animation filter changes, I should probably check the creature filter again, so I regret to inform that it still breaks out of creature animation and switches to DDBeltedSolo if I have a chastity belt and the creature filter is on. All animations work if the creature filter is off (including "illegal" ones going through the belt, but that's to be expected, so I would say the bug is only on the filter-on case).

Tested on a dwemer spider, in case that information means anything (it's a robot, technically, but it is a creature for the test's sake, and I doubt anyone who accepts vibrators, which are practically also robotic dildos, can judge me for fetishing about a robot forcing them on my character :P)

That's correct, I didn't make any changes related to that, yet. It's on my to-do list, though. I will see if I can find the issue just by reading code, haha. I don't have any mods that could trigger creature animations, so I am unable to reproduce the issue. Every time when DD even tries to accommodate creature stuff, I have written the code "blind". In other words, it's hit and miss. :D 

13 minutes ago, Kimy said:

That's correct, I didn't make any changes related to that, yet. It's on my to-do list, though. I will see if I can find the issue just by reading code, haha. I don't have any mods that could trigger creature animations, so I am unable to reproduce the issue. Every time when DD even tries to accommodate creature stuff, I have written the code "blind". In other words, it's hit and miss. :D 

I think a mod you could use for that is estrus chaurus dwemer addon. It can be toyed around with the MCM to make dwemer projectile hits trigger dwemer sex instead of estrus machines and since all dwemer NPCs are robots you don't risk any animal / monster sex there.

Though it would be more straightforward to have "hentai creatures" installed solely for the sake of testing (Summonable creatures with a control menu that makes them have sex. I always add the dwemer spider spell on new saves :P), but I understand if people don't want to have it install in principle XD

Edited by thedarkone1234

I plan to look at the "switch to belted solo" fallback in general. I don 't really like it, and I think the filter should be able to handle animations better than breaking them up. So I am looking for a more broad fix than just creatures.

And yes. the reason why neither of my mods is supporting creatures in any shape or form is because I don't want to have to test it. :D

41 minutes ago, Kimy said:

Not sure who recommended posting Cursed Loot issues here, but this thread is for DD development (as in framework). Yes, both mods are maintained by me, but if people post DCL issues into DD threads and vice versa, there is a strong chance of them getting lost/overlooked. I never work on DD and DCL at the same time.

That was me, and at the time i thought the equip issue was more of a DD issue than a DCL issue.

Sorry for the confusion.

8 hours ago, Kimy said:

I plan to look at the "switch to belted solo" fallback in general. I don 't really like it, and I think the filter should be able to handle animations better than breaking them up.

OMG, yes please!! That fix would make my day even if the version release included nothing else XD

Also I will have to be very creative in sexual-predicament bondage when I later do my best to test that feature :P

I'm having trouble with the "DDI_DeviceRemoved" mod event not getting sent when mods remove devices from the player with libs.UnlockDevice()

It only seems to get sent if the player removes the device themselves.

I suspect "SendDeviceRemovedEventVerbose" and perhaps "SendDeviceRemovalEvent" need to be added or moved around in UnlockDevice().

Bool Function UnlockDevice(actor akActor, armor deviceInventory, armor deviceRendered = none, keyword zad_DeviousDevice = none, bool destroyDevice = false, bool genericonly = false)
    Log("UnlockDevice called for " + akActor.GetLeveledActorBase().GetName() + ": "+ deviceInventory.GetName() + ")")
    If (genericonly && deviceInventory.HasKeyWord(zad_BlockGeneric)) || deviceInventory.HasKeyWord(zad_QuestItem)
        Log("UnlockDevice aborted because " + deviceInventory.GetName() + " is not a generic item.")
        return false
    Endif                
    if akActor.IsEquipped(deviceInventory)
        StorageUtil.SetIntValue(akActor, "zad_RemovalToken" + deviceInventory, 1)        
        akActor.UnequipItemEx(deviceInventory, 0, false)

;"SendDeviceRemovedEventVerbose" & "SendDeviceRemovalEvent" need to trigger here in some way or in zadEquipScript from OnUnequipped where the removal token is detected
    else

Also; Request: Events for when Thirdperson animations start and end, e.g "DDI_ThirdpersonAnimationStart" "DDI_ThirdpersonAnimationEnd".

Question: Did I make those meshes myself or was there a download a few patches before?

Spoiler

grafik.png.a303e74cd2c7e72d86f1dd961d94c601.png

I ask the question, because those have no seam in a catsuit. And they don't cover the forearm (Biped Slot 34). They have a much better lock and feel with a catsuit and even without catsuit they are working fine. I have an OSD file made for UUNP. To just switch it to CBBE is not a problem at all. Just switch the hand inside the glove.

Edit: stupid me. In my archive I found the zip file. It is a version from @UnEvenSteven. Having a date, it was easy to find the origin. What has happend to this nice mesh?

Edited by Rogwar002