Devious Devices Framework Development/Beta

18 minutes ago, UnEvenSteven said:

I'm curious what other assets that still need to go in. I ask because I've noticed you didn't include the some of the updated stuff that's listed in the first few lines from this post (collar and modified weights) nor the wooden yoke that's linked there. 

If that's all the assets you'll be adding I'd say hold off on that. With 5.2 I can now complete the collar-less harnesses plus the updated catsuit devices (again) and when I upload all that I'll just include the missing stuff from the link I posted.

What to look forward to when I do upload? The collar-less harnesses are the big addition plus the seamless catsuit and the new boots to replace the socks. I've also updated the locks and buckles on the catsuit devices to actually use a metal texture now so they're not white. I have added a zap slider to the catsuit to remove the zipper lock for those that don't like it.

I'm toying with the idea of including a catsuit that will conform to the breasts effectively matching the shape of your character's naked body. This will help eliminate clipping with chastity bras and harnesses. It will not be a new device as it will simply be a choice when batch building devices or you can build it independently, in other words the two catsuits will be interchangeable. It will be up to you, the end user, to decide which catsuit you want to use in-game.

Fantastic! :)

Most of the stuff I need to add is indeed yours (so I will just wait!), but I also have a few more furniture devices plus animations that will go in (by Colygon).

5 minutes ago, Kimy said:

Fantastic! :)

Most of the stuff I need to add is indeed yours (so I will just wait!), but I also have a few more furniture devices plus animations that will go in (by Colygon).

:O New animations? If Collygon could, and be willing, I wonder if they could copy and repurpose the armbinder animations (movement, sex) and use them for the boxbinders. Current implementation for the boxbinders requires them to replace the body and be considered a "suit" in order to hide the arms. If the armbinder animations could be repurposed (arms moved to be encased by the boxbinder) then that would solve the issue with boxbinders being "suits", they could end up working exactly like armbinders if they had animations.

Speaking of animations were you unable to acquire permissions to use some of Billyy's newer device animations? It was briefly discussed way back here, I had even listed out the new animations that could be used. Or did you just forget? :P

While I admit that classifying the boxbinder as a suit is not entirely consistent, it does offer one advantage over tagging them as armbinders: This way, the device isn't restricted to specific bound animations, but - like the straitjackets - can use any sex animation. I would go as far saying that's overall worth it, no?

And about Billyy's animations...errrrrrmm....no comment! ?

2 hours ago, UnEvenSteven said:

The boxbinders are indeed there, try searching for "boxbinder" and see if anything is listed. Or try AddItemMenu since it's a great mod for quickly looking up and testing devices. And yes it still says "5.1" when initializing with 5.2 installed.

I'm not sure how MO2 works, I'm a Wrye Bash master race user but are you sure simply ticking off the previous version of DD is fully uninstalling it? And that simply ticking 5,2 is fully installing it?

If all else fails then try manually installing 5.2 and try again.

Alright, apparently it was just me stupidly missing these items in the "help" menu. But sadly that doesn't mean I am out of the woods yet:

I batch built all the items in bodyslide as usual (with morphs), but the both boxbinders misbehave, though differently. The non-dress boxbinder seems to be botched completely and turn my body into vanilla. However, the dress boxbinder works correctly with the upper body (meaning that bodyslide did some job right), but I have invisible legs!

I also tried building the "Boxbinder outfit UUNP HDT" from bodyslide specifically (preview shows it is the dress variant, I think. I can't find in the list any other boxbinder on bodyslide at all). No change at all before and after.

All of this is on the UUNP version, as I mentioned previously.

Any ideas? XD

Attached are my character wearing normal clothes to display how bodyslide works on other mod's items, then the dress boxbinder, then the non-dress boxbinder

Spoiler

1940127258_ElderScrollsVSkyrimScreenshot2021_10_26-22_26.12_10.png.5c65b2b6fb8d64b52fb9ebc95971179a.png

64689476_ElderScrollsVSkyrimScreenshot2021_10.26-22_27_06_68.png.0fc61d63aeb4582fed0a5008a0d7ecd8.png2141711885_ElderScrollsVSkyrimScreenshot2021_10_26-22_26_26_43.png.892501acb64c63c648a06ea0b1ede9c9.png

8 hours ago, tznvlw said:

I tried it with CAO, no problem

The texture usually does not need to be optimized, except for some required

TY for confirming, I'll redownload then. usually it doesn't need converting, except when it does. I run CAO with textures enabled to be sure I don't run into the oddball CTDs.

57 minutes ago, thedarkone1234 said:

Alright, apparently it was just me stupidly missing these items in the "help" menu. But sadly that doesn't mean I am out of the woods yet:

I batch built all the items in bodyslide as usual (with morphs), but the both boxbinders misbehave, though differently. The non-dress boxbinder seems to be botched completely and turn my body into vanilla. However, the dress boxbinder works correctly with the upper body (meaning that bodyslide did some job right), but I have invisible legs!

I also tried building the "Boxbinder outfit UUNP HDT" from bodyslide specifically (preview shows it is the dress variant, I think. I can't find in the list any other boxbinder on bodyslide at all). No change at all before and after.

Any ideas? XD

Attached are my character wearing normal clothes to display how bodyslide works on other mod's items, then the dress boxbinder, then the non-dress boxbinder

Reveal hidden contents

1940127258_ElderScrollsVSkyrimScreenshot2021_10_26-22_26.12_10.png.5c65b2b6fb8d64b52fb9ebc95971179a.png

64689476_ElderScrollsVSkyrimScreenshot2021_10.26-22_27_06_68.png.0fc61d63aeb4582fed0a5008a0d7ecd8.png2141711885_ElderScrollsVSkyrimScreenshot2021_10_26-22_26_26_43.png.892501acb64c63c648a06ea0b1ede9c9.png

Yeah these boxbinder devices are a mess. First the non-dress boxbinder is not using the proper UUNP body, the CBBE version is using the same incorrect body so textures don't work correctly. Suppose I'll have to re-work the non-dress boxbinder to use the correct bodies. Secondly the reason the boxbinder outfit isn't appearing correctly in-game is due to incorrect Biped Slots. Finally the reason the outfit did not build correctly when batch building is because it is simply not using the correct name in the SliderGroup.xml file. 

It can all be fixed so I guess I'll do that now and hopefully have it all ready to go when I upload other stuff later, so don't worry about this Kimy.

Edited by UnEvenSteven
12 minutes ago, UnEvenSteven said:

Yeah these boxbinder devices are a mess. First the non-dress boxbinder is not using the proper UUNP body, the CBBE version is using the same incorrect body so textures don't work correctly. Suppose I'll have to re-work the non-dress boxbinder to use the correct bodies. Secondly the reason the boxbinder outfit isn't appearing correctly in-game is due to incorrect Biped Slots. Finally the reason the outfit did not build correctly when batch building is because it is simply not using the correct name in the SliderGroup.xml file. 

It can all be fixed so I guess I'll do that now and hopefully have it all ready to go when I upload other stuff later, so don't worry about Kimy.

No rush. Beta is exactly for reporting such bugs after all. I am just glad it isn't a "just me" issue this time. From the little I could judge about the boxbinder when looking at the dress variant (which matches the bodyslide already), I could tell that it looks quite nice already :)

1 hour ago, UnEvenSteven said:

....the CBBE version is using the same incorrect body so textures don't work correctly.

After looking a bit closer I take back this comment. The CBBE version of the non-outfit boxbinder is actually fine, just like the full boxbinder outfit it doesn't get built correctly when batch building and I didn't catch it. The default, pre-built version wasn't getting replaced and I was seeing the incorrect mesh.

The UUNP version is still not using the correct the body, I think it might be BHUNP or something and that's not the DD Framework standard.

I'm still going to fix that issue and maybe mess around with some tweaks to the boxbinder stuff.

2 minutes ago, UnEvenSteven said:

The UUNP version is still not using the correct the body, I think it might be BHUNP or something and that's not the DD Framework standard.

UUNP is not compatible with BHUNP 3BBB which is a different body. 

However, UUNP sliders work well for BHUNP TBBP body, since BHUNP TBBP and UUNP are identical except for the a few extra sliders (at least until some versions ago). I personally use BHUNP 1.8 TBBP body and it works great with all UUNP DD items and the remodeled armor. So if the origin was for BHUNP TBBP the problem might only be to delete the extra sliders.

A few things which I am not sure if they are related here or to DCL:

In some testings, I used the DCL debug functions to bind the character and release her. In all my attempts, when the gag gets removed by "free me", the mouth closes for a few seconds, but then opens and stays open. That was not the case with DD5.1.

I do have to say I love how DCL already uses some of the new meshes (thought not everywhere). The new collars look great and fit perfectly! But there still were some glove-suit clipping (not sure if they should be gone. Couldn't find a full list of all items and they are spread quite thin on this thread XD).

Also another thing, not sure if that's a new mesh or not, but the yoke of shame (breast yoke) causes a slight neck seam when worn. The seam disappears when removing it. So its like the bodyslide of the yoke fits like 90% instead of 100%, I guess.

7 hours ago, circuit said:

I did the best I could with the Thotium collar, but it uses its own special model, and the glow mapping doesn't want to work when applying it to the beast collar models.

I made the thotium collar for LBS, DM me if you want, about the issues you are having and we might see if we can't do something about them.

14 hours ago, thedarkone1234 said:

Did you also set the Body Preset to same as you used when building main body? That's what ultimately determines how small or big your characters sizes are. Different presets look all different.

Other thing is that you need to be sure where Bodyslide is outputting those files, so that it will appear in game and not be overridden by other files.

Edit: I see UnEvenSteven's post, i guess we wait for fix then :D

Edited by Zaflis

Bug report: The new straightjacket catsuit is superb. Probably the hottest and tightest fit I have seen so far, boots included and all. Also shines very very realistically. 

But... it forgot to hide the ring worn on the hand :P

Attached are way too many pictures that display that oddity along with how great a butt can look when wearing this item. Enjoy

Spoiler

469492554_ElderScrollsVSkyrimScreenshot2021_10.29-01_55_59_27.png.0526337e40b2f086032393256ba21ea5.png1685204246_ElderScrollsVSkyrimScreenshot2021_10.29-01_55_50_98.png.b464d17b9db4ea3bd30368ec5219bb79.png

271524301_ElderScrollsVSkyrimScreenshot2021_10.29-01_54_48_26.png.2fa6dc8e4563a08e09b54883ac2460a2.png20608825_ElderScrollsVSkyrimScreenshot2021_10.29-01_54_42_01.png.f976e6e07092a08f16c8a277be06ac58.png740156269_ElderScrollsVSkyrimScreenshot2021_10.29-01_56_05_22.png.736956396a49fc3702732e4f4b6a5b33.png

Edited by thedarkone1234

Is the For Him ESP supposed to be localized? It breaks the ESP if localized is enabled when I try to resave for SE.

If it's not supposed to be, I'll leave that off instead of putting it back.

Edit: Looks like BRRF is also localized. Same question, although this one appears to have resaved without obvious errors.

Edited by zarantha

6 hours ago, zarantha said:

Is the For Him ESP supposed to be localized? It breaks the ESP if localized is enabled when I try to resave for SE.

If it's not supposed to be, I'll leave that off instead of putting it back.

Edit: Looks like BRRF is also localized. Same question, although this one appears to have resaved without obvious errors.

Might be worth double checking for issues, I recall getting <Missing Name> on everything when resaving other mods that were localized.

For the record, I didn't provide these modified plugins with localization enabled.

On 10/25/2021 at 7:58 PM, Skullered said:
On 10/25/2021 at 7:50 PM, Kimy said:

- Changed: Extracted Beast Race Refit BSA to avoid stability issues.

Out of curiosity, where does this instability stem from? The assets were stuffed in a BSA on purpose to speed up I/O; start-up time as well as archive extraction is faster by keeping it in a BSA.

Bump

2 hours ago, Skullered said:

Might be worth double checking for issues, I recall getting <Missing Name> on everything when resaving other mods that were localized.

For the record, I didn't provide these modified plugins with localization enabled.

Yeah, the missing name was what i saw with the For Him esp. I don't have that with BRRF, but I'm going to resave that again after disabling localization again anyway, just to be safe.

I'll leave off the localization as well for now, thank you.

Edit: nope, looks like localization may needed for BRRF. Got a different weirdness on the names after localization was unchecked.

image.png.3d6275d19facdff0593e7669fd67e2a1.png

Edited by zarantha

Hi Kimy, UnevenSteven, and all the others who contributed:

Thanks so much for the new beta! It's a sheer joy to see that DD keeps growing and getting ever better.

But since this is a beta thread:

(minor) Bug Report:

Linked Devices (tighten/untighten) frequently don't auto-equip and only get added to the player's inventory instead.

I think it's most likely caused by the script firing the equip routine too quickly, at any rate adding a simple 0.5 wait command before the LockDevice seems to have fixed it in my tests in the game. Like so:

Spoiler
Function ProcessLinkedDeviceOnUntighten(Actor akActor)		
	If akActor != Libs.PlayerRef || LinkedDeviceEquipOnUntighten == None	
		return
	EndIf	
	if LinkedDeviceEquipOnUntighten.HasKeyword(libs.zad_InventoryDevice)
		utility.wait(0.5)
		libs.LockDevice(akActor, LinkedDeviceEquipOnUntighten)		
	EndIf
EndFunction

Function ProcessLinkedDeviceOnTighten(Actor akActor)		
	If akActor != Libs.PlayerRef || LinkedDeviceEquipOnTighten == None	
		return
	EndIf	
	if LinkedDeviceEquipOnTighten.HasKeyword(libs.zad_InventoryDevice)
		utility.wait(0.5)
		libs.LockDevice(akActor, LinkedDeviceEquipOnTighten)
	EndIf
EndFunction

And a related comment, though this is clearly not a bug but merely a question of personal preference: would it make sense to "destroy" (remove from inv) the unequipped device in the tighten/untighten sequence? The way I understood it, this routine is meant to simulate somebody manipulating an already work restraint and so I've always found it a bit weird that there are then two devices in the inventory after (un)tighten has done its thing.

Edited by El_Duderino

Furthermore:

(minor) New Feature Suggestion:

Would anything speak against sprinkling "libs.moan" and/or "libs.SexlabMoan" calls throughout the various phases of the Equip Script? Maybe something like add a pant for all failed actions (unlock, unjam, lockpick, etc.) and a moan for all successful ones?

(minor) Feature Change Request:

Would you consider reimplementing the HasValidCuttingTool() function in EquipScript? I think there are now various possibilities in SL-modded Skyrim where players might end up (or voluntarily be) without even a dagger. Maybe they just got robbed after a defeat. Or don't have the weapons license when playing with SL Survival mod.

Edited by El_Duderino

Time for an update again, let's see if I can remember what I've done:

• The collar-less harnesses have been added to the framework! These cover the chastity and non-chastity (crotchless) versions. Leather/Ebonite and Red/White variants included, of course.
  • Ground objects have been created for the collar-less harnesses.
  • New scripts were created for the collar-less harnesses so they don't check for collars when trying to wear them.
  • Fixed a goof on the Ebonite version of the Pet Suit, I fumbled one of the texture paths in a previous update.
  • Added the updated Pony Boot textures from neghthraw (just to be sure they make it in).
  • The catsuits are now a single, (mostly) seamless mesh that cover the hands and feet. 
  • The Zipper Lock on catsuits is now Zap-able in BodySlide so you can hide the lock if you don't like it.
  • The catsuit "socks" have now been replaced by a new pair of boots. These aren't anything real special and just serve as replacement for the now pointless socks. Mod authors need to be aware of this change and may need to update their mods accordingly. Includes their own ground object.
  • The "white metal" buckles and locks on catsuit devices have been changed to resemble other metal locks and buckles from other devices.
  • Updated the ground/inventory object for the Catsuit Collar to match the device itself, which has a padlock now.
  • Included the texture for the transparent version of the catsuit.
  • It should be noted that the Transparent Catsuit was not updated to a full seamless version as other catsuits. Due to it's nature I ran in to a few problems with it.
  • A few of the Chain Harness devices were shiny when they shouldn't be, this was pointed out by someone else. These are fixed now as well a couple of the ground/inventory objects.
  • The ankle chains from the Chain Harness Restrictive Boots should now have proper HDT. I thought I fixed this before but still didn't work.
  • Added a Wooden Yoke, this is same one from Contraptions but needed some modifications in order to be usable and worn like other yokes.
  • Added a lock the Steel Posture Collar. Others have uploaded such additions before but were never added so I did it myself.
  • From a previous upload of mine, several gloves and boots have been changed to hopefully diminish clipping when worn with catsuits or birthday suits.
  • Fixed the Boxbinder and Boxbinder Outfit so they're built correctly and appear correctly in-game.
  • Added PermitVaginal and PermitAnal keywords to the Boxbinder devices. Since these are considered suits penetrative sex is normally blocked thus the keywords are required to allow such sex.
  • Created a crappy ground object for Boxbinders.

I'll admit I'm not too crazy about the Boxbinder devices especially since they're considered suits but I couldn't help myself and made some changes to them. Firstly I added Red and White versions of the Boxbinders, textures courtesy of naaitsab. I also made some shader and texture edits so the devices look similar to other Ebonite devices.

Spoiler

Screenshot04.png.a34aab45264c31056c13cec34f4fd7af.pngScreenshot05.png.4d71a7f570ade3f42114eaa4317447b0.png

Since the Boxbinder outfit is considered a suit I'm going to treat it like one. Similar to the catsuit you can now wear various devices over the Boxbinder Outfit. May need to change Device Hider settings in order to see belts/corsets/harnesses. Might be subject to change in the future, I don't know.

Spoiler

Screenshot01.png.6315d29d6e99232bb726f0ca40c402f5.pngScreenshot02.png.8b8068926b79a16fda2b6daa7ec1674c.pngScreenshot03.png.fb9591aafef5e6c85c7f89fce6e4da19.png

Partitioned the leggings(?) of the Boxbinder Outfit so they'll either be hidden completely or only certain parts be hidden, all depending on what boots you are wearing.

Spoiler

Screenshot06.png.aa209d3e2d8ba204783e7480121e1f9c.pngScreenshot07.png.71fee9144372966c400ee163c72f2e0d.png

Also optimized the boxbinder textures by removing unnecessary alpha channels from the diffuse and specular textures. I've added an Alpha channel to the normal map, this further helps control the shininess of a mesh and was required to help achieve the "Ebonite" look.

--->MEGA LINK<---

Obviously requires the 5.2 beta. Overwrite everything when prompted and Batch Build devices again. Then activate the .esp and test stuff.

FOR KIMY:

Pay very close attention the Biped Slots there were added to ensure the seamless catsuits work correctly. Plus some of the Priority changes to several devices. It's minor thing but I did make changes to the descriptions for some devices. Some were just simple updates while others are a near re-write.

I cleaned up the BodySlide folders (again) so there's some stuff you'll need to delete for the next patch and/or final release. These are as follows:

In "01 CBBE\CalienteTools\BodySlide\ShapeData\" delete the following folders:

• Box Binder Outfit HDT
  • FT_ArmbinderElbowEbonite
  • KXT Karmbinder01
  • KXT Karmbinder01_corset
  • KXT Karmbinder01_leg

And in "01 CBBE\CalienteTools\BodySlide\SliderSets\" delete the following files:

• Box Binder Outfit HDT.osp
  • DDX - FT_ArmbinderElbowEbonite.osp
  • Karmbinder01.osp
  • Karmbinder01_corset.osp
  • Karmbinder01_leg.osp

In "01 UUNP\CalienteTools\BodySlide\ShapeData\" delete the following folders:

• Box Binder Outfit HDT
  • Karmbinder01
  • Karmbinder01_corset
  • Karmbinder01_leg

And in "01 UUNP\CalienteTools\BodySlide\SliderSets\" delete the following files:

• Box Binder Outfit HDT.osp
  • Karmbinder01.osp
  • Karmbinder01_corset.osp
  • Karmbinder01_leg.osp

These files are no longer needed since they have been properly merged into the new, cleaned-up BodySlide folders. I also re-located the Boxbinder textures to "textures\devious" where the other device textures are located. Don't worry about copying them anywhere since this patch includes optimized textures for the boxbinders. All you need to do is delete the "Kziitd" folder in "00 Base\textures\".

1 hour ago, UnEvenSteven said:

Time for an update again, let's see if I can remember what I've done:

Thanks for your continued effort ?

"The catsuit "socks" have now been replaced by a new pair of boots." As the socks and suits are separate items I'm not sure what the idea behind this one is. Could you elaborate? 

37 minutes ago, naaitsab said:

Thanks for your continued effort ?

"The catsuit "socks" have now been replaced by a new pair of boots." As the socks and suits are separate items I'm not sure what the idea behind this one is. Could you elaborate? 

The "socks" and old gloves are combined with the catsuit to create a single mesh, the socks and gloves are no longer separate. Thus the socks were no longer needed since they were merged with the suit and would be silly as a stand-alone device.

I didn't want to remove any devices so I replaced the socks with the new boots.