Devious Devices Framework Development/Beta

3 hours ago, Kimy said:

As usual, the DD beta is for Skyrim LE only. That being said, if players decide to port it to SE on their own, I will gladly listen to SE specific bug reports, as long as I can fix the issues in the LE code. Whatever I can fix in the LE codebase, the poor SE porters won't have to do later!

There was a request from Elsidia to include some code to prevent bugged devices - is part of the other code fixes you mentioned that will be in later?

I think she had several, but this is the one I was thinking of adding in extra for SE.

I regret to report that the animation bug with armbinders (causing arms to clip out of the binder for NPC-only Idle/walk/run animations) is still around (Is there a way to force the NPCs to use the same animation as the player character, or the same animation for elbowbinders which would fit in most armbinders too?)

Also, the clippings between gloves and catsuits described in the end of the post here are still around (for zeroed sliders too):

Also while I mention it, as I was messing with the breast yoke (described on the same picture) trying with my absolutely no skill to see if I can fix the way big breasts look with it, I noticed the issue actually exists for all body presets, only it is much less visible in the zeroed-sliders. The thing is the nipples along with the breasts somewhat "bend inward". The bigger the breasts are, the more noticable the difference is, but you can see it even here (zeroed sliders pictures below). Possibly fixing that in the normal mesh will solve it for the bigger scale as well. Way beyond my ability though. In fact I think my skills in outfit studio can be summed up to reseting weights and hoping for good XD

Spoiler

2138237781_ElderScrollsVSkyrimScreenshot2021_11.02-22_29_03_25.png.efa28a03faae7e27ab306ca318f33013.png1695694886_ElderScrollsVSkyrimScreenshot2021_11.02-22_28_31_72.png.4176e7fb4fd38fda120c2cc58dbf9e17.png

I forgot to check again for the tiny minor clipping in the back of knees when wearing boots and suits, but honestly I wouldn't count it as a bug in its current size. I saw it only because I looked for it in the first place (because it was worse initially, but you made it better)

Edited by thedarkone1234

There's a bunch of minor inconsistencies when all plugins are used. I was writing them out, but I'll see about getting LE going again and then get a patch plugin with all the fixes i was looking at and what I have for SE and see if that merges better than the SE patch plugin we tried merging last time.

I'm thinking maybe I can get rid of that esl plugin I have for SE to patch stuff.

Edited by zarantha

Here's the SE conversion of DD 5.2 beta 3:

https://mega.nz/file/0OhRiA7a#35PWP9dAMw46LtJj7ITJNDjTTu3VdFIa5kizrMr0Jwo

Here's a LE patch for the things I've been fixing. Should hopefully be good to merge?

Added the forearms and calves slots to several items, fixed the numbering on some textures, copied over descriptions and names back to For Him where they were scrambled, and I think one or two items where BRRF was missing a model. All I am really concerned about for SE are the slots and texture numbering.

Devious Devices patch.esp

Edited by zarantha
updated again to fix some bodyslides
15 hours ago, zarantha said:

Here's the SE conversion of DD 5.2 beta 3:

https://mega.nz/file/pDAXwQyT#5pKYl9YSywhnl37rkPnpwRdXrHw-w99bp5c-8rqBWqs

Here's a LE patch for the things I've been fixing. Should hopefully be good to merge?

Added the forearms and calves slots to several items, fixed the numbering on some textures, copied over descriptions and names back to For Him where they were scrambled, and I think one or two items where BRRF was missing a model. All I am really concerned about for SE are the slots and texture numbering.

Devious Devices patch.esp 82.02 kB · 5 downloads

Will have a look at this and merge it! :)

5 hours ago, Kimy said:

Will have a look at this and merge it! :)

I can't recommend merging the Biped Slot changes to the Formal/Elegant Hobble Dresses and the Straitjackets. Primarily it's the 38-Calves slot that should not be merged. With the Priority changes you will have parts of certain boots being invisible when worn with the aforementioned dresses and Straitjackets.

I believe it's actually a problem now in the current release of the Framework and since been fixed with these beta builds. If you merge the slot changes you're just reverting the fix.

49 minutes ago, UnEvenSteven said:

I can't recommend merging the Biped Slot changes to the Formal/Elegant Hobble Dresses and the Straitjackets. Primarily it's the 38-Calves slot that should not be merged. With the Priority changes you will have parts of certain boots being invisible when worn with the aforementioned dresses and Straitjackets.

I believe it's actually a problem now in the current release of the Framework and since been fixed with these beta builds. If you merge the slot changes you're just reverting the fix.

the problem is, without that in SE, there's gaps between the leg and foot with no footwear at all.

i can continue patching it for SE only. i'm not sure there's a solution for us that fixes it all.

37 minutes ago, zarantha said:

the problem is, without that in SE, there's gaps between the leg and foot with no footwear at all.

i can continue patching it for SE only. i'm not sure there's a solution for us that fixes it all.

Really? That's stupid but I suppose I can't be surprised that something works in LE but not SE, or vice versa.

As it stands in Beta 3 it works fine, the calves are not invisible when 38-Calves remains unchecked in LE.

That makes me curious, does CBBE-3BA and UUNP-whatever for SE have a "Calves" partition on their respective body meshes? If that's the case then whenever you convert a device to the aforementioned SE bodies you're adding the Calves partition the LE versions didn't have. Thus the need to have 38-Calves checked else you have invisible parts. Or it's just SE being stupid an SE engine quirk.

46 minutes ago, UnEvenSteven said:

That makes me curious, does CBBE-3BA and UUNP-whatever for SE have a "Calves" partition on their respective body meshes? If that's the case then whenever you convert a device to the aforementioned SE bodies you're adding the Calves partition the LE versions didn't have.

Yes, it's this. But it's not just CBBE SE, it's vanilla too.

UNP is basically the LE version still, it has not been reworked to the extent CBBE was. But CBBE users and their variants are the majority in SE, and adding didn't detrimentally affect the other bodies.

It looks 3BA is also just slot 32, so I could in theory line up with the LE version by dropping support for CBBE SE and supporting 3BA and UNP only, but i'm not sure that's the right move either.

Edit: I actually haven't tried the 3BA version without the SE patch, I'll verify that now.

CBBE SE and Vanilla:

Spoiler

image.png.fac5cdb51e6a626aa8c7fac1a99d4866.png

image.png.75ef4c6a7941035262f35b38c50bc9e2.png

Edited by zarantha

Small patch to fix the UUNP versions of various harnesses, the weight slider wasn't working. CBBE versions are fine. 

zarantha: Don't rush to convert these, just make sure they're working in SE. If not just do what I did, dig up older versions of the harnesses (that worked) and merge them into the bodyslide project.

The .esp file simply applies TextureSets to the cuffs that were added to Restrictive Boots, missed those somehow. Also fixes the ground/inventory object TextureSet for the open variant of the Golden Chastity Belt.

MoreCrap.7z

4 hours ago, UnEvenSteven said:

Small patch to fix the UUNP versions of various harnesses, the weight slider wasn't working. CBBE versions are fine. 

zarantha: Don't rush to convert these, just make sure they're working in SE. If not just do what I did, dig up older versions of the harnesses (that worked) and merge them into the bodyslide project.

The .esp file simply applies TextureSets to the cuffs that were added to Restrictive Boots, missed those somehow. Also fixes the ground/inventory object TextureSet for the open variant of the Golden Chastity Belt.

MoreCrap.7z 43.38 MB · 0 downloads

If it's just UNP, I've been mostly leaving those alone. I've added an armbinder/elbowbinder bodyslide, and the Heretic conversions, but the bulk i just basically convert the nifs and call it done. Basic UNP is pretty much the same in both SE and LE.

Suggestion/Request

Would it be practical for the framework to check for the presence in inventory of the rendered device at the time when the inventory device is equipped, and handle that unusual state appropriately?

Players sometimes get themselves into a bugged state when a rendered device (the component that's hidden in inventory) is left behind in player inventory, presumably through mods that remove items without regard to devious devices.  If the player later picks up the inventory device, both that and the rendered device are in inventory without the device actually being equipped.

DD isn't expecting that situation.  When the player puts on the device, it shows as equipped in the inventory window, but it is not visible on the character and is not usually detected as equipped by a keyword check, since the keywords are on the rendered item.  Players don't understand what's happening and tend to blame whatever mod gave them the inventory item to put on.

If the DD framework could handle this situation in which the rendered item is already present in inventory when the player equips a device, it would avoid a lot of confusion.

Steps to recreate the problem:

- Choose a device, such a specific collar.

- Use the console to add the "rendered" item for that device to player inventory.  This creates the bugged state.

- Add the corresponding "inventory" device to player inventory.

- Open the inventory window and equip the device.

- Notice that it shows as equipped in that screen, but it doesn't display on the player character.

Edited by HexBolt8
23 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

Suggestion/Request

Would it be practical for the framework to check for the presence in inventory of the rendered device at the time when the inventory device is equipped, and handle that unusual state appropriately?

Players sometimes get themselves into a bugged state when a rendered device (the component that's hidden in inventory) is left behind in player inventory, presumably through mods that remove items without regard to devious devices.  If the player later picks up the inventory device, both that and the rendered device are in inventory without the device actually being equipped.

DD isn't expecting that situation.  When the player puts on the device, it shows as equipped in the inventory window, but it is not visible on the character and is not usually detected as equipped by a keyword check, since the keywords are on the rendered item.  Players don't understand what's happening and tend to blame whatever mod gave them the inventory item to put on.

If the DD framework could handle this situation in which the rendered item is already present in inventory when the player equips a device, it would avoid a lot of confusion.

Steps to recreate the problem:

- Choose a device, such a specific collar.

- Use the console to add the "rendered" item for that device to player inventory.  This creates the bugged state.

- Add the corresponding "inventory" device to player inventory.

- Open the inventory window and equip the device.

- Notice that it shows as equipped in that screen, but it doesn't display on the player character.

I think that's the same thing elsidia mentioned earlier. you could try recompiling the script with her changes. This might be one of the pending bug fixes that aren't in yet that was mentioned.

32 minutes ago, zarantha said:

I think that's the same thing elsidia mentioned earlier. you could try recompiling the script with her changes. This might be one of the pending bug fixes that aren't in yet that was mentioned.

Thank you.  Yes, this looks like the same problem.  Do you know if a fix will be in 5.2?

36 minutes ago, HexBolt8 said:

Thank you.  Yes, this looks like the same problem.  Do you know if a fix will be in 5.2?

I hope so, but I don't know. I do know it's not in the beta yet, but that's because the bodyslide stuff is getting updated before kimy starts adding in the bug fixes.

Edit: I did add it in for SE users in beta 3, with the intent to try it out and see how well it works. Elsidia's stuff is usually solid so I don't expect an issue.

Edited by zarantha
1 hour ago, zarantha said:

I did add it in for SE users in beta 3, with the intent to try it out and see how well it works. Elsidia's stuff is usually solid so I don't expect an issue.

I found a Whip and Chain mini games bug (see DCL LE thread: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/33986-deviously-cursed-loot-le-90-2021-03-09/?do=findComment&comment=3623919).

With Original script this mini-game hang up forever as it spawns in inventory rendered device from this game and even if you unequipp Exhibitionist suit no more this mini-game works.

With my scripts fix, if you are in exhibitionist suit, mini game not hang up, but you can abuse a prizes as Extreme bondage dress not equipped, but rendered device is removed - mini game thinks that you win.

As this DCL bug simply then there we must choose 1) mini game hang up forever or 2) you can get unlimited prizes.

Edited by Elsidia
10 hours ago, Dust+ said:

Hello everyone and happy New Year!

Short gloves have this bug with CBBE body for a very-very long time already. Would be nice to fix it.

Reveal hidden contents

TESV_2021_12_31_16_31_31_526.jpg

TESV_2021_12_31_16_31_35_660.jpg

TESV_2021_12_31_16_32_24_988.jpg

These were "fixed" in the latest beta build. If you're using the latest beta and still seeing those broken versions then you may need to rebuild the gloves in BodySlide. The updated gloves are there for both CBBE and UUNP.

8 hours ago, UnEvenSteven said:

These were "fixed" in the latest beta build. If you're using the latest beta and still seeing those broken versions then you may need to rebuild the gloves in BodySlide. The updated gloves are there for both CBBE and UUNP.

Oh, I'm sorry. Everything is fine then.

10 hours ago, paparebbe said:

Have a question here. Is it possible to integrate this mod into Devious Devices framework? For more 'For him' content. Would be great for femdom walkthrough.
Happy New Year everyone!

The devs would need Vivi's permission to use her models, and chastity cages would need a rewrite of the animation filter to work properly. I'm not even sure if sexlab's tag system is advanced enough to detect whether a specific actor's penis is being used in an animation.

Good day again. This time it's not a serious, but it's not a minor remark either. The fact is that when Boxbinder is equipped, an on-screen message appears from the DDI, which is reserved for a Straitjacket, that is, it describes exactly it, and not the above-mentioned device (here is the line: zad_DeviceStraitjacketMSG).

I apologize for the poor English, but I hope I stayed understood...

Hi all, Happy New Year! And here are some bugs:

1. Iron ring slave boots. Looks like model is missing.

Spoiler

1210175864_TESV2022-01-0216-43-21-06.thumb.jpg.a559d1f34587724d4e705e65887a9a74.jpg

2. Looks like rope bindings (harnesses, arm bondage etc) are all lost bodyslide morphs. Fits correct only on weight=1.

Spoiler

1975810736_TESV2022-01-0217-07-41-19.thumb.jpg.74ec5ff338d090bb0e74838d1128d9ae.jpg

Spoiler

756031135_TESV2022-01-0217-52-05-47.thumb.jpg.5f7f43ee7f11d376128e6095a6940fd4.jpg

With another color ropes (white, black, red) all fine:

Spoiler

1672852793_TESV2022-01-0217-07-36-61.thumb.jpg.9ca53361628ce8eadfd213c5ee816732.jpg

Edited by r1d1
spoilers