What's on your mind?

7 minutes ago, KoolHndLuke said:

I just seem to remember someone wrote in a forum that saving to and then retrieving their game files from a flash drive didn't work for them. Or maybe they were storing AND playing their games from a flash drive. I don't remember tbh. I mean if you are switching from ntfs to fat32 and back again......idk. But if you've never had a problem...then who am I to say it's bad.

Ah I see, I'll probably hunt for any articles on it, because I have had to use flash drives for single mods transfer or save file transfer. Never had an issue yet but you know never hurts to know the proper way. Is why I touch on the topic. What do you do to save your stuff? Also don't mind me to much. I just loving reading the comments in this thread and had a blue moon moment to comment hehe. Carry on~

5 minutes ago, Yueviathan said:

What do you do to save your stuff?

I've used my onedrive before, but I started running into trouble with it about a year ago and stopped because it was messing up my files. I kept getting warnings and shit saying that I needed to buy more space. So I did and found out later that I was supposed to get a terabyte for free anyway. So I just gave up on the shit. I just need to learn more about it and it did help one time to recover some files that I thought were lost for good.

5 hours ago, DoctaSax said:

Anyone trying to learn from it, or check it for disallowed content or theft would be fucked too.

Hmm....I wonder do file permissions stay with a folder over the net? Like say I specify group access to my mod and just have people contact me to be added to the group or something. I could set it up to run automatically but with auditing or something. The only problem I see if that works is that anyone could get around it by making a copy or moving the files to fat32 to wipe permissions.

I am feeling some serious deja vu right about now.

When I heard about ABC News running altered video of an air show as footage of civilian slaughter in Syria, I immediately thought of Wag the Dog, an old movie about footage filmed in the United States of America being used to convince the American people of the necessity of a war with Albania despite there being no tension between the nations or any reason for the two countries to have any disputes whatsoever.

I wonder what old obscure 1990s cult classic will be dusted off and repackaged next (possibly in other media such as what passes for Reality).

14 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Working on my book since I can't sleep. Why do my best ideas come a three in the morning? Life without definition can be beautiful sometimes. The problem is that I never want to come back.

It is likely due to the fact that your mind starts to rest and you stop thinking heavily. Then the mind can start to process the days events and what you were working on and such. Once the pressure of daily life has gone... it can get to "work" and you get the answer.  Also, it seems to almost come from nowhere, easily and fully understood. 

Try centering yourself and do some light mediation. Once your mind is clear allow the thought to move to the problem or project at hand. don't force it. If done right.. you can have this happen in the afternoon, morning or when every you can allow yourself to think this way. 

1 hour ago, RitualClarity said:

It is likely due to the fact that your mind starts to rest and you stop thinking heavily.

If you mean it's because I'm not worried about stuff as much at night, then I agree. The morning light just signals a new day of potential problems to me- since that's when most other people become active. I like the dark so much that I think my eyes have become overly sensitive to light, especially daylight. ?

17 minutes ago, KoolHndLuke said:

If you mean it's because I'm not worried about stuff as much at night, then I agree. The morning light just signals a new day of potential problems to me- since that's when most other people become active. I like the dark so much that I think my eyes have become overly sensitive to light, especially daylight. ?

Yes, you allow your mind to relax even if a bit. Without all that extra worry and thoughts it can do its work and come up with good stuff for you.

Some can read something or have an issue go to sleep and wake up with an answer. Reason for teh saying "I'll sleep on it"

What will be an accurate representation of the next major conflict?   Far Cry has the bush wars pretty well laid out, but I am thinking in a conflict between near peers (NATO vs China/Russia).  Most of the games now are still using a WWII style of conflict of force on force, but I doubt that will be it.    War via proxies still seems to be the rave, but I don't know of any good games that model Ukraine/Donetsk/<name of other area that escapes me> conflict and to put it bluntly, the Syrian conflict seems to be mostly a COIN style battle which Modern Warfare does a decent enough job, though on the individual level.  

I want something like an Ultimate General: Civil War like interface, but.... maybe the only good war games that can be emulated on the PC will be those Napoleonic style wars. 

I had the strangest dream the other night. I had some beautiful babe agent that was in my apartment and was helping to find someone or something. I discovered a newspaper that she had written some things down in and I immediately suspected her of being there to kill me. I attacked this poor woman and threw her against the wall. I really fuckin went off on her to the point of pushing her over the stove, turning it on, and burning her pretty face and nice tits to a black. I let her drop to the floor and then I think.....I killed her with a kitchen knife. After as I was cleaning up, I discovered her body was gone or something and I knew she would come back for me.

Strange.....

On 10/19/2019 at 11:29 AM, steelpanther24 said:

What will be an accurate representation of the next major conflict?

This wasn't a bad guess for a You Tube video: I especially enjoyed the info on how the U.S. get the missiles out of the Sub....

Spoiler

Rereading the post tells me you're wanting Game possibilities. Well, I couldn't begin to guess what developers have up their sleeves. With the desire to gain the Chinese market, they wouldn't want to piss off the government.

On 10/21/2019 at 10:42 PM, landess said:

This wasn't a bad guess for a You Tube video: I especially enjoyed the info on how the U.S. get the missiles out of the Sub....

Hide contents

Rereading the post tells me you're wanting Game possibilities. Well, I couldn't begin to guess what developers have up their sleeves. With the desire to gain the Chinese market, they wouldn't want to piss off the government.

Not a bad video, but more fantasy than reality.   Anyway, that scenario is already done to death with Fallout.   What I was wondering is if they will have a game where you control hacking forces, or economic forces or something like that.  The  hybrid war sort of concept.

15 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

1 November 2019. The original Blade Runner is set in today. We can no longer call it a movie that takes place in the future.

Hide contents

That TYPO in this meme is killing me tho'..

76894237_2075934635873575_8212602623916769280_n.jpg.22dca8175058cf83a00167539fc08cc9.jpg

Depressing, isn't it? One can't tell the difference between 1999 and 2019.

We were supposed to have flying cars and daytrips Mars at this point, dammit!