@Bad Dog, about the new Hoodies mechanism... I'm thinking, since the enchantment is in all 4 schlong levels, it doesn't matter which one gets equipped by default, because the system will kick in and update it to whatever one is required by the SOS spells/hotkeys/animevents/SL Aroused updates/SL scenes, right?

I'm asking because I'm working on getting the sharks updated for the new Hoodies version, and I noticed now the only dependency on Hoodies itself is in the Magic Effect. The plan would be to set up the sheath as a "normal" SOS addon using the erect mesh  as the "base" one and have everything set up for Hoodies but leave the scripts field in the MagicEffect empty (so there's no Hoodies dependency, just base SOS). Then, all the "Hoodies patch" does is edit the MGEF to add the Hoodies script, so now schlongs should start swapping to the appropriate stages (unless changes to magic effect data don't take effect in existing games and need a new save instead, but I don't think that's the case). That means non-Hoodies users get perma-unsheathed schlongs without having to install Hoodies for those, but Hoodies/YA users will get the whole system working.

The main downside I can think of is NPCs will equip the erect mesh by default and will only go back to sheathed or halfway-sheathed if you bump it into triggering a swap. Does Hoodies also check for which stage should be equipped on schlong equip, or does it only kick in when it gets an event that should trigger a swap? If it does the former, then the erect mesh would only be equipped for a split second and the sheathed one would load as intended right away, but if it's the latter, then this kinda defeats the point since it would basically be erect most of the time unless the player intentionally forces a swap to halfway stages and then back to sheathed every time they undress.

Hi @Bad Dog,

i wanted to report some minor issues and its solution with the latest YA version 10. Specifically, in the armor records of  "YiffyAgeInvisBoots.esp" & "YiffyAgeDigiBoots.esp". The problem I faced was that Tigers, Snowleopards and Lions had Khajiit textures applied to their naked feet when I equipped boots from either of the esps. For Panthers, the feet textures got completley messed up (Pictures in Spoiler below). All other Races' feet textures were fine. Also, when equipping open gauntlets (Hide Bracers) all races use the Khajiit Hand textures.

Spoiler

20210111003633_1.thumb.jpg.482f8c806b0e06c5496bcb395d15abfa.jpg20210110230446_1.thumb.jpg.3e0d3949427fdf91781423eb27cbfd89.jpg20210110230802_1.thumb.jpg.0029e6c0602f090e1de37d114bbf478a.jpg

I was able to identify with xEdit, why these happen:

The armorAA "NakedFeetKhajiit" actually allows all feline races to equip it. So, if the AA for Khajiit feet is listed before the AA of i.e. the tiger race, tigers would use the first valid AA as reference which is the Khajiit feet AA. The cheetah race is not affected by this since its AA is listed before the AA of Khajiit (Pictures in spoiler).

The fix is either to remove all other feline races from the "NakedFeetKhajiit" AA or move it below the other feline AAs in every armor/boot record.

The issue with panthers is similar in that there actually is a "NakedDarkElfFeet" AA in every boot record listed above "NakedPantherFeet" AA  which points to the regular dunmer textures. This one can also be resolved by removing it from every boot armor record. 

Spoiler

xEdit.thumb.png.2e852f409f259b01c4168b665327b107.png20210111004949_1.thumb.jpg.92b7e26d2fa15cb90ca85450e22bd89f.jpg20210111004836_1.thumb.jpg.bafa5a2add08429cdc088a55a67f4764.jpg

For the open gauntlets, all races are moved to the Khajiit version AA in "YiffiAgeConsolidated.esp" (I think HideBracersKhajiitAA, HideBracers01KhajiitAA, ImperialGloves... ). If you undo that, and make the original races valid for the non-Khajiit versions of the AA (or remove the overwrites from the plugin alltogether), the textures and claws show up just fine.

Spoiler

xEdit2.thumb.png.7b1458b987cb2bb08cbac43d6c77b4c5.png20210111004805_1.thumb.jpg.1b864a2f6316ac2a59e26991f480b115.jpg

Also, i think the thieves guild meshes are missing for "YiffyAgeDigiBoots" but there exists an armor record of them in the plugin. This means that it tries to use the original meshes which do not have armor slot 56 stored in their nif. Which makes the calves disappear. Are there meshes for thieves guild boots? Otherwise one would need some substitue mesh...

Spoiler

20210111011404_1.thumb.jpg.1acb6c462cfacfcc3d96cbb765b2b72e.jpg

I hope that I am not the only one seeing this^^

Other than that, thanks for your hard work!

Cheers

22 minutes ago, lolic said:

Also, i think the thieves guild meshes are missing for "YiffyAgeDigiBoots" but there exists an armor record of them in the plugin. This means that it tries to use the original meshes which do not have armor slot 56 stored in their nif. Which makes the calves disappear. Are there meshes for thieves guild boots? Otherwise one would need some substitue mesh...

I've been seeing this since I installed YA months ago >_> Could never pin down why, though. Guess it's time to crank out some extra footwear...

I think this would work. Main reason I haven't done it is (1) schlongs should show up flaccid to begin with and (2) if you're adding an ESP anyway to enable hoodies, does it really matter whether you also override the quest or not? I hadn't thought about making hoodies an addon to the base SOS. I've taken the approach of either hoodies or SOS, and SOS is made from hoodies by removing the enchantment from the schlongs and changing the mesh referred to by the quest. It's a simple enough change and that way it's a single ESP either way.

Right now the scripts assume that if the schlong got equipped there was a reason for it, so they don't second-guess it by re-evaluating, which means they wouldn't swap the erect for faccid mesh until the next event (which could be SLA, of course). That could be changed but it's the kind of thing that's prone to problems, e.g. equip the mesh, mesh decides should have been something else, change the mesh, oops whatever caused the original swap tries again, infinite loop. It's beautifully simple (compared with the prior system) and I'd be hesitant to muck with it.

2 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

Cool! Thanks a lot!

By the way @Bad Dog, I also noticed that there is a "result := v" statement missing in the  isHeadgear function of "Armor Fixup" xEdit script distributed with v10.

I also figured that one would probably need to switch "NakedSnowLeopardFeet" and "NakedTigerFeet" in the LoadBareFeet() procedure as well as removing the "NakedFeetDarkElf". The switching of the former is needed since Snowleopards use the Tigers as an armor race. As a result, Snowleopard's AAs always need to contain Tigers as a valid race which again means that Tigers would use the SnowLeopard Textures if "NakedSnowLeopardFeet" is listed first. (Sadly, this sacrifices the Snowelf textures since they will use the tiger textures from the armor race dependence. It's the same reason why Sly's equippable tails don't work for Snowleopards. But since there are more Bosmer in the game...)

I'm going to have to switch back to not loading any feet addons for the invisible boots because of conflicts with other beast races. E.g., deer use the khajiit race so they end up with pawfeet. I wanted to change it so you couldn't wear a bunch of boots at once and stack the buffs, but I'd rather that and have the other races work with YA.

Thx for the info about the isHeadgear.

1 hour ago, Mysticgirl said:

Your mod is incredible.
There is another breed that is interesting but it is true that they are not carnivores.
It's the breed of Rabbits (no don't laugh, it exists and is rather well done).
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/87702

If ever you wanted to add another breed, well here it is ^^
(it's just an idea).

That race was actually part of Yiffy Age at one point, replacing the Bosmer/Wood Elves. But it was changed since the mod now goes for a balance of the "human" races being canines and the Elven races being Felines, but leaving the Argonians and Khajiit mostly as is.

The change log for your Hoodie Schlongs mod:

- Fixed new scripts to handle non-revealing armors and arousal updates without stripping

Is this fix going to be added to the Schlongs addon for this mod, or can I just copy the scripts from the Hoodies mod over to this one?

8 hours ago, LordFlawn said:

Is this fix going to be added to the Schlongs addon for this mod, or can I just copy the scripts from the Hoodies mod over to this one?

I assume it will be added eventually, but AFAIK all the Schlong plugins/files from BD just include the same repackaged Hoodies system (i.e. no differences in the way they all work and stuff) so you should be able to replace the SchlongsCore plugin and the scripts from YA with the updated ones just fine.

(Also, this is off-topic, but I like your new PFP, lol.) :classic_shy:

4 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

all the Schlong plugins/files from BD just include the same repackaged Hoodies system (i.e. no differences in the way they all work and stuff) so you should be able to replace the SchlongsCore plugin and the scripts from YA with the updated ones just fine.

Okay, I did a test and it worked. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to break any thing, like maybe one the schlongs that included in the hoodies mod or something. But if the files are the exact same, that'll definitely be fine.

4 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

Thank you, I felt like I needed something more on-brand for the work I do.

On 1/17/2021 at 4:15 AM, Blaze69 said:

I assume it will be added eventually, but AFAIK all the Schlong plugins/files from BD just include the same repackaged Hoodies system (i.e. no differences in the way they all work and stuff) so you should be able to replace the SchlongsCore plugin and the scripts from YA with the updated ones just fine.

you recommend just overwriting with MO, or outright replacing?

Okay, so I don't know what else to do other than ask for help, because I've tried all the usual troubleshooting steps.

Simply put, the new sheathing schlong mechanism for all of Bad Dog's mods just don't work for me. Outside of being forced into the fully erect state by an animation, the mesh never gets swapped out. Even on a brand new save, this behavior is the same.

It's not likely load order is an issue, seeing as the order did not change from before the updates. Yiffy Age and it's components are at the bottom anyways. I tried dragging the new SchlongCore.esp all the way to the bottom as well, and still nothing.

Is there an extra requirement that I'm not privy to? It was all working perfectly before, so I don't get how now it's broken. Possibly an incompatibility with another mod, but since I don't know exactly how the script changed I don't even know where to begin looking.

2 hours ago, Ryokentaru said:

Okay, so I don't know what else to do other than ask for help, because I've tried all the usual troubleshooting steps.

Simply put, the new sheathing schlong mechanism for all of Bad Dog's mods just don't work for me. Outside of being forced into the fully erect state by an animation, the mesh never gets swapped out. Even on a brand new save, this behavior is the same.

It's not likely load order is an issue, seeing as the order did not change from before the updates. Yiffy Age and it's components are at the bottom anyways. I tried dragging the new SchlongCore.esp all the way to the bottom as well, and still nothing.

Is there an extra requirement that I'm not privy to? It was all working perfectly before, so I don't get how now it's broken. Possibly an incompatibility with another mod, but since I don't know exactly how the script changed I don't even know where to begin looking.

I've only had the schlongs working correctly once: Alvor in the starting cave (LAL). I can't even repeat that either on new saves. The only other races that work are BD's other ones.

In my case though it may be because of my wryebash edits a week or 2 ago. Removing wryebash and re-installing the mods+clearing overwrites still left the edits intact.

10 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

Check this out (LE and SE): 

I tried it out. I don't think it changed my situation personally. I did see it change appropriately to the P4 mesh exactly once after an animation finished, but after that it went back to being completely unresponsive.

I may have to make a new mod profile this weekend and just add things little by little until I find out what's interfering with it. Given that the meshes change at all, it seems that the script is running, but it's just failing to change the mesh except in the case of an animation. That has always had a 100% success rate changing to the P1 mesh so far.