41 minutes ago, Bad Dog said:

digi boots still has that problem with shoes....i don't have a "foot wrap" or "ankle brace/bracelet" mesh to fix that with.

....also the boots i did are cheaply done crap, i can't do real _0 _1 meshes with 3ds max.

2 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

I'm guessing it's because I simplified the invisible digi boots by removing all armor addons--then since they aren't knocking out the underlying body part, the feet mesh stay. But I guess the engine figures that since there's no actual armor there it's fine to have more than one. Maybe?

Engine bug. Armor records with no compatible ArmorAddons for the PC's race don't actually seem to take up the slot they are set to (or at least don't "block" it properly), so you can equip as many of them as you want.

We know it is an engine bug because in FO4 if you try to equip an item that doesn't have a compatible AA, the game actually tells you as much and prevents you from using it. Probably due to the non-wearable-by-humans-but-still-"playable" gear like dog armor or Super Mutant items forcing Bethesda to fix the bug for that game while they didn't bother doing so for Skyrim, because as we all know, "if it ain't broken enough to cause sales to drop by more than 20%, it's not worth trying to fix at all, so forget about that "bugfixing" shit and get to work on more Creation Club Crap microtransactions".

3 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

Just recently realized with the digi addon I can wear as many boots as I like.

I'm guessing it's because I simplified the invisible digi boots by removing all armor addons--then since they aren't knocking out the underlying body part, the feet mesh stay. But I guess the engine figures that since there's no actual armor there it's fine to have more than one. Maybe?

So I could put all the feet mesh back on all the boots if anybody cares.

(Yeah, I could also get committed to digi boots.)

As far as I can tell it doesn't break anything having extra boots. If people don't want multiple pairs they'll just take off any extras. Not really worth worrying about unless something is broken by having infinite boots.

4 hours ago, Rockat said:

As far as I can tell it doesn't break anything having extra boots. If people don't want multiple pairs they'll just take off any extras. Not really worth worrying about unless something is broken by having infinite boots.

Just means you can stack as many buffs as you have boots for.

Hey, fleabags and fuzzybutts-- 

Started a new playthrough on LE to test out the bats and thought I'd do the vanilla start. And re-discovered the problem with Gunjar being missing. I'm wondering if anyone has an idea about what's happening and how to fix it.

What's happening is that he's getting pulled into some other part of Helgen Keep. With a little command line work I found him stuck in a wall one floor down, thrashing around. I don't know why, or how to stop it.

There was some thought that his HDT tail was ending up below floor level and that was pulling him under. I gave him a special no-hdt tail and that didn't fix it. I tried raising him a bit so he'd be definitely above the floor, and that didn't do it. 

Anybody got other ideas?

I don't really understand how dead bodies work, btw. I can place an NPC in T-pose, but Gunjar is placed in a collapsed pose already. Dunno how they do that.

2 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

Started a new playthrough on LE to test out the bats and thought I'd do the vanilla start. And re-discovered the problem with Gunjar being missing. I'm wondering if anyone has an idea about what's happening and how to fix it.

that problem is caused by Creature Framework V2_0_0

update MNCSLAL and then use Creature Framework V2_0_1A (found on the MNCSLAL page) or go back to using CF 1.1.0-pre2.

WHAT? I've been beating my head against this and it's not even my problem?

Freakin' A. Why do I even bother trying to debug things, I should just ask you guys.

Edit: Except, fukkit, I think I'm using CF 2.0.1A. Checking to make sure it's not being overridden.

40 minutes ago, Bad Dog said:

Dood, now you're just messing with me. 

sorry, i'm a bit sleep deprived right now.

39 minutes ago, Bad Dog said:

I had the problem with Hadvar not showing up. Not sure what's to be done about that. 

Hadvar = update MNC and update or downgrade CF.

Gunjar = download my esp that edits his body placement.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, Bad Dog, is there some sort of reference digi foot that makes it so each race uses their own, proper, foot mesh, when equipping footwear?

Trying to use the caninefoot mesh as the ref will cause any argonians that equip said footwear to grow canine feet >_> There's got to be a more global way to do this.

4 hours ago, MonVert said:

Hey, Bad Dog, is there some sort of reference digi foot that makes it so each race uses their own, proper, foot mesh, when equipping footwear?

Trying to use the caninefoot mesh as the ref will cause any argonians that equip said footwear to grow canine feet >_> There's got to be a more global way to do this.

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/66220-yiffy-age-of-skyrim/page/322/?tab=comments#comment-3149266

At first I set all the boot armors to point to the different races' feet as their ARMA records. That worked and races got their own feet. But new races like horses say they use an existing race's armors--for horses it's imperials, I think--so that the default armors show up on them. That means that for the boots, they get whatever armor the imperials get, which is vaalsark feet. But argonians should have gotten their own feet.

Then I realized or was told that wasn't necessary and I could just set the boots to have no ARMA records (except mannequins and skeletons). Then they don't knock out the existing feet and races keep their own feet. Side effect is you can wear as many boots as you like, all at once, and get all their buffs. But again, argonians should have kept their feet.

MMG's strategy is to give the boots a different slot so they go on top of existing feet. Solves all the above problems.

So I really dunno why argonians aren't keeping their feet for you. I think they are for me, I'm sure I would have noticed. What's your exact situation and load order?

7 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

At first I set all the boot armors to point to the different races' feet as their ARMA records. That worked and races got their own feet. But new races like horses say they use an existing race's armors--for horses it's imperials, I think--so that the default armors show up on them. That means that for the boots, they get whatever armor the imperials get, which is vaalsark feet. But argonians should have gotten their own feet.

Then I realized or was told that wasn't necessary and I could just set the boots to have no ARMA records (except mannequins and skeletons). Then they don't knock out the existing feet and races keep their own feet. Side effect is you can wear as many boots as you like, all at once, and get all their buffs. But again, argonians should have kept their feet.

MMG's strategy is to give the boots a different slot so they go on top of existing feet. Solves all the above problems.

So I really dunno why argonians aren't keeping their feet for you. I think they are for me, I'm sure I would have noticed. What's your exact situation and load order?

Editing ESP records is urgh...

And I think you misunderstood what I meant when I said the thing about foot changes. I was originally trying to use the digi foot meshes in the BDBeastsFolder as a a foot ref for digi boots in Outfit Studio.  It made the boots work for everyone, without record changes, but ended up changing the foot mesh to whatever I used.

I was just hoping for some sort of  easier; simpler, method of building digi boots. Editing ESP records just to make footwear work is...not one of them. ? The same goes for changing partitions, although that's a bit easier.

• 3 weeks later...

@Bad Dog
One thing I'm curious about: just how long does it take you to facegen all of the NPC when ever you've done substantial changes?

Just asking, as I'm running it for OBIS. The grey faces were starting to annoy me.

Edit: NVM, I've gotten my answer...holy shit you must have some patience:

Spoiler

image.png.c9a03853c9647167851d5b978afc4b7f.png

8 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

Yes. For-fucking-ever. Over 12 hours for the vanilla NPCs.

I believe it. I've been patching a few mods I want to use using the script you included with YA. The FaceGen process is slow as fuck, AND it seems like every NPC in a batch takes longer than the last, for reasons that I'm sure somehow boil down to "CK is shit." Doing them three at a time was significantly faster than just setting it and forgetting it, but this has the obvious drawback of not being able to really do much else during the process.

To be honest, after learning this, I'm surprised you've opted to take requests to make patches at all given how time consuming it can be. Kudos.

Well, I fucked up the patch - it didn't work. I think I know where I went wrong - I had the new esp selected but not active.

Edit: It's generating directly into the patch folder now, so I'll put my OBIS and AFS 0.3 bis patches in a post with their decompressed sizes if they work...just another 3 1/2 hours wait due to 2121 records (the 7zip files are only 7% of their original sizes btw).

I need help. The new version of the "Thief" mod changes the Nord race (Lykaios).  If I have an active mod "Thief" Lykaios uses a human texture of the body, hands and feet.

It also uses human hands, feet mesh, tail missing. When try to load a new saved game CTD occurs.

Can anyone help me solve this problem?

Thanks

ScreenShot4774.jpg

6 minutes ago, poblivion said:

I need help. The new version of the "Thief" mod changes the Nord race (Lykaios).  If I have an active mod "Thief" Lykaios uses a human texture of the body, hands and feet.

It also uses human hands, feet mesh, tail missing. When try to load a new saved game CTD occurs.

here we go (again)... ?

1- check your load order and put Yiffy Age at the very bottom, no matter what loot says;

2- read the first post of this topic;

3- go play your game, it's expected your trouble is solved and no longer happens again.

20 minutes ago, stolensweetroll said:

here we go (again)... ?

1- check your load order and put Yiffy Age at the very bottom, no matter what loot says;

2- read the first post of this topic;

3- go play your game, it's expected your trouble is solved and no longer happens again.

Thanks, in part it helped. Now the characters look right (textures, tail ... everything is back).  There is still a CTD here, but it may not be related to YA.