I haven't forgotten this mod, just been stupidly busy with the part time job. (One of the other drivers abruptly quit in the middle of the summer season, didn't bother handing in his notice he just didn't show up, wouldn't answer his phone, the other driver had to drive 20 miles to his house only to be told 'no I'm not coming to work anymore' & he just walked away.

No idea what happened to cause that but it left me doing two peoples work during one of the busiest times of the year.

The replacement driver we eventually got was brilliant but she got a job offer that was too good to pass up so we lost her as well. At least she let us know what was happening. Now got two more drivers, but they've just started and we're still breaking them in.)

So I've got this one-piece suit mesh that covers from head to toe, the software for converting it, a bunch of tutorials on how to convert it ... I just don't have the time or energy to actually do it. What time I have got I'm concentrating on art I can sell to help pay the bills.

When things calm back down again after summer I'll have a go at porting the rubber skin, providing it works I'll make one without the head section, set to BODY so you can wear gloves and boots over the top.

But don't hold your breath, August bank holiday weekend is approaching and I'm going to need some time to recover afterwards.

One of the other drivers abruptly quit in the middle of the summer season, didn't bother handing in his notice he just didn't show up, wouldn't answer his phone, the other driver had to drive 20 miles to his house only to be told 'no I'm not coming to work anymore' & he just walked away.

So nice to have reliable people, isn't it?

Don't sweat it. Real life has to take precedence, you're no good to us if you starve or end up homeless. ;)

Just get us the meshes when you can, it'll be alright.

I haven't forgotten this mod, just been stupidly busy with the part time job. (One of the other drivers abruptly quit in the middle of the summer season, didn't bother handing in his notice he just didn't show up, wouldn't answer his phone, the other driver had to drive 20 miles to his house only to be told 'no I'm not coming to work anymore' & he just walked away.

Oh man... this reminds me of when I had a summer job mowing grass at the university...

I had one coworker who would shop up MAYBE one third of the time. Never on rainy days, never on Mondays, often late... in my opinion he was worse than nothing, but nobody would fire him because they were too desperate.

Sucked for me and the one other dependable guy because the expectation of what our crew could accomplish in a day was based off of our best-case number of workers.

Ok, I have experimented with the race idea from ZofaSoldier and got something that might work. There seems to be a lot of clipping issues, though.

I'd like to get everyone's opinion on this before I decide whether or not to integrate it into TIR. Just download the attached archive, extract it to your Data directory and enable the esp. Or install with the mod manager of your choice. Should be pretty straight forward.

This is a test plugin which I keep separate from TIR. It has nothing to do with TIR and might even conflict. It's just as a basic proof-of-concept to see if the solution is viable. If you currently have a TIR rubbersuit on, get it removed before you try this test plugin. Revert back to your normal race before continuing TIR. Do not use it on a "serious" playthrough, or create a savegame to return back to afterwards.

In the game, type 'coc lrctest' in the console to teleport into a small room with a bowl in the middle. Activate the bowl to convert to the new rubber race. Activate it again to go back to your original race. You can 'coc' to any other cell to get back out. For example, 'coc riverwood' will drop you in front of Riverwood.

While being rubber race, your body slot will also be blocked by a non-removable piece of invisible armor. That's just to prevent you from equipping any normal armor because, trust me, it wouldn't look good.

You can still equip boots and gloves, but there may be problems with clipping, missing textures or skin showing (if the item has visible skin, like a sandal). That's why I do this. I want to get a feeling for how bad it is. Will people be able to live with it or not? And maybe there's stuff we can fix if we work together, who knows?

I'm particularly interested in hearing from people with custom races and different vampire mods. Transformations and vampirism specifically may cause problems, depending on the setup. The classic vampirism script for example looks what race you are to decide what vampire race you're going to be. Obviously, that'll fail with the rubber race because it's unknown to the script. Dawnguard seems to have changed the way vampires work and a gazillion vampire mods out there change it again. "Better Vampires" claims to support custom races but would require me to provide an additional vampire race for my rubber race (which I haven't created so far).

lrc-20160825.7z

Ok, I have experimented with the race idea from ZofaSoldier and got something that might work. There seems to be a lot of clipping issues, though.

I'd like to get everyone's opinion on this before I decide whether or not to integrate it into TIR. Just download the attached archive, extract it to your Data directory and enable the esp. Or install with the mod manager of your choice. Should be pretty straight forward.

This is a test plugin which I keep separate from TIR. It has nothing to do with TIR and might even conflict. It's just as a basic proof-of-concept to see if the solution is viable. If you currently have a TIR rubbersuit on, get it removed before you try this test plugin. Revert back to your normal race before continuing TIR. Do not use it on a "serious" playthrough, or create a savegame to return back to afterwards.

In the game, type 'coc lrctest' in the console to teleport into a small room with a bowl in the middle. Activate the bowl to convert to the new rubber race. Activate it again to go back to your original race. You can 'coc' to any other cell to get back out. For example, 'coc riverwood' will drop you in front of Riverwood.

While being rubber race, your body slot will also be blocked by a non-removable piece of invisible armor. That's just to prevent you from equipping any normal armor because, trust me, it wouldn't look good.

You can still equip boots and gloves, but there may be problems with clipping, missing textures or skin showing (if the item has visible skin, like a sandal). That's why I do this. I want to get a feeling for how bad it is. Will people be able to live with it or not? And maybe there's stuff we can fix if we work together, who knows?

I'm particularly interested in hearing from people with custom races and different vampire mods. Transformations and vampirism specifically may cause problems, depending on the setup. The classic vampirism script for example looks what race you are to decide what vampire race you're going to be. Obviously, that'll fail with the rubber race because it's unknown to the script. Dawnguard seems to have changed the way vampires work and a gazillion vampire mods out there change it again. "Better Vampires" claims to support custom races but would require me to provide an additional vampire race for my rubber race (which I haven't created so far).

attachicon.giflrc-20160825.7z

I think the clipping is because the skin for the rubber suit is actually bigger than your skin when naked. But otherwise, this worked. I personally do not mind at all. If I was enclosed in rubber, I would not want to be wearing anything else on top....

I think the clipping is because the skin for the rubber suit is actually bigger than your skin when naked. But otherwise, this worked. I personally do not mind at all. If I was enclosed in rubber, I would not want to be wearing anything else on top....

Huh. Maybe if I scale the mesh down a little bit in NifSkope? I'll have to try that. Tomorrow. When I'm not falling over due to lack of sleep.

Huh. Maybe if I scale the mesh down a little bit in NifSkope? I'll have to try that. Tomorrow. When I'm falling over due to lack of sleep.

That should do it. Most clothing starts as the body mesh scaled up a tiny bit.

Unfortunately, it turns out to be not that easy. Scaling the entire body (mesh+bones) has no effect, because the relations don't change. You can scale it down to 50% and it will still look normal size on your character.

If you leave the bones and simply scale down the mesh without the bones, then - obviously - the bones don't align with the mesh anymore. Which doesn't look good.

I think this would have to be done in a real 3D program by someone who knows what they're doing.

Unfortunately, it turns out to be not that easy. Scaling the entire body (mesh+bones) has no effect, because the relations don't change. You can scale it down to 50% and it will still look normal size on your character.

Greyspammer, I loaded the .nif provided with your earlier upload into nifskope (assuming that it is catsuit_fullbody and I opened the right file). Is my thinking correct that this is still a common clothing nif after all, just used as body shape now? Or did you make other edits to the nif except stitching the three original components together and changing the dismemberment stuff?

If the former is the case, this should work to make the nif conform to the original body shape. Using Bodyslide, load the actual body nif (UNP CBBE whatever) as second nif into the scene. Then select the rubber body and use the brush tools to shrink it until it neatly matches the original body. Finally, delete the template body from the scene and re-export the nif. It *should* work.

I'd be happy to give it a try, mind sending me a copy of your main f body via PM?

Reverting from Vampire lord form changes the race back to your original one. (I presume its the same for the Warewolf transformation)

Rubber hands are not visible from first person (but you probably already know that).

The biggest vanilla conflict is Vampirism and Lycantrophy.

You could check for the current player race and if it matches the one stored in memory then automatically switch it back to rubberRace and store the new race into memory. Could even add a cool rubber sound effect signifying the rubber is re-forming, flowing around the players body and covering it back up again.

Was wearing Vampire gloves and Vampire boots from Dawnguard and did not notice any clipping.

Vampire conflicts could also be prevented by adding immunity to disease (you are isolated from the world in your suit after all). This would prevent getting randomly infected and turned to a vampire while doing quests for the Mistress, but I'm not sure how that would work out with Vampire lord and Werewolf conversion as they are both scripted.

Also, an interesting idea just popped into my head:

Switching to the rubber race the first time would lock hands, feet and torso slots, so the player could only wear and run around in her suit. But after slowly getting used to the suit, it would feel more natural (and maybe get a bit more tighter, perhaps as a reward from the Mistress for being a good slave). This would slowly unlock each slot one by one, allowing the player to wear items over her rubber suit as it would slowly start to feel like her own skin.

It would also prevent any player from hiding parts of that lovely suit with ugly gloves and boots from the start.

The Mistress could reward the player with a second layer of rubber once they pleased her. It would go over the suit the player is wearing, could be enchanted and would provide decent armor rating.

It would also prevent players to switching to powerful but ugly gear. And the second layer boots or gloves could always be replaced with an arm-binder or high heeled shoes.

Just personally I don't really like the idea of the RubberRace.

I have always enjoyed the idea of strolling along the plains of whiterun, finding this suit and letter and then *boom* trapped in rubber, only learning of the full extent of the trip later on.

Keep in mind that the narrative won't change. It won't be a playable race that you can choose at character creation. Officially, you'll still be a normal human who is wearing rubber that can't be removed.

The rubber race is just a way to implement this "wearing rubber" without having conflicts with DD gear, for example. It allows me to show that your character's feet are always covered in rubber, while at the same time, you can still choose your own footwear. If you prefer the simple boots, you can use them. Do you like the ballet boots? No problem, use those. Think of the rubber race as a way to turn the rubber into some kind of underwear.

The alternative would be to simply port everything to DDi. And then, if some slots are occupied... well, then they're occupied. If that prevents you from completing another mod that needs to access that slot, so be it.

Personally, I like the idea that you could still wear "my" rubber suit after finishing TIR and play through most (all?) other mods and vanilla Skyrim, never ever having to remove the rubber.

Hello Greyspammer

First let me tell you that you did an excellent job, a true rubberly master piece.

So after playing it, and after I tried the "Rubber Race" idea I was thinking. Gas mask is good and all, but would it be possible to integrate maybe Latex Hoods from Veladarius's Devious Extras mod (I'm know that its not his mod just using it). Like make it a part of the Rubber Race, as if the player would be wearing a suit, that covers everything. And maybe people could where rubber hoods and a gas mask together.

If you decide o keep this idea of the RR. Make it like a follow up to the gauntlet quest. After the player finishes the test this could be the final initiation for the player -> His own (not worn by no one else before :D) second skin.

The only problem would be that if you chose not to allow players to wear armor over the chest part than that could endanger the rubber nuns idea you had, so it would be best to allow armor over the rubber skin -> and than you can make a separate rubber nun outfit to be worn over the suit(skin). Technically you could than have a bunch of rubber outfits over the RR skin. Like a maids dress ( please if you are rely doing this than put in a rubber maids dress to :D), Inflatable dress, or a rubber grown for the Mistress.

And an other think I was thinking about. The Tower is nice and all, but would a castle not look cooler. Like the one for the vampires in dawnguard ( Castle Volkihar) ?

An It could open more possibility's -> Like after defeating Enaron no one is disturbing the Mistress anymore so she can continue her original planes by gaining more influence, and more influence means more slaves and for that The Mistress will need a bigger place of operation :).

It could be like in the Captured Dreams shop Quest where there would be a main quest for each sections of the castle and after finishing it it would not just open a new part of the Castle, but I could open up repeatable quests to. 

For example:

- Nursery -> Where the Dark Red rubber Slave would want to give a health inspection for the player.  

- A Stables -> Where the player could get pony training and start races. 

- A Docks -> Where the player could check on the supplies which just arrived ( Of course the shipment that just arrived would be a Cursed loot trap :D)

- A Chapel -> For rubber Mistress worship.

- ... (The possibilities are limitless :D )

So this is all I wanted to say. Sry If what I wrote is a bit chaotic, but English is not my first langue.

And Greyspammer keep up the great work you are doing ;)

Personally, I like the idea that you could still wear "my" rubber suit after finishing TIR and play through most (all?) other mods and vanilla Skyrim, never ever having to remove the rubber.

From your response I take it you are leaning towards that implementation? :)

And as a previous poster said, it would be interesting to introduce rubber hoods to the story, maybe add another race that is fully rubberred up (suit + mask with lenses so the player would be still fully trapped in rubber even while wearing only the hood).

You wont need to implement a custom rubber race for each vanilla race if you just cover it all up. A gasmask could still (and should) go over it. 

I am playing as a vampire and am using better vampirism, so if you need anything specific tested out then please let me know.

So after playing it, and after I tried the "Rubber Race" idea I was thinking. Gas mask is good and all, but would it be possible to integrate maybe Latex Hoods from Veladarius's Devious Extras mod (I'm know that its not his mod just using it). Like make it a part of the Rubber Race, as if the player would be wearing a suit, that covers everything.

Way ahead of you there. I already tried that. But it didn't work out the way I hoped. I think it has something to do with Facegen. Skyrim handles the head completely differently from the other body parts. When I started with the "default" character and made no changes to the face, it kind of worked. But I didn't get the hair to disappear, it always clipped through the hood. Maybe I could fix that with another invisible armor piece. But the bigger problem was: As soon as I changed anything during character creation, the hoods would disappear altogether.

The only problem would be that if you chose not to allow players to wear armor over the chest part than that could endanger the rubber nuns idea you had, so it would be best to allow armor over the rubber skin -> and than you can make a separate rubber nun outfit to be worn over the suit(skin). Technically you could than have a bunch of rubber outfits over the RR skin. Like a maids dress ( please if you are rely doing this than put in a rubber maids dress to :D), Inflatable dress, or a rubber grown for the Mistress.

Yes and no. Special rubber wear could be put into different body slots. But we'll have to see. Right now, this is all just in its experimental phase and I haven't made a final decision yet.

And an other think I was thinking about. The Tower is nice and all, but would a castle not look cooler.

No. ;)

The Tower will most likely stay. Any additional installations will just be put in the basement under the sea, where there is practically infinite room for expansion.

First of all, I hate level design. I'm happy that I managed to get the Tower up and running and really hesitant to start all over again.

Second, it fits better to the character of the Mistress. She's not boastful. She doesn't need a huge, flashy castle that would only draw attention from thieves, nobles, warring parties and a lot of other unsavoury characters. She could deal with all of them but she'd rather spend her time in other ways. The Tower is just big enough to show that it's no ordinary place and as a bandit, you probably shouldn't just storm in there. But not big enough to draw too much unwanted attention. And its true nature (and size) is underground, hidden away from the surface. Just like with her. :)

From your response I take it you are leaning towards that implementation? :)

Well, all options are still on the table. Right now I'm testing one of the alternatives (everything ported to DD) to see what issues that may cause me in the long run. The advantage of DD is that it's a well-established framework with a lot of other users. And no race-related conflicts. The advantage of the rubber race is that you gain more freedom regarding equipment and only one single body slot conflict (main torso).

I don't want to maintain both, so I'm probably not going to make it optional for the player to decide. But I haven't made up my mind yet.

EDIT: Oh, and I'd have to make one race for every possible rubber color. Or just force people to play black (because that's what real rubberists wear anyway! I said so!) ;)

So after playing it, and after I tried the "Rubber Race" idea I was thinking. Gas mask is good and all, but would it be possible to integrate maybe Latex Hoods from Veladarius's Devious Extras mod (I'm know that its not his mod just using it). Like make it a part of the Rubber Race, as if the player would be wearing a suit, that covers everything.

Way ahead of you there. I already tried that. But it didn't work out the way I hoped. I think it has something to do with Facegen. Skyrim handles the head completely differently from the other body parts. When I started with the "default" character and made no changes to the face, it kind of worked. But I didn't get the hair to disappear, it always clipped through the hood. Maybe I could fix that with another invisible armor piece. But the bigger problem was: As soon as I changed anything during character creation, the hoods would disappear altogether.

Did you try specifically whit the hoods of the Devious Extras, or did you make your own?

I'm only asking this because in the Devious Extras we have to turn off an armor slot in the DD MCM to make the hair disappear.

Maybe you should try to integrate Veladarius's mod, maybe it could work whit that. 

Did you try specifically whit the hoods of the Devious Extras, or did you make your own?

I'm only asking this because in the Devious Extras we have to turn off an armor slot in the DD MCM to make the hair disappear.

Maybe you should try to integrate Veladarius's mod, maybe it could work whit that.

It does not work that way. What you're referring to is a different issue. Besides, as I wrote before, the hair is the smaller problem.

Update: Spent the weekend with a different approach. What if we do away with the catsuit mesh altogether and simply use the normal body mesh with a latex texture? You wouldn't have creases or seams, which depending on your personal taste may or may not be to your liking (Rubbermatt seems to be into that, for example). But since the mesh would have the exact dimensions of the normal body (because it is the normal body), we wouldn't have any clipping problems. I thought it would at least be worth a try.

But it did not work the way I hoped. The body itself can be latex-textured, but if you apply the same changes to the head, hands and feet NIFs, then they look weird. Definitely not like Latex.

So that is not an option either (unless someone knows how to fix this).

I'm currently experimenting with a possible new framework for the rubber race idea which seems ever more appealing to me as time goes by. The question then will be if I yank out the old framework and transplant the new one or re-implement all the quests from scratch on top of the new framework. There are some things in the old mod that I did at the time because I was inexperienced and didn't know any better and now make me cringe a little every time I see them. ;)

Why not apply the latex texture to the nude body, and add a "collar" of sorts (just a necklace/choker item maybe) on the neck, and something similar on the hands and feet too? Then you can use gloves, shoes, and headgear as normal, and just fiddle with those meshes until it looks like it merges seamlessly with the body "suit."

The only downside I can see is that the player would be actually nude, which can introduce potential problems when mods like Dangerously Nude trigger. There might be a way to make a virtual torso item that prevents this, though - I dunno.

EDIT: It might still look a little odd, especially on the hands and feet, though. For example, your gloves would be bigger than the body "suit." I don't know if this would be bad, good, or irrelevant.

Another thing that may be good or bad is jiggle physics - body movements under latex suits look very different from movements in the nude. I know - I've seen porn once or twice in my life.  :lol:

Why not apply the latex texture to the nude body, and add a "collar" of sorts (just a necklace/choker item maybe) on the neck, and something similar on the hands and feet too? Then you can use gloves, shoes, and headgear as normal, and just fiddle with those meshes until it looks like it merges seamlessly with the body "suit."

Fiddling with the meshes is not as easy as it sounds. I'm really not good at this stuff.

If I use a latex-textured body with the catsuit hands and feet meshes, we will have visible transitions. Covering them with collars or bracelets may be possible but those would also cause clipping problems when the player tries to wear other collars. The whole idea was to avoid that.

The only downside I can see is that the player would be actually nude, which can introduce potential problems when mods like Dangerously Nude trigger. There might be a way to make a virtual torso item that prevents this, though - I dunno.

Yes, that problem is already solved (see the test plugin I posted earlier). You get a dummy armor item that uses the body slot. It serves several functions:

• Skyrim doesn't consider you "nude". No attacks by mods and no stupid comments by vanilla Skyrim NPCs.
  • It allows "interaction" with the suit. If there's no equipped item in your inventory, you can't try to remove it. Yes, in most situations, you'll fail anyway (hence the name of the mod ;)). But just the idea that you can try and struggle against the suit is somewhat interesting, no?
  • It prevents you from wearing any other armor on top of the suit. Which would not look good in many cases because that armor would likely show real skin instead of rubber.

EDIT: It might still look a little odd, especially on the hands and feet, though. For example, your gloves would be bigger than the body "suit." I don't know if this would be bad, good, or irrelevant.

Another thing that may be good or bad is jiggle physics - body movements under latex suits look very different from movements in the nude. I know - I've seen porn once or twice in my life.  :lol:

Exactly. And normally, a rubber suit hides certain details of the body. For example, you wouldn't see nipples protruding from the breast. They would be covered by rubber. The breast would be just one round shape. If you latex-skin the normal body mesh, you get all the details of the naked body. Just latex-colored. I imagine this is ultimately a matter of taste, some people may like it. I think it's unrealistic because that's not how a real rubber suit would look like.

Don't like the idea of the latex body - the rubber suit looks lovely, having perfect latex skin would just make the player look like a common latex blow up doll.

You could add latex dolls, just don't change the suit - its perfect.

A framework for this sounds nice, maybe ask the devs of the DDframework if you can work together and add full body suit functionality to DD and your mod at the same time?

They've got the experience, you have the drive to do it  - why not combine it :)

I'm with ZofaSoldier on this. I'd rather have the mesh catsuit than a nude body with a latex texture.

So what if there are minor issues with the mod? I played the whole mod several times with whatever minor inconsistencies might arise and I really didn't care that much, I still very much enjoyed the mod. Trying to get it absolutely perfect isn't as important as producing and publishing new content IMHO. When I had mods that interfered with TIR, I just turned them off, there problem solved. Jumping through hoops and trying a million different things to get it 'just so' is probably not worth the effort you are putting into it vs. say, producing new story line content. Trying to be compatible with everything all at once is probably not possible. I'd much rather see a new release sooner than wait for all these minor inconsistencies to be solved. My $0.02 worth.

Don't like the idea of the latex body - the rubber suit looks lovely

I'm with ZofaSoldier on this. I'd rather have the mesh catsuit than a nude body with a latex texture.

Well, you can both relax because it didn't work anyway. And generally, I tend to agree with you. But thought I should explore all possible options before making a decision. You never know.