Is even a stationary pose technically an animation?

Without having any deeper understanding on the issue, I'd say yes. The pose doesn't just exist. The character moves into the pose and moves back out. And even while holding a pose, the character is never completely frozen (that wouldn't look realistic) but always slightly moving (breathing, minutely shifting weight, twitching fingers, etc.)

Most animations in the CK that are intended to be shown indefinitely (like holding a certain stance) seem to split into three phases: One animation to get the character into the pose, then one animation for holding the pose and a last one to get back to normal. Then you can repeat the middle animation for any time you like.

I had a small idea.

You could add an option somewhere down the quest line to get properly initiated to the tower by getting to chose a rubber name (or number). Would make it more interesting as the player would willingly sacrifice their identity to serve the mistress absolutely.

Other sisters could sometimes greet the player by that chosen name. But not always, as simply calling the player a sister also works.

I had a small idea.

You could add an option somewhere down the quest line to get properly initiated to the tower by getting to chose a rubber name (or number). Would make it more interesting as the player would willingly sacrifice their identity to serve the mistress absolutely.

Other sisters could sometimes greet the player by that chosen name. But not always, as simply calling the player a sister also works.

It is an interesting idea, but there's one caveat: Yes, Skyrim has a text replacement mechanic. You can, for example, write a letter to your character that starts with: "Dear <Global=TIR_PlayerName>" and then the game will replace the text in the angle brackets with the content of the global variable called TIR_PlayerName. All you'd have to do is set it to whatever the player has entered and you'd be good to go.

Unfortunately, while this works for book texts, messages and stuff like that, it does not work for anything that another NPC says (so called Topic Infos).

The reason is probably that in vanilla Skyrim, all lines by NPCs are voiced and pre-recorded during development. But because the voice actor doesn't know what the content of the variable will be, he or she can't say it. So Bethesda apparently decided to prevent stuff like that in the first place. Other games (like NWN) allow it. Then, if you have a dubbed dialogue, you have to live with the fact that the spoken words don't match the text on the screen. And if you don't have dubbed dialogues (like with most mods), you don't have a problem.

That is also the reason why, even though you can set a name for your character when the game starts, no one except you yourself ever uses it in dialogues. The other NPCs always use generics like "lad", "lass", "Dragonborn" or your guild rank when they want to address you. You'll only find your character's actual name in letters, your own (unvoiced) lines, and the GUI. But no NPC will ever actually call you "Ardora Falarion", if that was the name you entered during character creation.

Think about how useful your "normal" player name is when you're playing. How often are you actually confronted with it? How many people on the street call you by that name? It doesn't really do much to enhance gameplay, does it? Why would a second name, used only in my mod, be any different?

The only way around that would be to do what Bethesda did with the arena names in Oblivion, for example. Prepare a bunch of names (or numbers) to choose from. So if we have, like, 10 names you can pick, I would have to write each line in which an NPC uses that name, 10 times. Once for every name. And if there are script fragments attached to those lines, I'd have to maintain 10 different pieces of code instead just one.

While that is certainly possible, I'm not sure the benefits for the player justify the amount of work it would mean for me. :unsure:

You're right, that would not be worth the complexity.

How about a quest that rewards the player wit a single number name instead?

The player would confess to owning property and feeling conflicted about it as they themselves are the property of the Mistress.

This would leave to the Mistress asking the player to bring her the deeds to all the properties they own.

After submitting everything the player owns (even all items except for the rubber) the Mistress would send the player on a quest (that they can complete "naked").

After completing all the trials and submitting unconditionally the Mistress would "reward" the player by erasing their identity and fully accepting them as her Rubber slave 87.

All items would then be returned as they player would be allowed to borrow them and also live in all the Mistresses new property.

The character should repent that she has developed a real attraction for other women in rubber and might even reveal a deep attraction to a particular rubber slave. That would be fun, if the character could get a rubber slave as a follower on some quests and then fall in love with her or something.

The character should repent that she has developed a real attraction for other women in rubber and might even reveal a deep attraction to a particular rubber slave. That would be fun, if the character could get a rubber slave as a follower on some quests and then fall in love with her or something.

The thing about followers is that I'm usually not interested in them. So I also know very little about how to make them, balance them and integrate them into the storyline in a meaningful way. It's like asking me to write an essay about modern art. It would read something like this: "Give a monkey some paint and a canvas, put a pretentious title on it and bam - there's your masterpiece." ;)

The "Rubber Mass" with the nuns is almost done (I can put in more confessions or better animations later). It was a bit of a conflict at first. Many of the themes (nuns, faith, Catholicism, sin etc.) don't really fit with the way that religion is portrayed in Skyrim. And the Mistress is not one that you would call devout or faithful. She would not accept anyone or anything telling her what to do. And she doesn't care about "sin" or stuff like that. In my mod, the strict-morality nutjobs are the Thalmor, and they're the bad guys.

But I really wanted the rubber nuns in there, so I'm pulling a Bobby. I made it a dream sequence. You'll go to bed in the basement, and if the conditions are right, you'll "dream" about the rubber mass. Then you wake up in the basement again and say to yourself: "Man, what a weird dream. This place is getting to me!"

That way, I can basically break lore and internal consistency without consequences. And I can make it repeatable. You'll just have a recurring dream.

But because I can't predict when exactly the player will have the dream (it'll depend on when and where you sleep and it what state, plus some randomness), I can't put in any references to events from the "real" TIR world that may or may not have happened (yet). So the sins should be as generic as possible, to prevent conflicts with real-world events and developments.

No need to add a followers. Would be interesting to have an npc that you could slowly corrupt and bring into the rubber fold. I know Jezebiel joined but she was already perverted when the played first meets her.

Maybe give the option to slowly start speaking to an NPC about the benefits of wearing rubber and see where it leads. The wine seller would be a good candidate.

The more the NPC would be against rubber at the start the more interesting it would be to finally break her.

And I am glad you managed to find your inspiration back, cant wait to see the rubber nun in action!

And I am glad you managed to find your inspiration back, cant wait to see the rubber nun in action!

It's nice to just have it flow, when you don't have to think about "What could happen next?" and instead, it all just comes to you. The rubber nuns were definitely that.

Have a screenshot:

post-353608-0-79246400-1468968729_thumb.jpg

It's nice to just have it flow, when you don't have to think about "What could happen next?" and instead, it all just comes to you. The rubber nuns were definitely that.

Have a screenshot:

attachicon.gifreadme_screen006_full.jpg

Lovely screenshot, thanks for sharing!

Will you share the next idea you're working on or will it be a surprise left for when the next version releases?

I'm sure many people here would voice their opinions but I am not sure how helpful that actually is at this stage.

Great Mod so far, except for some minor bugs... Until now I got all the workarounds from this forum. But now I'm really stuck. In the quest "Rubber Interrogation" I chose the denial option. After that the Mistress was in the Party Room I couldn't get to. This is where my last save is at (I overwrote all previous ones *facepalm*)

I "unlocked" the door, talk to her, waited the day and finished the quest, but I don't get a new one, no dialog option either. 

So I read in here that she like to get stuck there. So I reload and teleport her to the lobby ( with "stopquest tir_fp_controller" -> "stopquest tir_twr_fp_wait" -> prid #### -> moveto player), talked, waited and finished the quest and again nothing happend.

I also tried "startquest tir_twr_toy01", I supose that's the next one, but "sqv tir_twr_toy01" still shows "enabled? : No" and "reoaldscript tir_twr_toy_scrf" and "..._scr"

Sorry if this was already answered, but I kinda skimmed the almost 90 pages, trying not to spoil myself...

Great Mod so far, except for some minor bugs... Until now I got all the workarounds from this forum. But now I'm really stuck. In the quest "Rubber Interrogation" I chose the denial option. After that the Mistress was in the Party Room I couldn't get to. This is where my last save is at (I overwrote all previous ones *facepalm*)

I "unlocked" the door, talk to her, waited the day and finished the quest, but I don't get a new one, no dialog option either. 

So I read in here that she like to get stuck there. So I reload and teleport her to the lobby ( with "stopquest tir_fp_controller" -> "stopquest tir_twr_fp_wait" -> prid #### -> moveto player), talked, waited and finished the quest and again nothing happend.

I also tried "startquest tir_twr_toy01", I supose that's the next one, but "sqv tir_twr_toy01" still shows "enabled? : No" and "reoaldscript tir_twr_toy_scrf" and "..._scr"

Sorry if this was already answered, but I kinda skimmed the almost 90 pages, trying not to spoil myself...

Not sure what the underlying problem might be. Obviously it worked for me (and most other people in so far). You can try to advance the quest 'tir_twr_work01'. I can't check right now to tell you to what stage, but it progresses in steps of 10. So see what stage it is before you complete the interrogation quest and what stage after. If there's no change, increase it by 10. If it's already advanced, check if 'sqv tir_twr_toy01' reports the quest as running and the aliases are filled.

Not sure what the underlying problem might be. Obviously it worked for me (and most other people in so far). You can try to advance the quest 'tir_twr_work01'. I can't check right now to tell you to what stage, but it progresses in steps of 10. So see what stage it is before you complete the interrogation quest and what stage after. If there's no change, increase it by 10. If it's already advanced, check if 'sqv tir_twr_toy01' reports the quest as running and the aliases are filled.

work01 increases as I complete "Interrogation", I do get the "Quest Complete" message. But the new one doesn't start (enabled: no / State: Stopped). Even if I enter "startquest tir_twr_toy01" the quest state stays the same.

Where should the Mistress be when I complete it, in the Party Room?

---------------EDIT: I solved it--------------

I re-installed ALL my mods. Then load this save, teleported her up and talk, wait, finished the quest AND the new quest started immediately.

I don't now what caused this bug, but I'm also playing "vanilla" Skyrim, so maybe while switching back and forth something didn't overwrite correctly...

I re-installed ALL my mods. Then load this save, teleported her up and talk, wait, finished the quest AND the new quest started immediately.

I don't now what caused this bug, but I'm also playing "vanilla" Skyrim, so maybe while switching back and forth something didn't overwrite correctly...

Thanks for letting us know! Have fun!

Love the concept of this mod and will try it out right away!

About: "What about my hands and feet? Why is there no forced rubber for them, too?"

I -think- you can solve this issue by making the gloves and boots a DD item as well. DD items usually don't overwrite each other and most DD modders take care not write scripts that unequip other people's custom DD items. Actually I would think you can use the DD framework for all items. It would make sense since your catsuit is basically a "restraint".

(I Don't really know anything about Creating mods so bear with me, im only taking this from what i see in the Mcm menus i honestly dont know if what im saying actually works) Couldn't you just assign the gloves to a different equip slot (since you know there's like over 40) and make it to where they appear on the hands? tho it would probably be hard to make them appear in first person

(I Don't really know anything about Creating mods so bear with me, im only taking this from what i see in the Mcm menus i honestly dont know if what im saying actually works) Couldn't you just assign the gloves to a different equip slot (since you know there's like over 40) and make it to where they appear on the hands? tho it would probably be hard to make them appear in first person

Between DDi, SOS and TIR, there aren't that many slots left. I think the armbinder has already been moved to a different slot, so in theory, I could now enforce the gloves.

But I also have "porting the whole rubber framework to DDi" on my todo list. I'm reluctant to invest too much work into the old framework because it's going to be overhauled anyway at some point. It probably won't happen with the next release, but maybe the one after that. I'm kind of waiting for generic scripting templates for suits and masks to make it in the official DDi framework. So I don't have to reinvent the wheel and can just extend them to meet my requirements.

Between DDi, SOS and TIR, there aren't that many slots left. I think the armbinder has already been moved to a different slot, so in theory, I could now enforce the gloves.

But I also have "porting the whole rubber framework to DDi" on my todo list. I'm reluctant to invest too much work into the old framework because it's going to be overhauled anyway at some point. It probably won't happen with the next release, but maybe the one after that. I'm kind of waiting for generic scripting templates for suits and masks to make it in the official DDi framework. So I don't have to reinvent the wheel and can just extend them to meet my requirements.

then can't you make your own slots? (like if it ends at 54 your mod could add it to 56 for certain items from your mod only)

nice cant wait for the next update

how is the next update going?

I'm still trying to figure out how to continue certain story paths in the expansions. Today, I spent all my free time on upgrading to Win10, so I didn't get any work on the mod done.

then can't you make your own slots? (like if it ends at 54 your mod could add it to 56 for certain items from your mod only)

I don't think that's possible. The number of slots seems to be hardcoded in the engine.

Generic scripting templates for suits and masks - is something like this actually being worked on/implemented by the DDi team? When do you think it will be ready?

And congratulations on switching to Win10 in only a day, hope you wont run into any issues later. Don't forget the new system has automatic updates that can't be turned off so it may happen that you leave your workspace and come back to a rebooted device. Which is horrible if you forget to save your work.

Generic scripting templates for suits and masks - is something like this actually being worked on/implemented by the DDi team? When do you think it will be ready?

I don't know for sure. Last I checked, there was a new keyword "DeviousSuit" added to the framework. So I kind of assumed that's what they were working on.

I mean, it makes sense, right? Sure, there are no assets for it in DDa. But a lot of mods could make use of items like that.

Either we all reinvent the wheel, each for ourselves, with various degrees of success. And then my suit implementation conflicts with the suit implementation of someone else, because they don't recognise each other.

Or the DDi team provides one set of templates for everyone. A reference implementation that is known to work reliably across the board, without conflicts and is officially maintained.

Plus, implementing a completely new category of DD items (like suits or masks) seems to be not so easy. Most mods avoid it and just abuse other item categories. So the devious armor isn't actually armor but a belt. Because there's existing code for belts. And the mask is implemented as gag. Because there's existing code for gags.

The problem with that is obvious: You can't wear a devious suit together with a belt, because for the framework, they're both belts. You can't wear a gag under a mask because it would count as two gags. And the mask will prevent you from speaking because the framework thinks it's a gag.

And congratulations on switching to Win10 in only a day, hope you wont run into any issues later. Don't forget the new system has automatic updates that can't be turned off so it may happen that you leave your workspace and come back to a rebooted device. Which is horrible if you forget to save your work.

It wasn't that difficult. I upgraded to get the license, then made a clean reinstall to avoid problems. I keep my user profile and games on a different partition, so I didn't loose any data and basically just had to go through all the games to see if they still worked or needed the registry fixed, additional libraries installed or stuff like that. A few things needed a full reinstall but not many.

Automatic reboot after updates can be disabled in the settings, btw.

Have a screenshot:

attachicon.gifreadme_screen006_full.jpg

Big thumbs up to this, can't wait to see this happen. Carry on with the good work, loved your mod so far. Personally for me, would love to see these (the nuns) as a faction one day as another mod.

P.S If getting a set isn't part of the core storyline for the update, hoping I can console them in, really like the look of them. 

Keep up the good work, best of luck.

I've noticed a bug that's completely stopping me from progressing through the story, the fact that during the pony race once I cross the finish line it doesn't register the fact that I had crossed and continues waiting for the other racers to finish without marking down that I had finished, what am I doing wrong?

I've noticed a bug that's completely stopping me from progressing through the story, the fact that during the pony race once I cross the finish line it doesn't register the fact that I had crossed and continues waiting for the other racers to finish without marking down that I had finished, what am I doing wrong?

First or second race? Please post the output of 'sqv tir_pr_race01' in the console.