I use MO for my downloads, but when i download this mod it says that there is no game data on the file and i cant get anything from the mod to appear ingame.

I am pretty sure i have done something wrong but i cant figure out what i am missing, please help  :-/

I'm not using MO myself, but what I remember from the brief look I gave it some time ago, you may have to set the data directory explicitly. There's no real standard how mods should be packaged. Some contain the esp directly, some have a data directory and then the esp inside that, and some have an even more elaborate setup. While NMM tries its best to auto-detect the archive layout (and usually successfully), MO only recognises one specific setup. In all other cases, you have to set the data directory manually.

Right-click on the "data" inside the archive, then select "set data directory". Like this:

post-353608-0-50383800-1473328411_thumb.png

If you don't get this dialogue, download the archive manually and then add it to MO. That should bring up this window.

If that's not it, someone who actually knows MO has to jump in.

I use MO for my downloads, but when i download this mod it says that there is no game data on the file and i cant get anything from the mod to appear ingame.

I am pretty sure i have done something wrong but i cant figure out what i am missing, please help  :-/

I'm not using MO myself, but what I remember from the brief look I gave it some time ago, you may have to set the data directory explicitly. There's no real standard how mods should be packaged. Some contain the esp directly, some have a data directory and then the esp inside that, and some have an even more elaborate setup. While NMM tries its best to auto-detect the archive layout (and usually successfully), MO only recognises one specific setup. In all other cases, you have to set the data directory manually.

Right-click on the "data" inside the archive, then select "set data directory". Like this:

attachicon.gifmo-tir-data-dir.png

If you don't get this dialogue, download the archive manually and then add it to MO. That should bring up this window.

You're right Grey. when installing the mod and it prompts with "No game data" in the install dialogue, then you set it manually...

attachicon.gifmo-tir-data-dir.png

You're right Grey. when installing the mod and it prompts with "No game data" in the install dialogue, then you set it manually...

That did it, thank you so much, this is probably going to get a few other mods to work aswell.

Thanks again!  :heart:

Do you know how many of the players decide to swap the black suit for another color?

Perhaps you could make a race for the black one only and give the option to wear a second layer over the black suit later on.

Would also make a neat reward, being able to swap colors and being able to voluntarily become even more trapped in a second layer of rubber.

The Mistress could give the player a wardrobe that can hide the rubber (=items with no clipping issues), maybe as part of a mission where the player would be forced to go "undercover" with her rubber being covered until revealing it at the right moment.

You're working on a technical solution, which is great. Just don't over think it, maybe the use case is smaller than you think.

Ok, a little update.

While working on the new framework, I decided to learn about soft dependencies, i.e. having my mod use stuff from other mods without having to add them as a dependency. Meaning: If the other mod is there, it will be used. And if not, then everything else still works. No complaints or crashes because of missing ESMs or ESPs.

I used Schlongs of Skyrim (SOS) as the subject of my investigation and have now successfully (I think) implemented futa support.

post-353608-0-22551400-1473870183_thumb.jpg post-353608-0-70746200-1473870890_thumb.jpg

Now, in case you're not into girls with dicks, keep calm! :)

This is specifically why I wanted this to be a soft dependency. It will be completely optional and if you don't use it, you'll never see it. But if you do use it, then your character can have a visible rubberized penis. NPCs in the mod might recognise it and comment on it as well. We'll have to see (I'm not there yet).

It actually turned out to be a little bit more complicated than I expected (as it often does). Because there are different penis types available (SOS calls them 'addons'). Penises with and without balls, horse penises, etc.

In order to use them in TIR, there has to be a rubberized version of the original registered with SOS like any normal SOS addon. Plus a small addition that will tell TIR about the relationship between the addons (i.e. "this dick is the rubberized version of that other dick").

As examples, I have created a rubberized version of B3liarius' UNP penis (no balls) and Evil's Horse Penis. Others might follow, but basically things are set up in a way that every one can created their own.

Then, when you equip the rubber suit, TIR will look what kind of penis your character has and replace it with a rubber version of that dick. When you remove the rubber suit, your old penis will be restored.

And if you don't have SOS installed or your character simply has no penis, then nothing will happen.

Ok, a little update.

While working on the new framework, I decided to learn about soft dependencies, i.e. having my mod use stuff from other mods without having to add them as a dependency. Meaning: If the other mod is there, it will be used. And if not, then everything else still works. No complaints or crashes because of missing ESMs or ESPs.

I used Schlongs of Skyrim (SOS) as the subject of my investigation and have now successfully (I think) implemented futa support.

attachicon.gifreadme_screen007_full.jpg attachicon.gifreadme_screen008_full.jpg

Now, in case you're not into girls with dicks, keep calm! :)

This is specifically why I wanted this to be a soft dependency. It will be completely optional and if you don't use it, you'll never see it. But if you do use it, then your character can have a visible rubberized penis. NPCs in the mod might recognise it and comment on it as well. We'll have to see (I'm not there yet).

It actually turned out to be a little bit more complicated than I expected (as it often does). Because there are different penis types available (SOS calls them 'addons'). Penises with and without balls, horse penises, etc.

In order to use them in TIR, there has to be a rubberized version of the original registered with SOS like any normal SOS addon. Plus a small addition that will tell TIR about the relationship between the addons (i.e. "this dick is the rubberized version of that other dick").

As examples, I have created a rubberized version of B3liarius' UNP penis (no balls) and Evil's Horse Penis. Others might follow, but basically things are set up in a way that every one can created their own.

Then, when you equip the rubber suit, TIR will look what kind of penis your character has and replace it with a rubber version of that dick. When you remove the rubber suit, your old penis will be restored.

And if you don't have SOS installed or your character simply has no penis, then nothing will happen.

Clever! And congrats on sussing out soft dependencies ^.^. I'm sure that opens up a whole wealth of options for you.

Im eagerly awaiting the next installment. Speaking of, a question... Is it still worth me holding onto the save I have at the Boon quest, or, has enough changed throughout the existing part of the mod to warrant a replay?... you know, when its released.

Is it still worth me holding onto the save I have at the Boon quest, or, has enough changed throughout the existing part of the mod to warrant a replay?... you know, when its released.

Given the significant changes I had to make (new framework etc.), it'll probably be better to start a new game. The basic storyline won't change, but I'll try to add a little something here and there so that people who already know the previous version will be entertained - hopefully.

What I find interesting in those two pictures is the latex hood. Did you manage to get it working properly?

And if so, will you be able to wear it together with the gas mask?

That is part of the the framework with which I'm experimenting right now. But it works like in the old mod. It's just an armor item that get auto-equipped and can't be removed. Same as with the gasmask. So you can't wear them together. It was the only way to get it to work.

The current (and not guaranteed to be final) design is that every suit can define a set of possible head gear to go along with it. For example, a gasmask, an open hood and a closed hood. And then the framework supports switching between these.

However, that does not necessarily mean that you will be able to freely choose. I'm not yet sure if I'll allow it or if you'll start with the gasmask and then can to unlock other gear at some later point. This is a decision I can't make right now because the headgear ties into the story.

However, that does not necessarily mean that you will be able to freely choose. I'm not yet sure if I'll allow it or if you'll start with the gasmask and then can to unlock other gear at some later point. This is a decision I can't make right now because the headgear ties into the story.

Just give us an infiltration mission where we would have to get something but also need to blend with the crowd. The Mistress would give the player some clothing that would cover most of the rubber but the gasmask would be hard to hide, so she would give the player an open rubber hood.

If the player is too addicted to rubber already the player could beg the mistress to not let her face be naked as she can hardy imagine it now, at which the Mistress would (could) agree and give the player a closed hood instead (with transparent eye lenses built into the hood).

And a part of the disguise could be a normal hoodie or some other helmet that would cover most of the rubber covered head.

As a side note, have you thought about merging the hood and gasmask models so that there would be a second gasmask item that would look as if you are also wearing the hood?

Maybe some of the talented 3d graphic designers in this topic could accomplish this?

As a side note, have you thought about merging the hood and gasmask models so that there would be a second gasmask item that would look as if you are also wearing the hood?

Yes, but my meager skills aren't enough to get it to work. The hood is larger than the gasmask, but what we would want is for the mask to appear over the hood. So you'd have to do some mesh editing to get it right.

I think in theory all you'd have to do is a boolean operation on those two meshes (remove every part of the hood that is outside the gasmask and keep every part that is inside). But whenever I try that, it doesn't look like I expected. Probably because I'm not doing it right due to lack of experience in working with 3D software.

At the end of the day, however, I'm not sure it's that important. All it really gets you is a gasmask where you can see a little more skin covered through the eye goggles. Nice to have, but how useful is it really? How often do you zoom in on your own character close enough to actually peek through the goggles of the gasmask?

Yes, but my meager skills aren't enough to get it to work. The hood is larger than the gasmask, but what we would want is for the mask to appear over the hood. So you'd have to do some mesh editing to get it right.

I think in theory all you'd have to do is a boolean operation on those two meshes (remove every part of the hood that is outside the gasmask and keep every part that is inside). But whenever I try that, it doesn't look like I expected. Probably because I'm not doing it right due to lack of experience in working with 3D software.

At the end of the day, however, I'm not sure it's that important. All it really gets you is a gasmask where you can see a little more skin covered through the eye goggles. Nice to have, but how useful is it really? How often do you zoom in on your own character close enough to actually peek through the goggles of the gasmask?

A few beauty snaps i suppose... but, on a day to day basis? Honestly I doubt its worth the effort Grey.... I think its fine with the seperate options.

Is it still worth me holding onto the save I have at the Boon quest, or, has enough changed throughout the existing part of the mod to warrant a replay?... you know, when its released.

Given the significant changes I had to make (new framework etc.), it'll probably be better to start a new game. The basic storyline won't change, but I'll try to add a little something here and there so that people who already know the previous version will be entertained - hopefully.

:) I'm feeling like a little child the night before christmas. :)

I've given the rubber race test a second try.

I can't feed while the race is active but I get weakened by sunlight. But feeding did not make sense before anyway as I was wearing a gasmask and it should have not been physically possible.

Maybe implementing "Better vampires" customer race compatibility will fix the issue, isn't that part of the reason why you're testing soft dependencies? If someone wants to play a vampire they would need to install the Better vampires mod. The mod is a good addition and most vampire players probably already use it.

A neat unintended feature is that npc's tell me I should cover myself up (as the game considers me naked) which adds a bit of flavor to running around in the rubber suit.

Another neat unintended feature is that when using [solicitation] when talking to npc's you do all the acts in your rubber suit. I tried it without a suit and a script takes of your clothes before starting the animation, but since the suit is considered the skin you have fun while in your rubber suit!

And I must say, booting up the mod after such a long time brings back some nice memories, hope we all get to experience some new ones soon :)

I've given the rubber race test a second try.

I can't feed while the race is active but I get weakened by sunlight. But feeding did not make sense before anyway as I was wearing a gasmask and it should have not been physically possible.

Maybe implementing "Better vampires" customer race compatibility will fix the issue, isn't that part of the reason why you're testing soft dependencies? If someone wants to play a vampire they would need to install the Better vampires mod. The mod is a good addition and most vampire players probably already use it.

A neat unintended feature is that npc's tell me I should cover myself up (as the game considers me naked) which adds a bit of flavor to running around in the rubber suit.

Another neat unintended feature is that when using [solicitation] when talking to npc's you do all the acts in your rubber suit. I tried it without a suit and a script takes of your clothes before starting the animation, but since the suit is considered the skin you have fun while in your rubber suit!

And I must say, booting up the mod after such a long time brings back some nice memories, hope we all get to experience some new ones soon :)

As far as I was aware, the Racecompatibility mod is seperate from Better Vampires, and is just to make sure that custom races play well with the changes to vampirism that Dawnguard made.... Also if using Vampiric Thirst as your vampire overhaul, that had an option to block feeding while wearing anything registering as a gag.... been a long time since I used either overhaul though

I haven't had time to look deeper into the vampire issues. I'm currently entertaining the idea of providing a custom vampire script to replace the vanilla one. Ideally with a fomod installer. But if not and you have Better Vampires or something similar, you'd just have to say "no" when NMM asks you to overwrite.

Did you manage to resolve the hair issues with the rubber hood?

I've tried unticking "FaceGen Head" in the "Race -> General Data" tab and your script did not import any facegen data. If the head would then be defined by a single universal model the hair should not appear at all as it would not be imported.

You could add tinted lenses to the model where we could see the eyes just barely. This model could be universal as the eyes would be hard to see.

I also found a mod that adds a bold haircut, I was thinking it could be possible to define a default haircut and somehow prevent facegen to import the hair data if you want to import the actual players eyes.

Did you manage to resolve the hair issues with the rubber hood?

No, there was always something that didn't work. Changing the model (like lenses or similar stuff) is beyond me. There's also the mouth area, which would have to be covered as well. I could use the closed mouth version of the hood and then the next problem is the logic dilemma of how to eat and drink. Which could probably be explained away (I already had a somewhat iffy explanation for the gasmasks) but could still impact player experience.

If you can get it to work, let me know.

For now, I put it on hold. Maybe I'll give it another look in the future. Sometimes, the best way to solve a problem is to drop it for a while and then come back with fresh eyes.

I think I've found a way to get it to work, with one caveat.

The problem is that you cannot simply disable the facegen data. Then your race will have no head whatsoever. If you equip the hood or the gasmask, you can look into an empty skull. Kind of like those suits of armor in old ghost movies. The hero thinks its a guy in armor, opens the visor and there's nothing there. A bit too spooky for my taste.

You could remove all transparency and make the glasses in the gasmask opaque. But I really like the transparency.

So what I had to do was define a set of head parts (head, eyes, hair) for my race and then set it to override these head parts. Then these can be kept under the hood. As hair I chose the redguard type 3, which is basically a bald head. No clipping issues.

The only drawback is that I also have to override the eyes. Meaning you won't see the eye shape and color that you selected during character creation. You'll see the eye that I decided upon. It seems like you can't just override the hair, for example, and keep the rest.

Right now, I feel like that's not too big an issue. I could perhaps hide it by adding a tint to the glasses of the gasmask, like dark sunglasses or something. So you can still see the eyes, but it's difficult to tell which color they have.

On the plus side, this also means that you could play as Elf or Orc without ears clipping through the gasmask. Because the second you equip the suit, you'll get a Nord's head. And that doesn't have pointy ears. Of course, the difference between the eyes would be more noticable.

Oh, and I think I got the eye lenses to work. I know I said I couldn't do it. But even a blind hen sometimes finds a grain of corn, it seems.

post-353608-0-07845200-1474188771_thumb.jpg

Currently with 25% transparency and a yellowish tint (like transparent latex).

What do you guys think? Make it this way? Or keep the original head and go with "normal" helmet-style hoods and masks? How important are your character's eyes to you?

If you can get it to work, let me know.

I managed to make it work by creating a new "RubberHair" and "RubberHairline" in "Character -> Headpart".

I duplicated the nord objects, swapped the nif for the rubber hood nif and removed the link to the tri file (don't know what its for).

In the race options, I selected "Overlay head part list" and removed every base head part expect for the hair, and changed that to point to the RubberHair object.

I tried it on a new character and it worked. Tried changing the character with showracemenu and the changes I made to the character remained when I activated your bowl in lrctest.

No hair clipping.

The problem is the hood's eye sockets are too large, and it breaks the "skintight latex" feeling when looking at it.

EDIT: Beat me to it it seems :)

Why did you override the eyes?

And the hood looks great!

Try replacing the hair nif with the hood nif and select it to override the hair. Leave every other slot (eyes, mounth, etc.. empty).

You should be able to see your original eyes.

I followed this tutorial: http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/Creating_a_custom_race_for_Skyrim#Add_the_required_form_lists

I managed to make it work by creating a new "RubberHair" and "RubberHairline" in "Character -> Headpart".

I duplicated the nord objects, swapped the nif for the rubber hood nif and removed the link to the tri file (don't know what its for).

In the race options, I selected "Overlay head part list" and removed every base head part expect for the hair, and changed that to point to the RubberHair object.

Huh. If I do that, the hood does not appear and the hair is all messed up. :-/

Can you send me your file? I'd like to take a look at it, maybe see where I missed something.

Why did you override the eyes?

Well, my approach was a little different from yours. I made the hood a normal armor addon, to be used with the armor that represents the body for the rubber race.

When you do that, you get hair clipping through the hood. My first attempt was to simply overlay bald hair for the race. But that didn't seem to work. Like the engine ignored the setting. It still showed the original hair.

Only when I went from "overlay" to "override", the hair was actually gone. But then you have the problem that all head parts will be overridden. You can't override on a per-part basis. It's either all or none. So you have to define a head, eyes, everything.

What do you guys think? Make it this way? Or keep the original head and go with "normal" helmet-style hoods and masks? How important are your character's eyes to you?

Wow! That looks awesome! Personally, I wouldn't mind if my char's eyes looked a bit different -- in my opinion a very small price to pay for this awesome hood and its implementation as part of the suit.

Just read the last couple of pages in this thread. that's some very exciting stuff that is going on here!