Since you seem to know your stuff, any recommendations for a fairly decent and fairly cheap graphics card?

Can you give a rough estimate as to much you can afford right now? Ballpark numbers are fine.

Any other games that also have to work? What connectors does your monitor support (DisplayPort, DVI, HDMI, VGA)?

EDIT: Also, there should be a sticker on your PSU (probably somewhere on the inside of your PC). It should say something about different voltages and amperages. If you could get me a snapshot of that, it would help.

Can you give a rough estimate as to much you can afford right now? Ballpark numbers are fine.

Any other games that also have to work? What connectors does your monitor support (DisplayPort, DVI, HDMI, VGA)?

EDIT: Also, there should be a sticker on your PSU (probably somewhere on the inside). If you could get me a snapshot of that, it would help.

At the moment... huhm probably like around £70? Should I get my student loan that number might go up a bit, but I don't know yet if I'll get it or how much of it I can spare haha.

At the moment I am using HDMI, but I believe it also has VGA (it is a relatively old, small Philips TV (Philips LCD TV 19PFL3404H to be precise).

I don't have a lot of room in here I would prefere not having to open my computer, what info is displayed on the sticker that you need? Maybe the Belarc Advisor can produce the info you need.

And for the game itself: I turned down the graphics to lowest, and had in DDi no NPC slotted to begin with. Still the same, goes to like 5 FPS or so after a few moments when I enter the room.

EDIT: Could it be some other mod interfering? Because I don't really see how the graphics card can't handle it even on minimum options. Would it make sense for it to be another mod? 

At the moment... huhm probably like around £70? Should I get my student loan that number might go up a bit, but I don't know yet if I'll get it or how much of it I can spare haha.

At the moment I am using HDMI, but I believe it also has VGA (it is a relatively old, small Philips TV (Philips LCD TV 19PFL3404H to be precise).

I don't have a lot of room in here I would prefere not having to open my computer, what info is displayed on the sticker that you need? Maybe the Belarc Advisor can produce the info you need.

And for the game itself: I turned down the graphics to lowest, and had in DDi no NPC slotted to begin with. Still the same, goes to like 5 FPS or so after a few moments when I enter the room.

Based on the currency, I assume you're somewhere in the UK? I'm not that familiar with the prices over there, but maybe something like the NVidia GTX 750 Ti or the AMD Radeon R7 360, depending on whether you prefer NVidia or AMD. I have a slight inclination towards NVidia, but as long as you're just using Windows and DirectX, AMD is also a valid choice. Both cards should be enough to handle Skyrim with your resolution on max. details and probably even some filters like AA and AF, if the benchmarks I saw are to be trusted.

Now that I know your price range, I suppose I don't need the PSU info anymore. I wanted to make sure that the PSU can provide enough power for the card. But given the options on the table, I think almost any somewhat recent PSU should be able to handle it. Provided it's not the cheapest piece of crap the manufacturer could find at the time.

Too bad that the setting doesn't help. Obviously, I can't promise that it's the graphics card. But it's highly likely and I don't see anything else that might cause problems on your system. It's actually a pretty good machine, even by today's standards. Except for the GPU.

Based on the currency, I assume you're somewhere in the UK? I'm not that familiar with the prices over there, but maybe something like the NVidia GTX 750 Ti or the AMD Radeon R7 360, depending on whether you prefer NVidia or AMD. I have a slight inclination towards NVidia, but as long as you're just using Windows and DirectX, AMD is also a valid choice. Both cards should be enough to handle Skyrim with your resolution on max. details and probably even some filters like AA and AF, if the benchmarks I saw are to be trusted.

Now that I know your price range, I suppose I don't need the PSU info anymore. I wanted to make sure that the PSU can provide enough power for the card. But given the options on the table, I think almost any somewhat recent PSU should be able to handle it. Provided it's not the cheapest piece of crap the manufacturer could find at the time.

Too bad that the setting doesn't help. Obviously, I can't promise that it's the graphics card. But it's highly likely and I don't see anything else that might cause problems on your system. It's actually a pretty good machine, even by today's standards. Except for the GPU.

Yep UK, and I prefere NVidia myself as well and the price is not too bad, around £90. 

Considering that this machine cost 1200 quid at the time I am sure it isn't that bad haha! I mean I knew that my graphics card isn't the best. I mean I can play Fallout 4 on low settings only, but I will definitely look into getting a new one as soon as possible. Until then i'll just have to use console commands to skip the quest sadly. 

Anyway, thank you so much, you are really supportive and knowledgeable. I will look into upgrading this piece of crap as soon as possible. I am sorry I can't enjoy this mod you worked so hard on in it's full glory for now.

EDIT: If you know the command on how to skip the quest that would be super helpful, but if you don't that's okay I'll find a way.

Well I've got a 1st generation i7 970, 12 gigs of RAM & a GT 630 and I just played through the entire TiR quest on a fairly heavily modded Skyrim without too much trouble.

The only problems I did have were quest stages not starting properly, certainly never saw framerate drops like that.

Which mod manager are you using (personally prefer Mod Organizer) and could you post your load order?

For the load order I will add a .txt

As a side note (I don't think it's related to your problem): From what I have experienced, Maria Eden seems to cause a lot of problems. Not just with TIR. Especially seemingly random crashes to desktop and stuff like that. My advice would be: Install it only when you're actively playing it, then remove it again once you're done and start a new game.

As a side note (I don't think it's related to your problem): From what I have experienced, Maria Eden seems to cause a lot of problems. Not just with TIR. Especially seemingly random crashes to desktop and stuff like that. My advice would be: Install it only when you're actively playing it, then remove it again once you're done and start a new game.

Okay thanks did not know that. I am not actively using it right now so I'll do just that and uninstall it for now.

Okay thanks did not know that. I am not actively using it right now so I'll do just that and uninstall it for now.

Wellp, did not help with this specific problem. And I also can't seem to be able to skip the quest due to the nature of having to accumulate points hahaha, man i am screwed on this character until I find a solution to this FPS drop problem haha!

Okay, probably not related to your slow down problem but I see UFO in there, that mod hasn't been updated for years, is known to have a few fairly severe problems and is considered obsolete. Might want to consider replacing it, EFF is the one I've seen most recommended for that, which is why I switched to using it when I got rid of UFO :D

Also see Dual Sheath Redux in there, it uses a cloak spell which causes a lot of script instances to run when around a group of NPCs. There's at least a dozen NPCs in the party room and you're constantly moving around among them, DSR will be spamming the crap out of your Papyrus while you're in there.

Looks cool but not worth it for the amount of resources it devours.

Further Dark Dungeons for ENB? - um don't run an ENB on a GT 630. Just .... don't. I tried several and my FPS cratered every time.

By all means run ENBoost to reduce memory load on the game engine, just not a full ENB, the card simply isn't powerful enough to handle it.

That's all I can come up with off the top of my head, I'd highly recommend getting rid of DSR first, I used to get major slowdown in cities, removed that and performance went back to normal.

Okay, probably not related to your slow down problem but I see UFO in there, that mod hasn't been updated for years, is known to have a few fairly severe problems and is considered obsolete. Might want to consider replacing it, EFF is the one I've seen most recommended for that, which is why I switched to using it when I got rid of UFO :D

Also see Dual Sheath Redux in there, it uses a cloak spell which causes a lot of script instances to run when around a group of NPCs. There's at least a dozen NPCs in the party room and you're constantly moving around among them, DSR will be spamming the crap out of your Papyrus while you're in there.

Further Dark Dungeons for ENB? - um don't run an ENB on a GT 630. Just .... don't. I tried several and my FPS cratered every time.

By all means run ENBoost to reduce memory load on the game engine, just not a full ENB, the card simply isn't powerful enough to handle it.

That's all I can come up with off the top of my head, I'd highly recommend getting rid of DSR first, I used to get major slowdown in cities, removed that and performance went back to normal.

Gods does it feel good to have a shitty graphics card haha. Will try to turn off DSR (also gonna need to reinstall my skeleton because I added one of it's DSR functions).

Thanks for the tip with UFO, did not know it is that out of date (added it ages ago and never use it enough to care about it).

And yeah I know, I realised that the ENB was killer so I turned it off, must have missed that Darkest Dungeon is still there.

I am considering right now just deleting everything, making Skyrim vanilla again and start everything anew, considering how much crap I got on my NMM that I never use anyway.

Gods does it feel good to have a shitty graphics card haha. Will try to turn off DSR (also gonna need to reinstall my skeleton because I added one of it's DSR functions).

Thanks for the tip with UFO, did not know it is that out of date (added it ages ago and never use it enough to care about it).

And yeah I know, I realised that the ENB was killer so I turned it off, must have missed that Darkest Dungeon is still there.

I am considering right now just deleting everything, making Skyrim vanilla again and start everything anew, considering how much crap I got on my NMM that I never use anyway.

Doing all that seems to have worked. I hope I don't encounter any weird physics or anything broken, but I don't think I should. And should it happen I always got helpful people like you guys for tips and tricks.

In the words of the great DJ Khaled: "You smart [...] I appreciate that." 

Glad to be of service.

As regards crud that gets left behind after uninstalling mods mid playthrough I recommend Script Scalpel

There will be a bunch of orphaned scripts in your save files now, this rather useful utility gets rid of them.

Make a backup of your last save then run it through that, no guarantees but on my last test character where I was installing and uninstalling lots of mods that little utility kept my saves going until level 85 before it completely borked beyond any hope.

Now get out there and enjoy being inescapably rubberised :D

It's me, back at it again with the problems! 

This time not technical but quest problems. I am doing the abduction quest and when I am back in the tower there is only the chest and no mistress anywhere, I looked throughout the whole tower, and the quest log only states "fade to black and then teleport to tower", which is not necessarily helpful haha! 

EDIT: I begin to feel like a problem child, and I am sorry hahaha! *puppy eyes* 

This time not technical but quest problems. I am doing the abduction quest and when I am back in the tower there is only the chest and no mistress anywhere, I looked throughout the whole tower, and the quest log only states "fade to black and then teleport to tower", which is not necessarily helpful haha! 

Could be interference from a mod conflict. Check the troubleshooting section in the first post for instructions on how to fix it.

I need help

I got all the way to the parade questline and now when 'mistress' teleports you to the parade it always crashes just after the loading screen is has finished and I have even had a look at the papyrus logs and they don't mention anything that could cause a crash.

All I want to know is how to skip the parade quest

It should be 'setstage tir_twr_parade01 100'. Do it before teleport to Solitude.

BTW: Just because you didn't see anything in the log doesn't mean no one here can't. You may want to post your log and mod list. There's a chance you'll run into problems later on.

Thanks man your a good modder

Ayo ayo it's Mr. Trouble here back with more stuff not working. I checked that there are no conflicts with other mods or anything along those lines, but in Rubber Toy after Zenosha finished her speech literally nothing happens. She just stands there looking at me (and I waited for like 5 minutes if maybe any animations or stuff takes it's time to load). What did I breaks this time lol?

Ayo ayo it's Mr. Trouble here back with more stuff not working. I checked that there are no conflicts with other mods or anything along those lines, but in Rubber Toy after Zenosha finished her speech literally nothing happens. She just stands there looking at me (and I waited for like 5 minutes if maybe any animations or stuff takes it's time to load). What did I breaks this time lol?

Please post the output of 'sqv tir_twr_toy01'.

I made screenshots of the whole output string.

Ok, if the scene where Velnar introduces you to Zenosha is over (the last thing she says is something about how she'll make you scream), then you can simply advance to the next stage: 'setstage tir_twr_toy01 70'.

She should then start with her "treatment".

I made screenshots of the whole output string.

Ok, if the scene where Velnar introduces you to Zenosha is over (the last thing she says is something about how she'll make you scream), then you can simply advance to the next stage: 'setstage tir_twr_toy01 70'.

She should then start with her "treatment".

That did the trick, thanks!