To clarify: That was really only a test for the rubber race (which will probably not be used anyway). There was no story and even possible conflict with the existing TIR mod.

Spend this day getting my new Skyrim installation in order (vampire lord transformation works again) and found out that the changed skin leads to invisibility of the vampire lord. You only see the loincloth and stuff. I can probably fix it by tracking the race change and undoing the skin change whenever the player is transformed. Another problem seems to be the engine's caching mechanism: If you save your game, equip a rubber suit (thus changing the skin), and then load the previous savegame, you'll still be wearing the rubber suit. Probably because Skyrim caches the skin across savegames. It was never intended to be used this way. Don't yet know how to fix that.

At some point, however, I have to ask myself the question how many more hurdles I'm willing to take. There will come a point where it simply makes no sense anymore to keep pushing the boundaries of the engine. Where it's more reasonable to just make the suit a devious device and be done with it. DD is tested, well-tried, working technology. And any conflicts (like rubber gloves and boots blocking body slots) will simply have to be accepted.

I'm currently not at that point yet. But I am getting closer.

Maybe you could somehow save the game day, game year and ingame hour that the character triggered the suit transformation and revert the change if the time it's less than on load.

You would have to clear it somehow after the quest finishes or player loads before triggering quest.

I believe that information is available in the game word and could be used. I just don't know if it's a good idea.

To clarify: That was really only a test for the rubber race (which will probably not be used anyway). There was no story and even possible conflict with the existing TIR mod.

Spend this day getting my new Skyrim installation in order (vampire lord transformation works again) and found out that the changed skin leads to invisibility of the vampire lord. You only see the loincloth and stuff. I can probably fix it by tracking the race change and undoing the skin change whenever the player is transformed. Another problem seems to be the engine's caching mechanism: If you save your game, equip a rubber suit (thus changing the skin), and then load the previous savegame, you'll still be wearing the rubber suit. Probably because Skyrim caches the skin across savegames. It was never intended to be used this way. Don't yet know how to fix that.

At some point, however, I have to ask myself the question how many more hurdles I'm willing to take. There will come a point where it simply makes no sense anymore to keep pushing the boundaries of the engine. Where it's more reasonable to just make the suit a devious device and be done with it. DD is tested, well-tried, working technology. And any conflicts (like rubber gloves and boots blocking body slots) will simply have to be accepted.

I'm currently not at that point yet. But I am getting closer.

I'd be fine with that, although i have to admit, i'm not that much into the whole rubber stuff, so my opinion counts only half ;) I just love this mod just for the awesome quests and dialogues. :)

Depending on when you want to release a new version, it might be an idea to wait /do other stuff and see what's changed in the x64 version... i don't have much hope for engine problems fixed, but it's not impossible. But i also think it will take some time until the dependencies will work on that version, SKSE will be a thing probably.

Maybe you could somehow save the game day, game year and ingame hour that the character triggered the suit transformation and revert the change if the time it's less than on load.

Luckily, the OnPlayerLoadGame event was introduced with patch 1.6. Provided it works as documented, it should allow me to fix the skin somehow. I'll take a look at it next time I get to it. Right now, my bed is calling.

i'm not that much into the whole rubber stuff

mob.jpg

;)

How did you fix the caching issue?

Basically, I catch the OnPlayerLoadGame event and check if the player character should currently be wearing rubber. If not and if the player's skin is something other than the default, then I replace the current player skin with the one that the race says it should be.

I've decided to make the hair removal optional. It will be enabled by default, but you can turn it off. Reason: Sometimes, depending on the hairstyle in question, it doesn't actually look that bad:

Reminds me of the works of a certain brit who happens to visit here occasionally. ;)

Skin caching is fixed, still chasing my tail with some vampire related stuff though.

Yay for the optional hair option! That does look rather cool on that screenshot. I think several other custom hairstyles, Apachii et. al., should look very good like this (even better in some outlandish color that an alchemist cooked up in their cauldron, like pink or bright blue).

Also, I admire your tenacity with finding a solution for all those big and small obstactles the game engine keeps throwing in your way. I guess at this point I would have just given up and said "oh to hell with vampires".

I've decided to make the hair removal optional. It will be enabled by default, but you can turn it off. Reason: Sometimes, depending on the hairstyle in question, it doesn't actually look that bad:

attachicon.giftirnohairremoval.jpg

Reminds me of the works of a certain brit who happens to visit here occasionally. ;)

Skin caching is fixed, still chasing my tail with some vampire related stuff though.

It's looking really good!

Love the screenshot! <3

attachicon.giftirnohairremoval.jpg

Well I guess that's an interesting option for some. For myself though, I view this as breaking the 'total enclosure' aspects of the mod. So hopefully, the default is totally enclosed! So looking forward to the next version of the mod coming out.

So hopefully, the default is totally enclosed!

That's what I said. ;)

I'm currently running some more extensive tests on playing as vampire to see if I got all the kinks out. Well, the bad ones. There are definitely kinks we want in. It's a fetish mod, after all. :)

But pump your brakes and don't get too fired up about it. It's still a long way until there will be a next release. Once the framework is finished, I still have to remake all the quests.

so in what ways are the biggest changes then ?

From a narrative point of view, the skin will still be considered a suit. It's just a different way to implement it. Specifically, it allows me to rubberize the whole body (including hands and feet) without having to force certain boots on the character. So you can still wear the ballet boots, if you like them. Or the pony boots from DD. Or whatever.

As far as features go: I've also mentioned previously that you will have optional rubber squeaking and gasmask breathing sounds. We'll have a new closed hood, and rubber nuns (always a crowd pleaser). Plus something else that I'm keeping under wraps for now. I want it to be a surprise.

And while I won't change the basic storyline, I'll try to add a little something here and there so that even people who already know the mod will enjoy a second playthrough. Hopefully.

so in what ways are the biggest changes then ?

From a narrative point of view, the skin will still be considered a suit. It's just a different way to implement it. Specifically, it allows me to rubberize the whole body (including hands and feet) without having to force certain boots on the character. So you can still wear the ballet boots, if you like them. Or the pony boots from DD. Or whatever.

As far as features go: I've also mentioned previously that you will have optional rubber squeaking and gasmask breathing sounds. We'll have a new closed hood, and rubber nuns (always a crowd pleaser). Plus something else that I'm keeping under wraps for now. I want it to be a surprise.

And while I won't change the basic storyline, I'll try to add a little something here and there so that even people who already know the mod will enjoy a second playthrough. Hopefully.

oh nice cause altough that "story site" is somehow nice, still a bit extreme. your way  will be for a wider public wich is nice

One small addition to the troubleshooting section that I'd like to make:

I had a problem with the escaped slave yesterday. Specifically, she wouldn't walk, no matter how much I wipped and zapped and even dragon-shouted her around. She'd just stand there like Lot's wife. Of course, I could fast travel to the tower, but once there I could only ask the Mistress about the guards, not present her the package I brought with me. Took some more messing around today until I found out that using the boat from the island back to the mainland (and probably the other way around as well) triggers that part of the quest as complete and I could bring her back. I still don't know why she wouldn't walk, though, as the speed updated properly.

And two small requests for the next version: First, maybe you could put the boat closer to Dawnstar (haven't found it yet, but I've walked quite a bit of coast there looking for it)? E.g. near the black door. There's already a guy with a boat, so a second one wouldn't raise that many questions and make it easier to find, should the above happen again.

Second, I don't know if that is possible, but could you try and add an interaction with the showers in the Tower Basement that gives a different pop-up depending on whether you're wearing a suit or not? So you could take a shower and it either tells you that the water feels good on your second skin and makes it all shiny again, but due to the suit you're still stewing in your own juices, or that you feel nice and refreshed, having washed all the sweat off.

I had a problem with the escaped slave yesterday. Specifically, she wouldn't walk, no matter how much I wipped and zapped and even dragon-shouted her around. She'd just stand there like Lot's wife. Of course, I could fast travel to the tower, but once there I could only ask the Mistress about the guards, not present her the package I brought with me. Took some more messing around today until I found out that using the boat from the island back to the mainland (and probably the other way around as well) triggers that part of the quest as complete and I could bring her back. I still don't know why she wouldn't walk, though, as the speed updated properly.

Might be interference from some other mod. It's the first time I hear about it - that I remember, at least. There are also more failsafes than just the boat. The game should also teleport her to your side whenever you enter a new cell. If that didn't happen either, it's further evidence for some kind of problem with your specific setup.

And two small requests for the next version: First, maybe you could put the boat closer to Dawnstar (haven't found it yet, but I've walked quite a bit of coast there looking for it)? E.g. near the black door. There's already a guy with a boat, so a second one wouldn't raise that many questions and make it easier to find, should the above happen again.

Second, I don't know if that is possible, but could you try and add an interaction with the showers in the Tower Basement that gives a different pop-up depending on whether you're wearing a suit or not? So you could take a shower and it either tells you that the water feels good on your second skin and makes it all shiny again, but due to the suit you're still stewing in your own juices, or that you feel nice and refreshed, having washed all the sweat off.

Usually, finding the boat is not difficult because the slave will practically lead you to it. All one has to do is keep hitting her. Provided one doesn't encounter any problems like the one you had, of course. I didn't want to place the boat too close to Dawnstar because this whole "whipping the slave across the countryside" is kind of the point in this quest. If you only have to strike her twice and she's already at the boat - where's the fun in that?

As far as the showers go: I had already contemplated a few "enhancements" to the basement, better showers amongst them. So I'll keep that idea in mind when I remake the story part of the mod.

The game should also teleport her to your side whenever you enter a new cell.

It did, the quest just didn't progress until I took the boat. I have the sneaking suspicion that When Vampires Attack tried to send her "home" and failed (it was night when we left the mine and one time there did Vampires spawn across the bay). Might have been something else, though, as she had her arms out of the armbinder, too (and only put them in for the squirming animation when I turned her plugs to the max).

I didn't want to place the boat too close to Dawnstar because this whole "whipping the slave across the countryside" is kind of the point in this quest. If you only have to strike her twice and she's already at the boat - where's the fun in that?

Good point. biggrin.png

Might be interference from some other mod. It's the first time I hear about it - that I remember, at least. There are also more failsafes than just the boat. The game should also teleport her to your side whenever you enter a new cell. If that didn't happen either, it's further evidence for some kind of problem with your specific setup.

Usually, finding the boat is not difficult because the slave will practically lead you to it. All one has to do is keep hitting her. Provided one doesn't encounter any problems like the one you had, of course. I didn't want to place the boat too close to Dawnstar because this whole "whipping the slave across the countryside" is kind of the point in this quest. If you only have to strike her twice and she's already at the boat - where's the fun in that?

As far as the showers go: I had already contemplated a few "enhancements" to the basement, better showers amongst them. So I'll keep that idea in mind when I remake the story part of the mod.

Just wanted to +1 the slave not moving bug/interference. I had the same issue, I just ended up force teleporting her with her ID to the Mistress to get it to progress (after taking the boat).

Also +1 the idea of different shower responses depending on if you are suited or not :D

The game should also teleport her to your side whenever you enter a new cell.

It did, the quest just didn't progress until I took the boat. I have the sneaking suspicion that When Vampires Attack tried to send her "home" and failed (it was night when we left the mine and one time there did Vampires spawn across the bay). Might have been something else, though, as she had her arms out of the armbinder, too (and only put them in for the squirming animation when I turned her plugs to the max).

I didn't want to place the boat too close to Dawnstar because this whole "whipping the slave across the countryside" is kind of the point in this quest. If you only have to strike her twice and she's already at the boat - where's the fun in that?

Good point. biggrin.png

as she had her arms out of the armbinder, too

Make sure you have set the number of slotted NPCs in the DDi MCM menu to something other than zero. Ideally more than 12. If that's not it, then you're probably right that there's something else at odds.

Just wanted to +1 the slave not moving bug/interference. I had the same issue, I just ended up force teleporting her with her ID to the Mistress to get it to progress (after taking the boat).

Also +1 the idea of different shower responses depending on if you are suited or not biggrin.png

What version of DDi are you guys using? DDi 3.0 and 3.1 breaks AI on npcs in armbinders.

I remember also having some trouble with this slave, but of another kind.

She moved along just fine, but we then got attacked by some wolves. I killed them but the slave had just continued to run along, so she was sort of gone. I couldn't find her. I didn't know that fast travelling would have teleported her to me, so I ended up searching her for what seemed like forever... :D

The bath idea sounds really great!

The escort quest problem could be solved by starting the slave's vibrator on full power when she gets too far away from the player. This would put her in a kneeling pleasure-making animation. The player could then find her by following the sound. Or maybe add a quest marker if she gets to far away.

It would be interesting if there was a little side-quest attached to the baths:

There would be a rubber slave nearby that would challenge the player to not take off her rubber suit for an extended period of time. After a time period of not taking off the suit the quest would update and the player could talk to the slave about her feelings about being trapped in the sweaty suit. This would be repeated with more devious dialogue options after each quest update, with the player having the option to dismiss it as disgusting or slowly begin to accept it.

Finally, the rubber slave would offer a bath to the player, which would result in a devious animation of both rubber clad slaves having fun in the bath, perhaps enjoying how to the outside world they look and smell so clean but only both of them really know about the sweat that's hidden inside.

After finishing the quest, the player would be able to always ask the rubber slave for some fun in the bath.

Tiny bug report: Before the pony race, if you got rid of some gear on the way, the Mistress will say "See that do not lose it again" after fixing you up again. Missing a "you". ;)

Also, I had the problem that she didn't put a chastity belt on me and got caught in a loop. Had to use tir_dbg_restoregameplay 30 and drop all Devious Devices before she worked properly again (just dropping the stuff before I talked to her didn't help).

What version of DDi are you guys using? DDi 3.0 and 3.1 breaks AI on npcs in armbinders.

Err... the latest one, unless there was a new one during the last month. But I had NPCs set to 0, so that might have been the problem. I kept the save but haven't gone back to it yet for further testing, still so much other stuff to do. :D