What really pisses you off? please no posts about nexus lol

35 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

Do you remember that you once asked me why I still used IE 11?

? ... to experience a fuck-up from a huge money-fueled enslaving master instead? :classic_laugh:

I guess the concept of "have a backup" was invented because someone in the distant past someday discovered that he is surrounded by idiots and evil villains.

So he needed an urgent solution to preserve his precious data. :classic_laugh:

2 minutes ago, worik said:

? ... to experience a fuck-up from a huge money-fueled enslaving master instead? :classic_laugh:

I guess the concept of "have a backup" was invented because someone in the distant past someday discovered that he is surrounded by idiots and evil villains.

So he needed an urgent solution to preserve is precious data. :classic_laugh:

Capitalists are capitalists regardless of how cool and trendy their product. If they can they will provide a sub-standard product and screw you at any and every opportunity. I use IE because it is the 'devil I know' and it does the job. It also loads a lot quicker than Chrome does on my machine.

The whole 'Man-made Climate Change' farce really pisses me off.  Every time I hear some clueless politician or fucking movie star rant about climate change I wanna reach into the TV and slap the living shit out of them. 

"CO2 levels are dangerously high."

No, they are not.  They are well within the norm for the Cenozoic Era; which we are currently in.  Oxygen isotopes don't lie, only U.N. funded scientists do.  Back in the Carboniferous Period CO2 levels were 6 times higher than they are now, and life flourished.

"All the scientists say..."

Okay, which scientists?  What model are they using?  Who is funding their research?  Are they the same scientist who said Syria used Sarin gas on it's own people..Ya know, that Sarin with the same chemical signature as the gas the U.S. illegally sold to Iran during the Iran/Iraq War?  That kind of scientist?

"In 12 years we'll all be dead!"

Yeah, Al Gore has been saying that for 30 years and it still hasn't happened.

What all this boils down to is clueless people repeating things said by other clueless people.  It's to the point where the current weather patterns we're experiencing are blamed on 'climate change'.  Well DUH no shit.  The climate is constantly changing and humans have minimal impact.  One thing they're conveniently ignoring is the solar minimum that started in 2015.  But I guess that's why the U.N. doesn't include solar physicists in their climate change doomsday cult because the hard science doesn't jive with the agenda.  That's why they don't consult paleoclimatologists either; the planet has been on a cooling trending for the last 20k years, but the truth doesn't matter.  That's why these asshole stopped using 'global warming', because the real research that debunked their lie was made public.

47 minutes ago, Kendo 2 said:

The whole 'Man-made Climate Change' farce really pisses me off.  Every time I hear some clueless politician or fucking movie star rant about climate change I wanna reach into the TV and slap the living shit out of them. 

No, they are not.  They are well within the norm for the Cenozoic Era; which we are currently in.  Oxygen isotopes don't lie, only U.N. funded scientists do.  Back in the Carboniferous Period CO2 levels were 6 times higher than they are now, and life flourished.

Okay, which scientists?  What model are they using?  Who is funding their research?  Are they the same scientist who said Syria used Sarin gas on it's own people..Ya know, that Sarin with the same chemical signature as the gas the U.S. illegally sold to Iran during the Iran/Iraq War?  That kind of scientist?

What all this boils down to is clueless people repeating things said by other clueless people.  It's to the point where the current weather patterns we're experiencing are blamed on 'climate change'.  Well DUH no shit.  The climate is constantly changing and humans have minimal impact.  One thing they're conveniently ignoring is the solar minimum that started in 2015.  But I guess that's why the U.N. doesn't include solar physicists in their climate change doomsday cult because the hard science doesn't jive with the agenda.  That's why they don't consult paleoclimatologists either; the planet has been on a cooling trending for the last 20k years, but the truth doesn't matter.  That's why these asshole stopped using 'global warming', because the real research that debunked their lie was made public.

Ah, just plant a bunch of trees. Everyone gets more fresh air, shade and fruits and Climate Change activists can quit harping on about the topic. That is a Win-Win scenario right there.

The way the gaming industry keeps trying to defend loot boxes and p2w microtransactions and their lobbyist group, the Entertainment Software Association. As much as I fear the abuse of the bill that would regulate such measures, I can't deny that it's desperately needed.

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

The way the gaming industry keeps trying to defend loot boxes and p2w microtransactions and their lobbyist group, the Entertainment Software Association. As much as I fear the abuse of the bill that would regulate such measures, I can't deny that it's desperately needed.

Ah. The untapped market of online gambling. This is old news as far as I'm concerned. As successful as they are or think they are they aren't getting my money. These two lines from the Offspring seems to sum it up: I won't pay and get a job.

Spoiler

On 5/9/2019 at 9:41 PM, Kendo 2 said:

>solar minimum

Hail, fellow heretic

11 hours ago, Darkpig said:

As successful as they are or think they are they aren't getting my money.

It's not those of us who know the bullshit these companies are pulling that are the problem. It's the millions of people who still buy even one loot box or p2w microtransaction that are. Activision pulled in $4.5 billion in microtransactions alone last year, for example. Given numbers like that, no company will quit until they're forced to by either the law or the total collapse of the industry. By the time the latter happens folks won't think twice about paying hundreds or thousands of dollars more to "win" a game or of games that require extensive patching post-release to fix bugs and/or add content.

As little faith as I have in the government, I have even less in the sheeple.

Bah, I ended up on a social security scam call list. Every other day I have to block a new spam number calling me. Pretending my social security number expired due to fraud suspicion, even though the fact that SSNs for American nationals are never canceled is only the first thing wrong about that claim. And if I just call up another number then give them a bunch of exploitable personal information they'll fix it for me. Being the elderly are the most likely to fall for such scams I imagine there is a special place in hell for those that run such con jobs.

On a side note: Will Namco just reveal Cassandra for Soul Calibur 6 already? We already know she's the final DLC so what the hell is taking so long? I want to revisit the game but don't want to burn it out before one of my old mains is released. #FirstWorldProblems

41 minutes ago, MrEsturk said:

ah, I ended up on a social security scam call list. Every other day I have to block a new spam number calling me.

Welcome to my world. IDK if my "blocked number list" has a limit but it's gotten pretty long.

Fanbois screaming "YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING!" and "STOP WALLOWING IN SELF-IGNORANCE!" because I said I don't take everything ESO includes as canon by default because it too often contradicts or breaks existing lore on FudgeMuppet's video about the problem with the Ebonheart Pact. My initial post was taken down because of their comment and I had to re-post, with the addition of "salty fanboi assertions aside." So far it's not been taken down and I haven't heard back from whoever it was.

I will admit they're partially right. IDK much about ESO because I quit after the first free month when it was first released. Partly because it was a broken, insanely complicated mess and partly because my account got hacked. No authenticators at release, ZO? Really? That had already been standard for MMO security for years back in '14.

22 minutes ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

Fanbois screaming "YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING!" and "STOP WALLOWING IN SELF-IGNORANCE!" because I said I don't take everything ESO includes as canon by default because it too often contradicts or breaks existing lore on FudgeMuppet's video about the problem with the Ebonheart Pact. My initial post was taken down because of their comment and I had to re-post, with the addition of "salty fanboi assertions aside." So far it's not been taken down and I haven't heard back from whoever it was.

I really wish the ESO devs had made their game take place in an alternative universe. Because there was no way they were going to be able to make an Elder Scrolls MMO without contradicting the established lore. As you mentioned the Ebonheart Pact alone... the Stormcloaks animosity towards the Dunmer may be racist but those racist feelings didn't just come from nowhere. 1000s of years of bad blood and violent conflicts that make an idea like the Ebonheart Pact beyond absurd. And that's before you throw the Argonians into the alliance. It would be like making an MMO based off the ancient real world were the Japanese and Koreans formed an alliance.

5 minutes ago, MrEsturk said:

I really wish the ESO devs had made their game take place in an alternative universe. Because there was no way they were going to be able to make an Elder Scrolls MMO without contradicting the established lore. As you mentioned the Ebonheart Pact alone... the Stormcloaks animosity towards the Dunmer may be racist but those racist feelings didn't just come from nowhere. 1000s of years of bad blood and violent conflicts that make an idea like the Ebonheart Pact beyond absurd. And that's before you throw the Argonians into the alliance. It would be like making an MMO based off the ancient real world were the Japanese and Koreans formed an alliance.

I think the devs will cop-out and use a "Dragon Break" to explain everything. Or they'll use the "alternative universe" scenario. Either would piss off the fans who think it's part of the larger ES universe so it's pretty obvious why they aren't saying anything about it.

The guy who posted actually claimed "the Pact blows up in the end" as if that was established canon. There hasn't been any mention of the specific events of ESO in any novel I know of, nor has there been another offline single-player TES game since Skyrim, so none of it is technically "canon" yet. If it ever is made so.

On 5/15/2019 at 5:33 AM, Canaris said:

People who think that their abuse of power and censoring me will make me change my mind and agree with them.

Get fucked, die in a fire. All you are doing is pissing me off even more. 

I think Tim Pool said it best: the best way to deal with a lot of the more vile people on the internet is to simply step aside and let them speak. Most will destroy themselves by merely making their hateful ideas and perspective plain for the whole world to see. Trying to silence them with censorship just makes it look like they had a valid point to be hid from the public, not to mention makes them look edgy and counterculture.

6 hours ago, ANGRYWOLVERINE said:

Thank goodness for Loverslab's ignore feature....

Why? In order to sanitize your experience here?

There are people here who dislike me rather openly, but I've never even once used that "feature." It's (IMO) only for people who stalk/harass me, and thank goodness, that's not a thing. So far.

But if you wish to ghetto-ize your mind, that's your own prerogative I suppose.

YouTube's recommendation algorithm. It keeps recommending things completely unrelated to anything I've ever searched for or watched. Like sports and foreign language videos/channels. And it keeps trying to show me Oxhorn's videos. I've got nothing against the guy personally, I'm not hating on him because I disagree with his opinions or interests, I just find his videos and narration dull. Quit showing me channels I've already said I'm not interested in, repeatedly, YT! Especially the damned sports!

Bugthesda has confirmed they will not be discussing any "planned" BGS games at E3 this year. That worries me because it seems to mean they have nothing. No development progress to share, no concept art, no info on the stories of Starfield or TES VI. Are these games on hiatus? If so, why? If they are being worked on, why not give us an idea about their central plots? Or are they going to pull an Anthem on us and forge ahead with no idea where they want to take things? ?

2 hours ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

YouTube's recommendation algorithm. It keeps recommending things completely unrelated to anything I've ever searched for or watched. Like sports and foreign language videos/channels. And it keeps trying to show me Oxhorn's videos. I've got nothing against the guy personally, I'm not hating on him because I disagree with his opinions or interests, I just find his videos and narration dull. Quit showing me channels I've already said I'm not interested in, repeatedly, YT! Especially the damned sports!

I have a love-hate relationship with YouTube's recommendation page. I hate it whenever it throws up vids that are just barely related to what I usually watch, but every now and then it'll suggest some video that ends up being absolute gold IMO. For every 20th low-effort video essay about how the Joker is the best villain ever written in the history of ever or some YT drama video, there's at least one video that's either a weird meme or a wholesome animal video... or [REDACTED].

And sometimes, if the algorithm's unholy light shines down on you from YouTube's headquarters, you'll get a video that's not even searchable.

20 hours ago, MrEsturk said:

Everheard the enemy of my enemy is my ally? 

Its a shitty defensive packs wich collapses after the war and they gonna kill each other, history has many things like that, even my country allied with its own mortal enemy many times to take down a mutual enemy, then wage war with each other after few years later.

Its not really uncommon thing.

TES is always contradicting itself, many stuffs from the old game is not really applies to the new ones, like Skyrim supposed to be totally different place than what we got. ?

Nords even lost their religion and worshipping the nine divines wich they did not in the previous game etc...

11 hours ago, Pork Type said:

Why? In order to sanitize your experience here?

There are people here who dislike me rather openly, but I've never even once used that "feature." It's (IMO) only for people who stalk/harass me, and thank goodness, that's not a thing. So far.

But if you wish to ghetto-ize your mind, that's your own prerogative I suppose.

That was uncalled for.

Obviously.

3 hours ago, Resdayn said:

Its a shitty defensive packs wich collapses after the war and they gonna kill each other, history has many things like that, even my country allied with its own mortal enemy many times to take down a mutual enemy, then wage war with each other after few years later.

In the case of the Ebonheart Pact it would be like Christians joining up with Satan and his Legions and makes about as much sense. I'm not going to go into the lore but it stretches credulity to the point of snapping that Argonians, Dunmer, and Nords would work together at all. The "Nord Jesus" was killed by Dunmer "god" Vivec and both races treat Argonians--who have absolutely no reason to even leave Black Marsh because no other race can survive there--like utter garbage. The dark elves even enslave Argonians outside of Black Marsh whenever they feel like it.

Not even the "enemy of my enemy" effect could overcome their hatred of each other at the time ESO takes place.

9 hours ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

In the case of the Ebonheart Pact it would be like Christians joining up with Satan and his Legions and makes about as much sense. I'm not going to go into the lore but it stretches credulity to the point of snapping that Argonians, Dunmer, and Nords would work together at all. The "Nord Jesus" was killed by Dunmer "god" Vivec and both races treat Argonians--who have absolutely no reason to even leave Black Marsh because no other race can survive there--like utter garbage. The dark elves even enslave Argonians outside of Black Marsh whenever they feel like it.

Yeah thats how my country thought about their enemy, after all they not followed the same religion, yet they still did it, thnigs not really make sense always.

Anyway faction is more of Morrowind and its minor allies then Full-Skyrim and Blackmarsch banded with  Morrowind together, nord king is not really the actual leader, thats Almalexia, and Only Eastmarch and Riften joined, and few tribe from Blackmarch, large bulk of actual argonian troops and "freed" slaves and cannon fodder.

Dunmer do anything what their "Gods" ask, and everyone in the alliance hates each others, even story is about how its barely functioning.

Not like hatred between each other goes away.

Eso is set after the Reman Empire fall, those conflicts are already in the past that time even that time, I mean it just 2-3 century til Tiber Septim born and start conquerring.

I still suprised after years people still care that much about this faction, like everyone did when it came out and found the most wtf thing, but nowadays everyone forget it and moved on.