What really pisses you off? please no posts about nexus lol

On 5/17/2019 at 5:18 AM, Pork Type said:

Why? In order to sanitize your experience here?

There are people here who dislike me rather openly, but I've never even once used that "feature." It's (IMO) only for people who stalk/harass me, and thank goodness, that's not a thing. So far.

But if you wish to ghetto-ize your mind, that's your own prerogative I suppose.

EDIT: (not directed at @Pork Type response ... I wasn't aware of the reason for such a post. NO negative intent is implied or intended toward him. As far as I have had dealings with him.. it has all been cool.. just posting an alternative view of the feature and how and why I use it for those that might have issues with some members. That is all)

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I use it to remind me of those individuals which I have had issues with in the past. With changing names and avatars it is easy for me to forget who was an issue. I still look at many of those post but have to manually do so (reason for the "remind" me) so that when I read something from them, I already have a mindset there are issues. This is enough for me to usually walk away.  In a sense it is used to help the site and the moderators from having to do extra work on a situation that will very likely turn south quite quickly. (these individuals have proven that on repeated times that we just can't get along... No blame is assigned to them by me. ;) just the understanding it wont' work out and all is better off without us interacting. ) Fortunately, there are very few that are on that list. Don't get me wrong. there isn't anything wrong with a healthy argument, or "discussion" and such even very different views it is reserved (for me at least) for situations where it devolves into something that shouldn't be on a site just as this.

Just wanted to point that out. I have been here for years I( and have thousands of post and much of it support based) and it took quite some time before the first person was added to that list. and much time between each added one.

I am a firm believer of that feature as being useful if utilized properly.

8 hours ago, Resdayn said:

<snip>

My initial point was it's not canon...yet. Unless/until something is mentioned in a single-player offline TES game, nothing is technically "canon" for the TES universe. And with Bethesda all but confirming there will be no information on TES VI at E3 this year, we're likely going to have to wait years to find out if any of the events of ESO are canonized in that game. If it is made canon in that way, I'll reconcile my feelings about it. But until then I remain skeptical.

And speaking of things-being-in-game-becoming-canon, the Domina Armor, an official plugin for Morrowind, makes BDSM is canon in TES. :classic_tongue: Make of that what you will.

1 hour ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

My initial point was it's not canon...yet. Unless/until something is mentioned in a single-player offline TES game, nothing is technically "canon" for the TES universe. And with Bethesda all but confirming there will be no information on TES VI at E3 this year, we're likely going to have to wait years to find out if any of the events of ESO are canonized in that game. If it is made canon in that way, I'll reconcile my feelings about it. But until then I remain skeptical.

And speaking of things-being-in-game-becoming-canon, the Domina Armor, an official plugin for Morrowind, makes BDSM is canon in TES. :classic_tongue: Make of that what you will.

"Canon" is pretty irrelevant subject when it comes to TES, lore is just a weird mess to be honest. ?

I don't expect a word of the Stormcloak vs Empire conflict in the next one, let alone one trivial war of the total war Second Era ?

Even if you hate the base game content of ESO, expansion packs and dlc stories are honestly quite solid, lot better than base main story etc... those are worth to be considered in my opinion, any content with the Tribunal is pretty good. ?

What made anyone think there are no BDSM in TES ?, those are thing in Morrowind in ESO if that something. ?

If really Ebonheart pack is only thing truly get that much of you, just not consider it existing along with the Three-banner war, but there are enough good stuff there without those.

2 hours ago, Resdayn said:

Even if you hate the base game content of ESO, expansion packs and dlc stories are honestly quite solid, lot better than base main story etc... those are worth to be considered in my opinion, any content with the Tribunal is pretty good. ?

I never said I hate ESO or any of its content. Just that I'm skeptical it's canon because it violates established histories and lore. I realize "canon" TES lore is a mess but there is enough that remains constant to make some (very broad) statements about it. And I really didn't even think about the Ebonheart Pact until I saw the FudgeMuppet YouTube video explaining it. My initial post regarding it was about some salty fanboi denigrating me for a comment I made about it on the video's page. Unlike other franchises, I know and admit I am not so well versed in TES lore that I can say anything definitive. There are games I haven't played, novels I haven't read, and in-game books I just skip over because I find them rather dry reading.

I think we've taken up enough of this thread's space, though.

1 minute ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

I never said I hate ESO or any of its content. Just that I'm skeptical it's canon because it violates established histories and lore. I realize "canon" TES lore is a mess but there is enough that remains constant to make some (very broad) statements about it. And I really didn't even think about the Ebonheart Pact until I saw the FudgeMuppet YouTube video explaining it. My initial post regarding it was about some salty fanboi denigrating me for a comment I made about it on the video's page.

I think we've taken up enough of this thread's space, though.

Well fanboys are always bad, no matter what they defend :P , I guess no wonder you reacted the way.

Yeah, we took too much of the subject already of the thread.

All those retarded people who suddenly bash GOT because it started to be fashionable. 
Season 8 is clearly rushed and not without major flaws but those retards dont even use the proper arguments instead of "muh khaleesi would never do that ( while its been foreshadowed that she is at least very impulsive and has very huge double standard when it comes to her actions and actions against her, as early as season fucking ONE and they ignore everything that happened in season 7 and last fucking episodes )" or "muh Jaime returning to Cersei ( yeah, its called toxic fucking relationship, look it up - that shit happens in real life with depressing frequency )" or "muh Cersei suddenly breaking and crying in the end" etc. 

Sometimes i feel like im the one of the few people that actually remember anything that happened more than two fucking episodes ago... 

Oh and fuck those D&D clowns - HBO and GRRM wanted to make 10 seasons of GOT and were ready to actually fork up cash but those clowns rushed it because they got sweet deal from Disney to abuse the corpse of Star Wars some more ( i wont say ruin because it was already ruined by Last Jedi bullshit ). 

My printer's native program won't scan because it doesn't have a color ink cartridge. It just keeps throwing an error about the cartridges being misaligned. I never use color printing but I'm being forced to spend $15 extra for a cartridge to do such just because the program won't work without it? I call that "extortionware." Thanks, Hewlett-Packard. Now I remember why I hate you guys!

3 hours ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

My printer's native program won't scan because it doesn't have a color ink cartridge. It just keeps throwing an error about the cartridges being misaligned. I never use color printing but I'm being forced to spend $15 extra for a cartridge to do such just because the program won't work without it? I call that "extortionware." Thanks, Hewlett-Packard. Now I remember why I hate you guys!

ALL COLOR PRINTERS DO THAT.

Sorry for the shout but I wanted you and others to know that. It is a *feature* designed to *protect* the machine print heads from being damaged when there isn't any ink going through them or available. (dry out, etc)

This has been the case for a number of years. Also FYI they often now come with chips that *turn off* the cartridges due to them *being out of ink* or when the expectation for them to be out of ink occurs. There can very well be ink in the cartridges but it will still "turn off" .. again so that the printer can be *protected* from damage. Get a laser printer and not worry about that any more. OH.. also refilling the ink might work due to the ink cartridges being "programed" you might need something to reprogram it .. or reset it. A bunch of bullshit IMO but it is what it is.

On 5/17/2019 at 3:02 PM, Resdayn said:

Everheard the enemy of my enemy is my ally? 

Its a shitty defensive packs wich collapses after the war and they gonna kill each other, history has many things like that, even my country allied with its own mortal enemy many times to take down a mutual enemy, then wage war with each other after few years later.

Its not really uncommon thing.

TES is always contradicting itself, many stuffs from the old game is not really applies to the new ones, like Skyrim supposed to be totally different place than what we got. ?

Nords even lost their religion and worshipping the nine divines wich they did not in the previous game etc...

You can thank Todd Howard's policy of no right or wrong answers for that, and while it's great for player agency, it's absolute death for narrative progression or combating lore stagnation.

On 5/20/2019 at 3:40 PM, Canaris said:

All those retarded people who suddenly bash GOT because it started to be fashionable. 
Season 8 is clearly rushed and not without major flaws but those retards dont even use the proper arguments instead of "muh khaleesi would never do that ( while its been foreshadowed that she is at least very impulsive and has very huge double standard when it comes to her actions and actions against her, as early as season fucking ONE and they ignore everything that happened in season 7 and last fucking episodes )" or "muh Jaime returning to Cersei ( yeah, its called toxic fucking relationship, look it up - that shit happens in real life with depressing frequency )" or "muh Cersei suddenly breaking and crying in the end" etc. 

Sometimes i feel like im the one of the few people that actually remember anything that happened more than two fucking episodes ago... 

Oh and fuck those D&D clowns - HBO and GRRM wanted to make 10 seasons of GOT and were ready to actually fork up cash but those clowns rushed it because they got sweet deal from Disney to abuse the corpse of Star Wars some more ( i wont say ruin because it was already ruined by Last Jedi bullshit ). 

Thank you for saying this! I didn't have much of a problem with how it ended and I also felt like I was alone on this opinion too. I don't get into any social media so I've never been able to respond to all of the backlash. I've only read some articles about it and I just shake my head and move on thinking "what the hell are you talking about?". 

Anyways, I agree wholeheartedly. It's like everyone forgot what made this show so great to begin with -- the amount of unpredictability and plot twists!  Noone seem to cry when Joffery, Ramsey or the child abusing "king" died out of nowhere (because we all wanted them too) but everyone is all up in arms because they didn't get happy go lucky ending with Khaleesi and Snow saving the world, getting married and living happy ever after. 

It's the 7 kingdoms for christ sakes! There is always someone who is tryin to get to the top so that they can rule them all and Khaleesi was no different. That was her plan all along and the show made that VERY clear this whole time. The plot twist (again, one of the things that made this show great) was the fact that she never considered that she would not be perceived the same way in the east as she was in west because of the past hatred regarding the Targaryen blood line. Regardless of her initial "good" intentions, she wanted the throne. And she saw that taking the "respect me through peace route" wouldn't work in the East and had to adapt in order take the throne. Which was ultimately to disregard the peace route and inherit the "respect through fear" route, which essentially made her start to become everything she was fighting against in the first place and had turned into Cersei 2.0.

My ONLY minor problems with season 8 was; 
1) The battle with the white walkers should have been in the final 2 episodes and not in the middle. This made them afterthought imo. 
2) The fight was too short. This made them look weak after 8 years of building them up to look so strong. 
3) How they did ultimately end up with a "happy ending" - albeit a little balanced with Snow. Personally, imo, I would have rather them ending with portaying everything coming full circle with the same old "everyone fighting for the throne". Even if that meant not killing Cersei 2.0 at all.
4) It should have been 10 episodes. I say this because that is the only possible way they could have fit everything in that I mentioned above. 

6 hours ago, 27X said:

You can thank Todd Howard's policy of no right or wrong answers for that, and while it's great for player agency, it's absolute death for narrative progression or combating lore stagnation.

Yeah, I know, they usually build things around gameplay and write later lore and everything and we can experience the fruit for it :P

True story:

Old woman lives in mountains surrounded with forest full of bears, wolfs and boars. She is poor and she eats what grows in her garden and what nearby villagers give her to eat. She has no electricity, gas, phone: only one well. Someone gave her a Shepard dog to watch on her because many times bears, wolfs and boars came into her yard and tried to enter into her cabin.  She kept her dog chained to the do house so she can hear barking when wild animals invade her yard again. Some mountain climbers passed by her house and seeing the dog chained to its dog house they called the police. Very soon policewoman arrived and she press the charge against the old lady for keeping the dog chained. Poor lady had to pay penalty of 200 Euros which she doesn't have. Fucking stupid policewoman didn't even try to listen to her why she holds her dog chained and when she asked her: "Where have you been when my cabin was under the snow and I couldn't get out of the house freezing and starving to death?! You helped everyone in the village but me", the policewoman replied: "I'm here to uphold the law! One more word and I will punish you with another 100 Euros for insulting representative of the law!"

When I heard this story, I checked it right away and when it showed as true, I covered lady's penalty and submit charge against bitch policewoman. Fuck you moronic woman. You are not representative of the law. You are dog bitch! I'll seek you will be suspended for life no matter how much it will cost me.

16 hours ago, RitualClarity said:

<snip>

I haven't used a printer outside of work in over fifteen years. I've never needed to, actually. Where I work we still use older Xerox machines in place of printers. And the all-in-one printer I bought came with two black ink cartridges but no color cartridge, no instructions, and no USB Type-B cable to connect it to my desktop which doesn't have a wireless card or adapter. The cable I already had but the cartridge? Not a word it would be necessary to scan only. I swear, the more "idiot-proof" tech becomes, the bigger an idiot it makes me feel like.

3 hours ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

I haven't used a printer outside of work in over fifteen years. I've never needed to, actually. Where I work we still use older Xerox machines in place of printers. And the all-in-one printer I bought came with two black ink cartridges but no color cartridge, no instructions, and no USB Type-B cable to connect it to my desktop which doesn't have a wireless card or adapter. The cable I already had but the cartridge? Not a word it would be necessary to scan only. I swear, the more "idiot-proof" tech becomes, the bigger an idiot it makes me feel like.

The old Xerox machines were tanks and cheap to run. They better keep them in good shape and treat them well. Most new printers aren't going to be as good as those oldies but goodies. (I am assuming they were laser printers)

Haven't heard about a printer coming with two black cartridge but no color.. they usually come with a set of ink for start. (which will run out very fast)  Some of the higher end ones  might come with a second set but usually a complete set. (HP for example) Strange

Not having a USB cable is pretty common now for printers being sold. They don't give those. Companies like having the "add on" purchase $$$$ of an item that has extreme mark up at the store. (19.99 for something they bought for less than 5 dollars)

The Scan option.. I don't know why they have it set up to require the ink for scanning. The printer head isn't really doing anything I can think of.. .. well unless it is attempting to waste ink while you scan.. lol. The protect the heads for ink and dry out protection.. OK I might accept that.. however, not the scanner. The only reason I can think of that is they have dedicated scanners and if you only wanted to scan. they their thought is you should have gotten a dedicated scanner. The only real reason is they were lazy and it is part of the maintance programing and will stop because it is expected that you would also be printing at some time and wants to make sure you have all the materials to do so. Instead of a simple prompt to continue to scan until you decide to print...

It is all a fucking scam like the 8 hotdogs and 10 pack of buns...

38 minutes ago, RitualClarity said:

It is all a fucking scam like the 8 hotdogs and 10 pack of buns...

Exactly. It wasn't even a printer I bought for myself but a gift I got for my b-day last Dec. I appreciate the thought but since I don't print anything at home I didn't even open up the box until a couple of days ago. The fact it only cost the giver $20 was a major red flag about its quality and durability. I'm sure it wasn't brand new but another attempt by Best Buy to pass off a returned item as such by simply repacking it. That would explain why it had two black cartridges instead of a black and a color one.

4 hours ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

Exactly. It wasn't even a printer I bought for myself but a gift I got for my b-day last Dec. I appreciate the thought but since I don't print anything at home I didn't even open up the box until a couple of days ago. The fact it only cost the giver $20 was a major red flag about its quality and durability. I'm sure it wasn't brand new but another attempt by Best Buy to pass off a returned item as such by simply repacking it. That would explain why it had two black cartridges instead of a black and a color one.

Even the 20 dollar printers have both colors. Perhaps it was a clearance or perhaps a packing error. The problem is you didn't open it up in a timely manner so there isn't much to do. Also if I am correct, the damn ink will cost about as much as the fucking printer to get. ;)  Perhaps check on line and find some refilled piece of shit refurbished something to put there and hope it works. Then at least you should be able to print.

As far as scanning.. if you are a light user.. you don't even need that. there are programs that use your phones camera to scans the documents now. Does a fair job.. not as good as a good scanner but good enough for some random record or something.

20 hours ago, RitualClarity said:

<snip>

It doesn't matter anymore. I just bought myself a professional-quality laser printer as well as a color ink cartridge for the old one. The latter will be a backup. And I couldn't have returned it, anyway. It was bought "on sale" and I didn't get the receipt from the gift-giver. This isn't even the first time the local Best Buy has tried to sell refurbished crap as "new," either. My mother bought a vacuum cleaner from them and it turned out to have a burned-out motor before she ever bought it. That's just one of over a dozen different stories I've heard from friends and family alike. Not to mention the horror stories about Geek Squad making things worse when they and try and fix things.

This whole affair is just one more reminder of why I avoid Best Buy when I have to buy anything.

EDIT: As a clarification, the reason I've never been a heavy user of printers or scanners up to this point was because I didn't have a home printer or scanner. If I needed to print something I just did it at the office or at a local copy shop. But these days I have things--mostly legal records, contracts, etc.--I want to retain physical copies of and would rather not be printed on things I can't ensure the security of.

And apps using my smartphone are out because of the latter reason as well as the fact I have horribly shaky hands. The last time I tried to snap a pic of a check for a digital deposit it took ten tries to get the thing in frame and clear enough to be seen.

1 hour ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

It doesn't matter anymore. I just bought myself a professional-quality laser printer as well as a color ink cartridge for the old one. The latter will be a backup. And I couldn't have returned it, anyway. It was bought "on sale" and I didn't get the receipt from the gift-giver. This isn't even the first time the local Best Buy has tried to sell refurbished crap as "new," either. My mother bought a vacuum cleaner from them and it turned out to have a burned-out motor before she ever bought it. That's just one of over a dozen different stories I've heard from friends and family alike. Not to mention the horror stories about Geek Squad making things worse when they and try and fix things.

This whole affair is just one more reminder of why I avoid Best Buy when I have to buy anything.

Best buy and Geek Squad used to be goods years ago, now I won't waste my time with them. The last time I spoke with a Geek Squad agent he was on old guy who said he started fixing his own computers. I've been doing that for some time.

4 hours ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

EDIT: As a clarification, the reason I've never been a heavy user of printers or scanners up to this point was because I didn't have a home printer or scanner. If I needed to print something I just did it at the office or at a local copy shop. But these days I have things--mostly legal records, contracts, etc.--I want to retain physical copies of and would rather not be printed on things I can't ensure the security of.

And apps using my smartphone are out because of the latter reason as well as the fact I have horribly shaky hands. The last time I tried to snap a pic of a check for a digital deposit it took ten tries to get the thing in frame and clear enough to be seen.

Congrats on the professional quality laser printer...

As for the color printer.. it likely will fuck up when you need ti to print the next time a need arises... clogs, wasted ink etc.

There is a electronics store near me... I know some people that work there. Well, funny story is Geek Squad try to get hired into their tech repair shop.. and they are denied more often than not. (not enough experience, fail a test, no credentials, expired ones etc) To be fair, I have know one or two people that worked there that were leagues beyond what most techs are (resodered a power connection to my friends motherboard for 20 dollars (on the side of course ;))  and other tasks .. I learned some shit from them but for the most part.. when I went there (looooonnnnngggg time ago) I'd ask some question or needed something done (before I did my own shit) and they would say something that was so stupid that even I (at that time) knew they were fucking with me. 

I understand on the smart phone.. The software is getting better and taking shakes into account but not quite there yet. :(

I do the same thing for thing I feel the need to have physical copies for but have been slowly moving away from that and just saving the bulk fo them in a PDF and an encrypted folder.  Only the most important stuff has a physical copy.

To full fill the requirement of the thread..

What THE FUCK Spotify!!!!!   I feel as if they are watching me or such as they have a tendency to put on shit (daily song list) that is complete shit. Not even listened on the most crappy radio station .. some reworks or shit from something. I never heard of before and sucks... They however seem to do that when I am away from the computer /phone and can't get there to skip... WTF!  I have literally 1000'
s of favorites and saved list and shit.. WHY that shit! Not even close to anything I listened to before.

BONUS!!! :P
WTF is with electronics or anything that you need on a daily basis... WTF with it breaking when the stores close. Not before when you can go, Not when you are doing shit and have time, not when you have the money but after you spent the money then it decides to go to shit.. WHY!  Literally every thing that broke on me this past 2 years waited until the above times to do so.  I got old shit.. I understand it will break. I understand I will have to get some shit to fix it and /or replace it.. but WHY  when it is the hardest time to do so, it happen? Anybody?

On 5/24/2019 at 12:00 PM, Elf Prince said:

True story:

-snip-

Since you looked into this, did the old lady take her dog for walks each day and keep the area the dog had to live in clean and comfortable? I hope she did, but if she didn't then it sounds like the policewoman did the best thing to do by taking the dog away. When people are having really rough lives I can forgive them for not looking out for others, but not for making anyone else's life awful. The old lady's situation was sad, but when starving kids pickpocket people I don't root for them to keep succeeding at their theft, I want someone to step in and stop them and brings enough attention to it that the kids will receive real help without any victims.

The story you summarized actually makes me feel hopeful that some law workers are looking out for pets despite the likely "they have it rough and don't know any better!" backlash they'll receive for opposing the disadvantaged of our home team. For comparison, there's hardly ever any defensive voices of the parents who make their human kids grow up chained to a tractor because the bawling scares rabbits away from their garden, not even if the parent relies on that garden to survive and can't afford fencing, nope, because the well being of the child they are keeping wins out. That's exactly how I think our pet ownership rules should work.

10 hours ago, Voldearag said:

Since you looked into this, did the old lady take her dog for walks each day and keep the area the dog had to live in clean and comfortable? I hope she did, but if she didn't then it sounds like the policewoman did the best thing to do by taking the dog away. When people are having really rough lives I can forgive them for not looking out for others, but not for making anyone else's life awful. The old lady's situation was sad, but when starving kids pickpocket people I don't root for them to keep succeeding at their theft, I want someone to step in and stop them and brings enough attention to it that the kids will receive real help without any victims.

The story you summarized actually makes me feel hopeful that some law workers are looking out for pets despite the likely "they have it rough and don't know any better!" backlash they'll receive for opposing the disadvantaged of our home team. For comparison, there's hardly ever any defensive voices of the parents who make their human kids grow up chained to a tractor because the bawling scares rabbits away from their garden, not even if the parent relies on that garden to survive and can't afford fencing, nope, because the well being of the child they are keeping wins out. That's exactly how I think our pet ownership rules should work.

If you have seen Elf Prince's earlier posts, the folks in his country value dogs more than they do the poor and others who need help. Did they see that the old lady need help? Did they bother to find out if there was a way to help her take care of the dog? Championing the dog is all well and good, but not at the expense of people.