What really pisses you off? please no posts about nexus lol

Saw the Sonic movie trailer.... its just a prank from 4chan right? Right?? Its just them doing their cringe humor again and they happened to get Jim Carry in on the joke....... right? No? Ummm.... well, okay, Jim Carry being desperate enough to take the role doesn't surprise me but otherwise:

EDIT: Oh and apparently anyone who gave the trailer a review on YouTube got hit with a copyright strike loophole due the trailer technically containing a copyrighted song (and one better listened to as the Weird Al parody). Business as usual for the music industry.

17 hours ago, MrEsturk said:
Spoiler

Saw the Sonic movie trailer.... its just a prank from 4chan right? Right?? Its just them doing their cringe humor again and they happened to get Jim Carry in on the joke....... right? No? Ummm.... well, okay, Jim Carry being desperate enough to take the role doesn't surprise me but otherwise:

EDIT: Oh and apparently anyone who gave the trailer a review on YouTube got hit with a copyright strike loophole due the trailer technically containing a copyrighted song (and one better listened to as the Weird Al parody). Business as usual for the music industry.

I saw some of those reviews before they got copyright struck. Good Dog! What the hell did they do to Sonic?! He looks like a furry rather than an anthropomorphic hedgehog! The rest of the Internet is aghast, even Kotaku! When even the SJWs won't decry "toxic white male" opinions on something...

20 minutes ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

I saw some of those reviews before they got copyright struck. Good Dog! What the hell did they do to Sonic?! He looks like a furry rather than an anthropomorphic hedgehog! The rest of the Internet is aghast, even Kotaku! When even the SJWs won't decry "toxic white male" opinions on something...

I was all like, "wut?" when you managed to talk like a 40-year-old about a cartoon but I stifled myself, time for Google to educate my ignorant ass.

And then I came across this site https://www.geek.com/games/the-weirdest-and-worst-sonic-the-hedgehog-fan-art-1678172/

It's so cool. Apparently everyone and their little sister has a conception of what Sonic should look like.

And Then I read, "Detective Pikachu" is coming out.

I didn't research Pikachu art, I feel dirty even thinking about it.

Ignore my guilt, I'll sublimate it.

43 minutes ago, 2dk2c.2 said:

I was all like, "wut?" when you managed to talk like a 40-year-old about a cartoon but I stifled myself, time for Google to educate my ignorant ass.

And then I came across this site https://www.geek.com/games/the-weirdest-and-worst-sonic-the-hedgehog-fan-art-1678172/

I'm nearly forty. So I have a right to talk like I'm already so. :classic_tongue:

The movie is a live-action/CGI mix, not a cartoon. I can understand the need to remake Sonic to look quasi-realistic. But the way they did it is creepy! Especially the teeth. He looks like an Osmond!

2 hours ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

What the hell did they do to Sonic?! He looks like a furry rather than an anthropomorphic hedgehog! 

Not that the concept of 'Furry' wasn't already needlessly nebulous as it is, it is a synonym for both 'anthropomorphic animal' and 'zoomorphic people' (it all depends on what one's starting point is) not an alternate concept.

Sonic the Hedgehog's original design would fall under the umbrella of what was referred to as a Funny Animal both for the frequency of their appearance in comic strips before the term Comic was bastardized to mean any static sequential art and the fact that they only seem to be animal themed for the sake of humor or for pure aesthetics rather than to imbue the narratives which they are featured in with speculative fiction potential.

Furries are/were Funny Animals played straight. The rolling of fan clubs into the label just muddied things up further, something which I did take advantage of for this silly screen name.

Since the theme of this thread is about what one aggravates oneself, I suppose that would do, then.

Conflation of the most dedicated contingents of certain fan bases with the materials which they obsess over, sometimes to the detriment of the material itself and its ability to draw in new viewers/readers/players. It can almost be as harmful as trying to drive away dedicated fans for the sake of attracting a new 'purer' audience which may or may not actually exist. 

1 hour ago, FauxFurry said:

Not that the concept of 'Furry' wasn't already needlessly nebulous as it is, it is a synonym for both 'anthropomorphic animal' and 'zoomorphic people' (it all depends on what one's starting point is) not an alternate concept.

Point taken on the misuse of the term "furry." I apologize for my ignorance. :classic_smile:

When I finally figure out that ENBoost getting disabled due to some bad config edits was the whole reason my Skyrim was acting up. Not Crash Fixes "disappearing" (read: extracted to the wrong folder), not because of mods, but because I screwed up something so simple. brickwall.gif.a07ca089dd106bc97543672d4fffe17f.gif

This is why I avoid ini editing with Skyrim. Even with the "help" of things like the STEP Wiki.

WTF Firefox!

I just read that they will be removing some "questionable" plugins... just today.

I come home and all my extensions are blocked. Funny how they are all extensions that block ad revenue, tracking, and other profitable avenues for businesses and web sites... Extensions that have been highly advised for use for security and protection reasons from many tech sites. Don't work with them.. just block them.

Every time they do this.. I move more and more to Chrome.

Just now, RitualClarity said:

WTF Firefox!

I just read that they will be removing some "questionable" plugins... just today.

I come home and all my extensions are blocked. Funny how they are all extensions that block ad revenue, tracking, and other profitable avenues for businesses and web sites... Extensions that have been highly advised for use for security and protection reasons from many tech sites. Don't work with them.. just block them.

Every time they do this.. I move more and more to Chrome.

Chrome just as likely to pull the same shit. More likely in some cases. Consider Opera, Brave, or one of the other alt browser options.

2 minutes ago, MrEsturk said:

Chrome just as likely to pull the same shit. More likely in some cases. Consider Opera, Brave, or one of the other alt browser options.

Motherfucking Firefox!

They now send you to a page for updates... this page requires REGISTRATION OR LOG ONS. WTF! 

For the other browsers... do they have the same tools... Ad block, Ublock origin, and others etc. Will check that out.

reading up on it.. likely will install it once I get off my ass and use it for a few things and see where it goes from there.

I might also make some bullshit registration for firefox with some disposable email or such. Why are so many places requiring registration other than to start to gather up and connect your histories and such with your actual name/info? You surly don't need to have that info do download a plugin etc.

> WTF Firefox!

Fucking Mozilla!

I never did know a company so determined to fuck itself up the arse.

And now I'm back to posting on LL with the styles disabled so I can get at the underlying textbox, (ad editing with HTML codes) because sodding Google frameworks break unless you accept their tosspot tracking javascript. Wankers, the lot of them!

Sure. I mean you don't need to trust Chrome. You know Google are going to spy on you every way they can. And Mozilla's shortcomings have already been discussed.

> If I said "you can trust me" would you send me all your money?

Of course I would! Right after you grant me unfettered and irrevocable access to all your bank accounts, sign over your house and car to me, and probably a few other things I'll tell you about later. It's a security thing, you know?

I used Pale Moon previously, but the updates fell too far from Firefox. I don't use a lot of add-ons, but uBlock and NoScript seem to still be around in my FF. And the only registration i've seen has been completely optional.

I used Opera on my work machine for a while, but something about it rubbed me wrong, so now i use Firefox, Firefox Developer Edition, and Chrome on it too. Occasionally Edge too ?

6 hours ago, ToJKa said:

I used Pale Moon previously, but the updates fell too far from Firefox. I don't use a lot of add-ons, but uBlock and NoScript seem to still be around in my FF. And the only registration i've seen has been completely optional.

I used Opera on my work machine for a while, but something about it rubbed me wrong, so now i use Firefox, Firefox Developer Edition, and Chrome on it too. Occasionally Edge too ?

Make sure your updates are turned off.

OMFG! Getting into Blizzcon now requires your phone uses spyware that can steal all your info.

Spoiler

Just to add some fuel to the conspiracy fire, remember that Tencent is a major investor in Activision Blizzard. I'm having a hard time believing that's a coincidence after learning what's going on with the Epic Launcher.

17 minutes ago, Reginald_001 said:

Some fucked up the Certs in Firefox and now all add-ons and plug-ins are disabled.

If you have a backup of your old profile, you can simply restore it and stay away from auto-updating anything.

That's what I did.

Took me half an hour to figure out what stupidity was behind that one.

If anyone wants their Firefox back, you might be interested in this:

https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=19826903

Basically, Mozilla released an extension to fix the problem, but they set it up so you can only get it by enabling "studies" which is yet another polite term for shitty in-browser spyware. So some enterprising soul isolated the extension file and made it available separately.

I really don't understand Mozilla. It's like they have regular board meetings where they say "Our market share isn't falling fast enough! How can speed things up?"

[edit]

The extension seems to work, BTW. I found it by googling for "mozilla latest cock up" :)

2 hours ago, DocClox said:

Basically, Mozilla released an extension to fix the problem, but they set it up so you can only get it by enabling "studies" which is yet another polite term for shitty in-browser spyware. So some enterprising soul isolated the extension file and made it available separately.

No, thank you. Win 10 has enough spyware built into it. We don't need more.

Internet Explorer is no longer a browser. It's a compatibility tool.

So says Microsoft itself :classic_laugh:

Also they're changing Edge to be Chromium-based. Nice to see them acknowledge reality. Finally.