What really pisses you off? please no posts about nexus lol

We are living in very stupid world. While waiting for my husband to come home I was reading news on the Internet. First shock : Kylian Mbappe, the soccer player worth more than 180 million of Euros. There are dozens of others whose value is over 100 million of Euros. I checked how much mine digger worth in our country. Second shock: less than 1000 Euros. Now, where is justice in this? Those soccer players mostly run or walk 90 minutes once a week and they are paid insane sum of money, while the mine digger works more than 8 hours a day, every day and his life is always in the great risk and they do not live long because of the working conditions and the gasses they are breathing regardless gas masks the wear. Totally unfair. I understand now why my Prince is angry and do not care about soccer and similar games.

1 hour ago, EvalovesEP said:

We are living in very stupid world. While waiting for my husband to come home I was reading news on the Internet. First shock : Kylian Mbappe, the soccer player worth more than 180 million of Euros. There are dozens of others whose value is over 100 million of Euros. I checked how much mine digger worth in our country. Second shock: less than 1000 Euros. Now, where is justice in this? Those soccer players mostly run or walk 90 minutes once a week and they are paid insane sum of money, while the mine digger works more than 8 hours a day, every day and his life is always in the great risk and they do not live long because of the working conditions and the gasses they are breathing regardless gas masks the wear. Totally unfair. I understand now why my Prince is angry and do not care about soccer and similar games.

I'm not sure what news you think you are reporting. Rich prosper. Poor suffer. We invent concepts like "cosmic justice" to comfort ourselves, but nothing ever changes.

24 minutes ago, Pork Type said:

I'm not sure what news you think you are reporting. Rich prosper. Poor suffer. We invent concepts like "cosmic justice" to comfort ourselves, but nothing ever changes.

> I'm not reporting anything new. I'm, just everyone else here, using my right to say what pisses me off knowing that the world won't change on better. :) We all know it and we still rant about it.

13 hours ago, Doctor Cadaver said:

Ugh, goddamn heartburn.  It gets me everytime I eat my favorite food: pizza.  Especially at night.  Fucking PITA.

I, too have annoying side effects to certain food. Cheddar Cheese? Hi, acid reflux!

On 4/24/2019 at 2:34 PM, Blaze69 said:

If that's true, then I think I'll pass on Starfield.

I came to Skyrim for the dragons (like, literally, I just saw a promotional pic for the game with a dragon on it and read a bit about it and said "sounds cool"), but the only thing that kept me there was Khajiits and Argonians, with honorary mentions to Orcs (duh), Bosmer (cannibalism and Wild Hunt, oh my!) and Dunmer (all the messed up cool lore). I can play as a human in pretty much every other game out there ever, so if you take non-humans away and couple that with all the bad stuff inherent to Bugthesda games, there is zero reason left to play. At least if they allowed Obsidian or whoever wrote New Vegas another shot at the plot, it could save the whole thing, but seeing how much I hated FO4's plot and how chances are the writing in Starfield will be as bad or even worse, don't think I'll be touching it with a ten foot pole.

I just hope they don't ever get to make an ES game set in Akavir, because they would most definitely screw up the few cool things left in the lore. They've already started turning Tsaesci from badass anthropomorphic (and possibly vampiric) snakes into lame ol' humans with snake motifs on their gear in ESO and the other recent games, I can totally see them turning Ka Po'Tun from cool-as-hell dragon-worshipping tiger people into lame ol' oomans as well (but this time Chinese, because... tigers, I guess?). Which is something I do not want to see.

As someone whom plays a people every day all day, Starfield sounds like it's going to be incredibly boring.

Cheating, as in relationships. Never understood that one really. Well, i do but i don't understand why it is the way it is, and why it has to be a thing. The idea of cheating on your partner, why? Like, if you feel like cheating on your partner, then just tell them that you don't wanna be with them anymore. People often cheat because they're not sure if they should let the current partner go just yet, before they have a strong footing on the other side. But that's just, scummy. But to be really generous, if one must cheat, they should at least be good enough to never get caught. But people get caught eventually anyway and then all the excuses show up. "It's your fault you jerk you don't pay enough attention to me anyway" "Oh you know, she was pretty hot and one thing led to another", and it's just tiresome. "Oh but i still love you" Oh you do? Really? Is that why you cheated? Cause you love me? What a load of shit. "Oh but i'll turn a new leaf, i can change" Yeah no, the chance of that happening is 2% maybe, can't rely on that.

The only way this can be justified is by having an open relationship. If it's an open relationship, go nuts, no holding back. Both get to fuck around. But both have to be okay with it and agree on. It's not cheating then, and upon knowing tons of people in such relationships i can confirm they love each other because they both agree on it and come back to each other at the end of their monthly adventures. But if it's one sided then it's just wrong. And i know NTR is a slippery slope, and tons of people find it hot (And i admit, i find it hot too. Wild, i know) but it's only hot in the confines of fiction, just like shooting people up with a machine gun for no reason is only fun in the confines of fictional video games. Some things are just not meant to be mimicked in real life.

Fairness, it's what matters the most in this world, it's what should matter the most in this world.

Whew, that was a rant... lol

1) "Skyrim will crash if you use more than 10.000 single animations"

-> Me using 24.000+ single animations and the last CTD is more than a month ago while playtime has increased by roughly 30h.

Before prominent modders come in and totally destroy me, I know this is a very subjective experience and I've gone beyond and did every trick in the book to make Oldrim as stable as possible and in general the rule is a good advice for someone with less experience (and a less powerful PC) to keep his/her Skyrim stable.

But for me, it's just wrong. And it pisses me off that many people claim that Skyrim can't be super stable and that you just have to keep it low profile mod-wise.

I run over 700 mods in MO2 and more than 300 ESPs merged down to 200. In total over 100GB of additional data. (Almost) perfectly stable.

2) "Skyrim SE is superior. 64bit is better. The engine is improved."

No. Just no. There are many reasons why Oldrim is still a more viable option. More mods, better support, better known engine hickups.

Also Bethesda was ultra lazy on the conversion to 64bit, left many bugs still in the engine and introduced many many new ones. SE is a fuucking nightmare of a remaster and an absolute no-go for me.

Moreover,

*activate Jim Sterlings voice when he talks about the triple-A videogame industry*

Just becaaause its in 64bit doesn't automatically mean its better.

*deactivate voice*

Skyrim never needed a separate environment, it never needed 64bit.

32bit + ENBoost + a good amount of brain.exe is enough to get Oldrim in a far more superior state than SE.

All this shit ever did is (somehow) split the community in Oldrim and SE modders/users. And I'm very very glad that Oldrim still gets more support than SE.

Final thoughts: /r/roastme but keep in mind, that was only my personal opinion.

Trying to install a friend's new video card. There's a reason I specialized in software: my brain leaves the building when it comes to hardware. Struggling with the PCI-e plugs for twenty minutes only to realize I needed to turn them upside down to get them to go into the ports, those screws with large and textured heads you're supposed to be able to unscrew by hand but are done so tight you still need a screwdriver (and a screwdriver ?) to deal with them, hardware architecture so packed you can't get at anything unless you've got hands the size of a child...ARGH! ?

TGIF. The next person to ask me to "help with" their computer IRL will get my ultimate fix: I'll shoot the damn thing so it can't act up ever again.

27 minutes ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

Trying to install a friend's new video card. There's a reason I specialized in software: my brain leaves the building when it comes to hardware. Struggling with the PCI-e plugs for twenty minutes only to realize I needed to turn them upside down to get them to go into the ports, those screws with large and textured heads you're supposed to be able to unscrew by hand but are done so tight you still need a screwdriver (and a screwdriver ?) to deal with them, hardware architecture so packed you can't get at anything unless you've got hands the size of a child...ARGH! ?

TGIF. The next person to ask me to "help with" their computer IRL will get my ultimate fix: I'll shoot the damn thing so it can't act up ever again.

Dude...
If I was knowing you in RL... I'd have no problem trading some easy hardware installations for some software expertise. ;)  It is as the old saying goes ... it is who you know...

So network and find some people that do good work on building computers and stuff.. then help them when their Windows software borks or something else goes wrong or some scripts to automate some backups and such...

It took me 7 hours to make a small bat file to backup my files to an external drive... :( had to learn it from scratch.. and in reality.. I didn't learn it.. I just managed to get enough understanding to do the most basic thing. (I also created a script that exports a txt file of the files included in side a folder. Looking at it now.. I have no idea what i did to get it done)  Where I have been building computers for more than 19 years in some form or another and full builds for better than 10 years.  Was even head hunted by a local tech service by someone that knows me to work for him at his shop... Funny story.. they had a problem once and two motherboards didn't work. (processor etc) and they couldn't figure it out... I asked t hem if they just ran the motherboard.. they did.. outside the box .. or post tested it but when they put it in the case, it failed.. They couldn't understand it... Ended up the goofs kept on hooking the front I/O ports to the motherboard. There was something wrong with it and causing problems with the motherboard function.  Days of work.. and ended up the customer didn't even need a new motherboard just a new case (or wires replaced to the io port.. lol)

7 minutes ago, RitualClarity said:

Dude...
If I was knowing you in RL... I'd have no problem trading some easy hardware installations for some software expertise. ;)  It is as the old saying goes ... it is who you know...

So network and find some people that do good work on building computers and stuff.. then help them when their Windows software borks or something else goes wrong or some scripts to automate some backups and such...

It took me 7 hours to make a small bat file to backup my files to an external drive... :( had to learn it from scratch.. and in reality.. I didn't learn it.. I just managed to get enough understanding to do the most basic thing. (I also created a script that exports a txt file of the files included in side a folder. Looking at it now.. I have no idea what i did to get it done)  Where I have been building computers for more than 19 years in some form or another and full builds for better than 10 years.  Was even head hunted by a local tech service by someone that knows me to work for him at his shop... Funny story.. they had a problem once and two motherboards didn't work. (processor etc) and they couldn't figure it out... I asked t hem if they just ran the motherboard.. they did.. outside the box .. or post tested it but when they put it in the case, it failed.. They couldn't understand it... Ended up the goofs kept on hooking the front I/O ports to the motherboard. There was something wrong with it and causing problems with the motherboard function.  Days of work.. and ended up the customer didn't even need a new motherboard just a new case (or wires replaced to the io port.. lol)

Intel makes a 5.00-15 dollar (actually it's 22) part to upgrade WiFi.

But the replacement-part is an unreadable mess that Intel warns against replacing "Except by a professional"

and only poring through forums do you learn which type you need.

I'll skip the part about all the teeny tiny screws on the bottom of the Mobo, this is no quickie-change.

More like major heart surgery.

It's tons easier to buy a $250 mobo and say you Built the PC yourself, but not as satisfying.

I had a rant about the PCIE-lock on the very bottom of most video-card slots you don't notice until you've broken a few,  but that's just grousing pointlessly.

I'll either ruin my WiFi forever or get less-dated WiFi.

It isn't a thing I'm looking forward to.

(I don't Even USE wifi or bluetooth but you'd think I was trying to build a radio-station. I DO play solitaire on my network-less phone)

I've re applied the thermal paste on my computer, laptop(s) and even my old Xbox 360 (need to do the second one I somehow acquired.. lol)  I've had to borrow those clip on magnifying glass tools kits to change out some screws.. so I know your pain.  But, it is very doable. the only thing I haven't actually done yet is fix capacitors or re-soldered power connectors in a laptop etc. etc.  I am currently looking into possibly getting a 3d printer (well more like building one ;))  I also have an old server that was tossed out.. has some minor issues (fails to stay on) that I am playing with.. it is an old 2u server. Just something to play with.  Will likely have to play with the next thing I haven't done yet... (voltage testing.. :D )

I am more mechanically inclined... I rewired the rear of an old 70's car brake/hazard system from the back seat to taillights due to corrosion. I did that when I was 16.. (well closer to 17 lol)

Software.. I start to understand some of what is going on (reading the scripts that get tossed around) but then get lost. I don't understand the process I can't grasp the "nature" of the task. Can't explain it better than that. 

It's tons easier to buy a $250 mobo and say you Built the PC yourself, but not as satisfying.

I don't find "satisfaction" in buying hardware and building the PC.. I am more happy with the end results.. the fact that I have exactly what I want (or at least as far as I can afford and any shortage is my decision and not relying on someone else's thought of what is needed)  I mostly like encouraging people to try to experience it for themselves.. to gain confidence in themselves to be able to do it.. or at least minor upgrades. much like many of our members here with their scripting experiences and understanding encouraging people to create and work. Also those with the skills to do 3d work (mesh/texture) etc.  Some just don't have the time to spend to settle down to do the work it takes to get over the curve and become a beginner/semi proficient user/creator of such materials.

16 hours ago, Oburael said:

I, too have annoying side effects to certain food. Cheddar Cheese? Hi, acid reflux!

Totally worth it. After all, life is about suffering after any brief pleasure ?

Software development isn't all that grand either, especially if you're stuck with legacy software restrictions. Next week i'll be attempting to make an addon dll to another program to load data from our software trough DDE.

In Visual Basic.

putting-gun-to-head.gif.ad93a0632f56baa710c71d0ed265f3ce.gif

On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 10:19 AM, Cloud1987 said:

This is may or may not be long read if you guys don't mind me posting a rant about our gaming communitys & our anime communitys if you guys don't want to read my rant you guys can skip my rant be warned this rant may or may not be a long read.

Maybe spend less time with computer games and more time learning grammar, puctuation and syntax, Some 'Clouds' have standards.

5 hours ago, RitualClarity said:

I've re applied the thermal paste on my computer, laptop(s) and even my old Xbox 360 (need to do the second one I somehow acquired.. lol)  I've had to borrow those clip on magnifying glass tools kits to change out some screws.. so I know your pain.  But, it is very doable. the only thing I haven't actually done yet is fix capacitors or re-soldered power connectors in a laptop etc. etc.  I am currently looking into possibly getting a 3d printer (well more like building one ;))  I also have an old server that was tossed out.. has some minor issues (fails to stay on) that I am playing with.. it is an old 2u server. Just something to play with.  Will likely have to play with the next thing I haven't done yet... (voltage testing..

:D )

I am more mechanically inclined... I rewired the rear of an old 70's car brake/hazard system from the back seat to taillights due to corrosion. I did that when I was 16.. (well closer to 17 lol)

Software.. I start to understand some of what is going on (reading the scripts that get tossed around) but then get lost. I don't understand the process I can't grasp the "nature" of the task. Can't explain it better than that. 

I don't find "satisfaction" in buying hardware and building the PC.. I am more happy with the end results.. the fact that I have exactly what I want (or at least as far as I can afford and any shortage is my decision and not relying on someone else's thought of what is needed)  I mostly like encouraging people to try to experience it for themselves.. to gain confidence in themselves to be able to do it.. or at least minor upgrades. much like many of our members here with their scripting experiences and understanding encouraging people to create and work. Also those with the skills to do 3d work (mesh/texture) etc.  Some just don't have the time to spend to settle down to do the work it takes to get over the curve and become a beginner/semi proficient user/creator of such materials.

You made me remember the headache of actually resoldering about 3 diodes, 2 capacitors, and an IDE port on my old Win XP system due to a 'slight' power surge....MB worked for another 2 years until I replaced it and the chipset.

Most of the rest of what you've said pretty much describes my areas of talent/difficulty (including the rewiring bit - the entire wiring system of a early model Chevelle ? ). And I absolutely respect anyone who's mental 'landscape' can clear the hurdles of Blender.....THAT 3d program seriously needs a more intuitive UI, for those of us that get totally lost trying to remember all the damn shortcut keys for menus and such....could reduce part of the 'learning curve' that most beginners complain about.

Or maybe my brain doesn't deal with 'intangibles' well....always been more hands-on in RL then conceptualizing 3D modeling in a virtual setting.

3 hours ago, Chbaakal said:

You made me remember the headache of actually resoldering about 3 diodes, 2 capacitors, and an IDE port on my old Win XP system due to a 'slight' power surge....MB worked for another 2 years until I replaced it and the chipset.

Most of the rest of what you've said pretty much describes my areas of talent/difficulty (including the rewiring bit - the entire wiring system of a early model Chevelle ? ). And I absolutely respect anyone who's mental 'landscape' can clear the hurdles of Blender.....THAT 3d program seriously needs a more intuitive UI, for those of us that get totally lost trying to remember all the damn shortcut keys for menus and such....could reduce part of the 'learning curve' that most beginners complain about.

Or maybe my brain doesn't deal with 'intangibles' well....always been more hands-on in RL then conceptualizing 3D modeling in a virtual setting.

I don't have time... or if I would have a white board above my desk with the shortcuts printed on it for quick reference until I learned them well enough to not need that. :P

One thing to do with that problem is try to create hard visuals for you to work with... physical or mental (if that works)  Same thing some might have done in old school chemistry class where they build the molecule.

11 hours ago, Chbaakal said:

the hurdles of Blender.....THAT 3d program seriously needs a more intuitive UI, for those of us that get totally lost trying to remember all the damn shortcut keys for menus and such....could reduce part of the 'learning curve' that most beginners complain about.

Fuck Blender.  Actually, no.  Fuck the Blender Community.  Fuck their API "rewrites" that just transpose a variable name.  Fuck their shitty documentation and fuck their inability to hire a fucking technical writer to fix that shit they can damned well afford to fucking do that....  fucking dutch bastards and their shitty fanboys.

Somehow, somewhere, Crash Fixes got removed from my Skyrim. I was tearing my hair out trying to figure out why I kept crashing whenever I tried to enter Whiterun until I finally Googled the question. Now I feel like a total idiot (no donkey emoji to show how I really feel) because it was something so simple. But then it's always the simple things that trip me up the most. :classic_angry:

1 hour ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

Somehow, somewhere, Crash Fixes got removed from my Skyrim. I was tearing my hair out trying to figure out why I kept crashing whenever I tried to enter Whiterun until I finally Googled the question. Now I feel like a total idiot (no donkey emoji to show how I really feel) because it was something so simple. But then it's always the simple things that trip me up the most. :classic_angry:

I really do sympathize. A modded Skyrim game is a joy. It can be so many different games by changing around the mods. The down side is that there are a relatively large number of steps (over and above just loading Skyrim) to making it a stable and pleasant experience. I don't know how you lost Crash Fixes, but to others who are struggling without knowing (or remembering) what they need let me recommend:

2 hours ago, Psalam said:
Spoiler

I really do sympathize. A modded Skyrim game is a joy. It can be so many different games by changing around the mods. The down side is that there are a relatively large number of steps (over and above just loading Skyrim) to making it a stable and pleasant experience. I don't know how you lost Crash Fixes, but to others who are struggling without knowing (or remembering) what they need let me recommend:

I think I deleted it by mistake, thinking it was incorporated into a custom (dumping ground) folder I created in MO/MO2 to contain things that don't belong anywhere else. The presence of a Crash Fixes log in it fooled me. :classic_blush:

5 hours ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

Somehow my Skyrim got removed from my Skyrim. Not once did I press Uninstall on Steam (As far I remember). I'll go with the saying "shit happens". This is why you back up your game.

On 4/23/2019 at 5:19 AM, Cloud1987 said:

This is may or may not be long read if you guys don't mind me posting a rant about our gaming communitys & our anime communitys if you guys don't want to read my rant you guys can skip my rant be warned this rant may or may not be a long ...

“SJW’s ?” Beta males??? Pretty sure this site is 18 plus. These are the opinions of a 14 year old who went down a YouTube rabbit hole.