This release features better detection of other mods using overlay slots, which improves compatibility. @botticelli contributed the patch and compiled the LE version.

Does this mod include the "infinite slots" version posted in the thread?

Also I think Osmel mentioned something about a better SE version patched for LE?

I cannot find much information, but can maybe the modders making patches all work together to make one version that has it all?

@OsmelMC
@botticelli

@LinaHirata

as posted in this post:

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/25398-slavetats/page/151/?tab=comments#comment-3372276

It works quite flawless in many hours of gameplay.
Would just be nice to have one perfect version. Because now I cant have infinite slots AND the latest " better detection of mods " I think :(

1 hour ago, Nymra said:

Does this mod include the "infinite slots" version posted in the thread?

Also I think Osmel mentioned something about a better SE version patched for LE?

I cannot find much information, but can maybe the modders making patches all work together to make one version that has it all?

@OsmelMC
@botticelli

@LinaHirata

as posted in this post:

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/25398-slavetats/page/151/?tab=comments#comment-3372276

It works quite flawless in many hours of gameplay.
Would just be nice to have one perfect version. Because now I cant have infinite slots AND the latest " better detection of mods " I think :(

The SE version is better than the LE on many levels and is really easy to Patch. On my last comment about, I was saying that separate versions are not really required because you can make it work on LE and SE at the same time with just add one line of code.

1 hour ago, OsmelMC said:

The SE version is better than the LE on many levels and is really easy to Patch. On my last comment about, I was saying that separate versions are not really required because you can make it work on LE and SE at the same time with just add one line of code.

but SE has still only 12 slots, no?
or do you mean the SE with unlimited slots from the post?

sorry confused ?

17 hours ago, Nymra said:

but SE has still only 12 slots, no?
or do you mean the SE with unlimited slots from the post?

sorry confused ?

I'm talking about the official one, but taking in consideration that the one of the post don't talk about use the SE for LE, I suppose that also are too different without reason like in the official version.

20 hours ago, tieyourshoe said:

I have an issue where everything works great on the player character but when i try to apply the tats on npcs nothing shows up on their bodies?

anyone knows why?

By default, NiOverride overlays are player-only. Check SKSE\Plugins\nioverride.ini, scroll down to the "Overlays" section, and set bPlayerOnly to 1.

On 6/23/2021 at 3:32 AM, BrookeButt said:

Androol's packs will absolutely not work for me in SE. I used the AIO pack originally, then tried just Slavetats and Elf Meets Orc. No luck. I tried changing the Androol.js to a .json and that didn't work, then I tried putting the .dds 's into another folder and added the lines to that folder's .json. Still nothing. I'm at a loss for why this is. Would appreciate any help. Does SE not work with packs that use .js? I don't think any of the non .json packs work.

Edit: oh and I don't know if this is specific to SE. but I do know it worked fine for me years ago on LE.

Unfortunately I don't think these work for SE. I've tried numerous fixes and nothing seemed to work. Unless he updates it himself, I doubt they will work for SE.

They do work for me on SE.

Did you optimize them for SE?

1. Extract the archive to a new folder (Androol SE, for example).
  2. Change the extension of the .js file(s) to .json. Or I guess you could open it in Notepad++ and save it as a .json file, then delete the .js file.
  3. Use Cathedral Assets Optimizer (that's the tool I know) to update the assets for SE use
  4. Create a new archive with your updated files
  5. Install, and if using Slavetats v1.3.5.2 or later, register them in the Slavetats MCM? BTW I use the older Slavetats, 1.3.0.

If it still doesn't work, you can try checking the .json file for errors, though I don't know why there would be any. Jsonlint is a useful tool.

The more tats you have, the more time it will take to show up in the MCM.

And that's all my knowledge. If it doesn't help you, maybe it'll help somebody else. :(

Been using this quite a lot on a long play through but new actors have stopped appearing in the selection menu, looking though it i have 127 actors showing in the drop down that appears

Is there a limit to the number it can display and if so is there a way to remove the older actors (i.e. ones i tat'd ages ago) to allow new NPC's to show in the list

EDIT: Well either by magic or luck editting of this

;    int num_sections = JArray.count(sections)
;    if num_sections > 300
;        num_sections = 300
;    endif

loop_count = JArray.count(targets)

if loop_count > 300
        loop_count = 300
    endif

From 127 to 300 new actors have started to appear again once i finally managed to get the script to compile

Edited by pinky6225
2 hours ago, pinky6225 said:

Been using this quite a lot on a long play through but new actors have stopped appearing in the selection menu, looking though it i have 127 actors showing in the drop down that appears

Is there a limit to the number it can display and if so is there a way to remove the older actors (i.e. ones i tat'd ages ago) to allow new NPC's to show in the list

EDIT: Well either by magic or luck editting of this

;    int num_sections = JArray.count(sections)
;    if num_sections > 300
;        num_sections = 300
;    endif

loop_count = JArray.count(targets)

if loop_count > 300
        loop_count = 300
    endif

From 127 to 300 new actors have started to appear again once i finally managed to get the script to compile

That is unsafe, just so you know. The things being looped over are eventually added to Papyrus arrays, and Papyrus arrays can't contain more than 127 items. It might work sometimes, if you're lucky about how the items get dealt out into the arrays, but it might also crash your game with no obvious reason.

18 minutes ago, murfk said:

That is unsafe, just so you know. The things being looped over are eventually added to Papyrus arrays, and Papyrus arrays can't contain more than 127 items. It might work sometimes, if you're lucky about how the items get dealt out into the arrays, but it might also crash your game with no obvious reason.

:( and there i thought i was being clever

Is there a method that could be used for clearing old values from the array? thinking peeps that you tattoo'd a while ago so say slots 1 to 49?

On 7/27/2021 at 11:55 AM, pinky6225 said:

:( and there i thought i was being clever

Is there a method that could be used for clearing old values from the array? thinking peeps that you tattoo'd a while ago so say slots 1 to 49?

It's stored in the SKSE co-save file. If you know of a co-save editor (I don't) you could use that to edit it.

Maybe simpler, you can change line 207 of SlaveTatsMCMMenu.psc from

int known = JDB.solveObj(".SlaveTatsMenu.known_targets")

to

int known = 0

and recompile the script. After that, SlaveTats will forget the recent list each time you open the MCM menu.

On 7/17/2021 at 12:13 PM, murfk said:

Gremlin304's problem was a colon in the JSON file immediately before a comma, where it shouldn't have been. Possibly also an incorrect space in the file name. That's the sort of problem jsonlint helps you find and fix.

Your issue isn't necessarily an issue at all; you can ignore those errors with no problem. However, what those errors are telling you is that Slave Tats is trying to read a bunch of folders and a dds file as if they were JSON files, which obviously won't work. That suggests you might be using an old version of JContainers, or possibly the LE version of Slave Tats on SE.

oh ok thank you, I just wanted to know if it was a problem but since u said i can just ignore them, then i'll do that ?

4 hours ago, Atmogenic said:

oh ok thank you, I just wanted to know if it was a problem but since u said i can just ignore them, then i'll do that ?

I think there was another message being said there

JContainers, make sure you're using  the most current version

13 hours ago, murfk said:

It's stored in the SKSE co-save file. If you know of a co-save editor (I don't) you could use that to edit it.

Maybe simpler, you can change line 207 of SlaveTatsMCMMenu.psc from

int known = JDB.solveObj(".SlaveTatsMenu.known_targets")

to

int known = 0

and recompile the script. After that, SlaveTats will forget the recent list each time you open the MCM menu.

only SKSE co-saver i know of is NetImmerse Override Cleaner SE which is a all or nothing program though, doesn't let you select what to clean/edit

Tried amending the script like you said and i had to edit line 323 as well to int known = 0 as well but then it is only showing the actors nearby

Target.jpg.7fd155345339115bfe6aee9d485037a1.jpg

Adding a tat seemed to work fine, thanks for your help

Great mod, thank you - I first used (something) like this in FO4 and am happy it's available in Skyrim.

I'd like to request a MCM lockout option - like rapetats/fadetats and public whore already do, but for the remaining slots. After all, some of these are not body writing, but tattoos that are suppoesed to be permament on the PC ... so it would be nice to have this options after settling for some combination.

I do hope this is the correct thread I can ask a question about SE, too.

Are the number of slots hardcoded, and is there a possibiltiy to move existing slavetats to the racemenu? The number of "free" slots gets deminished a lot if the mod is combined with rapetats and sta - which both lock some slots for their use.

1 hour ago, BillyG said:

Are the number of slots hardcoded, and is there a possibiltiy to move existing slavetats to the racemenu? The number of "free" slots gets deminished a lot if the mod is combined with rapetats and sta - which both lock some slots for their use.

The mod supports having all the NiOverride layers as tats, but the MCM has a hard limit due to how it was written. There's a modified version with a rewritten MCM to account for that.