7 hours ago, YojimboRatchet said:

Is there a reason why, when i go into the face menu to add a tattoo, it removed the body tattoos that i set up through racemenu ? my body freckles disappear totally whenever i do this.

That's not supposed to happen. Slave Tats tries to avoid messing with overlays added by other sources.

20 hours ago, bruhfrman said:

Are these female only?

Slave Tats isn't, but the positioning of a tattoo depends on the UV coordinates of the body mesh, so tats designed for, say, CBBE won't work too well on UNP, and may be very distorted on SAM. No reason you can't find tats that were made for SAM though.

15 minutes ago, DavidWillers said:

I am using the CBBE Body for females and i am wondering why the toenail polish and finger nail polish not works (from the Makeup tats). It seems to barley be able to cover the toe nails for example. Could it be that the tats were designed for UNP only or smth?

And if I use the CBBE version I am unable to change the color from black to anything else

The mod stopped working for me.
On version 1.3.6, tattoos are not added, I can select them, but they are not applied to the character. In particular, SLUTS does not apply their tattoos either.
And with version 1.3.7 it is even worse - the package names are displayed (first line), but the menu of the tattoos themselves is empty.

What to do?

I play Skyrim LE.

On 9/16/2021 at 8:24 AM, stas2503 said:

The mod stopped working for me.
On version 1.3.6, tattoos are not added, I can select them, but they are not applied to the character. In particular, SLUTS does not apply their tattoos either.
And with version 1.3.7 it is even worse - the package names are displayed (first line), but the menu of the tattoos themselves is empty.

What to do?

I play Skyrim LE.

1.3.7 has only been released for SE so far (compiling it for LE should work, but I only have the SE toolkit available anymore). What you're seeing there is the same as what others who have tried to use 1.3.7 on LE without recompiling have seen.

The problem you're seeing on 1.3.6 is mysterious. I'm afraid I don't have an explanation for that.

On 9/16/2021 at 4:44 AM, DavidWillers said:

And if I use the CBBE version I am unable to change the color from black to anything else

It's quite possible that the makeup tats you're trying to use were designed for UNP and use different texture coordinates that the modern CBBE bodies.

If the CBBE tattoos you're trying to use have the black color built in to them, you would not be able to change the color. Tats need to use a specific fill color to allow color changing.

13 hours ago, murfk said:

1.3.7 has only been released for SE so far (compiling it for LE should work, but I only have the SE toolkit available anymore). What you're seeing there is the same as what others who have tried to use 1.3.7 on LE without recompiling have seen.

That is, I can just run the CK LE and Compile the scripts of the mod?

Upd: started recompilation and this error appears.

Spoiler

Starting 1 compile threads for 1 files...
Compiling "SlaveTatsOnLoad"...
E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SlaveTatsOnLoad.psc(20,17): root is not a function or does not exist
E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SlaveTatsOnLoad.psc(20,17): cannot call the member function root alone or on a type, must call it on a variable
E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SlaveTatsOnLoad.psc(20,8): type mismatch while assigning to a int (cast missing or types unrelated)
No output generated for SlaveTatsOnLoad, compilation failed.

Batch compile of 1 files finished. 0 succeeded, 1 failed.
Failed on SlaveTatsOnLoad

int db = JDB.root()

Is this from Jcontainers? I have it.

The problem you're seeing on 1.3.6 is mysterious. I'm afraid I don't have an explanation for that.

I have solved this problem. It turns out Diary of Mine was overwriting SlaveTats.pex.

Edited by stas2503
52 minutes ago, stas2503 said:

Reveal hidden contents

E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SlaveTatsOnLoad.psc(20,17): root is not a function or does not exist
E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SlaveTatsOnLoad.psc(20,17): cannot call the member function root alone or on a type, must call it on a variable
E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SlaveTatsOnLoad.psc(20,8): type mismatch while assigning to a int (cast missing or types unrelated)

int db = JDB.root()

That's a problem with JContainers. If you have it, you should check that you have the most recent version.

53 minutes ago, stas2503 said:

Reveal hidden contents

int db = JDB.root()

I have solved this problem. It turns out Diary of Mine was overwriting SlaveTats.pex.

Why in the world does Diary of Mine overwrite SlaveTats.pex?

2 hours ago, murfk said:

That's a problem with JContainers. If you have it, you should check that you have the most recent version.

I have 3.0RC1 worth
3.0RC3 for some reason does not work for me with SL Anim Loader.

2 hours ago, murfk said:

Why in the world does Diary of Mine overwrite SlaveTats.pex?

Do not know.

Edited by stas2503
30 minutes ago, chaimhewast said:

Running its source through a diff-checker, it looks like it's from 1.3.6 but with all the notifications disabled. No idea why that's included in a seemingly unrelated mod though.

Especially since there's already a way to turn off the notification.

1 hour ago, xAlexxxxxx said:

face tattoos don't work, what should I do?

Face tats are turned off by default since in some cases they can cause CTDs on decapitation.

For LE edit nioverride.ini, for SE edit skee64.ini. They are well commented, you should easily find the right line to change to enable face tats.

9 hours ago, xAlexxxxxx said:

face tattoos don't work, what should I do?

7 hours ago, PubliusNV said:

Face tats are turned off by default since in some cases they can cause CTDs on decapitation.

For LE edit nioverride.ini, for SE edit skee64.ini. They are well commented, you should easily find the right line to change to enable face tats.

In MO2, the path is here:

MO2\mods\RaceMenu Special Edition\SKSE\Plugins (assuming the path is identical on LE)

As PubliusNV stated, look for the skee64.ini file (for SE) or the nioverride.ini (for LE)

I've never played LE so not sure how the INI file looks, but on SE, there are 4 values you need to change. there is a max though for the overlays which is 12.

This is what mine looks like (the values you need to change are bold green)

Spoiler

[Overlays/Body] ; "Body [Ovl#]" and "Body [SOvl#]"
; Determines how many body overlays there should be
iNumOverlays=12 ; Default[6]
iSpellOverlays=1 ; Default[1]

[Overlays/Hands] ; "Hands [Ovl#]" and "Hands [SOvl#]"
; Determines how many hand overlays there should be
iNumOverlays=12 ; Default[3]

[Overlays/Feet] ; "Feet [Ovl#]" and "Feet [SOvl#]"
; Determines how many feet overlays there should be

[Overlays/Face] ; "Face [Ovl#]" and "Face [SOvl#]"
; Determines how many face overlays there should be
iSpellOverlays=0 ; Default[1]

Hope this helps

• 2 weeks later...

I have big problem in face tattoo. I have always two external tattoo greyed out. ( I have Apropos2 tears option eliminate, so have no tears on eyes.)

Whenever my PC have sex, she has tears on her eyes, always, even if  I have tears and wears off from MCM menu of Apropos2.

How can permanently off the greyed external tattoo in Slavetats MCM menu? Thank you in advance for your support !

Hello there,

So I am running into a strange bug that popped up lately and I cannot for the life of me figure out what could be the cause.

I am running SkyrimSE (and using the SE version of slavetats).

Initially it worked as it should, however, now tattoos do not show up on the body.

The weird part is, they DO show up on the other parts (face, hands, feet).

Any idea what could cause this behaviour and how to solve it?