Spacesicklama Posted June 10 Posted June 10 Hi! ive looked at the the previous threads but i couldnt find a fix for my issue so here it is. when i apply a tat it majority of the time it doesnt show on the body when i leave mcm. it does however update and show the tatto after i go into racemenu and leave again. i feel like it might be a very simple fix to this but i couldnt explicitly find a case like this. im on 1.6.1170 with newest racemenu and all the mods up to date since last week. any and all helpp is extremly appreciated
ocularfinding Posted June 22 Posted June 22 On 3/21/2026 at 6:28 AM, Ar4chnid said: Bit of a necro here, but I'm having the same situation. Did you ever find a solution? For some reason, it only seems to apply to body, face and hands, not feet. Are you on Linux? This fixes the 3 slot problem. I had the same thing, then I realized after disabling SlaveTats NG that SE was only detecting 3 slots even though I changed skee64.ini to have more.
lolzao123 Posted July 13 Posted July 13 Hi, I’m having an issue with SlaveTats where the tattoos apply normally, but as soon as I change cells, go through a loading screen, fast travel, or reload a save, the tattoos disappear. The tattoos still appear to be assigned in the SlaveTats MCM, but they are no longer visible on my character. Reapplying or refreshing them makes them visible again, but they disappear after the next loading screen. Has anyone experienced this before? Could this be caused by a RaceMenu/NiOverride issue, a missing requirement, or another mod overwriting the overlays?
iraido Posted July 28 Posted July 28 I searched through the entire thread and the following issue has been brought up a few times, but never fully explained or answered : When the load order changes, and therefore the Base/Reference IDs of tattooed NPCs (such as adding a new mod), they will lose their tattoos. If a change is made to their tattoo setup in the MCM, they all come back. This does not happen systematically, as the addition of an armor mod for example, is unlikely to result in a change of IDs for NPCs. It is also highly unlikely to affect Vanilla NPCs because their IDs are unchanged since they load before anything else, Therefore, this mostly affects custom followers (which most of us out there have), and NPCs added by mods. The issue is fairly easy to reproduce on my end : -Install SlaveTats -boot up, wait for MCM, register packs, give tattoos to a custom/mod-added NPC. -save & quit -launch again, tattoos still there. -install a new mod that adds NPCs/Follower(s), or anything that might result in your custom NPC's IDs changing. (One that loads before your tattooed non-vanilla NPC once the load order is sorted) -launch the game, if their IDs have changed, the tattoos are gone on that one custom NPC/follower, unless manually reapplied by a change in the MCM. Is there any way to fix this ? Thanks.
Onilink69 Posted August 27 Posted August 27 Just discovered that JContainers NG mess with your mod (that i love and used for years!!!). Recently got the error target is not compatible with overlay and fixed it by getting rid of JCNG. Maybe it wasn't exactly because of the mod but the load order but now i can put good ink marks on my character again. Maybe put a little warning about JContainersNG for the future.
dozing_off22 Posted September 4 Posted September 4 On 7/13/2026 at 11:03 AM, lolzao123 said: Hi, I’m having an issue with SlaveTats where the tattoos apply normally, but as soon as I change cells, go through a loading screen, fast travel, or reload a save, the tattoos disappear. The tattoos still appear to be assigned in the SlaveTats MCM, but they are no longer visible on my character. Reapplying or refreshing them makes them visible again, but they disappear after the next loading screen. Has anyone experienced this before? Could this be caused by a RaceMenu/NiOverride issue, a missing requirement, or another mod overwriting the overlays? Have you found the solution? It's getting on my nerves been searching all over the internet
dunb Posted September 5 Posted September 5 Help I am completely stumped on why the mod isn't working Everything is fine and i get no warnings and all data loades correctly. But when i try to use it it says finishing adding tattoo and changes nothing I'm guessing its an overlay issue as far as I know I haven't tampered with overlays until now, except maybe racemenu did something idk, it also might be bc im running seperate patch for racemenu cuz racemenu doesnt have a updated ver yet idk just guessing I'm running SE lastest ver with major mods including DD, PAHE, MME & slavetats lemme know if a full load order is necessary
dunb Posted September 7 Posted September 7 On 9/5/2026 at 8:37 PM, dunb said: Help I am completely stumped on why the mod isn't working Everything is fine and i get no warnings and all data loades correctly. But when i try to use it it says finishing adding tattoo and changes nothing I'm guessing its an overlay issue as far as I know I haven't tampered with overlays until now, except maybe racemenu did something idk, it also might be bc im running seperate patch for racemenu cuz racemenu doesnt have a updated ver yet idk just guessing I'm running SE lastest ver with major mods including DD, PAHE, MME & slavetats lemme know if a full load order is necessary update i literally removed every single mod except slavetats, alt life start and it still doesn't work
Dorabella Posted September 7 Posted September 7 10 minutes ago, dunb said: update i literally removed every single mod except slavetats, alt life start and it still doesn't work Have you downgraded Skyrim? 15 minutes ago, dunb said: alt life start Turn it off and start Skyrim by playing the Helgen prologue . When you have MCM open, go to Slavetats; there should be an option on the right-hand panel that says “Update/Register” or something like that. Close MCM and wait a few seconds, then open MCM and check if it works
dunb Posted September 8 Posted September 8 On 9/7/2026 at 3:25 PM, Dorabella said: Have you downgraded Skyrim? Turn it off and start Skyrim by playing the Helgen prologue . When you have MCM open, go to Slavetats; there should be an option on the right-hand panel that says “Update/Register” or something like that. Close MCM and wait a few seconds, then open MCM and check if it works no i use the newest version and is still waiting for racemenu's official release did that but i think i'll have to wait for racemenu update for it to work
chasm Posted September 10 Posted September 10 Anyone have an idea why SlaveTats no longer sees nearby NPCs? It now only lists me and the couple of characters I edited long ago.
folksybuffs Posted September 11 Posted September 11 is it possible to save tattoos as presets within the mod mcm and load them or swap them with other tattoo presets created at anytime?
titlover123 Posted Friday at 10:12 AM Posted Friday at 10:12 AM (edited) Finally got back to modding skyrim again after a long hiatus and after having re-installed this mod I find myself with a lot less tattoo slots than I remember, can a hero here please remind me how to increase the tattoo slot amount? Edit: Iam an idiot and did not read the green text on the main page... "If you change the number of overlays in nioverride.ini, SlaveTats will change how many tattoo slots it provides." Edited Friday at 02:54 PM by titlover123
fkt Posted 11 hours ago Posted 11 hours ago E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Source\Scripts\SlaveTats.psc(464,18): dest is not a variable E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Source\Scripts\SlaveTats.psc(464,11): type mismatch on parameter 1 (did you forget a cast?) E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Source\Scripts\SlaveTats.psc(471,16): dest is not a variable E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Source\Scripts\SlaveTats.psc(471,8): type mismatch on parameter 1 (did you forget a cast?) E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Source\Scripts\SlaveTats.psc(485,32): dest is not a variable E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Source\Scripts\SlaveTats.psc(485,24): type mismatch on parameter 1 (did you forget a cast?) Please tell me what is causing these errors. Everything compiled without errors before. I'm using JContainers SE 4.3, SKSE 2.2.6, game downgraded to 1.6.1170, CreationKit downgraded to 1.6.1378.1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now