On 8/20/2021 at 3:30 AM, Herowynne said:

Occasionally, however, you can get a more serious issue such that about 2/3 of your screen is black. To fix that, you must open the map and then close the map.

Ah, I have run into this issue once in a very long while. Is it a sign of Bad Things happening under the hood, or is it just a visual glitch of no consequence?

7 hours ago, Buridan said:

Is it a sign of Bad Things happening under the hood, or is it just a visual glitch of no consequence?

That is a good question! Unfortunately, I do not know how serious that problem is.

I have used the open map/close map workaround and continued to play the game, and it seems to be okay, but who knows? It might be messed up?

Hey, @murfk. I've been trying to make my own pack, but i end up with making my entire character's body painted pink. I'm using Photoshop's Nvidia plugin to export as DDS, using BC7, RGBA, 8bpp explicit alpha, 2048x2048 resolution. For some reason in any other mod folders image file icons do show up as small preview pictures, whilst mine just has Photoshop logo. Could you, please, give any advice on what should i do or what other software to work with DDS i should use? Thank you!

Edited by paparebbe
57 minutes ago, paparebbe said:

Hey, @murfk. I've been trying to make my own pack, but i end up with making my entire character's body painted pink. I'm using Photoshop's Nvidia plugin to export as DDS, using BC7, RGBA, 8bpp explicit alpha, 2048x2048 resolution. For some reason in any other mod folders image file icons do show up as small preview pictures, whilst mine just has Photoshop logo. Could you, please, give any advice on what should i do or what other software to work with DDS i should use? Thank you!

I suggest giving Paint.NET a try

9 hours ago, paparebbe said:

Don't use BC7 on slavetats. That breaks it. Use BC1 or BC3. That's also why it doesn't show up with a preview, but that's because windows can't decode the newer formats not because of a problem with the file.

Eh, BC1 and BC3 still paint the entire body pink. Could it be because of 2k res texture? 1k res isn't sufficient for small details unfortunately.
In the meantime did a few more tats:

Spoiler

image.png.b7cd60c2539f029a5cf71e2b51c4f1b9.png

image.png.2a900e442e9cfc139dd2efdfdea96ac2.png

image.png.4a4a6a502f12d7f0ec9bc42e7167148d.png

What really bothers me with most Slavetats packs is that they use some types of fonts pretty much all the time and that's not how tattoos usually look. Especially the ones that are being applied to someone who's not really willing to get those in the first place. So a bit scuffy, less than ideally straight lines, etc. This is why i do everything by hand-painting.

Edited by paparebbe
23 hours ago, paparebbe said:

If you have transparency in your image (including faded text) then export as BC5 , 7 or 11 (11 is seemingly only supported by SE though, so keep that in mind)

If you have no transparency, 1 or 3 are fine.

Also, the advice of using Paint.Net is a good one, even if it's just to re-save it in the proper format. Gimp has never worked properly for me with dds files. The Nvidia plugins didn't help either. I tend to edit in Gimp, save as a highquality PNG then re save in Paint.Net with the proper compression, works pretty much everytime

Edited by aranious
1 hour ago, aranious said:

If you have transparency in your image (including faded text) then export as BC5 , 7 or 11 (11 is seemingly only supported by SE though, so keep that in mind)

If you have no transparency, 1 or 3 are fine.

The problem is - i did try BC7 first - didn't work, BC5 - same, i've been advised to use 1 or 3 - still no success. And yes, i do use transparency, it's a requirement for the Slavetats in order for them to work. Paint.NET didn't work either. I'm not sure what i'm doing wrong at this point tbh.

Spoiler

image.png.d734c71316bc6be22e9fc9a3f3e4e645.png

image.png.108cac6273d4b19fa46ee0586dd8ff58.png

image.png.87b4b907b1061e976c272315bb900fba.png

Did some more whork anyways.

1 hour ago, paparebbe said:

The problem is - i did try BC7 first - didn't work, BC5 - same, i've been advised to use 1 or 3 - still no success. And yes, i do use transparency, it's a requirement for the Slavetats in order for them to work. Paint.NET didn't work either. I'm not sure what i'm doing wrong at this point tbh.

Hide contents

image.png.d734c71316bc6be22e9fc9a3f3e4e645.png

image.png.108cac6273d4b19fa46ee0586dd8ff58.png

image.png.87b4b907b1061e976c272315bb900fba.png

Did some more whork anyways.

yeah sorry I meant transparency in the sense of the actual tattoo, like a semen shader effect, that'd have to be saved differently from just a fully coloured tattoo, but seems like you know that anyway. 

Really surprising that PDN isn't working, I find it's more reliable than Gimp or Photoshop for opening & exporting DDS files so far. 

Only possible thing I can think of is the texture resolution, you're sure the layer you're exporting is measured correctly? I only ask cause it's caught me out a few times before, where wrong dimensions would even crash the game sometimes, that or give me a purely white skin. 

17 hours ago, paparebbe said:

Eh, BC1 and BC3 still paint the entire body pink. Could it be because of 2k res texture? 1k res isn't sufficient for small details unfortunately.
In the meantime did a few more tats:

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.b7cd60c2539f029a5cf71e2b51c4f1b9.png

image.png.2a900e442e9cfc139dd2efdfdea96ac2.png

image.png.4a4a6a502f12d7f0ec9bc42e7167148d.png

What really bothers me with most Slavetats packs is that they use some types of fonts pretty much all the time and that's not how tattoos usually look. Especially the ones that are being applied to someone who's not really willing to get those in the first place. So a bit scuffy, less than ideally straight lines, etc. This is why i do everything by hand-painting.

Send me one of the files to look at. I've been making my own slave tats pack and learned a fair bit about how finagle it into doing what I want.

Hi all, quick question about tattoos for faces. I notice that regular Racemenu overlays (like community overlays or any sort of warpaint mod) have dds files where the actual pattern is usually white or a really light gray but the field of the rest of the texture is black. If I just try to add that using Slavetats, the face also applies that mostly black field. Can anyone tell my why this happens or if/how Slavetats could be recognize the texture properly? 

On 8/29/2021 at 12:03 AM, paparebbe said:

Some of my stuff in game:

Reveal hidden contents

20210829015431_1.jpg.d6b811d97d83ee3e82a12386e511d3ba.jpg20210829015524_1.jpg.b19c05bc4e2b3c6b75863342123e538e.jpg20210829015642_1.jpg.645f971c31be25ec14d02969c5586737.jpg20210829015756_1.jpg.7673327d0c6402ee340970db8f3f3ff3.jpg20210829020013_1.jpg.684804a29cc55cb27beb5d26b675a574.jpg20210829020130_1.jpg.72fe6dea59abe59e275bb202f070535c.jpg

If anyone wants to try it out - here's the link

Although I am not a big fan of satanic thematic, I really like your pack - am using several tats from the set now. By the way, could you please add also a second garter tattoo? Right now, as far as I remember, only left thigh tattoo is there - I like it and would be cool to have a matching set.

3 hours ago, m0rdr3d0 said:

Although I am not a big fan of satanic thematic, I really like your pack - am using several tats from the set now. By the way, could you please add also a second garter tattoo? Right now, as far as I remember, only left thigh tattoo is there - I like it and would be cool to have a matching set.

Sure thing, i'll do it once i'll have some spare time on hands. Glad you liked it!

On 8/30/2021 at 12:31 PM, kcs27 said:

I am running the newest version of slavetats for SE and none of the tattoo packs that I down loaded from this page appear in game when installed, has anyone else run into this issue?

I think the answer to that is here (H/T @Buridan )   Add a new pack, click on the add/remove text and they should then appear

But I can't get the latest versions to work with RapeTats.  Nothing appears in the Rapetats MCM, but go back to Slavetats and the Rapetats Settings options and available Tats pages appear there.  Maybe you just need to wait for longer, but others seem to have had similar troubles

EDIT:   1.3.5.2 DOES work with RapeTats - no idea why - but you do have to wait for a while as it finds all the tats you have installed

Edited by donkeywho

Hey, folks!

Is it possible to look up somewhere which of the mods occupy 2 out of 3 body tatoo slots? In the Slave Tats' MCM it just says "External". When I type "showracemenu" and click on "Body paint" (or how it's called) section, it says "spank_ass_light" and "spank_breasts_light" (or something of a sort). The color for them both is transparent, when I change it - the tatoo becomes visible.. But can I see wich mod are those 2 from.. or simply delete them somehow and free those slots?

Oh and also about slots.. in the nioverride.ini file I have:

[Overlays/Body] ; "Body [Ovl#]" and "Body [SOvl#]"
; Determines how many body overlays there should be
iNumOverlays=6 ; Default[6]

but still I somehow have only 3 slots for body tatoos both in SlaveTats and in Racemenu. Even when I increased this 6 to a higher number. I also tried the "no slots limit" version of this mod wich was posted here, but nothing changed :(

Can someone please tell me - is it something wrong with my game?

UPD: Or please tell me the way to make more then just 3 slots...

UPD2: OK, I've figured out (I think) that those 2 occupied slots are a leftover from SpankThatAss mod.. The problem is - I've just installed and removed this mod again - and they are still there :( Is there any way to remove them?

UPD3: Made it! The solution was very simple actually. I've just opened a Racemenu and changed that two "spank_breasts_light" and "spank_ass_light" tatoos to the "default" and voila, the slots are free and unlocked in SlaveTats!

But the question remains though - why there's only 3 body slots when it's already 6 by default in nioverride.ini and I even changed it higher.. Any ideas.. anyone?

Edited by evilblade

Hello, ive been trying to install this mod on my se skyrim today and i couldn't get it to work. What i get is the sign that says ''This version of slavetats uses version 3 or greater of Jcontainers API, you have a different version installed'', i tried installing and reinstalling jcontainers and slavetats various times and i cant seem to get it to work, so i have to ask for help. Thanks in advanced  

I had problems getting the ElfMeetOrc pack to work but i found a solution (that was probably somewhere here but i couldn't find it) 

so what i did was:

Open ElfMeetOrc by clicking "open in file manager" in vortex then go textures>actors>character>slavetats. right click the JS file and click "edit" then copy everything in the notepad document and run it through this https://jsonlint.com.

After that open another pack that has a JSON file instead of a js file and copy it over to the one you're trying to change is located. Open/Edit the JSON file and copy what you got from jsonlint into the JSON file and rename it to the name of the js file.

That's how i got the pack to appear and i hope it's a valid strategy and not just me being lucky as fuck. Hope it helped

5 hours ago, Lusask2 said:

I had problems getting the ElfMeetOrc pack to work but i found a solution (that was probably somewhere here but i couldn't find it) 

so what i did was:

Open ElfMeetOrc by clicking "open in file manager" in vortex then go textures>actors>character>slavetats. right click the JS file and click "edit" then copy everything in the notepad document and run it through this https://jsonlint.com.

After that open another pack that has a JSON file instead of a js file and copy it over to the one you're trying to change is located. Open/Edit the JSON file and copy what you got from jsonlint into the JSON file and rename it to the name of the js file.

That's how i got the pack to appear and i hope it's a valid strategy and not just me being lucky as fuck. Hope it helped

It's valid but needlessly complex. Just rename the .js file to .json