Hello,

I am kind of new to modding and fell in love with the SlaveTats the problem I have is the limit of them as seems to be a norm for most of people these days.

I was looking for a fix and as it is a SE version the NIoverride in text file does not work for me, and just found this solution:

Spoiler

On 5/5/2021 at 3:59 PM, LinaHirata said:

recoded MCM menu to support more than 12 slots

been using it for around a month now, decided to share

replaced 12 hardcoded states with events without state encapsulating them

when event starts we check which state were currently in and switch accordingly

im not sure if this approach is safe so im not attaching pex files, just the source along with git repo (so its easier to compare)

consider it kinda like code review :thinking: (or feel free to compile yourself, weary traveller, thats on you)

as ive said, ive been using it for a while now and didnt see any problems so far but, you never know, 'Papyrus works in mysterious ways'

:thinking:

Edit: ops, my bad, last second change - didnt check types before upload, fixd...

Edit 2: LE version and .pex

SlaveTats SE 1.3.6 - no slot limit.7z 65.6 kB · 179 downloads

SlaveTats LE 1.3.6 - no slot limit.7z 95.73 kB · 58 downloads

It seems to be working in some capacity as the way the menu itself looks did change but the limit of 6 body tattoos still stays.

At least tell me if I'm doing it right:

First in MO2 I installed the SlaveTatsSE

Afterward I have merged the no slot limit patch with SlaveTatsSE

Am I missing something there? Can someone please help me?

10 hours ago, AirRender said:

Hello,

I am kind of new to modding and fell in love with the SlaveTats the problem I have is the limit of them as seems to be a norm for most of people these days.

I was looking for a fix and as it is a SE version the NIoverride in text file does not work for me, and just found this solution:

Reveal hidden contents

It seems to be working in some capacity as the way the menu itself looks did change but the limit of 6 body tattoos still stays.

At least tell me if I'm doing it right:

First in MO2 I installed the SlaveTatsSE

Afterward I have merged the no slot limit patch with SlaveTatsSE

Am I missing something there? Can someone please help me?

I don't know how to make SlaveTats MCM has slot over than 12.
But if you want,you can edit "iNumOverlays=XX" in "RaceMenuSE\SKSE\Plugins\skse64.ini".

Then you can add more than 12 tattoo in "console --> racemenu" and only in there.MCM still has 12 slot.

I changed it to 32.It working for me and nothing error.
But if you open racemenu in MCM again,it will overwrite tattoo.

So if you use this way,get 12 tattoo in MCM then in "console --> racemenu" get more and don't open racemenu MCM again.

11 hours ago, AirRender said:

Can someone please help me?

idk whats the issue youre having but heres my skee64.ini [Overlays] section

Spoiler
[Overlays]
; Applies to only the player, or all humanoid actors NOT RECOMMENDED changing this, you can add overlays to certain actors via script
bPlayerOnly=1 ; Default[1]

; Determines whether face overlays are enabled
; disabling this disables the hook
bEnableFaceOverlays=1 ; Default[1]

; Determines whether to immediately apply shader changes
; when overlays are installed on an ArmorAddon
bImmediateArmor=1 ; Default[1]

; Determines whether to immediately attach and apply shader changes
; when overlays are installed to the face
bImmediateFace=0 ; Default[0]

[Overlays/Body] ; "Body [Ovl#]" and "Body [SOvl#]"
; Determines how many body overlays there should be
iNumOverlays=30 ; Default[6]
iSpellOverlays=1 ; Default[1]

[Overlays/Hands] ; "Hands [Ovl#]" and "Hands [SOvl#]"
; Determines how many hand overlays there should be
iNumOverlays=30 ; Default[3]

[Overlays/Feet] ; "Feet [Ovl#]" and "Feet [SOvl#]"
; Determines how many feet overlays there should be

[Overlays/Face] ; "Face [Ovl#]" and "Face [SOvl#]"
; Determines how many face overlays there should be

[Overlays/Data]
; Assigns these alpha properties to all overlays when they are applied
; 4844, 128 is recommended for solid overlays (they will render correctly underwater)
; Changing the overlay's alpha value ingame acts like 4845 regardless of assigned flags
iAlphaFlags=4845 ; Default[4845]
iAlphaThreshold=0 ; Default[0]
sDefaultTexture=textures\actors\character\overlays\default.dds

theres no standalone nioverride for SE, it comes as a part of racemenu, also ini file has been renamed from LE it was nioverride.ini now its called skee64.ini,

if youre using MO or Vortex make sure nothing overwrites it (in MO click Right Mouse Button on RaceMenu mod, open Information... and check Conflicts tab)

1 hour ago, EFHT said:

btw, @murfk, mind including it in the main mod? or should i release it as a patch on a separate page? ?

Edited by LinaHirata
18 hours ago, EFHT said:

But if you want,you can edit "iNumOverlays=XX" in "RaceMenuSE\SKSE\Plugins\skse64.ini".

Then you can add more than 12 tattoo in "console --> racemenu" and only in there.MCM still has 12 slot.

I changed it to 32.It working for me and nothing error.
But if you open racemenu in MCM again,it will overwrite tattoo.

So if you use this way,get 12 tattoo in MCM then in "console --> racemenu" get more and don't open racemenu MCM again.

that fixed it!
the solution i found was about some file for skyrim regular edition nif addon :/

luckily you can trust people on ll for solutios 

THANKS!

Hey, I'm having a weird issue with slavetats and I just can't seem to find the issue, even after looking for many hours now.

For reference, I am playing Skyrim VR with the VRIK mod for a visible body.

I've been trying to apply facial tats but they don't show up on my character. I've checked the ini, tried disabling a lot of mods I thought might interfere with it, but nothing seems to help. Has anyone else had this issue, and if so, how did you fix it?

I know it's kind of weird to try to make facial tats work in VR, but I just can't help it. If anyone knows how to do this, I'd be extremely grateful.

EDIT: Found the issue... The VR version of racemenu can't apply face overlays, so until that is implemented it's impossible to do

Edited by Geirtastic
On 9/5/2021 at 10:00 AM, LinaHirata said:

ye, i dont care, do whatever you want with it
id think about better paging solution tho, this was hastily made just to see if it even works or not

Honestly, I don't see a better way to do it right now.

Next version coming soon, with the unlimited slots user interface, the cache stored in the data directory instead of the game root, and source code that ought to compile unmodified for both SE and LE.

23 hours ago, Geirtastic said:

I've been trying to apply facial tats but they don't show up on my character. I've checked the ini, tried disabling a lot of mods I thought might interfere with it, but nothing seems to help. Has anyone else had this issue, and if so, how did you fix it?

Face tats are turned off by default since in some cases they can cause CTDs on decapitation.

For LE edit nioverride.ini, for SE edit skee64.ini. They are well commented, you should easily find the right line to change to enable face tats.

Hey, thanks for the update! I'm glad to have the extra slots. Now I can set tattoos and the like in higher racemenu slots so any slavetat writing will actually overlay on top of things meant to be under the skin. Also, as far as I've seen, it seems like the issue with RapeTats has been fixed. Now to see if I'm still getting the issue of facial overlays disappearing occasionally. 

14 hours ago, PubliusNV said:

Face tats are turned off by default since in some cases they can cause CTDs on decapitation.

For LE edit nioverride.ini, for SE edit skee64.ini. They are well commented, you should easily find the right line to change to enable face tats.

Like I said, already checked skeevr.ini (as I am in VR, not LE or standard SE), and the face tats should be enabled according to it. I can also see the options for face tats in the MCM for slavetats, as well as select specific tats to apply, but once applied they don't actually show up on my character. Believe me, checking the ini was the first thing I tried after a bit of googling.

EDIT: should also mention, I know skeevr.ini is the correct file, as changing the iNumOverlays values in the file actually affects my ingame options.

Edited by Geirtastic
Forgot details in original comment

Hi Murfk, 

"The SE-specific code has been changed so that it should work correctly on LE as well. If anyone wants to test that, I would welcome the feedback."

I tried using the SE ST version on LE, it sort of worked.  Everything seemed ok until I tried to add a ST.  I chose the tat set fine, the bottom option (speciffic color, cut versions etc) never comes up for me, it just sits there blank.  I use MO2 so I unchecked the new SE version and enabled my previous LE version (SlaveTats-1.3.6) and things work normally again.

I used SlaveTats-1.3.6(LE) all time of yesterday to get tattoos all over the body of my lovely followers.
Damn I was surprised while doing SKYRIM today.
The hours I had made yesterday all the time are gone. All the tattoos on their sexy bodies have disappeared.
I watched SlaveTats Mcm.
Sexy followers SlaveTats records were saved. However, there were no tattoos on their bodies.
Does SlaveTats disappear after a certain amount of time?

I've had this problem and I've seen a lot of questions from people having the same problem as me.

I've been looking for a solution on this bulletin board and all kinds of Skyrim community sites, but I can't seem to get any answers.

For reference, men in Northeast Asia have a dislike for women with tattoos.
East Asian men consider women with tattoos all over their bodies to be whores like this game.
I have used this for tanning and pubic hair and skin marks tattoos.

Edited by imauto93
9 hours ago, imauto93 said:

I used SlaveTats-1.3.6(LE) all time of yesterday to get tattoos all over the body of my lovely followers.
Damn I was surprised while doing SKYRIM today.
The hours I had made yesterday all the time are gone. All the tattoos on their sexy bodies have disappeared.
I watched SlaveTats Mcm.
Sexy followers SlaveTats records were saved. However, there were no tattoos on their bodies.
Does SlaveTats disappear after a certain amount of time?

I've had this problem and I've seen a lot of questions from people having the same problem as me.

I've been looking for a solution on this bulletin board and all kinds of Skyrim community sites, but I can't seem to get any answers.

For reference, men in Northeast Asia have a dislike for women with tattoos.
East Asian men consider women with tattoos all over their bodies to be whores like this game.
I have used this for tanning and pubic hair and skin marks tattoos.

No, they do not disappear after time, unless you're using an add-on mod such as Fade Tattoos. If the tattoos are still listed in the MCM, they should still be visible on the body.

There are things that can interfere with it, but they all come down to something weird in your load order. Some clothing items hide a character's real body behind a fake one, for example. Some combinations of mods can make it so skin overlays are only visible from certain distances or angles. Or at least, that's what I recall. I haven't seen anything like that since upgrading to SE.

15 hours ago, chuckyw said:

Hi Murfk, 

"The SE-specific code has been changed so that it should work correctly on LE as well. If anyone wants to test that, I would welcome the feedback."

I tried using the SE ST version on LE, it sort of worked.  Everything seemed ok until I tried to add a ST.  I chose the tat set fine, the bottom option (speciffic color, cut versions etc) never comes up for me, it just sits there blank.  I use MO2 so I unchecked the new SE version and enabled my previous LE version (SlaveTats-1.3.6) and things work normally again.

Thank you for testing. Would you be able to compile the SlaveTatsMCMMenu.psc and SlaveTats.psc files and try substituting the resulting .pex files for your 1.3.6 versions? Remember to back up the 1.3.6 pex files first, so you can revert them when you're done with the test.

Edited by murfk
I can't type today

What's New in Version 1.3.7 SE (2021-09-09)

Released Wednesday at 07:36 AM

• The MCM now supports more than 12 tattoo slots (big thank you to LinaHirata for contributing that code)
  • The tattoo cache is now stored in the data directory, so that different profiles can have different caches
  • The SE-specific code has been changed so that it should work correctly on LE as well. If anyone wants to test that, I would welcome the feedback.

Actually i try it with LE. I can see the new slot it's impressive well done. But I cannot pick any in subcategorie tattoo  and few of them turn the body of my PC Blue.

Spoiler

There is some exemple20210910181959_1.thumb.jpg.834ea970eace607e90017d39d49c8249.jpg

20210910182001_1.thumb.jpg.9a9d84c8e75ce163cfbb0463f9776278.jpg

Spoiler

Another set

20210910182013_1.thumb.jpg.1db56feccf52aad047a4ed976d5302a4.jpg20210910182016_1.thumb.jpg.21aa43b18039ea4211e1752fd602196f.jpg

Like you can see i cannot pick any sub categorie.

If you can fix it for LE too i would appreciate it. I always wanted to have more than 12 tattoo. YPS take already a lot of spot. (Piercing, body hair. etc.)

Edited by lcewolf
5 hours ago, murfk said:

No, they do not disappear after time, unless you're using an add-on mod such as Fade Tattoos. If the tattoos are still listed in the MCM, they should still be visible on the body.

There are things that can interfere with it, but they all come down to something weird in your load order. Some clothing items hide a character's real body behind a fake one, for example. Some combinations of mods can make it so skin overlays are only visible from certain distances or angles. Or at least, that's what I recall. I haven't seen anything like that since upgrading to SE.

The plugin esp file of SlaveTats-1.3.6(LE) has been moved down to the bottom of the mod array than the clothing mods.
And again, I assigned SlaveTats to my followers.
And I tried reloading the game.
After all, their SlaveTats have disappeared.
While searching for this issue, I found an article stating that this issue caused skyrim's own engine to remove unnecessary unrecognized archives.
The story of a community responder who said this is probably the cause is persuasive.
The cause of the disappearance of the SlaveTats set by the npc has nothing to do with the clothes.

I use overlay mod.
For example, Beeing Female's menstrual blood, Blush When Aroused's red face, and many other mods ,,,
Those work on npc's no matter what clothes they wear.

Edited by imauto93
4 hours ago, imauto93 said:

The plugin esp file of SlaveTats-1.3.6(LE) has been moved down to the bottom of the mod array than the clothing mods.
While searching for this issue, I found an article stating that this issue caused skyrim's own engine to remove unnecessary unrecognized archives.
The story of a community responder who said this is probably the cause is persuasive.
The cause of the disappearance of the SlaveTats set by the npc has nothing to do with the clothes.

I use overlay mod.
For example, Beeing Female's menstrual blood, Blush When Aroused's red face, and many other mods ,,,

Putting slavetats under clothing mods won't help. I've seen something similar a couple of times. Going into slavetats, changing a tattoo, then going back out makes it update and everything will reappear. Then you can change back to whatever the original tattoo was. It's happened on a couple of playthroughs, but not others even with the same load order. I really have no idea what causes this to happen, but that's the workaround I use when it does.

And going back to something said earlier, it does seem like something else that uses slavetats to do overlays is the problem. I also have issues where something will try to clear a tattoo, but then either the head, hands, or body will turn blue until I go into racemenu and find the overlay causing the problem and set it to not visible.

9 hours ago, imauto93 said:

I use overlay mod.

Once SlaveTats has added an overlay through NiOverride, it doesn't do anything involving that overlay until and unless you tell it to remove or replace the tattoo. It's all down to the overlay logic in the game engine and NiOverride. So, I can tell you what I've seen in the past and what turned out to be a solution, but I can't just fix it for you. I'm sorry.

I found out why SlaveTats is disappearing.
The reason SlaveTats disappear occurs when adding or removing mods.
This is what happens when Skyrim's engine removes unnecessary archives in the process.
Anyway I decided to uninstall SlaveTats.

But strangely, serana did not disappear from SlaveTats ;;

Spoiler

1.jpg.80e860883c615eec9d06784f5baad2d3.jpg2.jpg.d1fe958246550f0138ffdd7351dcd8ac.jpg3.jpg.0c2a1f55ff6c4c5960583087e4e025a9.jpg4.jpg.b40223702730cfd8c9fd56f00968c268.jpg5.jpg.c1fad5ce5bdf053c6b80d65e965f4261.jpg6.jpg.fa72ccd0f60c9ad9609de1f286a3dd4d.jpg7.jpg.825a8239ebb2fa60ffd1d1890c63af4e.jpg8.jpg.83af64030168aa217d29eba8ff41ac2b.jpg9.jpg.97d6125ad5897962a9919d36a273a38f.jpg

Edited by imauto93

Hi, so lately ive been having a problem in wich some tats looks like this. Dont know if someone can help. Okey just realized that no image was uploaded and i cant upload any,.. So ill try to describe it. Its a green and pink texture that covers all the body when i try to apply teh tat. 

ScreenShot2.bmp

Edited by japasmon1
The image didnt upload